register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:07 PM   #1

KamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default How much is my car worth?

I am thinking about selling my 2007 Speed6 in the Spring to purchase the new Mazda6 Turbo.

It is a Canadian GT model with Bose, leather, heated seats etc, one mature owner from new until 2015. I bought the car with 50,000kms in August 2015 and it was 100% stock with a full Mazda service history.

By the time the Spring comes it will have 70,000kms (about 43,000 miles) on it.

I know modifications don't really add much value to it, but for what it's worth, these are the mods I have added over the last 2.5 years.

Installed Parts:

HPFP
Corksport Stage II Power Series Short Ram Intake
ETS TMIC
CP-E Catless Downpipe
JBR Boost tubes
JBR Rear Mount
JBR EGR Delete
JBR Oil Catch Can
JBR Bypass Valve Hose
JBR Turbo Oil Restrictor Bolt
JBR Insulating intake gasket
Corksport BPV
Corksport injector seals
Damond PMM
2013 Speed 3 rims with 4 new BF Goodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S 225/45/18
Window tint 20%
Winter Mats & Summer Mats
LED Bulbs inside & out
Cobb Accessport & Tuned for my mods by Stratified

Maintenance:

Transmission Fluid changed
Rear Diff & Transfer Case Fluid changed
Step Colder plugs every year
New 02 Sensor when down pipe installed
Walnut blast before deleting EGR and installing OCC
Power Steering flush
Front and rear brake pads
Cabin Air filter
Numerous oil & filter changes with Rotella 5-40
New Battery

It is in very good condition, no rust, no dents, no dings, it does have some stone chips on the hood and front bumper but it is 11 years old.

I realize this forum is predominately US based, but if this car was for sale in the US, what would be the average asking price?

I'm thinking of advertising it for $10k CDN which is about $7,900USD.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3923.JPG (3.22 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3922.JPG (2.98 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3921.JPG (3.04 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3920.JPG (3.40 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3919.JPG (3.27 MB, 5 views)
KamloopsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #2

flapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to all
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KamloopsDan View Post
I am thinking about selling my 2007 Speed6 in the Spring to purchase the new Mazda6 Turbo.
Why?

I doubt the 2018 mazda 6 turbo will be anything close to your speed6 performance wise if thats what you're looking for.

Your car looks to be in above average condition with very very low mileage. On average MS6s here in the US have 120,000+ miles (193,000 kms). I would maybe start out at $9,500 USD(12,000 CAD) asking and take no lower than $8,500 USD (10,500 CAD).

Engine:
\\ JBR Solid RMM \\ AWR PMM \\ TRZ TMM \\ JBR PCV OCC \\ COBB SRI & TIP \\ CPE 3.25" TMIC \\ TurboXS 3" Catless DP \\ 3" Resonated Midpipe Back \\ Autotech HPFP Internals \\ Ford Transit Van Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter \\ Full EGR Delete \\ Throttle Body Coolant Bypass \\ Corksport Injector Seals \\ Greddy Type FV BPV \\

Tuning:
\\Cobb AP V3\\ Stratified Stage 3 E30 Mix S-OTS \\

Suspension/Brakes:
\\ BC Racing BR Type Coilovers \\ StopTech Street Pads F&R \\ Centric Drilled & Slotted Rotors \\ OZ Alleggerita Wheels 18x8 et48 \\
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flapjack For This Useful Post:
KamloopsDan (02-14-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Db09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very nice. The new 6's look decent and the engine is okay for what it is intended. But like jackflap says, don't lowball yourself, aim high and haggle from there. Ball is in your court.
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Db09ms3 For This Useful Post:
KamloopsDan (02-14-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #4

WAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,325 Times in 706 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just make sure if you list it on social media (FB groups, etc) that you list the price reasonably. I'm not saying low ball yourself but don't list it for $15K because the vultures will dig in and once they swoop in forget about anything constructive being done. It appears you have a beautiful 6 on your hands so I would hate to see your ad get demolished by idiots.

2004 Yamaha R6 - Micron Ricer Pipe / PC
2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i - R.I.P. 10/29/13
WAMBUSHHHH! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WAMBUSHHHH! For This Useful Post:
flapjack (02-14-2018), KamloopsDan (02-14-2018), KiwiFlavor (02-15-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #5

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 103
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll give you 15 Loonies and a firm maple syrup handshake, good sir.
Koni Str.t + Bilstein B8; Swift Springs; JBR STS; Sumi HTR Z III on RX8s
PD by Will
sharksinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharksinspace For This Useful Post:
KamloopsDan (02-14-2018), KiwiFlavor (02-15-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #6

KamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank you all for your replies, I guess my ball park figure of 10k CDN was about right.

I realize the new Turbo 6 will not drive the same as my Speed, I'm not looking for power, just a smooth drive with more bells and whistles to play with inside the cabin.

I will see how I feel once the new cars are out, who knows, I may not even like the way it drives. I am really hoping it will be AWD though, gotta have AWD up here in the winter.
KamloopsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 06:04 AM   #7

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The whole no rust fact and the lower mileage really work in your favor. majority of the ones I come across are either crazy mileage or have the cancer of the north. It is the main reason mine has never seen snow. Rust-free 6s are going to continue to be a money maker.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote