register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leifmadsen

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #1

Ams1265 has a spectacular aura aboutAms1265 has a spectacular aura aboutAms1265 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Ms3 bypass pulley

Has anyone ever found an A/C bypass pulley for an 08' ms3. No one seems to make them but was wondering if there may be one out there for another vehicle that may work as running a shorter belt isn't an option. Thanks.
Ams1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #2

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,766 Times in 3,845 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ams1265 View Post
Has anyone ever found an A/C bypass pulley for an 08' ms3. No one seems to make them but was wondering if there may be one out there for another vehicle that may work as running a shorter belt isn't an option. Thanks.
Read through this thread for some ideas.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #3

Ams1265 has a spectacular aura aboutAms1265 has a spectacular aura aboutAms1265 has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks that thread is just what I was looking for. Not sure if I want to go the alternator route though but I saw that an mx-5 non ac idler pulley will work with an 87.5 belt. Worth a shot ac's been out for 3 days and just want to get it back on the road as of right now. Thanks for the thread!
 Old 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #4

Turbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,901 Times in 524 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I believe that dorman makes an a/c bypass pulley that will work. It's cheap too. The 2001 ford ranger was the first use of the mzr/duratec 2.3 block. The a/c compressor on those blocks is a 3 bolt design and the block only had 3 bolt holes. Our version of the block has a 4 bolt hole pattern. I have a ranger 2.3 block with the 3 bolt holes in my 07 focus and the 4 bolt compressor bolted in perfectly just using the 3 bolts. I am not 100% sure on this but check out dorman part number 34184 it is a bypass pulley for the 2001+ ranger 2.3 dohc. It could very well work for our cars. It's only about $30 and if it does not work for you you could always return it.

The Car - 08.5 True Red MS3 GT - MODS -Cp-e nano sri, HTP 3" tip, Autotech internals, Custom fmic 28x8x3.5 cx core, Cobb ap, Autolite XP5263, Turbo_Steve SHIFT HAMMER SSP, TRZ rear mount. Atp Downpipe and custom catted mid pipe. JBR TIG, tb gasket & egr delete, XS POWER V2 turbo manifold, Aem 30-3000 WMI Kit, Ported intake By Turbo_Steve. ADAPTED PERFORMANCE SHIFT HAMMER SSP - ADAPTED PERFORMANCE ENGINE COVERS

Soon to come.

WHO KNOWS? A.D.D. FTW!
Turbo_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo_Steve For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (08-14-2014), redneck4Christ (07-28-2016)
 Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks I just looked it up at my local parts store and they do have that bypass pulley in stock. Like you said it's only around $30 and if it doesn't work I'll drive the 2 miles and bring it back. If it doesn't fit I'll mark it and go from there. Either way I'll def let you know what works and what doesn't. Thanks for your help.
 Old 08-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It does fit, kind of. I need to thread out the mounting position on the block. One of the 3 holes the bracket lines up with is sealed off. Not exactly a surprise as the block has been used by many different models over the years. Tap it out in the morning and go from there. Also the spacer seems a little narrow so picking up one that is a little wider. 3rd issue is the bolts are a little long by roughly a 1/4''. This will work just needs to be worked on a bit but nothing serious. Really appreciate your help on locating the right pulley though it's a huge help. Let you know how it works out when I fire it up, finally.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ams1265 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (08-14-2014), snailD (08-14-2014), Turbo_Steve (08-16-2014), Vansquish (07-28-2016)
 Old 08-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #7

Turbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,901 Times in 524 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Post up some pics of it installed. Thanks
The Car - 08.5 True Red MS3 GT - MODS -Cp-e nano sri, HTP 3" tip, Autotech internals, Custom fmic 28x8x3.5 cx core, Cobb ap, Autolite XP5263, Turbo_Steve SHIFT HAMMER SSP, TRZ rear mount. Atp Downpipe and custom catted mid pipe. JBR TIG, tb gasket & egr delete, XS POWER V2 turbo manifold, Aem 30-3000 WMI Kit, Ported intake By Turbo_Steve. ADAPTED PERFORMANCE SHIFT HAMMER SSP - ADAPTED PERFORMANCE ENGINE COVERS

Soon to come.

WHO KNOWS? A.D.D. FTW!
Turbo_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #8

tony mongell has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Hey Ams1265

Originally Posted by Ams1265 View Post
It does fit, kind of. I need to thread out the mounting position on the block. One of the 3 holes the bracket lines up with is sealed off. Not exactly a surprise as the block has been used by many different models over the years. Tap it out in the morning and go from there. Also the spacer seems a little narrow so picking up one that is a little wider. 3rd issue is the bolts are a little long by roughly a 1/4''. This will work just needs to be worked on a bit but nothing serious. Really appreciate your help on locating the right pulley though it's a huge help. Let you know how it works out when I fire it up, finally.
Did the ac bypass pulley work for you?
tony mongell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to tony mongell For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (07-28-2016)
 Old 07-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #9

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,747 Times in 918 Posts
Groans: 113
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe PM the previous poster? Chances are just about 100% he is not following a thread now almost two years old.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #10

tony mongell has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MSMS3 View Post
Maybe PM the previous poster? Chances are just about 100% he is not following a thread now almost two years old.
Thanks MSMS3!
tony mongell is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #11

leifmadsen will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Found this post, and during my engine build did the AC delete with this pulley. Thanks so much to the OP who posted the part number. Bolted right on my 2008.5 MS3 block.

Pics of it installed.

HairyScandinavian likes this.
leifmadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leifmadsen For This Useful Post:
kTaLgsTo (06-12-2018)