register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree304Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #1241

ChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Stock width tires on the left, 245 Nitto NT01's on the right, 275 G-Force R1S's in the middle.
Not to circle back to an older post, but a question finally worked it's way through my brain. How much did you have to drop your tire pressures with the wider tires? Or did you leave it unchanged and essentially get the gains from better cornering grip since the patch became wider?
Thinking about moving to wider rubber when I wear out my current tires and wondering if I'm looking to start with a few psi drop, 5psi, 10, etc.
TWM: Full Replacement Shifter
Cobb: AP
AutoTech: HPFP Internals
Ebay: Test Pipe
ChaunceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaunceyM For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #1242

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,234 Times in 2,731 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is really no telling unless you are getting the exact same tire as before, just wider on a similarly wider wheel. Some tires like more, some like less, and the stretch/bulge of the tire on the wheel impacts it as well. Unless you have a skid pad handy you just gotta take your best guess and adjust using a pyrometer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-04-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-04-2016), Voltwings (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #1243

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,523 Times in 2,142 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 38 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
Unless you have a skid pad handy you just gotta take your best guess and adjust using a pyrometer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Funny side track i had to share. Took my fiance' to the drag strip to let her race her mustang, and she was nervous about doing a burnout. She came back into the pits and when i was talking with her she says "this (the burnout) is so stressful, i wish there was somewhere you could go to like... practice it." Just kinda had to give her the blank stare face.
redneck4Christ likes this.
-Mustang 5.0 450 whp / 352 wtq
-Sold-

Current:
2012 Loaded Speed3 - Stock
2001 Miata - Basically stock

... Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-04-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-04-2016), torquemaniac (10-05-2016), WetzMS3 (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #1244

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,564 Times in 3,764 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ChaunceyM View Post
How much did you have to drop your tire pressures with the wider tires?
I do not go off of tire pressure, I use tire temps to dial in the car. I need to go back to my notes to see what tire pressures I ended up with but IIRC they were a little higher than what I was running before.

In progress....
build engine|EFR 7163|South Bend clutch
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (10-04-2016), torquemaniac (10-05-2016), WetzMS3 (10-04-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #1245

ChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm starting to wonder how that all plays together. Obviously tires have a temp range where the rubber compounds work best. But conversly, as the tire pressures go up, the contact patch with the track goes down. So it seems like it's a constant battle b/t temps and pressures to maximize grip. And even when I put wider tires on the car, unless I dial down the pressures my contact patch stays the same since the car's weight didn't change.
I'm sure this is nothing new to guys with more experience, but as I work my way up the ladder I'm learning all these "fun" nuances. Every time I figure one thing out I realize there's 3 more that I didn't even know I should be figuring out.
Code Monkey (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #1246

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm starting to wonder how that all plays together. Obviously tires have a temp range where the rubber compounds work best. But conversly, as the tire pressures go up, the contact patch with the track goes down. So it seems like it's a constant battle b/t temps and pressures to maximize grip. And even when I put wider tires on the car, unless I dial down the pressures my contact patch stays the same since the car's weight didn't change.
I'm sure this is nothing new to guys with more experience, but as I work my way up the ladder I'm learning all these "fun" nuances. Every time I figure one thing out I realize there's 3 more that I didn't even know I should be figuring out.
This is assuming 0 camber. If your car is rolling over onto the shoulder of the tire, then more pressure can actually increase your contact patch by adding sidewall stability.
-Sold-

Current:

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-06-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #1247

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

But conversly, as the tire pressures go up, the contact patch with the track goes down [...]
This is why you take tire temps. I do not even look at tire pressures, I only add or remove air as needed and the resulting tire pressures are a by-product of tire temps and how I feel the car is doing. For fastest laps, the goal is to get close to a perfect heating pattern on each tire. I always end up with different tire pressures on each tire after a weekend of road racing.

In progress....
Mauro_Penguin (10-06-2016), Mazdazilla6 (10-05-2016), Voltwings (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #1248

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

More track thoughs....

The weekend the motor blew, I had the guy who trained me to be an instructor drive the Racepig and give me feedback on the car setup. He said overall the car felt great and had only these minor suggestions:

o He felt the front of the car bouced too much when upset by curbing and recommended stiffening up the front, which I did right away. I was four clicks from full stiff, went back to one click from full stiff, and may go full stiff in the future.

o The brake pedal does not do anything the first half an inch or so of travel. This makes is impossible to heel and toe because once the brakes start working, the brake pedal is already below the gas pedal. He recommended adding some sort of spacer on top of the brake pedal. I will not be doing it now as I am going to have the firewall reinforced when we pull the engine hopefully this week and will see if this helps with the braking feel.

o He would go back to power steering as with power steering it is easier to drive the car through a corner, making small corrections mid corner. With manual steering you have to hit each corner perfectly, which I think is not a bad thing. But to drive the car closer to its limit, you need power steering. He admitted in the end it is a matter of preference though. I will be putting power steering back at some point, not sure how soon however.

o "Extra 100 hp would not hurt" As I said before I think a consistent 350-370 whp on this car would be a sweet spot.

Last weekend I was instructing and since I had no car to drive I was catching rides with other instructors. It was not until I got a ride in a K-swapped Miata when I realized that my Racepig was at least that much fun, if not more, to drive. I realized that the Racepig is getting a rebuilt engine no matter what and that she was only but halfway through her journey as a race car, the best is yet to come.

In progress....
ItsNox (10-06-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-06-2016), Mazdazilla6 (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #1249

Not Ranked  0 score     

The white miata behind where you were parked? I knew that engine didn't look right but i couldn't figure out why. I really wanted to go check it out, but we had to leave -_-. One of those would be sweet, 250 whp all motor on pump gas in ~2300 lbs.
-Sold-

Current:

The Following User Says Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #1250

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep, that Miata.

In progress....
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Voltwings (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #1251
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,344 Times in 5,725 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It was not until I got a ride in a K-swapped Miata when I realized that my Racepig was at least that much fun, if not more, to drive. I realized that the Racepig is getting a rebuilt engine no matter what and that she was only but halfway through her journey as a race car, the best is yet to come.
It's funny you say that. I've recently had a similar experience. New thread to come

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-06-2016), Mazdazilla6 (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #1252

RalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would vote returning to a PS setup. It reduces the long term fatigue and allows me to be more consistent for a longer period of time.

I can't imaging how much hustling is in involved in chucking a 3200+ 4WD pig around with 275 Hoosiers must be.

I want to be able to not have my arms fall off on the way back home from the track. Something about it being a safety issue
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RalliartRsX For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #1253

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,954 Times in 664 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
I would vote returning to a PS setup. It reduces the long term fatigue and allows me to be more consistent for a longer period of time.

I want to be able to not have my arms fall off on the way back home from the track. Something about it being a safety issue
You haven't seen @code_monkey;'s arms, have you?
Jakeypoo likes this.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016), Jakeypoo (10-06-2016), Voltwings (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #1254

RalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the worldRalliartRsX is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not sure I want to.....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RalliartRsX For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 07:08 PM   #1255

Not Ranked  0 score     

This is why you take tire temps. I do not even look at tire pressures, I only add or remove air as needed and the resulting tire pressures are a by-product of tire temps and how I feel the car is doing. For fastest laps, the goal is to get close to a perfect heating pattern on each tire. I always end up with different tire pressures on each tire after a weekend of road racing.
Thanks. So things are a bit simpler than I was expecting, but involves more...finesse. I actually think I remember you posting the inner-middle-outer temps for your tires after one of your events. I'll have to dig that out and re-read. And I'll have to start being a bit more anal about getting, and recording, those temps.
Code Monkey (10-05-2016)
 Old 10-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #1256

Not Ranked  0 score     

So i apologize for the thread jack, but apparently you cant send pics through PM (or i suck at finding it), so i'm posting my contribution to @Code Monkey;s build. Bought these 17 x 9 6 UL rims off of him when he made the jump to larger rims.

I ended up using a 5 mil spacer in the front (the 8 mil had a little poke and not enough threads on the studs) and got 7 full threads on there. I'd prefer closer to 8+ so i may end up buying some ARP studs. The rear fits with no spacer, but its very close to the strut, maybe half a finger width, so if i really load the sidewalls up it may rub. I'll probably order another 5 mil for the rear. The rear studs also seem to be shorter than the front.

The rims themselves are 9.5 lbs lighter than stock each, and even with adding more tire i ended up saving 2 lbs a corner. What's weird is picking both up you would swear it was substantially more than that.

Stock: 225 40 18 on 18 x 8
6UL: 255 40 17 on 17 x 9

Tire heights are the same between both rims, so it rides very nice, but is still super sharp and direct. That stock ride height tho...

/threadjack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ms3 6ul.jpg (128.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg ms3 6ul2.jpg (41.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg ms3 6ul3.jpg (99.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg ms3 6ul4.jpg (71.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg ms3 6ul5.jpg (125.2 KB, 43 views)
-Sold-

Current:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-12-2016), impossible (11-20-2016), Mauro_Penguin (10-12-2016), Mazdazilla6 (10-18-2016), zenit (10-12-2016)
 Old 10-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #1257

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ Now fix that wheel gap, lol.

In progress....
 Old 10-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #1258

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,635 Times in 1,416 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ Now fix that wheel gap, lol.
Fuck that. More gap is great for offroadimg.
MS3Shadow and David_Cudd like this.
3.5'' HTP + GFB BPV + CP-E TMIC + UR Catted DP + UR Resonated TP + JBR TMM/RMM + 51r Battery Tray + TWM Full Replacement + Autotechs + 3bar Map + Stratified EBCS + AP V3
Cheapspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-13-2016), MS3Shadow (10-13-2016)
 Old 11-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #1259

impossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 58 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wings and I were just talking about race car stuff and the failures of the HPFP fuel rail line last time he worked on my car and just found this so you were first person I thought of. This looks like a permanent solution to that cracking OEM hardline and with my BSD'd MS3 being daily driven I will be investing in this soon so my car doesn't burst in flames too lol. https://corksport.com/mazdaspeed-hig...action=preview

here's video of it too:
Code Monkey likes this.
GO: GTX2867R + Cp-e LTR Manifold + TiAL 44mm MVR EWG + Kozmic Dump Tube VTA'd / HTP 3.5" Intake / Cobb AP V2 / AT HPFP Internals / Treadstone TR8 FMIC / NGK Iridiums / Stratified EBCS / Bosch 3Bar MAP / M2 Catless 3" DP + HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
/ JBR 88a RMM, 80a PMM / TiAL QR BOV / Kozmic Primary EGR Delete + Kozmic Oil Feed & Return Lines
SHOW: Big TWM Type R knob / JBR Camber Arms / BC Racing BR Type Coilovers / MB Battles w/ 265/35/18 RS-R Meats / Stoptech Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Pads + SS Brake lines / Eonon D5151 Head Unit /
Cp-e Triple Gauge Pod / DG Motorsports CF Wing Extension
Tuned by Captain KR @ PD Tuning

2016 Current Setup: Cobb AP V3 / AT HPFP / TR8 FMIC / Coolant Bypass / lil JBR SRI & TIP / DM & JBR Trilogy Mounts / Stratified EBCS / M2 DP / NGK Iridium Plugs / GFB Respons BPV / DM EGR Delete / Kozmic Oil Feed / Pu Valve Cover + SP63 Breather + big K&N Vent filter / RP PCV Plate vented to Kozmic Catch Can / Whiteline 27mm RSB + Moog Endlinks / BSD & Baffle / Gino PNP Intake Mani + SURE TIGs + Corksport 3.5bar MAP & BeCuse Seals / Eonon GA5151F Android Head Unit / 2008+ RX8 Y-spoke wheels / Tuning in progress with 2.0t03speed (Ryan) @ PD Tuning
Parts to Install as of December 2016: FJ Turbo Kit w/ Underrouted hot pipe, T3 BW S360SX 60mm, TiAL MVR 44mm EWG VTA'd, JMF V1 Intake Manifold, Ramfab 4" Intake, Kozmic 6th Port Kit w/ 2200cc Injectors & Upgraded ITFP, Greddy Ti-C catback (Ricer rare special), ACT HD 6-Puck + Gen2 Transmission, TR1035 FMIC
impossible is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impossible For This Useful Post:
Alpha (12-03-2016), Code Monkey (11-21-2016)
 Old 11-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #1260

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,954 Times in 664 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Or put the bsd back in?

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (11-28-2016), Mauro_Penguin (11-21-2016)
 Old 11-21-2016, 07:07 AM   #1261

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck yeah, this line will be going on my build engine! Going BSD, windage tray, and oil temp and pressure gauges.

In progress....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
impossible (12-04-2016), Voltwings (11-26-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 07:27 PM   #1262

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by impossible View Post
Wings and I were just talking about race car stuff and the failures of the HPFP fuel rail line last time he worked on my car and just found this so you were first person I thought of. This looks like a permanent solution to that cracking OEM hardline and with my BSD'd MS3 being daily driven I will be investing in this soon so my car doesn't burst in flames too lol. https://corksport.com/mazdaspeed-hig...action=preview

here's video of it too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWEp40UbB0
Pros: This is freakin awesome... i may actually break down and buy one too.

Cons: Corksport makes it...

Fuck yeah, this line will be going on my build engine! Going BSD, windage tray, and oil temp and pressure gauges.
That's awesome, wasnt sure how quickly you were going to be progressing with your build since apparently there was a lot of money going into a kitchen or something haha.
-Sold-

Current:

Last edited by Voltwings; 11-26-2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Code Monkey (11-28-2016), impossible (11-26-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #1263

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,095 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Code Monkey; have you had any issues with fuel starvation on the track? I was on the track last weekend in my 6 and was getting fuel cut at slightly below 1/2 tank of gas. Filled up the next session and it went away.

Unfortunately, I don't have any logs of it happening, but the instructor riding along felt like it was fuel starvation.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //

Last edited by nindoja; 11-26-2016 at 08:53 PM.
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (11-28-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #1264

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nindoja View Post
@Code Monkey; have you had any issues with fuel starvation on the track? I was on the track last weekend and was getting fuel cut at slightly below 1/2 tank of gas. Filled up the next session and it went away.

Unfortunately, I don't have any logs of it happening, but the instructor riding along felt like it was fuel starvation.
Hard lefts? Hard rights? I dont want to step in when i know you asked someone else specifically, but i dont recall that issue in my Gen 2?
-Sold-

Current:

Code Monkey (11-28-2016), nindoja (11-26-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #1265

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Hard lefts? Hard rights? I dont want to step in when i know you asked someone else specifically, but i dont recall that issue in my Gen 2?
This is in my 6, which is why I asked him. I had it accelerating out of corners, both left and rights. The odd thing is it felt like a tune issue (or maybe high temp cuts), but went away when I filled the tank up.
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (11-28-2016), Voltwings (11-26-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #1266

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The random fuel pressure drops I reported several times in this thread were caused, I believe, by running below 1/2 tank. When I started refueling once the gas gauge dropped below 1/2 the misfires went away.

In progress....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (11-29-2016), nindoja (11-26-2016), Nliiitend1 (11-28-2016), phate (11-27-2016), Voltwings (11-26-2016), WetzMS3 (12-02-2016)
 Old 11-26-2016, 09:32 PM   #1267

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

wasnt sure how quickly you were going to be progressing with your build since apparently there was a lot of money going into a kitchen or something haha.
Just ordered all the parts I need for a rebuild, hopefully they will all arrive this week and @KotzurRacing; can start on the engine.

In progress....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
ItsNox (11-27-2016), Mauro_Penguin (11-29-2016), Voltwings (11-27-2016), WetzMS3 (12-02-2016)
 Old 12-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #1268

MSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the worldMSP611 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,487 Times in 583 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 29 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pros: This is freakin awesome... i may actually break down and buy one too.

Cons: Corksport makes it...

That's awesome, wasnt sure how quickly you were going to be progressing with your build since apparently there was a lot of money going into a kitchen or something haha.
What!?!?! I'm buying one right now. Good think I checked this bish for updates

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Engine: Built long block by Keefover. Keyed crank,keyed cams/VVT,Crower 65lb valve springs,Wiseco pistons,Manley H beam rods,AFI t3 stock location mani,Comp turbo CT4x 53-56,Kozmic 6th port PI with 2200cc bosch injectors,N2MB WOT box,Relentless ported intake mani,Kozmic oil feed line,Custom oil return line,Ramfab 3.5" intake,Ramfab alum. crash bar,Ramfab IC piping,TR10 IC,Saiko Michi and JBR dual custom catch can setup, Guardian angel v3 with 4bar map sensor,Dual Deatschwerks in-tank fuel hat with bigger pickup,-6an nylon braided fuel lines,Fuel labs FPR,SP63 3 port EBCS,Mishimoto oil cooler, HKS SSQV1,BSD,Autotech FP internals,CPE injector seals EGR delete,TB coolant bypass delete,M2 Ebay DP
Suspenion/Bracing: Sonic tuning CO's revalved by Feal Suspension, QA1 600lb rear springs, 750lb front Swift springs,AWR front and rear sway bar endlinks,Whiteline RSB,SPC front adjustable ball joints,GT spec ladder brace,SU rear interior brace,NRG harness bar.
Drivetrain:SS brake lines,SS clutch line,Carbotech ax6 F&R, Southbend STG 3 endurance clutch and flywheel,SU rear diff mount,SU front rear diff mount,SP63 TC caps,DSS rear axles,AWR Trilogy mounts 70A,Hubcentric centering rings,2" brake ducting F&R,TWM STS stg 1 with bushing kit
Interior:Redline custom shift boot,Redline custom steering wheel cover,Redline custom ebrake handle cover Bride Stradia V.2 rep seats,Corbeau seat brackets,JBR heavy shift knob,Custom LED gauge cluster,Custom Steering column dual gauge pod,AEM wideband failsafe,AEM oil pressure gauge,Schrothe Rallye 4 harnesses,Escort 9500ix with mirror mount and hard wired with external controller,DIY ipod adapter.
Exterior: STI front lip,Enkei PF01SS 17x9 +48 wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R's 245/45/17,Full clear bra,Muteki SR48 blue locking lug nuts,RHO side plate mount,Smoked side markers, Shark fin antenna
MSP611 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSP611 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (12-03-2016), Code Monkey (12-02-2016)
 Old 12-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #1269

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,408 Posts
Groaned at 108 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by impossible View Post

here's video of it too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWEp40UbB0
Anybody see it on the site yet? I can't seem to find it.
Code Monkey (12-04-2016)
 Old 12-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #1270

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Anybody see it on the site yet? I can't seem to find it.
I found a link on google but it went to a dead webpage.
-Sold-

Current:

Code Monkey (12-04-2016)
 Old 12-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #1271

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I found a link on google but it went to a dead webpage.
Same here... Oh Corksport
Code Monkey (12-04-2016)
 Old 12-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #1272
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,785 Posts
Groans: 240
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Same here... Oh Corksport
Call them up and ask what happened to it?

Sent from my Pixel XL
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3Shadow For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (12-04-2016)
 Old 12-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #1273

Not Ranked  0 score     

Probably already had QC issues...
Alpha and Mauro_Penguin like this.
-Sold-

Current:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
anavrinIV (12-04-2016), Code Monkey (12-04-2016), Mauro_Penguin (12-05-2016), WetzMS3 (12-05-2016)
 Old 12-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #1274

Not Ranked  0 score     

I managed to order one before the site was taken down. They called and told me it wasn't out yet. Awaiting parts and additional testing before release.

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (12-05-2016), Mauro_Penguin (12-06-2016), WetzMS3 (12-05-2016)
 Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #1275

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dropped off my spare long block yesterday at @KotzurRacing; the build is as follows:

Wiseco pistons, 0.020 over
Eagle H-Beam rods
Stage 3 motor build kit from Edge
Clevite H Series standard rod bearings
Clevite H Series standard main bearings
ARP main studs
ARP 2000 head studs
DCR VVT actuator
Crower 65lb valve springs
BSD & windage tray

Matt will do very mild porting on the head and weld two 10 or 12 AN fittings on the valve cover which will go to a vented catch can, no more oil in my intake, turbo, and intercooler piping.

I have a spare set of cleaned injectors and also got CorkSport injector seals and will be putting power steering back in.
Mauro_Penguin and ChaunceyM like this.

In progress....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (12-07-2016), Mazdazilla6 (12-08-2016), RalliartRsX (12-07-2016), Voltwings (12-07-2016), WetzMS3 (12-12-2016)
 Old 12-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #1276

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dropped off my spare long block yesterday at @KotzurRacing; the build is as follows:

Wiseco pistons, 0.020 over
Eagle H-Beam rods
Stage 3 motor build kit from Edge
Clevite H Series standard rod bearings
Clevite H Series standard main bearings
ARP main studs
ARP 2000 head studs
DCR VVT actuator
Crower 65lb valve springs
BSD & windage tray

Matt will do very mild porting on the head and weld two 10 or 12 AN fittings on the valve cover which will go to a vented catch can, no more oil in my intake, turbo, and intercooler piping.

I have a spare set of cleaned injectors and also got CorkSport injector seals and will be putting power steering back in.
You should look into WPC treatment for your frictional rotating parts. It's amazing stuff. My build had it on everything (Bearings, crank journals, pistons, etc) Very reasonable too!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Code Monkey (12-07-2016), RalliartRsX (12-07-2016)
 Old 12-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #1277

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Alpha;

High Pressure Fuel Line
Alpha likes this.
-Sold-

Current:

Code Monkey (12-08-2016)
 Old 12-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #1278

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks man!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 Old 12-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #1279

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,469 Times in 1,723 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why not stick with stock fasteners? It's pretty well proven you don't need main studs. And stock headstuds will hold a pretty good amount as well.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = EGR Delete - PS Cooler - RMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Bushings

2010 BMW 135i Crimson Red: Double the Turbos, Double the Fun
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (12-12-2016)
 Old 12-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #1280

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, the Clevite H-series main bearings are discontinued, Edge is shipping the King Tri-Metal bearings instead.

In progress....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (12-13-2016), Voltwings (12-12-2016)