register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pu Manchu

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

mazdafanboy3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Passenger or Transmission mount first?

So ive been looking at different Motors mounts and ive come to except that the vibrations are going to be rough and what not but i dont have the funds to buy both transmission and passenger mount.
If you had to decide which one to get first or see the most improvement from just 1 mount which would you choose?

PS. i already have the rear motor mount.

Last edited by mazdafanboy3; 09-19-2017 at 07:28 PM.
mazdafanboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,066 Times in 1,713 Posts
Groans: 520
Groaned at 169 Times in 106 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

since you want your grundle massaged, passenger.
Db09ms3 and danb like this.
mazdafanboy3 (09-19-2017)
 Old 09-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #3

mazdafanboy3 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
since you want your grundle massaged, passenger.
Sooooooo most improvement from the passenger mount? plus a good massage?
mazdafanboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #4

Smallville has a spectacular aura aboutSmallville has a spectacular aura about
Neutral  +1 score     

I can't comment on which is better performance wise but my thinking is to replace the passenger mount first since those fail a lot more often than the transmission mount. My pmm blew and puked brown hydralic fluid all over my engine bay.

As for increased vibrations, search the forums for reviews. After reading I decided to go with Damond's pmm. It costs more than others but people says it has the least increase in vibrations. I haven't installed it yet so I can't comment on my experience.
Smallville is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smallville For This Useful Post:
mazdafanboy3 (09-25-2017)
 Old 09-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #5

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 66
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

The TMM is directly next to the shifter cables so doing that first makes shifting nicer. Also it makes the tranny more auditable. The PMM is a lot easier to install and the vibes make my mangina all wet and sticky.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1// Air Lift 1000 in rear
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
mazdafanboy3 (09-25-2017)
 Old 09-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #6

KamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of lightKamloopsDan is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have been running a JBR rear mount for the last 2 years or so, the vibe increase was very noticeable.

Recently I installed a Damon PMM and the vibes increased even more. I now have pieces of foam hidden around the centre console to stop the annoying rattles.

God knows what it is like running all three mounts.
KamloopsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #7

AveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant future
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

By a used low mile PMM off of somebody/or salvage yard if you really feel the need to replace the PMM. You should only replace it with aftermarket (something not made out of rubber) if you seriously track the car or drive it really hard often. Basically, replace TMM first. After that you probably will be on the threshold of vibes and noise, especially since you already have a RMM.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #8

E.Murray is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AveryPlaysBass View Post
By a used low mile PMM off of somebody/or salvage yard if you really feel the need to replace the PMM. You should only replace it with aftermarket (something not made out of rubber) if you seriously track the car or drive it really hard often. Basically, replace TMM first. After that you probably will be on the threshold of vibes and noise, especially since you already have a RMM.
I have no plans to track the car. I'm putting in a motor (with 135k on the car). Am I better off to keep my original mounts?
E.Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #9

Db09ms3 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Depends on what you plan to do with the car I guess. I too heard good things about the Damond PMM. I worry about vibes a wee bit. So, I chose the OEM used route myself. Just for now anyways.
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #10

AveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant future
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Go with a Damond Trans mount first and keep or purchase an OEM passenger mount to see how you like the vibes. The passenger mount will make the most difference when it comes to NVH. Thats what i plan on doing, although if i can't sell this CPE passenger mount I'm just going to put it on my car, seeing as though apparently its really not that much different than a stock mount and less harsh than the JBR and even the Damond.

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #11

E.Murray is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AveryPlaysBass View Post
Go with a Damond Trans mount first and keep or purchase an OEM passenger mount to see how you like the vibes. The passenger mount will make the most difference when it comes to NVH. Thats what i plan on doing, although if i can't sell this CPE passenger mount I'm just going to put it on my car, seeing as though apparently its really not that much different than a stock mount and less harsh than the JBR and even the Damond.
Good stuff. Thanks. It looks like the passenger mount isn't a nightmare to change, so I think I'll go with your plan. If I want to upgrade it at some point, I can.
E.Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #12

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My set up is CS RMM and MD TMM and PMM. NVH is minimal. At a stop there’s minimal rattle, and the only time the mirrors shake (minimally) is on first acceleration from a stop. Is it harsher then stock? Yes. But it’s not the horror show that everyone makes it out to be. You have a sports car. Enjoy the feed back that the Damond mounts provide

Sent while probably pooping
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote