register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GroceryGtr

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #1

turbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default How many Mazdaspeed 6's are left in the US?

Was think about the rarity factor and it got me thinking. I know there were about 10.5k imported to the US, but how many still remain on the road today. Is there anyway to find out? Anybody out there have an idea.

Saw a Craigslist posting where the guy claimed there are only 3,000 left. Seemed a bit low.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
turbskies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #2

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wasn't someone trying to gather all the VINs for these, or was that for Speed3s?
3K does seem pretty low though. Maybe try asking the guy where he got that figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RÄZO RA138 Shift Knob, RÄZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RÄZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #3

thatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud ofthatguy0o0 has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PapaBruno View Post
Wasn't someone trying to gather all the VINs for these, or was that for Speed3s?
3K does seem pretty low though. Maybe try asking the guy where he got that figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
The thread I remember seeing was a guy trying to figure out the actual number of speed3's produced and it was a few years back. I don't know if he gave up or found what he was looking for.
thatguy0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #4

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

For an accurate speed 6 count you'd just need to pull the registrations from each state. Its public info, but most states charge a nominal fee to produce the list. I'd wager there are probably 7k still registered in some form or another(assuming 10k starting point).
turbskies likes this.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #5

turbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to allturbskies is a name known to all
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
For an accurate speed 6 count you'd just need to pull the registrations from each state. Its public info, but most states charge a nominal fee to produce the list. I'd wager there are probably 7k still registered in some form or another(assuming 10k starting point).
Sounds like a lot of work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
turbskies is offline   Reply With Quote