register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,143 Posts
Groans: 433
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rock Auto - What doesn't fit??

Let this be the beginning.

I have 2 so far that I need to add. Potentially a third.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimmike For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (09-17-2012)
 Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #2

cnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

AC compressor didn't fit
cnyms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #3

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have found a few times where parts listed for my Speed6 is wrong on Rock Auto because for some dumb reason, a lot of parts were listed to work with 2.3L motor and Mazdaspeed MZR even though this isn't right. I mean, the parts sort of fit, but they are different enough to be a PITA; In other words, the part will fit and not leave you stranded, but its just different enough to cause the OCD in you to flare up. A lot of part manufacturers must have assumed the 2.3L and MZR are basically one in the same and didn't do a lot of research.

Specifically for me, the thermostat and radiator. The thermostat on the 2.3L has a longer neck, by about 1.5" then my MS6. The MS6 neck is shorter to clear the power steering hose. The longer neck does fit and will work, but the power steering hose has to be scooted over a bit. The supposed MS6 drop in radiator from them has different lower mounts and the auto trans cooler hookups. I massaged it to work because I was in a pinch, but I will eventually get my stock radiator repaired and reinstalled.
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #4

LilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond reputeLilGator has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Blower motor for MS6 doesn't fit. They list it under "2.3L L4 Turbocharged", but it's definitely not a match.

RMM 88 | JBR SSP, SSB & Heavy Knob | NGK Iridiums | Cobb AP
SURE Full3 3" Aeros | M2 Downpipe | Autotech Internals | Forge BPV
MagnaFlow CBE | SURE Dreadnaught / Juggernaught | Whiteline RSB | H&R Sports

E85 Stratified
LilGator is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #5

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll see if I can look up some of the bad part numbers tomorrow, but last I looked, only one passenger side front cv axle, out of 6 different axles, both pass & drivers side, actually fits the speed6.

I also have the specs, dimensions & such that I'll add to feed the search engines and help folks be able to identify speed6 axles from 2.3 na axles which are much smaller
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #6

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i bought two rear ABS sensors. they both fit. in fact, they say "fomoco" on them. however, i think one is broken. i'm still working on determining that, though...
 Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,984 Times in 8,185 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Lol someone in SoCal Nator was just pointing to me about this $63 axle they wanted to buy from them.. I hope they see this thread.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #8

theschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the worldtheschrum is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rock auto is an awesome site for parts, but I always reference the part number to a regular 2.3l before I purchase from them though. I wouldn't be suprised if 20% of the parts listed for our cars didn't fit.
 Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #9

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rock Auto- MS6 axle listing has been improved, but still not perfect. At least it's better than it was. Only a single CV appears to be incorrect.

I can guarantee that Cardone # 608190 is correct, that one was in my car for a couple of months till the rebuild failed- just lucky there. They're usually not bad. It's reasonably safe to "assume" the rear axles would be right, the application shows '06 & '07 only, and hey, they're rear axles....

The first one in the list is certainly incorrect (MZ8338A), and is used as an example of what to watch out for in the pics below.

The entire list- much shorter than it used to be:

See anything amiss with this application list?

Here's a good application list:

Mazdaspeed6 Front CV Axle specs compared to the N/A 2.3 CV axles:
Dimensions:
The Speed6 axles have a much larger nut, 35mm -vs- 32mm, on the splines/hub side. This is the one I've been using a 36mm socket on, by mistake apparently.

This nut size can also be referred to as M24-1.5 on the Speed6, and as M22-1.5 for the smaller NA axle.

Spline section diameter on the speed6 is 32.5mm, and is only 29mm on the NA axle.

Passenger side is also longer for the Normal 6 2.3, since there is no PTO to deal with
- top is the Speed6, bottom is normal 6 passenger side
340hp / 371tq
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
manu (11-14-2016)
 Old 09-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #10

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,503 Times in 831 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 54 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Lol someone in SoCal Nator was just pointing to me about this $63 axle they wanted to buy from them.. I hope they see this thread.
Yes I see this thread lol. I ended up just buying a OEM axel
 Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #11

DashingDomin8r is just really niceDashingDomin8r is just really niceDashingDomin8r is just really niceDashingDomin8r is just really niceDashingDomin8r is just really nice
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Exedy Clutch kit doesnt fit.
DashingDomin8r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #12

lopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud oflopezsr20 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 22 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anyone know if the ball joint moog MDBJ4869 they offer for the speed fits?
Or the DEEZA Part # MDH201—
Autotech Internals :Mazdaspeed cold air intake v2 : Corksport TIP : Cobb Accessport : Turbo XS Hybrid BOV cuz pssshhhhhhhhhhhh : Corksport RMM :Corksport Testpipe: JBR Shifter Bushings: Homedepot special OCC : Koni Yellows : Cobb rear sway bar : Resonator delete : Rallyarmor Mudflaps cuz rally car

Last edited by lopezsr20; 03-29-2013 at 01:32 PM.
lopezsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #13

MazdaSpeedster is just really niceMazdaSpeedster is just really niceMazdaSpeedster is just really niceMazdaSpeedster is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ordered a cabin air filter last week for my speed 6. I received it today and it did not fit.
MazdaSpeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

What's the part number for the filter which doesn't fit?
340hp / 371tq
 Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Strut mount kit for the 3 -

Mevotech MS76201 does not come with the strut boot and bump stop, even though it shows both of those in the pictures.

More Information for MEVOTECH MS76201
Details
 Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #16

spd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The shaft pivot seal doesn't fit, too big in diameter. I just re-used the old seal but took the spring ring (or whatever its called) out of the new seal and put it in the old one. Been about two weeks and no leaks
06 MS6 GT // PTE 6266 GEN2 // Kozmic 6th Port Inj. 1200cc // Weisco Pistons (0.020 over) // Manley H+ Rods // JDM Sport EM // Tial 38mm EWG // SP63 Keyed & Polished Crank & Sprockets // 4" WPI // P&P IM // Cobb AP // Custom DP
CP-E Safe Seals // CP-E Rear Diff Mount // Bosch 3.5 BAR // Sure ShortCut // TWM Shift Knob // AutoTech HPFP internals // H&R Springs // DRAG DR-34 +35mm // CS2 Front Lip // CX Racing Air to Water IC // Custom Matt Damond Dual OCC
HTP Small Batt Tray // SP63 EBCS // HKS BOV // Kozmic Oil Feed Line // JBR EGR block off // JBR BSD // JBR Counter-weight // NGK // DW 65c ITFP // JBR PMM // JBR SSB // SU RMM // Corksport TMM Insert // FREEK Tune in progress

305/364 (K04) // 367/387 (2871r)
454/417 (PTE6262 R.I.P)
spd6demon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you post the part number you ordered from RA, or any other details?

Knowing RA, they have some that do fit & some that don't so any details you can provide on what didn't work would be great!
340hp / 371tq
 Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #18

spd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the worldspd6demon is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
Can you post the part number you ordered from RA, or any other details?

Knowing RA, they have some that do fit & some that don't so any details you can provide on what didn't work would be great!
Part # 221620

There was only one shift shaft seal that came up for the 06' ms6. The seal didnt fit no matter how hard I tried. Seal is slightly too big for housing. Also the new seal wasnt as thick as OEM
06 MS6 GT // PTE 6266 GEN2 // Kozmic 6th Port Inj. 1200cc // Weisco Pistons (0.020 over) // Manley H+ Rods // JDM Sport EM // Tial 38mm EWG // SP63 Keyed & Polished Crank & Sprockets // 4" WPI // P&P IM // Cobb AP // Custom DP
CP-E Safe Seals // CP-E Rear Diff Mount // Bosch 3.5 BAR // Sure ShortCut // TWM Shift Knob // AutoTech HPFP internals // H&R Springs // DRAG DR-34 +35mm // CS2 Front Lip // CX Racing Air to Water IC // Custom Matt Damond Dual OCC
HTP Small Batt Tray // SP63 EBCS // HKS BOV // Kozmic Oil Feed Line // JBR EGR block off // JBR BSD // JBR Counter-weight // NGK // DW 65c ITFP // JBR PMM // JBR SSB // SU RMM // Corksport TMM Insert // FREEK Tune in progress

454/417 (PTE6262 R.I.P)

Last edited by spd6demon; 07-31-2013 at 08:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spd6demon For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (07-31-2013)
 Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #19

Mandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the worldMandinca is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spd6demon View Post
Part # 221620

There was only one shift shaft seal that came up for the 06' ms6. The seal didnt fit no matter how hard I tried. Seal is slightly too big for housing. Also the new seal wasnt as thick as OEM
For what the OEM costs why didn't you go to Mazda ?

The radiator doesn't fit. The brackets for the fans are all wrong and one of the hose fittings on top is different. It would be nice if it did fit since RA's is $119 and the only other place I could find one was OEM at $350

I also bought a PCV valve from them and the jury is still out on its functionality.

Last edited by Mandinca; 08-01-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Mandinca is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #20

soul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the worldsoul.survivor is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fel-pro donut exhaust gasket fits but isn't thick enough to make a seal.

CP-E RMM | JBR 3.5" WP | GTX3071R | JBR OCC + IM TIG | SU TMIC | Turbosmart Compact BPV | Autotech Internals | Cobb AP + TBE + EBCS | NGK 1 Step Colder | TWM Shifter | Hotchkis Sways | Bilstein Sports | Swift SPEC-Rs | SPC Camber Arms | Freektune
soul.survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mandinca View Post
For what the OEM costs why didn't you go to Mazda ?
My friend actually ordered it for me. Didn't think rock auto's would be different. Guessed wrong lol.

454/417 (PTE6262 R.I.P)
 Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 AM   #22

Rcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond reputeRcimp has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ordered the LUK clutch kit and it fit fine, I also ordered two axles that fit fine to. I ordered two front bearings with hubs and they did not fit.

Bearing with Hub: PRECISION AUTOMOTIVE 513211 - Did not fit.
Clutch Kit: LUK 10064 - Fit
Axle: EMPI 803952 - Fit
Axle: EMPI 803957 - Fit
Clutch Slave Cyl: WAGNER SC143568 - Fit
BEGI SRI
CNT Catted Downpipe
Forge BOV
CorkSport Turbo Inlet Pipe / Silicone BPH / Boost Tubes / Dry Flow Air Filter
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
CPE Xflex Stage 2 Driver Side MM
CPE Xflex Stafge 2 Rear MM
AWR Passenger Mount 88 Duro
Power Slot Rotors

Last edited by Rcimp; 01-23-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Rcimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rcimp For This Useful Post:
madspd6 (03-02-2014), stockms3 (08-13-2014)
 Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #23

season_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Radiator was mentioned. Of course, this will include the drain plug. Thread is too small to fit oem radiator

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
season_of_ages is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 AM   #24

madspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the worldmadspd6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 31
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Rcimp View Post
I ordered the LUK clutch kit and it fit fine, I also ordered two axles that fit fine to. I ordered two front bearings with hubs and they did not fit.

Bearing with Hub: PRECISION AUTOMOTIVE 513211 - Did not fit.
Clutch Kit: LUK 10064 - Fit
Axle: EMPI 803952 - Fit
Axle: EMPI 803957 - Fit
Clutch Slave Cyl: WAGNER SC143568 - Fit
The one EMPI Drivers side front axle #803967 for the speed 6 fits fine too as i have it.
I also called EMPI and about 5 months ago they were working on tooling for the passanger side, guy said new tooling takes between 5-6 months to perfect.

Velocity Red Mica 06 Speed6 (ricer) #834

Some shitty; s300sx fmw turbo, home made fmic setup, home made 4" Intake, 3.5 blowthrough maf, home made downpipe, poorly self tuned. More motor mounts then necessary.

Gay and coated white enkei rpf1s with stupid 245/45 tires. Pointless drilled and slotted rotors. Clunky coilovers. Ricer lips and lights.
madspd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madspd6 For This Useful Post:
Guano5150 (07-25-2016)
 Old 09-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #25

arias valentia is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got the engine gasket set, 4 exhaust valves and a pcv valve from them and I havnt had any issues except a minor seaping around the valve cover that I attribute more to the some rusty (+1 missing/snapped) cover bolts.

So far I guess i was lucky

Anyone know about the rack and pinion boots?

Last edited by arias valentia; 09-24-2014 at 05:47 PM.
arias valentia is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #26

maddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the worldmaddocx240 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 45 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone ever tried the oxygen sensors for the speed 6? I might need one and wanted to know if they are the right part.
maddocx240 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #27

twiztdspeed will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ngk 02 sensors should be ok but the dorman intake manifold runner control or ebcs has the wrong male pluge
twiztdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #28

Turbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the worldTurbo_Steve is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,902 Times in 525 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The ngk/ntk o2 sensor part number 24357 worked perfectly for my 08 speed 3.

They list part number 24354 for the speed 6. I am not sure if the connectors are different between the 2 cars but this is probably why it has a different part number. If it is pictured with the heat shield it should be the one you want.
The Car - 08.5 True Red MS3 GT - MODS -Cp-e nano sri, HTP 3" tip, Autotech internals, Custom fmic 28x8x3.5 cx core, Cobb ap, Autolite XP5263, Turbo_Steve SHIFT HAMMER SSP, TRZ rear mount. Atp Downpipe and custom catted mid pipe. JBR TIG, tb gasket & egr delete, XS POWER V2 turbo manifold, Aem 30-3000 WMI Kit, Ported intake By Turbo_Steve. ADAPTED PERFORMANCE SHIFT HAMMER SSP - ADAPTED PERFORMANCE ENGINE COVERS

Soon to come.

WHO KNOWS? A.D.D. FTW!
Turbo_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo_Steve For This Useful Post:
cshunter (10-29-2014)
 Old 11-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #29

Slick6 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick6 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

I overhauled most of the suspension on my MS6 last summer with rockauto parts. Only a few parts gave me problems.

The Beck/Arnley rear lateral links don't fit a MS6. The part number is 1016605. I'm not sure about the Mevotech or Moog lateral links, but with the Beck/Arnley ones I could not adjust rear toe at all.

The Beck/Arnley control arms fit. I've had them on my car for over a year and haven't had a problem with them. These are the part numbers:

Rear upper CA's - 1017042
Front upper CA's - 1015535 (Left) / 1015534 (Right)
Front lower rear CA's - 1015533 (Left) / 1015532 (Right)

For the Front lower front CA's, I bought Dorman #520809 which fit perfectly and have held up well.

KYB Strut mounts #SM5540 fit but after about a month they began making noise, so I would avoid these.
Slick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick6 For This Useful Post:
season_of_ages (11-21-2014), TiGraySpeed6 (11-13-2014)
 Old 11-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #30

ibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I forgot to post this some time ago but the Beck/Arnley 037-6112 intake gasket fits perfectly. Their TB gasket fits 100% as well I just don't have the P/N handy.

Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
Sir Henry Royce

ibcrusn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #31

season_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond reputeseason_of_ages has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Slick6 View Post
The Beck/Arnley control arms fit. I've had them on my car for over a year and haven't had a problem with them. These are the part numbers:

Rear upper CA's - 1017042
Front upper CA's - 1015535 (Left) / 1015534 (Right)
Front lower rear CA's - 1015533 (Left) / 1015532 (Right)

For the Front lower front CA's, I bought Dorman #520809 which fit perfectly and have held up well.
I read there was a TSB regarding the passenger control arm where the MS6 would pull to the right. Are these the updated control arms? After installation, do you experience any kind of pull while driving?

season_of_ages is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #32

Slick6 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick6 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by season_of_ages View Post
I read there was a TSB regarding the passenger control arm where the MS6 would pull to the right. Are these the updated control arms? After installation, do you experience any kind of pull while driving?

The updated control arms are supposed to correct differences in caster between the left and right wheels. I don't think these will fix caster differences, but I went from 4 degrees of caster to about 5 degrees after installing them, FWIW. Then again, I had the front subframe lowered and installed SPC balljoints when I replaced the UCAs, so I can't say for sure if the increased caster was a result of the control arms.

I don't have any pull while driving after installing these and getting a good alignment.
Slick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slick6 For This Useful Post:
season_of_ages (11-21-2014)
 Old 07-22-2015, 03:14 AM   #33

myspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura aboutmyspeed90 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default throw out bearing

Bought a throw out bearing for my genwon and it was wrong. Claimed to be for the turbo engine but its definitely wrong. Ended up going to Mazda and buying. Part # N4115
88mm Wiseco pistons_Manley H- beam rods_CPE Injector seals_Clevite Bearings_Autotech Internals_HKS SSQV_Cobb SRI/TIP_COBB V3_JBR 88 duro pmm_JBR rmm_Turbine Tech FMM_CxRacing FMIC_TurboXs Catless DP/TP_South Bend Stage 3 DD_That Corn Shit_FREEKTUNE!
myspeed90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myspeed90 For This Useful Post:
illegal shishkebab (10-22-2017)
 Old 09-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #34

dead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the worlddead-zone is the leader of the world
Groaned at 53 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

WIX Cabin Air Filter fitted perfectly gen1.

ACDelco rear coil springs were about half inch longer, though no noticeable change in car height or handling. The springs hardness feels same as the stock one, if not even slightly firmer.

MEVOTECH Rear LCA also fitted fine.

Last edited by dead-zone; 09-06-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Keep adding stuff
dead-zone is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #35

cjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had to return an A/C compressor. The return was really easy, that place is awesome for parts (when they fit).
cjbevington is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjbevington For This Useful Post:
illegal shishkebab (10-22-2017)
 Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #36

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do not use National # 510096 front wheel bearing for Mazdaspeed 3. It fits but the wheel speed sensor won't get the correct signal and you'll get DSC and ABS dash lights.
illegal shishkebab likes this.
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2018, 05:50 PM   #37

skyms6 has a spectacular aura aboutskyms6 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

has anyone purchased a clutch from rock auto ? if so which one do you recommend im looking to purchase one from them
thanks
skyms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #38

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skyms6 View Post
has anyone purchased a clutch from rock auto ? if so which one do you recommend im looking to purchase one from them
thanks
That LUK clutch in the picture is the OEM clutch. That's a steal for $200 considering it comes with the pilot bearing, release bearing, and alignment tool.

Edit: You MUST replace the flywheel bolts if you replace the flywheel or have it cleaned up. They are one-time use only. Don't forget about those.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #39

skyms6 has a spectacular aura aboutskyms6 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
That LUK clutch in the picture is the OEM clutch. That's a steal for $200 considering it comes with the pilot bearing, release bearing, and alignment tool.

Edit: You MUST replace the flywheel bolts if you replace the flywheel or have it cleaned up. They are one-time use only. Don't forget about those.
do you think i need to replace the fly wherl ?
skyms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #40

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by skyms6 View Post
do you think i need to replace the fly wherl ?
It is 100% necessary for the flywheel to have a clean, perfect mating surface for the clutch to grab. If the clutch wore down to the rivets or damaged the flywheel at all, it will have to be replaced or at least resurfaced. Fidanza is a cheap option and it's lighter, which is just a bonus. OEM Flywheel is hella expensive. If the flywheel is undamaged, clean it well with denatured alcohol. Be VERY careful to only use a TINY bit of lubricant on the splines and be careful when you re-grease the fork and release bearing. That shit's gonna spin at 6000 RPM, which will send any excess lubricant all over the place. If any lubricant at all gets into the clutch, you're gonna have a bad time.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsurge For This Useful Post:
skyms6 (09-15-2018)