register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Death-From-A-Mile
  • 3 Post By Death-From-A-Mile
  • 1 Post By Death-From-A-Mile
  • 2 Post By TriO
  • 1 Post By robry
  • 1 Post By Death-From-A-Mile
  • 1 Post By jonspeed3
  • 1 Post By wankular
  • 1 Post By Downmented

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default made a Downmented-style mistake

so I was doing my fuel pump internals and took the entire housing apart. cleaned it thoroughly per autotech instructions. Somehow the gasket that goes into the pump housing for the flat plate (with the 2 t-25 security torx bit screws) got ripped, I did apply some oil but it must have torn somehow, FML. So I'm leaking fuel out of there. Does anyone have a bad pump or one laying around they would be willing to overnight ship me their gasket. I will pay you + buy you a new gasket. I found the part from mazda but I kind of need my car for the dyno day this weekend.

Please let me know, thanks guys!
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
SOLD2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
robry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #2

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Go to the parts store and buy a sheet of gasket material

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
deadlandxtreme (02-10-2012), Raider (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

that won't work, there is a groove inside that piece, it has to be some sort of o-ring. I can even take the o-ring to the parts store and see if they have something that will work. just figured I'd throw it out there for someone to see if they had this laying around.
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

jonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,314 Times in 493 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 134 Times in 68 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

maybe @IDRVSLO might be able to help, he has that busted pump, idk if he might have the part you need.
Missing home... Florida

jonspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonspeed3 For This Useful Post:
karl-hungus (02-08-2012), robry (02-07-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #5

Death-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,074 Times in 347 Posts
Groans: 87
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by robry View Post
so I was doing my fuel pump internals and took the entire housing apart. cleaned it thoroughly per autotech instructions. Somehow the gasket that goes into the pump housing for the flat plate (with the 2 t-25 security torx bit screws) got ripped, I did apply some oil but it must have torn somehow, FML. So I'm leaking fuel out of there. Does anyone have a bad pump or one laying around they would be willing to overnight ship me their gasket. I will pay you + buy you a new gasket. I found the part from mazda but I kind of need my car for the dyno day this weekend.

Please let me know, thanks guys!
I have one laying around...send me a picture of what you need and we can get this taken care of.

Scott
rfinkle2 and kritz like this.
Death-From-A-Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Death-From-A-Mile For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-08-2012), robry (02-07-2012), speed23 (02-07-2012), tddvrrn (02-07-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sent you a PM with a photo, this is what I'm looking for in case you're lurking this thread.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #7

Death-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got it and got it. I am up in Beaver, come get it! I can meet partway this weekend but not until then. Let me know. FREE FREE FREE

I wouuld like to thank @jonspeed3 for all of his hard work on these forums and in life. A shot out to @cduhh for being a total douchebag and selling me a garbage pump. Oh and I would like to thank God for well........well......shit.

rfinkle2, kritz and deadlandxtreme like this.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Death-From-A-Mile For This Useful Post:
ak_spray (02-08-2012), asall667 (02-08-2012), Bucker (02-07-2012), deadlandxtreme (02-10-2012), dizzydtrain (02-10-2012), jack_hammer (05-22-2012), jonspeed3 (02-10-2012), karl-hungus (02-08-2012), kgb (02-08-2012), kritz (02-10-2012), MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex (02-08-2012), mtnrunner (02-08-2012), Raider (02-08-2012), Sid3wayS (02-07-2012), SofaKingAwesome (02-08-2012), Tokay444 (02-08-2012), uncorked11 (02-10-2012), Vader (02-08-2012), wolly6973 (02-10-2012), xfeejayx (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If i come the whole way can i grab it tomorrow? The part you are holding has the o ring on it without any rips or tears?
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes sir it is in mint shape! I wont even take off the Oring, dont want to risk it. If you come up tomorrow can you be here before 1230pm or between 4-530pm or anytime after 9pm? Sorry for the tight window.
rfinkle2 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Death-From-A-Mile For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #10

bigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the worldbigriver is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,083 Times in 494 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dont need to clean the whole pump. Most of us just clean and oil the internals.
EdgeAutosport.com (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #11

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I said to hell with that when I saw the the AT instructions for full disassemble and cleaning. I only disassembled and clean what was neccessary to do the install.

One of the vendors on here should look at putting together a rebuild kit complete with all the gaskets.
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
08cosmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 08cosmic3 For This Useful Post:
EdgeAutosport.com (02-08-2012), JacksonMS30 (02-10-2012), karl-hungus (02-08-2012), Ms3_Miami (02-07-2012)
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I could be there before 1230 easily. I'll pm you my number and you can let me know where to meet you.

Well I figured out that the autotech instructions are somewhat worthless. I'm guessing I didn't get enough oil on that o-ring when reinstalling.

Last edited by robry; 02-07-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #13

TriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice... MSF getting shit done
Boosted Beluga and kritz like this.
TriO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriO For This Useful Post:
kritz (02-10-2012), superskaterxes (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks again to Scott @IDRVSLO for helping me source the part/o-ring I needed for my fuel pump

car is up and running again! I'm ordering o-rings right now. Can't say thank you enough. Hopefully we get a pittsburgh meet together and I can buy you a few beers.
Raider likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to robry For This Useful Post:
superskaterxes (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

horrible instructions and glad you're fail free. i was afraid we wouldn't have a cbm genpu to snicker at during saturday's meet.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
Vader (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol well now you can pick on me
 Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

@robry @karl-hungus

I am glad the install went smooth! It was good to meet you.

BTW what meet are you guys referring to, the occupy moore meet? We definitely will get something set up for the Pittsburgh area guys this Spring.
rfinkle2 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Death-From-A-Mile For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (02-08-2012)
 Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

just anything, would be cool if we did like a meet at the waterfront and maybe hit up dave and busters or something.
 Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

robry is indeed helping us occupy moore automotive on saturday ---> http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...yno-day-99760/

only 5 hours away from pitt.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #20

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by robry View Post
just anything, would be cool if we did like a meet at the waterfront and maybe hit up dave and busters or something.
I would try to come to something like that.

Even thought the internals install was a royal pain, it will be worth it!

idrvslow ftw!!!!!
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #21

jonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the worldjonspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,314 Times in 493 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 134 Times in 68 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by IDRVSLO View Post
Got it and got it. I am up in Beaver, come get it! I can meet partway this weekend but not until then. Let me know. FREE FREE FREE

I wouuld like to thank @jonspeed3 for all of his hard work on these forums and in life. A shot out to @cduhh for being a total douchebag and selling me a garbage pump. Oh and I would like to thank God for well........well......shit.

Sending many thanks for the mention from the great land of afghanistan, but i didnt do much, you saved the day brotha!

Besides i don't do much for these forums besides troll and provide banging avatars and LOL sigs.

;]
rfinkle2 likes this.
Missing home... Florida

jonspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #22

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Even those are ridiculously phony (your avatar)... I still watch her take that shirt off about 5x's before moving to the next thread.

The other guy with the brunette pulling her jeans up get's me like 4x's.
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
wankular (02-10-2012)
 Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #23

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Who is that hootchie? After many minutes of staring, I think those might be real. The way it jiggles and flattens out when she pulls the shirt over it....

And I always right-click-save those avatars because you never know when the nazis will make them change it.
rfinkle2 likes this.
 Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wankular View Post
Who is that hootchie? After many minutes of staring, I think those might be real. The way it jiggles and flattens out when she pulls the shirt over it....

And I always right-click-save those avatars because you never know when the nazis will make them change it.
I think that I see the outline of the implant, but I may be wrong.

Finding bouncing boobie pulling up pants avatar now.

NSFW-----------*** came across this today as well ******** nsfw http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ml#post1253392

@wankular - link to profile with avatar of said bouncing http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/members/zkrick/
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
wankular (02-10-2012)
 Old 02-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #25

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
I think that I see the outline of the implant, but I may be wrong.

Finding bouncing boobie pulling up pants avatar now.

NSFW-----------*** came across this today as well ******** nsfw http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ml#post1253392
Looks like I have more research to do.

That pants avatar is porn star Jayden James so with a little work you will be able to find much more than pants-pulling-up.

And it's about time that thread became NSFW!
kritz (02-10-2012), rfinkle2 (02-10-2012)
 Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #26

kritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,792 Times in 4,852 Posts
Groans: 95
Groaned at 48 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Getherdone

Originally Posted by TriO View Post
nice... MSF getting shit done
I too have noticed this trend with the Nator Nation. It is good shit!
rfinkle2 (02-10-2012)
 Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #27

Downmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the worldDownmented is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,251 Times in 1,971 Posts
Groans: 493
Groaned at 92 Times in 63 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Woah Woah Woah, late i might be but WTF is this shit lol

A DOWNMENTED style mistake?
Raider likes this.

700HP CLUB
Former World Record Mazdaspeed 60' 1.603
11.479@124mph

10second car with an 11second driver
#DIX

-Builds 700hp MS6, buys miata, sells said MS6!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote