register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree304Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #1321

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

That is going to be one sweet motor! That EFR kit is but only in my dreams. Cant wait to hear how it performs on the track. Are you going to run their horizontal intercooler?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #1322

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,750 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
That is going to be one sweet motor! That EFR kit is but only in my dreams. Cant wait to hear how it performs on the track. Are you going to run their horizontal intercooler?
No, I will be running my ETS intercooler that is converted to a FMIC.

1991 Miata
FCM coilovers|1.8/1.8S BBK|TRMotorsport C1M 15x7|Direzza ZII
Code Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Voltwings (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #1323

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
No, I will be running my ETS intercooler that is converted to a FMIC.
How crafty. What did it take to do that? Any pictures? I run an ETS TMIC as well. I work with fabricators at my job and would be interested in doing the same.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #1324

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
How crafty. What did it take to do that? Any pictures? I run an ETS TMIC as well. I work with fabricators at my job and would be interested in doing the same.
Start here and read the next several pages.

1991 Miata
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #1325

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,393 Times in 1,696 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Borg Warner ftmfw!

Also get some cams if you're gonna rev higher.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = EGR Delete - PS Cooler - RMM
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035

2010 BMW 135i Crimson Red: Double the Turbos, Double the Fun
Mazdazilla6 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #1326

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,408 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 108 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, that escalated quickly.....

Complete EFR 7163 FullRace kit sans the FMIC, with 2000* coating on turbo hotside, EM, and DP.
Hell yeah!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
David_Cudd likes this.
Code Monkey (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #1327

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sold the yellow Miata last Saturday and picked this up today for dd duties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170111_171339.jpg (2.35 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170111_171419.jpg (2.53 MB, 30 views)
Nliiitend1 and David_Cudd like this.

1991 Miata
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (01-14-2017), KiwiFlavor (01-14-2017), Mazdazilla6 (01-11-2017), Nliiitend1 (01-13-2017), TiGraySpeed6 (01-14-2017), Vansquish (01-14-2017)
 Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #1328

Omega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the worldOmega is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

7163, can't wait till I can go that route, you sir are my hero lol
Alpha likes this.

Corksport Intake/TIP - Test Pipe - CS FMIC - Freektune - Autotech HPFP - 18x8 Wheels with Nitto NT05's 235/40/18 - H&R Coilovers - SPC Balljoints - CS RMM - Magnaflow CBE - DM Power Steering Cooler - CAR LED Tails - EBC Yellowstuff w/ Centric Blanks - Xcarlink w/ Bluetooth Module

Waiting to be installed: Diff Braces - TMM Insert
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Omega For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-11-2017)
 Old 01-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #1329

David_Cudd has a spectacular aura aboutDavid_Cudd has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much power are you looking to get out of that turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David_Cudd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David_Cudd For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-14-2017)
 Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #1330

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,167 Times in 692 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dat baller status doe...

Someday, someday I'll have an M3

JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v2 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front)
KiwiFlavor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiFlavor For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-14-2017)
 Old 01-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #1331

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by David_Cudd View Post
How much power are you looking to get out of that turbo?
Most likely no more than 350-370 whp/wtq. There is a sweet power spot for every car and I think this is the one for the speed6 for road racing.

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
Dat baller status doe...
My gf and I are in love with this fucking car. Every 30 seconds driving we look at each other and grin like idiots. The handling, the power, the exhaust note, seating position, everything is just perfect. The clutch is 2 years old and feels like a race clutch, very abrupt engagement. We know we will put a shitload of money in this car over time but we do not care.
David_Cudd likes this.

1991 Miata
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (01-14-2017), KiwiFlavor (01-14-2017), Nliiitend1 (01-16-2017), TiGraySpeed6 (01-14-2017)
 Old 01-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #1332

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,726 Times in 2,270 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For sure there's something to be said for the BMW...

Pleased with mine- It's putting down the same daily driver map power as the speed6 with just a map flash, but it's oh so much more comfy I can only imagine what the M5 must be like- it's a bad ass for sure
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a 2009 BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 / Steptronic w/ Alpina B3 flash / Berk Street exhaust / MHD 1+
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-14-2017)
 Old 01-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #1333
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,675 Times in 4,607 Posts
Groans: 2,962
Groaned at 94 Times in 82 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did a BSD so the oil pan will now hold 7 qt of oil, just this should make the oil run a bit cooler. Will be installing oil pressure and oil temp gauges and go from there.

I dont think thats how it works. The balance shaft hold oil in the block that is why the oil looms dirty five miles after an oil change 1 quart of dirty mixed with 6 quarts of clean looks like you didnt change it. Cheapest way to lower oil temps is to increase the oil weight. For your use you could probably run like 20w-50 or straight 50.

Most likely no more than 350-370 whp/wtq. There is a sweet power spot for every car and I think this is the one for the speed6 for road racing.

My gf and I are in love with this fucking car. Every 30 seconds driving we look at each other and grin like idiots. The handling, the power, the exhaust note, seating position, everything is just perfect. The clutch is 2 years old and feels like a race clutch, very abrupt engagement. We know we will put a shitload of money in this car over time but we do not care.
*fiance

Nice buy, i never allow myself to look for one as i know i would have to buy it. Imo the perfect all around car. And best looking bmw sedan.
Code Monkey and Mauro_Penguin like this.

I hugged rfinkle2

Last edited by Easter Bunny; 01-14-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-14-2017), KiwiFlavor (01-15-2017), Mauro_Penguin (01-15-2017), MS3Shadow (01-14-2017)