register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #1

Tunemanjjw will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default HELP! Reconnected battery, now horn won't stop blowing constantly and car won't start

HELP!

2006 mazdaspeed 6 sport (basic) model

Symptom: When battery terminal is reconnected, Horn blows continuously (no pulsing) and all turn signals are lit solid, instrument panel does not light up, car does not respond to key fob commands or key in the ignition (car does not start consequently), interior lights no go, power windows no go, low beams will not turn on, HIGH BEAMS WILL TURN ON.

Backstory: I removed my battery to tighten up my turbo inlet hose, and when I reconnected the battery there was a lot of constant sparking instead of the usual single spark. I cleaned up the terminal some and when I went to connect it, as soon as the terminal touched, the above symptoms go on until it is unplugged. Also notable, the key was in the ignition in the II position (right before cranking position) the entire time. I've not had any electrical problems with this car EVER. There are no aftermarket alarms or such installed on my car.

What I've tried: I've tried cranking the car with the key in the ignition (this is the normal key, not the valet key), pressing and or holding any combination of buttons on the key fob, the interior light and instrument panel fuses had blown so I tried replacing those, they reblew and no difference.

Curious Angles: did my car think it was getting stolen since the battery was reconnected while the key was in the ignition in the next-to-start position -- is this what is supposed to happen given the circumstances? Did having my key in the ignition II position when I reconnected the battery fry the chip in it making it invalid and henceforth my car does not respond to it?

Is there anything I should try, or does anyone have any light to shed on this? Being my only car, it's going to the dealer sometime tomorrow to address this but I'd love to save some pesos and time if there's a slick fix or suggestion. Thanks
Tunemanjjw is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #2

i8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the worldi8urgti is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,594 Times in 787 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 35 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

holy jebus wtf did you do? that sounds like VW problems. nothing i can offer except good luck

2006 LPM MS6 GT (totaled)
0-60 mph : 4.2 second (as per DH)
12.83 @ ???MPH 1.67 60ft
2002 Miata Se (convertible whore)
i8urgti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to i8urgti For This Useful Post:
manelscout4life (11-21-2011)
 Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't I wish I knew! Totally bizarre. All
I can think of is some weird ecu/immobilizer response (since I'm not familiar with the effects of making it seem like I am stealing my own car or how to
Blow the chip inside the fob) or maybe when I was tooling around in the engine bay I jammed a wire or harness or something...I didnt brute force anything or stretch any wires doing the TIH tightening so I have no idea! No major surgery here.
 Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 AM   #4

eppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It sounds like what would happen if you put the terminals on backwards.
Could have nuked the ECU. Take the battery off and disconnect the ECU harness, Drain the whole system and then try hooking it back up. Report back.
CP-E Nano Intake - JBR 88D Trilogy - Cobb AP - Sure Shortcut - 20% tint - Blox 490g shift knob - Big stereo system (WIP) - Singer 400AMP alternator - Turbosmart dual port - KDM V2 FP Internals - 10k DDM HID's (lows) - 12k HID's (fogs) - UR CBE (no mufflers) - Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator - CP-E TMIC - UR Resonated Test Pipe - Dano Perm Tune - Blockhead Dual Gauge Vent Pod (painted) - Aeroforce Interceptor x2 - 19 inch RonJon Inspyres
eppopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eppopipe For This Useful Post:
Bucker (11-21-2011), Raider (11-21-2011)
 Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
THE RELENTLESS RACCON

Sid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,980 Times in 3,882 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 27 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your first problem is that you left all the electronics and pumps on while you disconected the battery... Would you just pull the cord mid way threw the boot up of your desktop? Your secound problem is that like @eppopipe said it sounds like you reversed the terminals. Like he said drain the ecu fully and keep your fingers crossed that you didnt fry anything. Good luck and if you figure it out post it on here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sid3wayS For This Useful Post:
Bucker (11-21-2011), captain slow (11-21-2011), Raider (11-21-2011)
 Old 11-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #6

MZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the worldMZR165 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is no slick fix...you've shorted something by leaving the key in the next-to-on position while disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and or by possibly crossing the cables on reconnect. Take it to Mazda...this could be expensive. Sorry.

TOWER PERFORMANCE ENGINES

"You never get out of the throttle unless you see the timing tower."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“There is no limit to the good a person can do, if he does not care who gets the credit”
MZR165 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #7

Spirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the worldSpirry is the leader of the world
Groans: 31
Groaned at 28 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on the static discharge. Disconnect the battery cables. Touch the two leads together for a few seconds. Wait 10-15 minutes. Reconnect battery cables.

Doubt that will work but give it a try. Just make sure the battery is not connected to anything during the process.

Also, you probably damaged something with a voltage surge...
Spirry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #8
Fear The Banhammer!

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 42,794 Times in 10,938 Posts
Groans: 686
Groaned at 147 Times in 123 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If reversed terminal syndrome, the main fuse should have popped, and one of the terminals would have been tough to connect to.

The issue was key on when you disco'd, and that fried something up, as everyone ^ has posted. Keep us posted on what the dealer finds out Might need a $100 ECU reflash to fix it, minimum.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...fl-9-a-168707/

1) Looking to Buy a used Mazdaspeed? Read this!
2) New member? Read this before posting (UPDATED 10/2012!!) as well as the welcome PM and email. Details are here.
3) Wanna buy and sell here? DONATE for VIP
4) For Sale Section Rules UPDATED 3-31-14! Please read before posting, especially if you have less than 150 posts!
5) Help MSF grow with FAQ threads!?
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So the terminals were def not connected backwards. I have distinctly different terminals for - and + but I see how this seems like a similarly resultant scenario.

Where do I disconnect the ECU (I haven't tinkered much with this car)

I have disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes several times to drain system and retried with no difference.
 Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
THE RELENTLESS RACCON

Sid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the worldSid3wayS is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,980 Times in 3,882 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 27 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The ecu is the 2 big plugs write next to the battery. Each one pops off seperatly by lifting the lever. But if u already drained the battery n no result its likely you fried something. Sorry bro
 Old 11-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #11

H3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the worldH3llfir3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

its the BCM located in the drivers side cabin fusebox. You more than likely shorted it out.

NATOR of Florida
H3llfir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #12

crazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the worldcrazyp is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,559 Times in 638 Posts
Groans: 68
Groaned at 22 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A friend of mine has an RX8 that did this when we jumped his car. turned out to be an alarm feature. was the door open and ignition on when you installed the battery?

close and lock doors
install batteries.
unlock door with remote
2006 MS6 -GTX3076 .82 AR-Steedspeed Topmount mani-DJ/PERM Top mount Kit with PERM tune-CXracing FMIC-Tial .44mm WG - KMD Internals- Sure RDM, Turbine tech FDM and FMM=JBR trilogy MM- Whiteline rear sway- eibach prosport springs-jbarone SSP-COBB AP-ACT 6PUCK- ITV22-Prosport Spin On Conversion-Snow Performance stg 2 Meth-CPE Injector seals-Matt Damon OCC
crazyp is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #13

chuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the worldchuckms6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,529 Times in 668 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

before you get in too deep check ALL fuses and grounds, no matter if you think they are related to the problem or not. sometimes the way a system is wired may cause voltage to backfeed through another unrelated circuit to find ground if its specific fuse is blown. after that and replacing all the blown fuses if there are any disconnect the battery for a while and let the system drain as previously discussed. if you still have problems, THEN take it to the dealership.

13.7@ 96 w/1.8 60ft (SRI, AP)
13.4@ 102 w/1.9 60ft (SRI,AP,WAIC,TIG, Internals, ITV22's)

chuckms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #14

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,313 Times in 1,556 Posts
Groans: 397
Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wanna be helpful and an asshole all at the same time. I mean come on, why was the key in the ignition and why was it turned to on???? Try all the previously mentioned things. Other than that, I don't think we can help you here....
captain slow is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #15
Mano Negra

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,916 Times in 1,667 Posts
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you could disconnect the horn for a start. At least you won;t go deaf diagnosing the problem. lol
_riskibus_MS3 (11-21-2011)
 Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #16

3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world3mazdaspeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My neighbor had the same problem after her battery died, her husband told her to just drive it around till it stopped. Well she did and it worked out for her.
3mazdaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 20,948 Times in 5,258 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

check your body control module at the drivers footwell. i had the same thing happen to me.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (06-17-2013)
 Old 11-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #18

_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world_riskibus_MS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 22
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

poltergeist
_riskibus_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #19

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
check your body control module at the drivers footwell. i had the same thing happen to me.
I'm having the same issue after installing tail lights after a paint job. I crossed something and got a short and the horn blares and 4 ways blink etc. What ended up being the fix for you? How do you check the bcm?