register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By monkey.bones.007
  • 1 Post By PapaBruno

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #1

HmoobBoi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Possible to spray paint silicone hoses?

Sorry if I started another thread but can't seem to find anything on possible spray painting silicone hoses so here goes.

I'm ordering some black silicone hoses for the turbo intercooler since they only offer in (Black, Red or Blue) and was thinking, would it be possible to spray paint the silicone hoses to another color? Or do two coats of high heat temp primer first then follow by the color I'm going to spray paint it to? Any ideas or suggestions would be good. Thanks and sorry if I sound like an idiot.
HmoobBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #2

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm going to say no. They flex and the paint will likely crack and flake off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
PapaBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PapaBruno View Post
I'm going to say no. They flex and the paint will likely crack and flake off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Okay thanks a lot for the reply..ill look for other ways if only possible.
 Old 08-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #4

PapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the worldPapaBruno is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe check out Mishimoto:
https://www.mishimoto.com/race/race-...lt-clamps.html
They have black, blue, red, green, purple, and white couplers.
JBR 88 Durometer RMM, Autotech HPFP Internals, COBB Accessport V3, CS Hood Strut Kit, CS Underhood LED Kit, CS Eyelids (painted), BFG CS2s with JBR 5mm spacers, Password JDM Gurney Flap, FREEKTUNE e-Tune, Full Race FMIC, RZO RA138 Shift Knob, RZO 270mm Convex Rear View Mirror, Rally Armor Limited Ed. Flaps, JBR Stage 2 Short Shifter, NGK One Step Colder Plugs, Ultimate Racing: V3 Down Pipe (w/ Metal Substrate Core), Straight Test Pipe, and CBE, Go Fast Bits Respons TMS Blowoff Valve, CS Injector Seals, DM Stage 1 OCC + VTA, DM EGR Delete Kit, DM PMM, HTP 3.5" Intake, BNR S4, Grimmspeed EBCS, CS 3.5 Bar MAP, Prosport 52"mm Premium Evo Boost Gauge, RZO RP81 and RP85 Sports Competition Pedals
 Old 08-09-2017, 04:37 PM   #5

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There are additives for paint to allow flexing. I want to say there is a "flex agent" added to paint prior to spraying bumpers and such.

How well does plasti-dip hold up to heat? It will handle the flex no problem.
eBay Stage 1 OCC, DM RMM & Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, SRI, TBE, 20psi, OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (265hp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
There are additives for paint to allow flexing. I want to say there is a "flex agent" added to paint prior to spraying bumpers and such.

How well does plasti-dip hold up to heat? It will handle the flex no problem.
Possibly, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to test that out dealing with engine bay temps. Also, OP, you can try plasti-dip: https://www.reddit.com/r/plastidip/c...eat_resistant/

I still feel that buying colored silicone couplers is still your best and safest bet though.
I may even opt for going with the purple couplers from Mishimoto they look pretty sexy. :3
 Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Possibly, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to test that out dealing with engine bay temps. Also, OP, you can try plasti-dip: https://www.reddit.com/r/plastidip/c...eat_resistant/

I still feel that buying colored silicone couplers is still your best and safest bet though.
I may even opt for going with the purple couplers from Mishimoto they look pretty sexy. :3
So plasti-dip is about that the only way to go for changing silicone colors, since spray painting will just fade and fall apart taking the parts off and on.??
 Old 08-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #8

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,441 Times in 1,929 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HmoobBoi View Post
So plasti-dip is about that the only way to go for changing silicone colors, since spray painting will just fade and fall apart taking the parts off and on.??
Have you ever tried og mudbone paint?

crapatalk it sucks for free
monkey.bones.007 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
cyclist20 (08-10-2017)
 Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
Have you ever tried og mudbone paint?

I was going to say that I'd never heard of that before, and decided to look it up. I regret that decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to PapaBruno For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (08-10-2017)
 Old 08-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #10

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,441 Times in 1,929 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was going to say that I'd never heard of that before, and decided to look it up. I regret that decision.
You're welcome and hopefully you weren't at work.

PapaBruno likes this.
monkey.bones.007 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
cyclist20 (08-10-2017)
 Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
You're welcome and hopefully you weren't at work.

Yeah, I was at work, but work remotely so no biggie.
monkey.bones.007 likes this.