register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mituc

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #1

Mazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default The new Mazda 6 turbo

So what's the thoughts on this thing? Looks quite large, to the point it's going to be as heavy as an AWD but without it. Lol, I am curious tho, it's using a 2.0 block I believe and it's got 310 ft pds of torque, are we going to see any deja Vu as far rod issues because of high torque at low-end. Hopefully Mazda will have fixed their tuning issues, and made a stouter bottom end. I do hope one thing for sure, that some how, some way, they find it in their hearts to stick a 6 spd in it, particularly in a sport trim that also has an AWD drivetrain underneath it and maybe tweak the body components just a tad for the people that have waited and missed o so much the speeds of the past. I dunno maybe I am wrong, maybe nothing they do can fix the mistake of leaving the speed style, I know they have to grow and change some, but by totally dropping the mazda speed line they cut out and almost purposely left those customers that loved their zoom zoom line out to dry. What does everyone think? Am I a dumbass?
ATP catted downpipe w/ second cat delete*
Corksport HPFP internals*
Corksport BeCuse injector seals*
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport 3.5 Bar MAP sensor*
Corksport EBCS*
Treadstone Tr8 w/ RPM CX racing piping kit*
Suspension: Corksport Lowering Springs
Brakes: Still stock
Driveline: Sure Motorsports R6*
Sure Motorsports Juggernaut*
Sure Motorsports Dreadnaught*
Sure Motorsports shifter bushings*
Corksport weighted Black shift knob
Electronics: Cobb Accessport V3 w/ tune by Will at PD tuning*Purple Drank Tuning*
Mazduhspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #2

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 156
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dumbass? Why?

I don't see Mazda bringing back the speed line in the 3 or 6. Much less AWD. Pipe dream. And besides, I'd rather have a Kia Stinger!

I do however predict some version of the old RX8 might make a comeback? Look at the BRZ, Toyota 86/Supra, etc. movement. Seems quite popular. Hopefully Mazda does something more for performance cars besides the anemic tiny MX5.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,098 Times in 1,210 Posts
Groans: 110
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

With the new design lines Mazda came to sell a lot of cars. They sell so many cars that they don't have time to develop not to say produce interesting family cars. The most interesting car they sell now may be the miata which has no turbo, so basically no interesting family car like the 6MPS or 3MPS (mazdaspeed6 or mazdaspeed3).

So these days if you want to get an interesting family car you need to look at massmurderwagen, FAILlord, honda, and so on, even phoken Kia or Hyundai have interesting family cars (stinger 2.0t or the V6 turbo, the I30N, and so on).

So this lame attempt to get back in the game by finally adding the CX9 engine into a 6 chassis is just lame. No AWD so nothing to resemble with the mazdaspeed6, the 6 is long and heavy so doesn't have anything in common with the speed3 either, it's just going to be a heavy lame 6 with more poke when overtaking or when merging lanes on the HW and some cockless dickhead driving some sorryass bmw 320i with manual AC wants to show you a picture with his subaru wrx owner friend's dick through the side window.

So no. Mazda FAILed.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (02-13-2018), Thor Hammer (02-13-2018)
 Old 02-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #4

Mazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to allMazduhspeed6 is a name known to all
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had my eye on the stinger from when I first saw updates on it back over a year or so ago in motor trend mag. Just alil upset, what happened to saving the stick. And I don't recall if the awd is available in the twin turbo 6 model.
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*
Electronics: Cobb Accessport V3 w/ tune by Will at PD tuning*Purple Drank Tuning*
 Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not so negative, if you go back into the 80s, we had 7.4L engine with 250hp. That was a very awful decade for car lover. Today we can get that, out of an half size engine or a 2.0T from factory.
Nice cars came back on the 90s but than, vegan and the freak out of global warming slow things down. Peoples seem to start to think by themselves again and powerfull car want's to come back again from many brands...Americans made SC V8 to get close to 1k hp with a warranty, even Hyndai....Even Honda switched peaky engine into torquey ones.....
Just give Mazda a bit of time....They just need to figure out how to fit the 2.5T engine with the cx5 drivetrain on a lowered body...
Even Toyota need to come back with something like the Supra....there is rumors...

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No the Supra is back with a bmw drivetrain, it's made under a variance of the z4. The biggest load of bullshit is that the BMW z4 will have a choice of a manual, but the yota Supra will be an auto. Supposedly its going to marketed under gazoo racing, and it will have 4 level trims, but what is for sure from motor trend and the Geneva auto show is that the Supra will be automatic and the numbers aren't very impressive either.
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*
 Old 02-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree mituc no awd, heavy, I feel like it was an attempt at bringing back the people they shunned when they dropped the speed line...and a horrible one at that
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*
 Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I feel like they shat on their own name...if you wanna be straight across the board with it, yoda did too with this bmw/Yoda Supra discombobulation. It doesn't even have a Yoda inline six, I mean the original what 2gjze or whatever was all but bullet proof up to 1k hp with some simple modifications. Why wouldn't they have taken a motor they knew was amazing did some updating to make it slightly more eco friendly alittle stronger if that's possible and use their own shit. But instead they take a bmw inline 6 which don't get me wrong they have made some amazing inline 6 motors. But I thought this was supposed to be a Yoda supra, harkening back to the 90s that's what they tried to portray with the body all but. It seems like alot of car companies are coming into the let's shit on our hp/car with nice lines to make it more fruity and tree hugging or whatever makes the CEOs and chairman's more money and a nicer yacht...I want my good ol'turbo motors back, no matter the company, I want them all back, Honda and ford are the only ones that came out with something that was better then their recent mistakes. The 4b11 lancer, would much rather have the 4g63t, the new subie motors I would much rather have like ej22t or something along those lines, I'm not as familiar with the subie line. But I mean seriously fuck man.
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*