register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Thepedigree13
  • 2 Post By Varomnia

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #1

AngelJDM2019 can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Help a noob lol

So Iím hoping to make my car louder I want to straight pipe the car but leave the stock muffler I have boost gauge and I donít get on full throttle and I donít have turbo control can I still straight pipe with out have engine problems ??
AngelJDM2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say NO Thank You to AngelJDM2019 For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (11-14-2017), rymanmazda (11-15-2017), stockms3 (11-14-2017), Thor Hammer (11-16-2017), Vansquish (11-14-2017)
 Old 11-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #2

KhalidBiary is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Help a noob lol

Originally Posted by AngelJDM2019 View Post
So Iím hoping to make my car louder I want to straight pipe the car but leave the stock muffler I have boost gauge and I donít get on full throttle and I donít have turbo control can I still straight pipe with out have engine problems ??

You are going to get slaughtered by so many people by posting this. I'll try to be nice and answer before a roast sesh begins. First, do you use the search feature and YouTube. I've heard guys say that straight pipe sounds like trash. I personally do not want to go around telling people I'm straight piped cuz then you sound like a lil bitch. Our cars have great tone and straight piping will give you a ricey sound. I currently have both resonators deleted with and it sounds phenomenal. As for engine problems , If you mean straight pipe from the cat back with a muffler , all you're doing is getting rid of the resi's. , no engine problems there. So it's not a straight pipe. But once you start messing with the first cat (if I recall correctly ) , then you will run into turbo problems , fuel pressure problems and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by KhalidBiary; 11-14-2017 at 12:17 PM.
KhalidBiary is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 01:40 AM   #3

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,111 Times in 931 Posts
Groans: 403
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Another speed that's going to sound like shit...
Thepedigree13 (11-15-2017), Thor Hammer (11-16-2017), Vansquish (11-14-2017)
 Old 11-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #4

Sandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the worldSandman978 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

As respectfully as I can.
Remove first cat...
Install Magnaflow...
Straight pipe from there to rear of car...
I think that's about all you're ready for...

Fapped over pictures of Laguna Seca
 Old 11-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

Db09ms3 will become famous soon enoughDb09ms3 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought my car used with the 2nd cat deleted and muffler deleted too. Sounds good. Nice and throaty with slight droning at highway.
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #6

nate montoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would recommend a second cat delete at the most right now. If you want to actually run a straight pipe which I take as a catless downpipe and 2nd cat delete and maybe resonator delete you are going to need an accessport and upgraded hpfp internals. Atleast internals at the least but I wouldn't risk it. If you don't have the internals and you remove your stock dp get ready for zoom zoom boom. You should be able to get away with jusy a second cat delete though and have a sporty exhaust sound if that's what your looking for.
nate montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

AveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant future
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Though its cheap, a "straight pipe" won't sound as good as a quality exhaust and the only things that will eliminate the highway drone are resonators. Just save and get a quality exhaust, something like an axle back from Ultimate Racing.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #8

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 62
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys are too soft.....
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, DogBone Mounts, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stockms3 For This Useful Post:
Thepedigree13 (11-15-2017), Thor Hammer (11-16-2017)
 Old 11-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #9

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This thread needs MOAR SARCASM
 Old 11-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #10

Thepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the worldThepedigree13 is the leader of the world
Groans: 64
Not Ranked  0 score     

That shit is so full of fail I thought it was one of the OG msf guys trolling out of boredom.

Wtf is a turbo controller first of all. And why boost gauges if you don't go WOT. Matter fact why boost gauges at all unless you just want pretty colors on your cluster.

Bro if you want it louder take the exhaust off completely. Why waste your time straight piping when you could be straight gangsta and go exhaustless.

BOOM.
Db09ms3 likes this.

COBB: (APV3//Exhaust Hangers)
CS: (TMIC//RP//Leather Knob//Battery Box//Interior LEDs)
JBR: (3" SRI//80 Threesome//SSP//SSB//TB TIG//Coolant Bypass//Rice Flaps, EGR delete, OCC)
Magnaflow CBE//GFB BOV//FREEKY DEEKY OTS+

》》》SUPPORT YOUR MSF VENDORS《《《
Thepedigree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #11

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,113 Times in 501 Posts
Groans: 113
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fucking damnit. FUCKING SEARCH!
Mods: Cobb AP, MSD Dashhawk, GT3076r, HTP 3" SRI, FMIC w/ tr8, Wiseco Pistons (9.5:1), Manely Rods, HPFP AutoTech Intenals, NJSPEED3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ VCTS Delete, Turbosmart BPV, Grimspeed 3-Port EBCS, NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs, 3.0" ATP Turbo Dowpipe w/ high flow cat, Devil's Own Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection Kit, 50/50 Methanol, ACT 6 puck sprung w/ streetlite flywheel, Block8head vent pod, Prosport Performance Boost Gauge Amber/White, Cipher Auto Harness Bar, Cipher Auto 4-point Racing Harness, BC Racing Coilovers, CP-E rear diff mount, JBR RMM 80A, SPC Front Adjustable Ball Joints, Enkei Raijin Hypersilver 18x8 +45, 225/45/18
-Autocross Setup-
17x8 +38, BF Goodrich R1 225/45/17

Other Rides:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM: 114k miles, never modded (Totaled March 2013)
1969 Ford Ranchero: 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 600cfm, fully re-done interior (w/ Grant steering wheel, '91 T-Bird SC racing bucket seats), C-6 Automatic Trans w/ shifter kit, First, body work, then drag racing and dumping money into it.
1969 Pontiac Firebird: 4:11 gears, 28x10 ET Streets (Middle of restoration with father)
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: 174k miles, 5 speed, Fiberglass Baja Front clip, 2in body lift, 4in suspension lift, 33x10 BFG All-Terrains, Custom Smittybuilt Bumpers, Custom Intake (SOLD)
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2017, 08:54 PM   #12

Varomnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. You'll want a tune if do a full turbo back straight pipe. And fuel internals. Read your welcome PM. Goes over this shit.

Hope you don't have emissions testing in your area...
 Old 11-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #13

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,459 Times in 883 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Open down pipe is always the way to go.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front)
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #14

Varomnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Only to be beaten by a open headers turbo delete!
KiwiFlavor and Db09ms3 like this.
KiwiFlavor (11-16-2017)
 Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM   #15

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 72
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AngelJDM2019 View Post
Solid first post ricer. How the fuck can you not have "turbo control"? Do you just blow on a tube off the BCS located next to your steering wheel in between sucking off your passenger? You have no clue what you are doing or talking about.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote