register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree320Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #281
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,682 Times in 4,610 Posts
Groans: 2,964
Groaned at 94 Times in 82 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have ducting for your brakes. I don't think so but I'm a little hazy. If not why not do that first. Have you actually overheated the brakes or are you just looking for a wider selection of pads?

I hugged rfinkle2
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-17-2014), ItsNox (06-18-2014)
 Old 06-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #282

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,643 Times in 3,792 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
Do you have ducting for your brakes. I don't think so but I'm a little hazy. If not why not do that first. Have you actually overheated the brakes or are you just looking for a wider selection of pads?
A wider selection of pads would be welcome. I boil braking fluid on a regular basis too. I am looking at the ducting and flanges right now, the front will have to come off for the radiator swap so why not kill two birds with one stone.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
ItsNox (06-18-2014)
 Old 06-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #283
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I assume you are smart enough to be using appropriate brake fluid for the temps. @phate; knows of a company that will put any material they make on any backing they have should allow you to have any pad you want. I think it is time to go even more race car and start addressing the heat management. Ie getting the heat out of the engine compartment through vents on either the fenders or the hood.

Time to start browsing the do it yourself section at autozone and stocking up on sawzall blades.

Heat extractors will also reduce aerodynamic lift on the front to a degree.

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-17-2014), ItsNox (06-18-2014), Micha (07-03-2014), phate (06-17-2014)
 Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #284

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It is Porterfield phate was talking about. I switched to Castrol SRF a couple months ago but have not been able to do a thorough evaluation due to the car misfiring. Now with the misfires fixed and the summer around the corner I will see how the new brake fluid fares. I really wish someone would come up with a brake proportioning valve for the ms6 and a front and rear bbk.

Believe it or not but I have been reading about venting, heat extraction, and cooling for the last few days. Ron Davis folks have a universal water oil cooler that hooks up between the water pump and radiator and obviously uses the coolant to cool the engine oil, this is supposedly the way to go now rather that air cooling. I need an oil temp gauge first though.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
ItsNox (06-18-2014), phate (06-17-2014)
 Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #285
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know what the six looks like behind the bumper but I personally would want a separate oil cooler. If you have space to put the heat exchanger somewhere it would be better than adding additional load to the radiator.

I expect the holes in your fenders to be appropriately sized like so.

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following User Says Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-17-2014)
 Old 06-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #286

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a shitload of space in the fenders on either side + with the removed condenser the radiator is exposed directly to air. The plan is to install the racing radiator first and see what coolant temps I hit at the track, then add an oil cooler.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
 Old 06-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #287

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,241 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dunno if you are aware, but there is already a oil to water oil cooler on the car. The i-moto guys never did anything but upgrade the radiator and claimed the oil temperatures were acceptable. For stock turbo folk I would say that the stock one should be fine for 20 minute sessions. @Tomas; was successful with just brake ducting to help keep the fluid from boiling. I assume you are already flushing before every track event as well. BBKs are more about increasing the number of cylinders thus getting more even pad wear, reducing knock back, and better modulation at the limit. If its just temperatures you can address it much easier with ducting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
cocoanton (06-18-2014), Code Monkey (06-18-2014), Easter Bunny (06-19-2014), ItsNox (06-18-2014), phate (06-18-2014), Tomas (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #288
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,741 Times in 2,625 Posts
Groans: 1,732
Groaned at 43 Times in 24 Posts

How are you planning on running the brake ducting? I'd be very curious to see your routing when you're done.

I've contemplated doing something like this down the road myself. Specifically, my plan was to open up the bottom portion of the fog light shroud and route the ducting through that. If, after some track time, that doesn't prove to be enough cooling you could always relocate the fog lights into the main headlamp unit by swapping out the blank spot in the housing for a the fog light (as with the 1st gen MZ6).

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-18-2014), ItsNox (06-18-2014)
 Old 06-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #289

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
I dunno if you are aware, but there is already a oil to water oil cooler on the car. .... Tomas was successful with just brake ducting to help keep the fluid from boiling.
Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
How are you planning on running the brake ducting? I'd be very curious to see your routing when you're done.
I have a feeling I will stick with the stock brakes and run brake ducts first. Fog lights routing is one way to go, I have some other ideas as well but need to get the coilovers installed first and see how much space I have.

I searched the forum yesterday for oil temps and cooling ideas and it does look like the stock system may be sufficient. I really need to install an oil temp gauge first and see where I am at. In the future I plan a GTX3071 running probably about 350-370 whp, I think this will be a sweet power spot for road racing. I have no idea at this point if the stock oil cooler will be enough for that power level at the track but it may be given I will be running a racing radiator.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
 Old 06-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #290

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,241 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On the BNR at 330whp I was on the edge of what I would consider acceptable with the stock oil cooler and radiator. Oil temps were hitting 260f and climbing at the 20" mark on a 90f day, but coolant temperatures were also 212-220 so with an upgraded radiator it may resolve the oil temperatures as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Code Monkey likes this.
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-18-2014), Easter Bunny (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #291
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,016 Times in 2,280 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 33 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On the 3,
Installed oil cooler first then Koyo rad. Oil cooler lowered oil temps. Koyo rad did not. Oil cooler not big enough to run less than 260F after 30 mins.
Like Ziggo said stock brakes are just as good as BBK for track use. I have a Stoptech BBK and braking distance is not reduced compared to stock. They just weigh less and better wear pattern on the pads that's about it. Modulation worse than stock. They area bit more touchey. IMO too touchey.

On the 6.
Oil cooler installed. Even bigger than the one on the 3. No results yet.
Bigger stock rad than the MS3 so upgrade may not be needed till you go up there in power. I have a Ron Davis rad on order anyway but may not be needed.
Brake ducts not easily routed as in the 3.
Bigger power steering cooler definetly needed no matter what power level you have. Stock is not even close to sufficient.
Ziggo and ItsNox like this.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-19-2014), Easter Bunny (06-20-2014), ItsNox (06-19-2014), phate (06-19-2014), Ziggo (06-19-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #292
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
IMO too touchey.
since *when was there such a thing as too touchy?

Edit *when

oh we arent talking about dicks, carry on.

I hugged rfinkle2

Last edited by Easter Bunny; 06-20-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Code Monkey (06-20-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #293

BLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the worldBLKSTIG is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

since [when] was there such a thing as too touchy?

fixed
'06 Mazdaspeed 6|| Cobb SF & AP Stage 1 | RPM Street Springs | SPC Ball Joints | SU Rear MM | SURE Dread | Whiteline RSB |18x8 Enkei EKM3 w/ 225/40 | JBR SSP & SURE Anchors | Rotora Blanks w/ EBC Red Stuff | 6K HID lights/blown fog | V2 Pre-amp |
BLKSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #294
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Easter Bunny; I wanna play doctor with you.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (06-20-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #295
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
@Easter Bunny; I wanna play doctor with you.
I'll be in duck nc the week of July fourth. It's kinda halfway. I'll buy a banana hammock just to wear walking on the beach holding hands with you.

Originally Posted by BLKSTIG View Post
fixed
Edited thanks.

I hugged rfinkle2

Last edited by Easter Bunny; 06-20-2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Tomas (06-20-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #296
Bob Ross Fanclub

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry. Not good enough. You must wear a mankini

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (06-21-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #297

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys are lame, enough of this gay shit, this is a proper outfit for a nator night out.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg natorwear.jpg (77.6 KB, 258 views)
Tomas likes this.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
Easter Bunny (06-21-2014), Tomas (06-20-2014)
 Old 06-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #298
Bob Ross Fanclub

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah may be. But it's not as classy as this one.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-20-2014), Easter Bunny (06-21-2014)
 Old 06-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #299
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry guys but my balls won't come close to fitting in those.

I hugged rfinkle2
 Old 06-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #300

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Went to the track today, hot as balls, with the misfires gone I hit a personal worst of 215 F BATs. About 5% of the time in one session the BATs were above 200 F.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf session4.pdf (32.3 KB, 35 views)

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
 Old 06-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #301

SpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond reputeSpICeZ has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ACK!!! Thats scary shit.

I just got a Devils Own kit from Edge Autosport, hoping it does the trick at keeping my BATs down on the track. Will let you know how it ends up. Should install it next week with my Damond Motorsports PS cooler kit.

Car is currently sitting at mechanics having my PTU changed (it went caput). Have one bolt, the top one close to the downpipe that just WONT comme out Gonna have to drop the whole tranny Monday.

Going to see what kind of clutch is in there at the same time... just might wait a few more days and slap in a new clutch if needed... and maybe a flywheel if I can scrounge up the cash.
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 - CP-E CAI, CS Internals, Cobb AP (Custom 91 tune, 19psi), Test pipe, JBR RMM, Sure Juggernaught, H&R Coilovers, JBR SSP & Bushings, 17x8 w/235-45-17 tires (Hankook RS-3), Hawk HP+ pads all around, DBA 4000 discs,
SpICeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpICeZ For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-21-2014)
 Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #302
Bob Ross Fanclub

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude. That's a flame thrower. Get meth. Or at least just spray distilled water with a D03 nozzle.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-22-2014), ItsNox (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #303
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Put a fucking hood scoop on it already.

I hugged rfinkle2
Code Monkey (06-22-2014), ItsNox (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #304

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had another good day at the track. Decided to run a 17 psi boost tune to lower the BATs and they stayed within acceptable range, mostly 175-185 with some spikes over 190, virtually zero KR on all the sessions today and yesterday.

@EyeKon; here's my 2nd session times from today:

Code:
2:06.982
2:05.788
2:06.424
2:08.064
2:09.692
2:06.748
2:06.747
After that session I noticed the front passenger tire was chunked, FML, had to run home and swap the wheels, I did the last two sessions on the old RS3's and I think they are about done too. The front brake pads are gone too. @phate; what would you recommend for me to try, so far I have been using Carbotech XP10 or XP12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_4888.JPG (925.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_4889.JPG (921.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_4890.JPG (921.3 KB, 25 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf session2.pdf (27.7 KB, 21 views)

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
ItsNox (07-03-2014), phate (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #305
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

tire overheated?

I hugged rfinkle2
 Old 06-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #306
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,369 Times in 5,737 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If those CarboTech compound are working well for you, I'd stick with them. Do they ever fade?

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #307
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've only seem tires chunk like that on severely camber limited cars with lots of body roll. The old Z1SS were kinda known for doing it. Have you checked the alignment recently?

We don't get tires hot for as long as you would on a road course, so heat could definitely be a factor also.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
 Old 06-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #308

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

tire overheated?

Originally Posted by phate View Post
I've only seem tires chunk like that on severely camber limited cars with lots of body roll. The old Z1SS were kinda known for doing it. Have you checked the alignment recently?
No idea, it could be a combination of heat, misalignment, running over rumble strips (which I did a quite a lot). I doubt if this is tire pressure related, if anything I was running a bit underinflated but only 1-2 psi under.

If those CarboTech compound are working well for you, I'd stick with them. Do they ever fade?
I am pretty happy with Carbotechs but why not try something new for a change. A while ago I emailed the i-Moto folks about the Cobalt friction pads they use on their Mazdaspeed3 racecar, I think they would fit, I just have to brake off some metal bracket on front or rear pad, don't remember. I do get a vague feeling from my brakes once in a while, I used to boil the Motul quite often, now that I am on Castrol SRF and the pedal is not squishy it is probably some brake fade.

I have no idea if I can just disconnect the ABS without fucking anything else up? Every single time I go over a bump in a track I have to wait for the car to settle, otherwise the ABS kicks in, the brake pedal goes stiff, and I am shitting bricks.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
phate (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #309
Eth Fiend

Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck yes, pull the fuse. No ABS is awesome once you get used to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #310

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck yes, pull the fuse. No ABS is awesome once you get used to it.
That's it? Just pull the fuse? Will it affect anything else?

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
phate (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #311
Eth Fiend

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've only noticed weirdness at the drag strip one time, but it may have been completely unrelated. It's never happened since. Felt like a speed limiter at the top of 4th going through the lights. I've gone well over that rpm and speed since with no issue. Definitely worth a shot since it takes ~10 seconds to undo.

The Following User Says Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #312

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet, definitely doing it.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
phate (06-22-2014)
 Old 06-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #313

6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 16 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Code Monkey;
I couldn't sleep last night so I read this thread on my phone from back to front around 4a. How did you install your aftermarket seat? Every one says just fab up seat brackets - so how did you do it? I spent 90 minutes on track last week and had to visit the chiropractor 3x to feel normal again. My stock seat is like mashed potatoes. I don't have funds to go sparco etc right now but I like to hear your process.

NJSpeed P&P IM, KMD internals, SU TMIC, BNR STG 1, Sure V1 Aeros, Cobb TIP, Turbosmart BOV, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Trilogy, Jugg & Dread, Corksport Strut tower brace & rear seat brace, Tein Super Street C/Os
18x8 OZ Ultraleggeras, 225/45/18 Dunlop SportMaxx,
17x8 Enkei SC03, 235/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzaks,
Evo Brembo mod, StopTech rotors, Techna-Fit S/S brakelines, StopTech & EBC Greenstuff pads
The Mad Scientist Tunings
6ixof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #314

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 6ixof1 View Post
@Code Monkey;
I couldn't sleep last night so I read this thread on my phone from back to front around 4a. How did you install your aftermarket seat? Every one says just fab up seat brackets - so how did you do it? I spent 90 minutes on track last week and had to visit the chiropractor 3x to feel normal again. My stock seat is like mashed potatoes. I don't have funds to go sparco etc right now but I like to hear your process.
Have you read through my roll cage build thread? See posts 53 and 56 and let me know if you have any questions.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
 Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 AM   #315
Bob Ross Fanclub

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 6ixof1 View Post
@Code Monkey;
I have a corbeau seat bracket for the MS6 I bought from a member here if you are ever interested.
I actually find the stock MS6 seat quite comfortable and supportive. Better than the MS3.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #316

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

All right, fucking suspension is finally finished.

Next mod is a Ron Davis racing radiator which should be shipping around August 1.

I am still going back and forth like a fucking pansy on the BSD issue, it may be ok do to on street cars, not sure about a road racing car with a raised redline. I really want to install a mechanical oil temp gauge but I need to tap the oil pan for that and if the oil pan comes off it would be a sin not to do a BSD and install a windage tray, decisions, decisions....

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
ItsNox (07-03-2014)
 Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #317
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Balance shafts are for comfort

I hugged rfinkle2
Code Monkey (07-03-2014), ItsNox (07-03-2014)
 Old 07-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #318

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,824 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is the Ron Davis radiator the one that AWR offers?

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #319

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Is the Ron Davis radiator the one that AWR offers?
Yes, but AWR do not offer it anymore + their customer service sucks dick. Called Ron Davis Racing Products and got it handled right away. If you want one, wait until I get mine just in case there are fitment problems etc -- it is supposed to be a drop-in solution but we know how this usually goes....
Mazdazilla6 likes this.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (07-04-2014), ItsNox (07-04-2014), Lewis7789 (07-17-2014), Mazdazilla6 (07-03-2014)
 Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #320

lilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,690 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Take this for what it's worth but I could have sworn I saw someone say they did oil temp gauge with the low oil sensor? Half asleep and dumb here but if I find it I'll share.
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR tigs/ egr delete/ coolant bypass
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe
Turbosmart BPV (stocker currently on)
SS lines/super blue/stoptech pads

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
I've heard that modding MAZDASPEEDs is an STD...
lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilred For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-12-2014)