register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 671 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 75 Times in 47 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Turbo upgrade pictures...

Got the smaller wheel upgrade, shipping it out soon to a lucky tester.

27% greater flow with a clipped exhaust wheel. The testing has been done for compressor to turbine pressure ratios and the clip has been done in results to that testing (don't ask how much clip was done because will not tell you). Testing to get this done is very expensive and I don't want the others trying to copy us.

This is the smaller unit that flowed enough for 350 WHP based on CFM, but we have no idea how this is going to respond to the DI motor. If the eff from DI vs standard injected motors is consistant and crosses over to the turbo's out put, 370 should be possible to the wheels with this first of 3 upgrades we have planned.

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures. I have several updates planned with this so stay tuned to the big wheel thread. Thanks.

MORE DETAILS IN WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU THE MS3/6 MARKET

STOCK WHEEL: INDUCER 45 MM / MAJOR 56MM

VERSION 1 : INDUCER 48.0 MM / MAJOR 60 MM 35 LB. PER MIN.

VERSION 2 : INDUCER 48.3 MM / MAJOR 70MM 37 LB. PER MIN.

VERSION 3 : INDUCER 48.3 MM / MAJOR 76MM 40 LB. PER MIN.

VERSION 1 & 2 AVALIBLE NOW!
VERSION 3 NEEDS TO BE TESTED IN LATE MAY.

Testing is getting done right now for the version 3, we hope to have more info on this before the end of June but the first 2 options are running the stock and upgraded pumps out of fuel near 24 psi. The stocker appears to be 28 to 30lbs per hour, so each lb you gain should be 10 to 15 WHP added to the car. 35lb wheel should make 350 WHP, 37lb 370WHP, 40lb 400WHP... you see what I am getting at. I will have more info and test data when we are all done testing the 3 versions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parts for the MS3 and other items 013.JPG (165.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg parts for the MS3 and other items 012.JPG (163.5 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg parts for the MS3 and other items 014.JPG (148.0 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by ptperformance; 05-08-2008 at 07:04 PM.
ptperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned

ptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the worldptperformance is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to add that the inlet is ported out to max so the volume is there for the larger compressor wheel.
 Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #3

digitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the world
Groans: 37
Groaned at 51 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

couple questions.

1. What is the cost, estimated if you aren't sure yet.

2. Will we have to run an upgraded fuel pump to use this turbo?

I am not really to excited about the current fuel pumps that are available, I want to get a look at yours before I go that route.

3. Where do I sign up? lol.

Great work John.
digitaljedi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #4

kraz3y has a spectacular aura aboutkraz3y has a spectacular aura aboutkraz3y has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by digitaljedi View Post
couple questions.

I am not really to excited about the current fuel pumps that are available, I want to get a look at yours before I go that route.

Great work John.
+1
kraz3y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is this mine? lol i still have no clue whats going on! Anthony alive?
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,734 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What pre-turbine pressure/intake pressure ratio are you trying to stay below? I run about 2.2 on my Mustang, but I have no idea what is typical for stock or modded MS3s.

Any idea on lag with the clippage? I wouldn't mind a little slower spool due to fuel limitations down low...
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #7

shadrag will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Purdy, I didn't realize that you were actually increasing the compressor inducer size, nice. What's the exducer look like on these beauts?
shadrag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post
What pre-turbine pressure/intake pressure ratio are you trying to stay below? I run about 2.2 on my Mustang, but I have no idea what is typical for stock or modded MS3s.

Any idea on lag with the clippage? I wouldn't mind a little slower spool due to fuel limitations down low...
We are trying to keep them under 2 to 1 due to the smaller turbine housing and the small shaft we are dealing with. The stock pressures are over 2.9 and on one pass we hit 3 to 1 in 5th gear down low, not good for turbo life.

The clip seems to add about 200 RPM of lag but the boost curve looks great and seems to add 2 to 4 psi on the top end for boost hold. Its a + + if you ask me.
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shadrag View Post
Purdy, I didn't realize that you were actually increasing the compressor inducer size, nice. What's the exducer look like on these beauts?
Inducer and exducer on this one. It moves way more air then the stocker. I will try to get some pictures up of the wheel when we have a few more running on the streets.
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #10
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
is this mine? lol i still have no clue whats going on! Anthony alive?
Did you send me your core yet? Thats about the only way you will be getting one.... LOL.

I have another one on the way back to me and there are 4 more getting done as I type this. I should have everyone taken care of on these in the next 2 weeks.
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

no, mine is sitting in my garage. Last i heard anthony was suppose to send me his as he is having problems. not to sound like a dick but we were also suppose to take car of other matters that we didnt, so untill we do im not sending anything when im unsure of whats even going to happen to it.
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

couple questions.

Great work John.
The turbo upgrade is $649 and the tubine housing work (not pictured) is $199. The finished units will be all ceramic and the turbine housing will only come in a ceramic finish. $799 if you get them both together at the same time.

I recommend a pump upgrade for every MS3 or 6 due to the problems that many are having with the performance falling off up top on the stock turbo. You can use this turbo on the stock pump (we have done this) but you need to keep the boost levels at stock, do not raise them more then 2 psi because the car leans out really bad.

Send me a core and thats your ticket in.

Keep an eye out for cores for me and that will get you an "IN" with me. Thanks.
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

no, mine is sitting in my garage. Last i heard anthony was suppose to send me his as he is having problems. not to sound like a dick but we were also suppose to take car of other matters that we didnt, so untill we do im not sending anything when im unsure of whats even going to happen to it.
I have not talked to him so I hope you get that turbine housings soon???

I have the CAT back sitting here if thats what your talking about, DP is jigged just waiting for some final parts to show up so I can start on them. I hope thats what your talking about????s
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #14

jlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the world
Thanked 47,923 Times in 643 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ptperformance View Post
Did you send me your core yet? Thats about the only way you will be getting one.... LOL.

I have another one on the way back to me and there are 4 more getting done as I type this. I should have everyone taken care of on these in the next 2 weeks.

i cant wait!
jlarson1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #15

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,676 Times in 710 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sub
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,734 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We are trying to keep them under 2 to 1 due to the smaller turbine housing and the small shaft we are dealing with. The stock pressures are over 2.9 and on one pass we hit 3 to 1 in 5th gear down low, not good for turbo life.

The clip seems to add about 200 RPM of lag but the boost curve looks great and seems to add 2 to 4 psi on the top end for boost hold. Its a + + if you ask me.
What exhaust components were used when you saw 2.9-3.0 ratio on "stock pressures"?

I know from experience the turbo back can have a hell of an influence on that pressure ratio! Tks I dropped from ~4:1 to 2.2 by going from a restrictive cat back to a bullet off the downpipe. :-)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #17
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have not talked to him so I hope you get that turbine housings soon???

I have the CAT back sitting here if thats what your talking about, DP is jigged just waiting for some final parts to show up so I can start on them. I hope thats what your talking about????s
im not even talking about the TBE. Im just simply talking about the turbo. What it is that im getting and paying for. Im sending you two cores.

options so far: I send you a core u do what u do, send it back, i put it on and send you the stocker thast on my car to keep.

2: I get anthony's(which i have heard nothign about for him) and send you the core and the stocker thats on my car.

3: I don't even know what it is im getting, which option, port work? wheel? lol im completly lost, hence the reason im hesitant to send out my stuff.

I need to be filled in on to whats going on and what im actually getting, how am i testing it? Track dyno both? Alot of "ifs" I have track times and i have dyno times. 302whp 336wtq and 12.90 @ 111 are the "bases".

Last edited by Laloosh; 04-22-2008 at 04:18 PM.
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #18

jlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the worldjlarson1983 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol i am wondering where all these extra turbos came from, how does the average person have one laying around?
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

i bought a core and the one that is on my car. Most who went BT have gotten rid of their stocker and many of us picked them up for a price.
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #20
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cld12pk2go View Post
What exhaust components were used when you saw 2.9-3.0 ratio on "stock pressures"?

I know from experience the turbo back can have a hell of an influence on that pressure ratio! Tks I dropped from ~4:1 to 2.2 by going from a restrictive cat back to a bullet off the downpipe. :-)
TBE all 3".

The pressure is crazy high just like on the SRT4 turbo. 90% of it comes from the poor design of the turbine housing. Its a balance between clip, thrust pressures and pressure ratios. It takes time to get it right but when you do, damn it makes for a great driving turbo.
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

so in theory we should be able to get more out of these turbo's at lower boost? i was running 20-21psi but with this i can run like 18-19psi and make more power?
 Old 04-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #22

digitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the worlddigitaljedi is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im so in, time to request overtime :thumbsup:
 Old 04-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #23

fqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond reputefqspd3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

subing
 Old 04-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #24
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

jon, you said in a previes thread that your reworked stockers made 30 whp on stoock boost and probably 50-70 on raised. You also said you were running out of fuel on the big wheel set up that broke and were making very good power. Do you have any proof of this? Dyno numbers?
 Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #25
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,960 Times in 8,172 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #26

ultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the worldultraspeed619 is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,212 Times in 159 Posts
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

SWEET!!! subbing and hoping one of them them turbo's are heading my way in 2 weeks! thanks fo r the update, john!
Exterior: SSG AE Lip Kit | HomeDepot Front Lip Mod | JDM Tailights | Black Emblems |
Interior: AutoExe ShiftKnob | TWM STG2 | ProSport BoostGauge | Dashawk |
ultraspeed619 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #27

mazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm in talks with john right now. My car is basicly stock so i will be trying to send him a core this week. once i get it i will go be going back to the dyno for him to get some numbers which should make everyone happpy since i still have stock TMIC and DP and exhaust. just a Cobb SRi and Turbo x's Test pipe thats all.
MODS: COBB Short air intake, ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO HAVE THE ACCESS PORT BETA TESTER, Cobb access port, CP-E Catted Down pipe ( now no cat.'s ), Custom Exhaust,Turbo X's Hybrid BOV , Coil Pack spring mod, MY Very own Intercooler Cover mod, 8000K HiD Head Light upgrade, Stri electric boost gauge, EGT and turbo timer, AEM UEGO Wide band A/F Gauge, CP-e Dog bone lower mount with race bushing, Red Calibers, yellow fog lights. CP-E fuel pump upgrade.
mazdaspeedjay is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #28

MStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have stocker laying around that i want to rework, i just need to get some $$$.
MStempted is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #29

mrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks gorgeous.
Mods:CP-E FMIC - ProtegeGarage Tubular Exhaust Manifold - TurboXS Hybrid BOV, Downpipe, and Custom Catted Racepipe - mrlilguyCDFP - ATP 3" Turbo Inlet - ATP Boost Cut Killer Module - CP-E Rear MM - WelderWerkz Short Shifter - AEM UEGO Wideband - ProSport Blue Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure Gauges - GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer - PimpWheels Black/Red Edition - Falken Azenis RT-615 - Yakima Roof Rack w/ Fairing

Reppin' ProtegeGarage for life!
mrlilguy157 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mrlilguy157 View Post
looks gorgeous.
Your just excited that this will help you move more fuel pump....
 Old 04-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #31

kraz3y has a spectacular aura aboutkraz3y has a spectacular aura aboutkraz3y has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmm whats the core fee for the people who dont have stock turbos lying around =P
kraz3y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #32

MStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the worldMStempted is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

wait.... so how much is it to do all the good stuff if i send you my stocker?

|| CP-E CAI || CP-E Inlet || CP-E FMIC || CP-E Catback || SU TurboSmart BOV || PG Turbo Manifold || CDI/PG Fuel Pump internals+spring || Denso 1step colder plugs || ATP DP || ATP FCD || ATP CEL trick || TWM stage2 SS+bushings || AWR Engine mount || SU rear diff mount || TT rear diff Rear mount || Whiteline anti-sway bar || AWR Endlinks || BC racing CO's || matt black OZ Ultraleggeras + Kumho ASX || Cobb AP || VEI boost || VEI oil Pressure/Water Temp. || AEM wideband || ApexI Turbo Timer || N2MB WOTbox || SM catchcan || BS delete+baffle kit || Spin on Oil filter conversion + Prosport sandwich ||

Other: Other mods are BS!

Sponsored by: STREETUNIT.COM check them out :thumbsup:
MStempted is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #33

mrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the worldmrlilguy157 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your just excited that this will help you move more fuel pump....
lol not at all. PTP has their own fueling stuff coming to market soon enough in addition to what I offer now. The turbo really does look wonderful. If I cared about a warranty I definitely would go the reworked route. lots more power and it all looks the same to the dealer.
Mods:CP-E FMIC - ProtegeGarage Tubular Exhaust Manifold - TurboXS Hybrid BOV, Downpipe, and Custom Catted Racepipe - mrlilguyCDFP - ATP 3" Turbo Inlet - ATP Boost Cut Killer Module - CP-E Rear MM - WelderWerkz Short Shifter - AEM UEGO Wideband - ProSport Blue Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure Gauges - GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer - PimpWheels Black/Red Edition - Falken Azenis RT-615 - Yakima Roof Rack w/ Fairing

Reppin' ProtegeGarage for life!
mrlilguy157 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #34

mazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the worldmazdaspeedjay is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes it looks the same only down side is if they try to replace it under warranty if they don't notice right off the bat by looking at the turbos side by side then you are out a upgraded unit. I work for a dealer so i'm a little special because i'm able to do all my own work warranty and regular stuff since i work as a mazda tech for a mazda dealer. but still i mean this whole hearted if i had my way everyone would be allowed to mod their cars and not have to worry about warrantied voids or being voided and not have to worry about putting their car back to stock to have it worked on.

Anyone in Maryland baltimore area hit me up if you need stuff done and i'll help you out as best as possible i think this warranty void police are now getting to trigger happy and it's not fair to the average customer or consumer. It's so stupid cause when i goto training and talk to the higher ups at mazda when i'm at MNAO head quarters or their sister stations they mostly say if the aftermarket part didn't cause the problem or problems then who cares and they're getting sick and tired of getting calls from service people and managers bitching that the car has after market parts. Bottom line this is out of their mouths if the part isn't causing the problem then it shouldn't void the warranty no matter what and the car should be fixed and repaired under warranty just like everyone else. I laughed and told them thats not the case and i have many horror stories of friends and other people getting warranty voided because of stupid stuff.

Anyway sorry i rambelled on. PT is nice but LIL'Guy is the O.G> of CDFP's so i'm still stickin with him for any of mine or friends cars i work on that get upgraded pumps. Keep doing your thing play'a
MODS: COBB Short air intake, ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO HAVE THE ACCESS PORT BETA TESTER, Cobb access port, CP-E Catted Down pipe ( now no cat.'s ), Custom Exhaust,Turbo X's Hybrid BOV , Coil Pack spring mod, MY Very own Intercooler Cover mod, 8000K HiD Head Light upgrade, Stri electric boost gauge, EGT and turbo timer, AEM UEGO Wide band A/F Gauge, CP-e Dog bone lower mount with race bushing, Red Calibers, yellow fog lights. CP-E fuel pump upgrade.
mazdaspeedjay is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #35

JumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the worldJumpingJackson is the leader of the world
Groaned at 23 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Probably shouldnt be pitching competitors fuel pump in PT Performances own subforum that they paid for.
JumpingJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #36
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

jon, you said in a previes thread that your reworked stockers made 30 whp on stoock boost and probably 50-70 on raised. You also said you were running out of fuel on the big wheel set up that broke and were making very good power. Do you have any proof of this? Dyno numbers?
Dyno's are on the way to me now. I will post them when I have them. Thanks.
 Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #37
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kraz3y View Post
hmm whats the core fee for the people who dont have stock turbos lying around =P
$700 right now. Thats how much I have to pay for new ones right now. Cores are far and few between right now, so new units are about all I can get for you guys.
 Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #38
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MStempted View Post
wait.... so how much is it to do all the good stuff if i send you my stocker?
$599 for the turbo
$199 for the turbine housing
 Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

any new updates? i can't wait to get this i have been without my car for over 2weeks now. i get it back tomorrow finally
 Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #40

winniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the worldwinniep is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

So without a core, total price will be $1499? Also, for those of us with blown seals, will that issue be taken care of? My MAIN concern is not smoking, so that will pretty much make or break the deal for me . Also, how are you coming on those CDFP upgrades?