register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,113 Times in 1,440 Posts
Groans: 259
Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Jiffy Lube Scam

Car meets on haloween should play this on a projector. Used to go to a quick lube place called fast lane for my previous 150K miles plus cars. Now I know why I should go to the dealer or change my own.

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breakfstincluded For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-02-2011), Modelcsr08@yahoo.com (10-02-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #2

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,590 Times in 505 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 50 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would never take any car to juffy lube, most of these places are employed all by young kids who dont give 2 shits
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
Boost Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boost Addict For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-02-2011), Chimmike (10-06-2011), Modelcsr08@yahoo.com (10-02-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #3

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

this video is 10 minutes long, you posted 4 minutes after OP.

conclusion:

you are superman

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to breakfstincluded For This Useful Post:
Abu Zib (10-04-2011), Chimmike (10-06-2011), Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-02-2011), HLR Element (10-06-2011), jlink38 (10-04-2011), Mizzle (07-31-2012), phate (10-04-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011), tragik (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #4

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol I dont need to watch this to know much of a scam jiffy lube is
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
The Following User Says Thank You to Boost Addict For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-02-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #5

andrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the worldandrewpiro is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just another reason why I do my own work. If you take your car to the "cheap" places like Jiffy, you're going to get fucked.
andrewpiro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewpiro For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-02-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #6

cesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the world
Groans: 106
Groaned at 53 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

this is why when I do take my car to a dealer for service (never, ever use a discount POS place like JL) I take my own filter and oil and check to make sure my filter was installed...and check to make sure oil is clear before leaving.

goddamn messicans...
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cesaros For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-02-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
Two nuns and a pack mule

AtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not to mention they hire anyone at those joints regardless of automotive experience. Fuck the dealerships, too. They are also morons. I will always do my own work because if something fucks up in my car, I can be accountable for it. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, I believe that anyone that owns a car should know how to change their own oil, at the very least.
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn really? I'm lookin for a part time job I better apply.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #9

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,057 Times in 3,204 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Never been to Jiffy Lube, never WILL go to Jiffy Lube. Ever.

Same with Just Brakes. Last time I went there for their $99 brake job, they made up a bunch of shit about me needing new pads and rotors front and rear, and needing my calipers "reconditioned" because they weren't releasing properly. $800. I took it to the dealer -- they said the calipers were fine, and I needed new front pads and rotors. Everything else was fine.

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #10

jonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,249 Times in 457 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 133 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fuck jiffy lube, near me theres a place called oil can henrys or some shit which is the same POS as jiffy lube, and one of their employees is a legitimate mentally challenged people, no offense, but no way in hell id let a mentally retarded person work on my car or any car for that matter.
Missing home... Florida

jonspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #11

Delphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the worldDelphie is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andrewpiro View Post
Just another reason why I do my own work. If you take your car to the "cheap" places like Jiffy, you're going to get fucked.
Sad thing is, Jiffy Lube isn't even that cheap. For regular dino oil the Jiffy Lube around here charges a hair under $40. Even dealerships don't charge that much.
2007 Velocity Red Mazdaspeed 6 | SURE Dreadnought Rear Diff Mount | CP-E WishBone Motor Mount | AutoMeter 5777 Boost Gauge | Cobb SRI | RPM Sport Springs | JBR Stage 1 SSP | JBR Heavy Shift Knob | Type-M V2 18x8 rims | Hankook V12 235/40/18 tires | Hypertech Tune | Dashhawk V2
Delphie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Delphie View Post
Sad thing is, Jiffy Lube isn't even that cheap. For regular dino oil the Jiffy Lube around here charges a hair under $40. Even dealerships don't charge that much.
Exactly, they over charge for everything. I take my own oil and filter to the dealership and watch them do it. Only charge me $13 for labor and shop fees.

FREEKTUNE
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #13

Modelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck Jiffy Lube more like Jewish Lube, they might as well lube up there butt holes, because after watching this video there going to have too. Fuckin Jewish company.
Cobb AP: Stage2+SUR+TIH+IC 93|SURE: Aeros|Sidewinder|Charge Tubes|Return|ShortCut|CounterShift|M6 RacePipe|TorqR6 RMM|TurboSmart Dual Port BOV|CP-E TMIC|MagnaFlow CB 2.5'|StopTech D&S|HAWK HPS|AutoTech Internals|Denso ITV22|
Modelcsr08@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #14

jonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,249 Times in 457 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 133 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

omg at this comment.
"I do all repairs on my car, but DIY oil changes are a waste of time and money. The savings are insignificant and I'd rather give someone $10 on top of supplies to do it for me. Everything else, I do myself."

I wish i could falcon punch this faggot.
Missing home... Florida

jonspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonspeed3 For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-02-2011), HLR Element (10-06-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ holy shit wtf is the context of that gif haha? ^^^

Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,274 Times in 4,347 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're not a man if you can't do you're own vehicle maintenance.

If your excuse is "I don't have time". Unclutter your fucking existence.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Modelcsr08@yahoo.com View Post
Fuck Jiffy Lube more like Jewish Lube, they might as well lube up there butt holes, because after watching this video there going to have too. Fuckin Jewish company.
I use penz plat anyway but damn... i just read on wiki that jiffy lube is owned by shell.

Cmon shell, police your people.

Also: For the purpose of having no future questions if you need warranty work is why some people get it done at the mazda stealership.

I think it's good for warranty purposes to establish at least one record / some relationship with your local dealer. I'll be doin my own oil after I install autotech internals.

Although I hear Autotown Mazda in oregon is cool with our modding shit

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to breakfstincluded For This Useful Post:
Abu Zib (10-04-2011), Modelcsr08@yahoo.com (10-02-2011), triplejumper18 (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #18

cesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the worldcesaros is the leader of the world
Groans: 106
Groaned at 53 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post

Same with Just Brakes. Last time I went there for their $99 brake job, they made up a bunch of shit about me needing new pads and rotors front and rear, and needing my calipers "reconditioned" because they weren't releasing properly. $800. I took it to the dealer -- they said the calipers were fine, and I needed new front pads and rotors. Everything else was fine.
but their commercial says that "at juuuust brakes, we really doooooooooo, care!"

I feel like i dont know what to believe anymore...
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #19

Modelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond reputeModelcsr08@yahoo.com has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

When I hear the word Jiffy, I think of peanut butter.
Cobb AP: Stage2+SUR+TIH+IC 93|SURE: Aeros|Sidewinder|Charge Tubes|Return|ShortCut|CounterShift|M6 RacePipe|TorqR6 RMM|TurboSmart Dual Port BOV|CP-E TMIC|MagnaFlow CB 2.5'|StopTech D&S|HAWK HPS|AutoTech Internals|Denso ITV22|
Modelcsr08@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shell makes me crave macaroni. Like the velveeta box one.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #21
Daily Driver

Nitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,267 Times in 679 Posts
Groans: 48
Groaned at 79 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i did not need to see this video to know they are idiots, they would always put 5-20w oil in my speed instead of 5w-30 a long time ago.
Nitr0EngiE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #22

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 264
Groaned at 69 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

we should start a "I HATE JIFFY LUBE CLUB"

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"
rghispanic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #23

JohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

that's why, even if i'm a noob, i do all the maintainance on my own...

i also bought oil filters from my mazda dealer's parts department and the parts rep asked me if i know that 5w-20 is the right oil for the car. cant believe that even dealers don't know shit about our cars

| Cobb AP | Cobb SRI/TIP | CXRacing/Godspeed FMIC | AQ Motorsports downpipe | Mazdaspeed CBE | Autotech HPFP internals | Koni Yellows | Eibach Prokit | Progress RSB | Mazdaspeed camber arms | CPE RMM | TWM shortshifter/bushings | Redlinegoods shifter/e-brake boots | Defi Red Racer boost gauge | RPM ventpod | OEM RX8 wheels | Yokohama S-drive 245/40/18 | Volt 4300K HID | Ho-en yellow fogs | Mazda5 rear rotors | Dual Fiamm horns |
JohnMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #24

2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world2008speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 707
Groaned at 127 Times in 108 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

repost

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...75/#post202108
2008speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2008speed3 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-03-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #25

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,060 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by breakfstincluded View Post
this video is 10 minutes long, you posted 4 minutes after OP.

conclusion:

you are superman
ROFL, how does no one else find comedy in this? I mean this literally, It was witty.

Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn View Post
I've said it many times and I'll say it again, I believe that anyone that owns a car should know how to change their own oil, at the very least.
This is retarded, why the fuck should some rich prick who just wants to drive a fast car, or someone like my girlfriend, or maybe my mom need to know how to do anything on their car? Maybe they should know how to change a tire just in case they get a flat and there is no one to help, but no, if you don't care about cars, there is no reason to know how to change your oil or even battery or windsheild wiper blade. I only know how to do these things because I enjoy it.

Now, it may be beneficial for them to learn, because how many mechanics out there are crooks like these guys, and how many times have they/I been ripped off, IDK, but there is something wrong with the car repair/maintenance industry as a whole to earn this reputation. And it is too bad, because there are also knowledgeable mechanics out there whom I will never trust because of scams like these... My jetta's engine went out at 175000 miles. After seeing this, I wonder if Jiffy lube (where I always took it) had anything to do with it?

... I just wrote some gramatically challenged sentences but am to buzzed to deal with them.
Ckmazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ckmazdaspeed3 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-03-2011), TexasSpeed3 (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #26
Two nuns and a pack mule

AtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ I assume your mom and your girlfriend have plenty of dough to throw around then. If that was the case with me then I wouldn't be turning a single wrench, either. Some people don't have this luxury. Even if I hated turning wrenches I would still do my own work because it would save me money and the job would be done right. I guess I'm just retarded for avoiding risks like the OPs video. I'm glad my girlfriend knows enough about cars so some douchebag won't make an idiot out of her. Lay off the booze...
 Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well we are talking about women... And most people don't do it because automotive know how (even oil changes) isn't the most accessible thing to learn. It is, but not to most people. And even if they know how easy it is they'll just think it's too out of their element to do. (like mom's and dautghters)

I'd like to know what percent of college students away from home have the tools/place to change their oil, much less know how yet.

With that said, I am definitely showing my sister this video so she stops going to such places for maitnence. Especially out of state.

If I told her how necessary it is that one learns/does change their own oil. She'd probably tell me how necessary it is I learn to cook my own damn sandwhiches during the game.

What would I have to say?

"Touche."

Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #28

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn View Post
^^^ I assume your mom and your girlfriend have plenty of dough to throw around then. If that was the case with me then I wouldn't be turning a single wrench, either. Some people don't have this luxury. Even if I hated turning wrenches I would still do my own work because it would save me money and the job would be done right. I guess I'm just retarded for avoiding risks like the OPs video. I'm glad my girlfriend knows enough about cars so some douchebag won't make an idiot out of her. Lay off the booze...
My mom does not have plenty of dough, she is struggling. The point is that she should not have to know about her car to drive and own it. The fault is not with her, it is with the industry. That is the flaw in your statement.

And, referring to the part in red, this is fucking stupid! I don't care how handy you are, there are a million things in your life that you don't do, but if you did, they would be done better and save you money.

We can't all do everything, and we have to decide what we do do. I probably cook a ton more than you and would not be surprised that if I decided to purchase value ingredients, I could cook more meals than you for less money. Over the long run, I bet this would save me more money than me working on my car. Now, does this mean that you made the wrong choice by working on your car and not cooking? No, it means that you made a different choice because you preferred it. I bet there are things that my mom and girlfriend do too that save them money where you probably spent money.

Also, my grandma who recently passed away was in great mental health. She could drive quite confidently and was coherent when I saw her within six months of passing away. Should she not have owned a car because she could not physically deal with changing the oil?.. LULZ, you are just pissed cuz i called you retarded, hence the, "lay off the booze" comment.

So next time you say that someone should do their own maintenance, think about the last time you cooked most of your meals, stitched and altered your own clothing, picked up all of your own food (no delivery), did all of your gardening, fixed your toilet, hot water heater, tv, dvd player, stereo, furniture, refrigerator, tile, shower and so on. Like I said, choices, we all have to decide what we choose to fix and save money on.... if you say you do all of these things yourself, your a fucking liar because there is not enough time in the day!

Also, maybe some people make enough money that even with the dishonesty in the car repair industry, they would be wasting money by doing it themselves??? ever think of that buddy! You think that mr. bently owner would be better off changing his own oil? He probably would have made $300 dollars in the time it would take him to do that.

... Don't get me wrong, I change my own everything! Two weeks ago, with the help and guidance of matt damond and silvapain, We changed my clutch! So, I'm not even talking autobiographical here.

Last edited by Ckmazdaspeed3; 10-03-2011 at 06:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ckmazdaspeed3 For This Useful Post:
AtTheDriveIn (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #29

keymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the worldkeymaster is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been to a place like this (a Jiffy Lube) once, when I just didn't have time or a place to do my own oil change and had to get it done right then. They overfilled my MX-6 (a big no-no with the 2.5L engine) enough that oil came out through the VC gasket and filled up the spark plug wells. The car was fine once I got some of the oil out of it, but the excuses from them (including "I always overfill my oil, it's what you're supposed to do") were just ludicrous.

Sometimes you just can't do it yourself, and the majority of people don't want to deal with it or don't feel confident to even do something as simple as an oil change. In those cases, take it to a reputable shop that you know (AAA certified is usually a good start) or a dealership. Don't give any money to the quickie places, they are out for a buck and a lot of the services they push can do some serious damage to your engine.
keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #30

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,247 Times in 3,161 Posts
Groans: 2,550
Groaned at 82 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ckmazdaspeed3 View Post
My mom does not have plenty of dough, she is struggling. The point is that she should not have to know about her car to drive and own it. The fault is not with her, it is with the industry. That is the flaw in your statement.

And, referring to the part in red, this is fucking stupid! I don't care how handy you are, there are a million things in your life that you don't do, but if you did, they would be done better and save you money.

We can't all do everything, and we have to decide what we do do. I probably cook a ton more than you and would not be surprised that if I decided to purchase value ingredients, I could cook more meals than you for less money. Over the long run, I bet this would save me more money than me working on my car. Now, does this mean that you made the wrong choice by working on your car and not cooking? No, it means that you made a different choice because you preferred it. I bet there are things that my mom and girlfriend do too that save them money where you probably spent money.

Also, my grandma who recently passed away was in great mental health. She could drive quite confidently and was coherent when I saw her within six months of passing away. Should she not have owned a car because she could not physically deal with changing the oil?.. LULZ, you are just pissed cuz i called you retarded, hence the, "lay off the booze" comment.

So next time you say that someone should do their own maintenance, think about the last time you cooked most of your meals, stitched and altered your own clothing, picked up all of your own food (no delivery), did all of your gardening, fixed your toilet, hot water heater, tv, dvd player, stereo, furniture, refrigerator, tile, shower and so on. Like I said, choices, we all have to decide what we choose to fix and save money on.... if you say you do all of these things yourself, your a fucking liar because there is not enough time in the day!

Also, maybe some people make enough money that even with the dishonesty in the car repair industry, they would be wasting money by doing it themselves??? ever think of that buddy! You think that mr. bently owner would be better off changing his own oil? He probably would have made $300 dollars in the time it would take him to do that.

... Don't get me wrong, I change my own everything! Two weeks ago, with the help and guidance of matt damond and silvapain, We changed my clutch! So, I'm not even talking autobiographical here.
I have to agree with most of this, though i have fixed all of those myself save for the television and dvd player, and I have this to add:

Everyone should at least know what is involved in changing their oil and what to check when the work is complete. I would never pay someone to do work for me without understanding exactly what i am getting in return. So your Mother or Grandmother should be able to check the color of the oil when they are done, look for a new filter and make sure that the reciept says the correct oil was used. At the very least check your oil, I know someone who's wife got their oil changed at a Jiffy Lube and they never put oil back in it, with obvious results, Jiffy Lube replaced the Oil but the bottom line was that if she had at least checked their work there would have been no problem.

It must be the engineer in me that feels compeled to check everything twice.
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Two nuns and a pack mule

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's absolutely not her fault and it shouldn't be! Yes, the flaw is with the industry, but if it really came down to it to protect ourselves from scumbags, it wouldn't hurt to be informed about your car to avoid getting scammed saving cash in the long run. My mom is struggling enough to do this. You want my mom's phone number? She can tell you how it is. You can even sleep with her if you want. People tell me she can suck a mean dick.

I agree. I can't do everything in life. None of us can't. So that statement is stupid in that aspect. That's why I try to do as much as I can for myself. There are times where this does backfire on me costing more time and money because I mess something up, but I can't learn without getting into something I don't know.

You're probably, right! You can cook more than me! I live day by day on a ramen noodles and whatever else is cheap and fast. I'm a full time college student, work my job and attend to the house when needed. I don't have time to enjoy a homemade meal. Must be nice that you're living the good life with choices to choose from. Good on you. I wish I had a choice on saving cash between working on my car/house or eating cooked meals because I don't. You assume that I do, though.

I'm sorry for your loss. I should of been more specific. Of course, there physical limitations, but if you're able-bodied, that's a different story. Nothing wrong with granny asking her sons or grandchildren to change her oil. And I never said you called me retarded. Lay off the assumptions... and the booze. I'm not pissed off at all, but it looks like you put some decent time in your response to my post. It's not that serious.

Damn. I keep forgetting you know my life story. My bad. Again, lay off the assumptions, Don't assume anything about me you don't know. Some MSFers here can't seem to grasp that concept. I don't fix/maintain every single piece of equipment in my home/car, but I can try to do it all unless time holds me back. It's something I HAD to conform to with a shitty wage. I don't consider myself a "Jack of all trades", but I have some information on most of the stuff you mentioned above. Too bad there's isn't enough time in a day for some of us, but there's always tomorrow.

Good point there, pally! I would be doing the same too if I was wealthy. Why wash my underwear when I can buy some new ones every time! I do believe that the rich don't consider information as a commodity. But, it's the other way around for those who are broke.

Right on, man! Feels good doesn't it?
 Old 10-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

[QUOTE=Easter Bunny;1070323 I know someone who's wife got their oil changed at a Jiffy Lube and they never put oil back in it, with obvious results,[/QUOTE]

Happened to my mom, she lost her engine... she didn't make it more than a 1/4 mile IIRC. We had a good relationship with the shop too, but they denied that it was their fault because they didn't want to pay for a new engine.

Luckily it was a ten year old celica gts and my mom knew another mechanic that hooked her up.

@AtTheDriveIn, wow! you went all out there... IDK, I am sober and have lost my enthusiasm, but looks like you spent some time composing that response too...whops, sorry for the assumption.

One more thought though: I do find it funny that you think it is more important for a person to change their own oil on their car when they don't have much money, but it's not important to put good food in one's body (i.e. not ramon and shit of that nature) which is a shit ton more valuable and important to take care of. Ramon is pure shit, and I would think that healthy food would help you get everything out of that college education that you are working so hard to pay for... oh, and a good home cooked meal does not need to take long to cook... Shit, roast chicken: prep chicken, 5minutes; cut a few vegis, 5 minutes; roast chicken while you do homework (or change your oil ) 1 hour. Total cost, $10-15 dollars. This will net you about 6 meals which would be $2.5ish a meal, tops and about 15 minutes of labor with cutting the chicken. If you don't have that much time, you are doing something wrong.

There's a bunch of other stuff too, but like I said, i am to lazy to respond and know that these debates will just go on and on. But I always pay extra close attention to food comments and misconceptions about food/cooking.
AtTheDriveIn (10-05-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 for sucking angry penis

Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,605 Times in 1,889 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 350 Times in 213 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ROFL, how does no one else find comedy in this? I mean this literally, It was witty.

This is retarded, why the fuck should some rich prick who just wants to drive a fast car, or someone like my girlfriend, or maybe my mom need to know how to do anything on their car? Maybe they should know how to change a tire just in case they get a flat and there is no one to help, but no, if you don't care about cars, there is no reason to know how to change your oil or even battery or windsheild wiper blade. I only know how to do these things because I enjoy it.

Now, it may be beneficial for them to learn, because how many mechanics out there are crooks like these guys, and how many times have they/I been ripped off, IDK, but there is something wrong with the car repair/maintenance industry as a whole to earn this reputation. And it is too bad, because there are also knowledgeable mechanics out there whom I will never trust because of scams like these... My jetta's engine went out at 175000 miles. After seeing this, I wonder if Jiffy lube (where I always took it) had anything to do with it?

... I just wrote some gramatically challenged sentences but am to buzzed to deal with them.

i understand where you are coming from but i do not agree. when you drive a car you are operating a vehicle. dont you think some basic knowledge and maintenance of a car is pretty important? thats like a cop operating a weapon without any knowledge of basic maintenance or function. what happens if you dont know how to maintain a gun? it jams right? obviously a properly working gun is very important to a cop and if his weapon were to malfunction during operation because of maintenance neglect i think that could lead to some negative consequences don't you agree? what if you were operating a vehicle and it stopped functioning because of the lack of knowledge on proper maintenance on the freeway? don't you think that would have some catastrophic effects if it were to occur during heavy traffic areas?
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Good comparison, like a gun, a car is quite dangerous. And I do agree that knowing how a car works would improve the decisions one makes during panic situations. However, to what end should you understand how a car works? I spend tons of time on my car and have learned so much this last year, but there are definitely systems on my car that I know nothing about.

I just don't see how changing your oil or checking spark plugs is going to save lives. I think if anything, during driving school, or for the driving test I mean, it should be part of the curriculum to spend time practicing how to react to car parts that fail during use, but again, to what end does this go? Do you really think even if people learn about failing tires, engine, stuck acceleration pedal, failed brakes, broken axles... They will remember what they learned when it really happens?

Shit, I would say take the top three car failures and pound that info into peoples heads and leave it at that... Or maybe make the penalty for things like bald tires more severe. Like, if your tires are bald, you lose your license until they are replaced. That would be a lot more useful (along the gun comparison) than knowing how to do maintenance. And the funny thing is, that is one job you can't DIY.

This all branched off of me thinking DIY car maintenance should not be required to own a car, and I firmly believe that. The only thing knowing how to change your oil will do is save you bucks.

Again, I really like the comparison, but I still don't agree... I did for a minute though.
breakfstincluded (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Today's social expectations just simply don't include changing your own oil.

Let's be honest, people are idiots, and for example... lets say changing your own oil is something you learn once in highschool or something, like writing a resume....

Would you trust a fellow classmate to change YOUR oil? A good reason to learn to properly change your own oil... but it's by no means someone that anybody SHOULD do.

That's why oil change places are makin tons off our lazy asses.

Oh gawd that makes me think of people that go to geeksquad at bestbuy for computer repair... seriously makes me want to self-harm.

It saves tons of money to change your own oil, but so would knowing how to do many other things yourself.

I definitely wouldn't of known my rear shocks were leaking until my last oil change at the dealer. Maybe if there were visible leaks around my parking spaces, but there weren't. Sadly I really wouldn't of known when or crossed my mind to check them at the 27K miles I'm at right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to breakfstincluded For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #37

HLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,962 Times in 575 Posts
Groans: 109
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i wonder how many people just don't change the oil... i had a friend that got a flat one day and he had to wait for his dad to come to change it... and this is the person who's scholarship PAYS him to go to school every year. People just don't know anything about their own cars anymore.
i seriously think i'm the only one of my friends that knows who to change a tire... you think they're going to get under their car and change oil? lol...
 Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #38

ChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoMike has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This video is from 2006. Can we start posting more old stuff I've seen 10,000 times already? :-P

K&N SRI, CP-E TIP, COBB DP, Borla AB, JBR SSP Stage 2, JBR Chrome-Molly RMM + PMM, AP Stage 2, Autotech HPFPI, ETS TMIC, ITV22's, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS hood strut system, Valentine One Blendmount Hardwired Fluids: Motorcraft XT-M5-QS transmission fluid, Mobil One "Gold Cap" Extended performance oil.
ChicagoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #39

redmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So... Im guilty, I used to work at Jiffy lube for 2.5 years while in High school, and have to agree it is a shit place. I was an assistant manager for about 1.5 years of this so it was decent pay for someone in high school, but upper management was a joke. If you didn't average a certain $$$ amount daily or monthly people got fired. Everything they sold was over priced, and even I would admit that to customers if they asked. I would tell them they could buy the air filter/ wiper blades/ fuel filter/ ect cheaper at Checker auto and Id install it for them. (this made me some good side money) They sell shit quality products as well.

After I left I went back to my old shop a year or so later and had to have my manual transmission serviced on my Integra and it had to be done ASAP and I could not get to my friends shop to do it (he was out of town) and they cracked my transmission, found out 2 days later when I saw a big puddle under my car. Brought the car to them and told them to fix it, they said we will take a look at it. Told them they better get me a rental car which they refused to do. Took them 3 days to finally look at it, and this was the managers response

"There was JB weld on the transmission before we touched it so the crack is not our fault."

Know for a fact this was a lie, as I worked for them and they will do anything and everything to get out of fixing a mess up from one of their employee's. So he told me that he could JB weld the crack but that's all he could do. Have not been back since and will never go back again, nor will any of my family or friends.

SURE RMM | SURE Shift Weight | SURE SSP | CP-E CAI | CP-E DP | CP-E TIP | COBB AP |SnailD Tunned| TEIN Springs | SU Turbosmart BPV | Autotech HPFP Internals | Autolite XP step colder plugs | JBR Heavy Shift Knob | CXracing FMIC | Block8 Single Gauge Pod | MSD DashHawk

Waiting to be installed: SURE Dreadnaught | JBR Shifter Bushings | SU Boost Tubes | P&P Intake Manifold

Soon to come:SURE Intake/TB TIG | SURE Juggernaught | RSB |

286awhp / 346lbs tq @4500 ft ASL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redmnsterut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redmnsterut For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (10-06-2011)
 Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #40
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 20,955 Times in 5,259 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i taught my fiance how to change a tire and her own oil and now she does it on her own every 3k. i dont even stand and watch her anymore haha

she also changes her own bulbs and other simple shit. and she diddent know squat about cars till she was forced to by meeting me lol
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote