register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-11-2017, 12:37 PM   #1

darkmx-6 is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default EGR code Not going away, brandnew EGR valve

Hello everyone, I followed the how to for the EGR code like 3 times. I also bought a new egr off of rockauto.com
Used Techron fuel treatment and a friend suggested a bottle of rubbing alcohol (tired on different tanks of gas).
I've done all this and still have No Change...

Well now I have a misfire code too...

I think it may be clogged somewhere between the EGR valve and the exhaust manifold.

Someone suggested in the discussion after the how to that It could be gummed up intake valves.

That doesn't seem related to me but at this point I'm willing to try almost anything.

I know I can clear it with Access Point, but I need to pass inspection.

I hate EGRs, those things are the worst to try and fix, doesn't matter what car they are from.

Any Ideas would be helpful I'm thinking of tearing it apart tonight and driving the truck to work.

Any other ideas or anyone else come accross this?
darkmx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #2

tom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nice
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had this resolved with a bottle of startron fuel treatment actually, misfire came first though, then the code for the egr. Put in enough to treat 512 gallons

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
tom10122 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom10122 For This Useful Post:
darkmx-6 (09-12-2017)
 Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #3

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you just unplug it do you get any additional codes? You could pull the pipe that connects it to the IM. Its a pita to do but that would be the only area that could clog...and that would be unlikely to begin with. Its a pretty big pipe. can you list all the current codes you're getting?

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GroceryGtr For This Useful Post:
darkmx-6 (09-12-2017)
 Old 09-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

just those two codes, misfire multiple cylinders and EGR low flow.

I did take out the pipe and checked the intake manifold, then cleaned everything. It did have some build up but not enough to block it.

I have yet to clean the valves though.

I'll read the codes again tonight and see what I have.

After I clean the valves and it doesn't work I'll disconnect the EGR valve and see what codes I get.

Last edited by darkmx-6; 09-12-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: adding more info.
 Old 09-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tom10122 View Post
I've had this resolved with a bottle of startron fuel treatment actually, misfire came first though, then the code for the egr. Put in enough to treat 512 gallons

How many bottles did you use? I found 1 bottle for 48 gallons. Are there larger bottles than that?
 Old 09-12-2017, 07:08 AM   #6

tom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nicetom10122 is just really nice
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darkmx-6 View Post
How many bottles did you use? I found 1 bottle for 48 gallons. Are there larger bottles than that?
There are bigger bottles that treat 512 gallons, I always bought them at a marine store. The bigger bottles are really for boats

tom10122 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tom10122 For This Useful Post:
darkmx-6 (09-12-2017)
 Old 09-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Was not able to take the intake off.
I have two codes though, misfire code is gone now.

the regular
P0401 Insufficient EGR Flow

and a new one

P0113 IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

at least the misfire is gone I hope?

I'll disconnect the EGR tonight and drive it tomorrow.

Last edited by darkmx-6; 09-12-2017 at 09:03 PM.
 Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tom10122 View Post
There are bigger bottles that treat 512 gallons, I always bought them at a marine store. The bigger bottles are really for boats

Just ordered one off ebay for almost $30 should be here next week.
 Old 09-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #9

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Clean your maf, then clear the code to see if it comes back. Sometimes you can fix the issue but the code will remain until you clear it since it's saved.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

as far as the EGR goes it's been cleared many times and keeps coming back I'll clear the codes tonight and start taking off the intake manifold so I can clean the intake valves.

May not be related But I'm sure it needs it the car has 175,000 miles
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #11

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea those valves definitely need to be cleaned. I still think it's possible that the EGR tube is clogged.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The tube it's self is not clogged I ran a wire through it, oven cleaner, foaming engine degreaser, tap water with pressure and compressed air. everything flowed right through it.

I'm about to take off the intake so taking the tube off again will be easy,but I'm sure it's not clogged.

I'll check it again though.