register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 2010mps
  • 1 Post By Whitebullet
  • 3 Post By 5doorsoffury

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

2010mps is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Installing a sub

Can you plug and play a sub into a 2010 speed3 with the wires that are already there for the stock sub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrosvaldoavila likes this.
2010mps is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #2

Mezdee is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

updates on this?
Mezdee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 PM   #3

Whitebullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Someone was selli g a wire harness on FB mazdaspeed forum for this recently
2010mps likes this.
 Old 12-31-2018, 06:41 PM   #4

Carskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any amp with a high pass input will allow you to splice into factory speaker wiring. Then set LPF to 70-100 depending on preference. Not the best solution, but relatively easy with factory wiring.
Current Performance Mods: APv3 Freektune 93 & E-30 | JBR 3.0 SRI | ETS TMIC w/JBR Red Tubes | SpeedDaddy TP | AT HPFP | Damond Triple Mounted | Southbend S2 Endurance Clutch/Fly | Stoptech Slotted Rotors | EBC RedStuff Pads | Enkei PF01 18x8.5 +48 | Continental EC Sport 245/40R18 | KWv2 Coilovers | Whiteline LCA Bushings, Anti-Lift, & Bump Steer | Whiteline Endlinks | JBR .125 FSB & RSB w/billet bushings/mounts | CS Lower Tie Bar | DM OCC w/VTA | JBR Shifter Bushings
Stereo Mods: Pioneer AVH4100NEX | Phoenix Gold 6.5" Comps Front | Focal 6.5 Coax Rears | Polk 12" in Trunk Floor Enclosure | PPI 4x125W amp driving Fronts & Sub
Other Mods: FIAMM 72112 Low Note Horn alongside stock
Mods Awaitting Install: Redline Leather Center Armrest & Handbrake Boot
Future Mods: Injector Seals | Built Block & BNR S3v2 if ZZB
Removed Mods: JBR 70A RMM | Koni STR.T Orange Shocks
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-01-2019, 05:46 AM   #5

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My .02 on this subject just for the hell of it.

The oem sub is dvc. I think there dual 1 ohm. So the amp puts power out at .5 ohm load. Anything above that and the power output drops. Any 1 ohm dvc sub that you find will have such a high power rateing that the power out from the amp into this sub will be like throwing a cup of water into a well. At that point just get a self powered sub and use the amp output as a signal input.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
2010mps (01-14-2019)
 Old 02-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #6

tinycafe1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Easiest way is the splice into the rear speaker wires just as others have suggested. Just make sure your amp has a low pass filter. You will have to run a power wire from the battery and a ground wire to the nearest ground by the amp.
While one this topic does anyone have an elegant solution to positioning a remote sub level control somewhere around the dash?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
tinycafe1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #7

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You definitely need an amp + a sub, i personally prefer to have an amp that is more powerfull than the sub or at least equal to keep better control of it. I did put a 10inch on the side using some of the jack holder space in my 2007 ms3. My FG amp did not had high level input so i just added a LOC adapter to make it work. It isn't as best as an RCA signal from an aftermarket unit but it isn't that bad for a sub.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #8

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
My .02 on this subject just for the hell of it.

The oem sub is dvc. I think there dual 1 ohm. So the amp puts power out at .5 ohm load. Anything above that and the power output drops. Any 1 ohm dvc sub that you find will have such a high power rateing that the power out from the amp into this sub will be like throwing a cup of water into a well. At that point just get a self powered sub and use the amp output as a signal input.
I didn't pay attention to that so it mean the factory sub amp is probably based on a IC chip directly connected to the car 12v to save the voltage step up power supply usually found in an aftermarket amp.
Do you know if door speaker are the same low impedance with bose system?

Wife drive 2010 CX7

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
 Old 02-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #9

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
I didn't pay attention to that so it mean the factory sub amp is probably based on a IC chip directly connected to the car 12v to save the voltage step up power supply usually found in an aftermarket amp.
Do you know if door speaker are the same low impedance with bose system?
Yes. I posted the specs at one point but i believe they are the usual 1.5-2 ohm woofers and the cross over for the tweeters are done in the amp but dont quote me on that last part. Every channel is done with the Bose amp. Door components d pillar mids along with the sub.
The big suck with a high level in from the stock amps output is very filtered/ crappy bass . I believed i just tapped rca's on the bose amp inputs before i did my full system.
I want to say the amp is 200w so @80% efficiency thats about 20amps.

Edit: as far as the voltage stepup comment is concerned i am pretty sure there is a dc to dc converter vs coils if you were talking about the amps power stage. I dont see how looking at the sub being connected to a multi channel bose amp would make you come to that conclusion.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

Last edited by 5doorsoffury; 02-08-2019 at 02:45 AM.
5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm an electronic tech and used to be active in car audio before...i'm still curious about everything around this even if i stopped buying audio parts to save for performance parts.....(loading the trunk with a lot of heavy subs won't help 1/4 mile times...)

So With a 12v nominal at the amplifier stage and 4ohm load, you can expect at best 22w from the best IC chip...Any aftermarket head unit claiming anything above this is peak power or bullshit because i didn't see any yet with a voltage booster.
To increase power you either need to increase voltage or decrease impedance. My point was: If bose used very low impedance woofer in the range of 0.5ohms instead of the usual 4ohms/2ohms it could have been to use a simplified amplifier device. With an added power stage after the ic, you can get 100+w at 0.5 ohms with just 12v...
You can also combine to feed a 2 ohms load under 12v and get something like a 40+w rms that would be about what we have with the bose system....

I also found that old thread about the 3
Factory Bose Specs and Diagram

Wife drive 2010 CX7