register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Cobb Tuning

Cobb Tuning Cobb Tuning is the leader in Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 Performance!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By avesfan101

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #1

SPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default base map needed!

Hey guys! I need A base map or a map tweak. I have the AP v2 and my mods are as followed. cobb sf intake, cobb tih, autotech hpfp and ebay catless dp. I want to know if anyone hear can help me with a base make for my dp mode till I can get a full tune PLEASE! I can pay up..
SPEEDO90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to SPEEDO90 For This Un-useful Post:
Vansquish (07-13-2015)
 Old 06-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #2

ms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,182 Times in 2,582 Posts
Groans: 307
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What "tweak" do you need that the COBB OTS maps w/DP don't have?

COBB Tuning - Maps

EBTEC Motor ¤ PTE 5862 ¤ Custom 3" Exhaust ¤ Bosch 3.5 Bar ¤ Custom 4" Intake ¤ CS Seals ¤ JBR EBCS ¤ Kozmic DP ¤ TurboSmart BOV ¤ Treadstone TR10 FMIC ¤ NGK's ¤ AT Internals ¤ 6th Port ¤ DO Meth ¤ CPE Exh Manifold ¤ Tial 44mm EWG ¤ JMF Manifold ¤ COBB AP ¤ 18x8 Tenzo Cuzco's ¤ H&R Coilovers ¤ Dual OCC ¤ Guardian Angel
GT3076 - 393/380 3/9 e85
GT3076 - 426/400 E85/DO10 Meth
PTE5862 - TBD
ms6mil is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #3

SPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the roughSPEEDO90 is a jewel in the rough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms6mil View Post
What "tweak" do you need that the COBB OTS maps w/DP don't have?

COBB Tuning - Maps
Cobb ots stage 2 is for catted dp and I have at catless! Or does it not matter?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #4

acousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the worldacousticdefbot is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the downpipe has no cat so he needs his wasted gas downpipe closer adjusted.

if you're willing to pay, you might as well go through one of the e-tuners that offer an ots/flash map. all cobb offers is the tool for you to do it. i believe they will dyno tune as well but you're looking at a needless expenditure for what you need. cobb also offers atr free of charge if you're willing to make the adjustments yourself, but i don't want to see you blow up your car.
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by acousticdefbot View Post
the downpipe has no cat so he needs his wasted gas downpipe closer adjusted.

if you're willing to pay, you might as well go through one of the e-tuners that offer an ots/flash map. all cobb offers is the tool for you to do it. i believe they will dyno tune as well but you're looking at a needless expenditure for what you need. cobb also offers atr free of charge if you're willing to make the adjustments yourself, but i don't want to see you blow up your car.
Okay so basically you're saying that the OTS map I'm using now is no good

Old 06-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #6

ms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Download ATR and reduce the WGDC tables yourself. pretty simple to do or can walk you through it.

LMAO.... WGDC = Wasted Gas Downpipe Closer... that's a new one.

Seems like over the last couple of days you are being brought up to speed with everything you need, reading your other posts...

Download ATR....
Stay out of Boost until your internals come in
Add a signature of all your mods to include what year vehicle
....report back and me or someone will get you sorted out...

EBTEC Motor ¤ PTE 5862 ¤ Custom 3" Exhaust ¤ Bosch 3.5 Bar ¤ Custom 4" Intake ¤ CS Seals ¤ JBR EBCS ¤ Kozmic DP ¤ TurboSmart BOV ¤ Treadstone TR10 FMIC ¤ NGK's ¤ AT Internals ¤ 6th Port ¤ DO Meth ¤ CPE Exh Manifold ¤ Tial 44mm EWG ¤ JMF Manifold ¤ COBB AP ¤ 18x8 Tenzo Cuzco's ¤ H&R Coilovers ¤ Dual OCC ¤ Guardian Angel
GT3076 - 393/380 3/9 e85
PTE5862 - TBD
The Following User Says Thank You to ms6mil For This Useful Post:
chaser27 (07-13-2015)
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #7

superman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you just concerned with over boosting? It's fairly easy to adjust limits and WGDC so that doesn't happen. OTS maps are pretty conservative. I had similar mods on an OTS map for a while with no problem before I learned how to use ATR. Just monitor so you know if you need to back off. I would suggest you look up a tuning guide and tweak it yourself or just run OTS until you can get the full e-tune.
Power: Powered by Purple Drank, BNRS3, JBR 3.5, Grimspeed EBCS, 3-bar map, CP-e FMIC, Autotech HPFP, Forge V2 BPV, VTCS delete, DM OCC, Empire water pump pulley, BSD, JBR pan baffle, ebay downpipe, CP-e CBE, NGK step colder plugs, TIGs, CP-E Safe seals, DM EGR delete, etc. Handling: Eibach prokit, SPC camber arms, RX8 wheels, 235/40/18, Goodridge Stainless brake lines, EBC redstuff, mazda 5 rear brakes, Custom mid chasis brace, WR front strut brace, TB traction bar, TB trunk brace, JBR rear sway bar, Moog links, DM RMM, OEM poly filled PMM, CS TMM insert, JBR solid shifter bushings, AP shift hammer, Other: Android Stereo running torque pro, MZ style lip, Corksport LED lights, HIDs, lots of other random stuff
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #8

OCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond reputeOCspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 6
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I read something on here that for a catless "starting point" you should lower WG by like 10-15%? Not completely sure..I could be wrong lol. Good luck

2012 black speed3 - AP - CxRacing FMIC - COBB SF - COBB TIP - Ebay catless long DP - XS Power Exhaust Manifold - ARK CBE - AutoTech internals - Rotella T6 - JBR 88 Duro RMM - JBR MudFlaps - DevilsOwn M.I. - GFB Respons 50/50 - AEM DryFlow - NGK Step Colder

Instagram @ mpodboj

www.matiaspodbojracing.yolasite.com
OCspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superman View Post
Are you just concerned with over boosting? It's fairly easy to adjust limits and WGDC so that doesn't happen. OTS maps are pretty conservative. I had similar mods on an OTS map for a while with no problem before I learned how to use ATR. Just monitor so you know if you need to back off. I would suggest you look up a tuning guide and tweak it yourself or just run OTS until you can get the full e-tune.
Thank you so much man preciate it. I just got referred to a local guy here who claims to be a Mazdaspeed enthusiast and tuner he said he will charge me $150 to do 93 and e85 tune he also said that he will do free revisions for me and he will also do the log in for me while I'm in the car! What do yall think?

Old 06-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SPEEDO90 View Post
Thank you so much man preciate it. I just got referred to a local guy here who claims to be a Mazdaspeed enthusiast and tuner he said he will charge me $150 to do 93 and e85 tune he also said that he will do free revisions for me and he will also do the log in for me while I'm in the car! What do yall think?

Just make sure the guy knows what he's doing, check with other cars that have been tuned by him, check results and compare to other options out there.

learn to log your pulls yourself..

GT3076 - 393/380 3/9 e85
PTE5862 - TBD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ms6mil For This Useful Post:
chaser27 (07-13-2015), Raider (07-13-2015)
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms6mil View Post
Just make sure the guy knows what he's doing, check with other cars that have been tuned by him, check results and compare to other options out there.

learn to log your pulls yourself..
He tunes his own car and has tuned my friends car too.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #12

superman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond reputesuperman has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a great price assuming he knows his stuff. If you trust him with your car go for it! A good tune makes a huge difference with these cars. Let us know how it goes.
Power: Powered by Purple Drank, BNRS3, JBR 3.5, Grimspeed EBCS, 3-bar map, CP-e FMIC, Autotech HPFP, Forge V2 BPV, VTCS delete, DM OCC, Empire water pump pulley, BSD, JBR pan baffle, ebay downpipe, CP-e CBE, NGK step colder plugs, TIGs, CP-E Safe seals, DM EGR delete, etc. Handling: Eibach prokit, SPC camber arms, RX8 wheels, 235/40/18, Goodridge Stainless brake lines, EBC redstuff, mazda 5 rear brakes, Custom mid chasis brace, WR front strut brace, TB traction bar, TB trunk brace, JBR rear sway bar, Moog links, DM RMM, OEM poly filled PMM, CS TMM insert, JBR solid shifter bushings, AP shift hammer, Other: Android Stereo running torque pro, MZ style lip, Corksport LED lights, HIDs, lots of other random stuff
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superman View Post
That's a great price assuming he knows his stuff. If you trust him with your car go for it! A good tune makes a huge difference with these cars. Let us know how it goes.
I'll update next week when it starts. Thanks guys!

Old 06-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #14

EnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond reputeEnixStorm has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good luck!
 Old 07-13-2015, 05:43 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
I never said anything about I would do the logging for you while you're in the car, that's on you. I said we can meet up to discuss things in person since you are local. Free revisions means while you have the same parts on the car, you won't need to pay anything extra until we finalize the tune.

And while I'm no Freek/Nishan/tuning god... I know how to safely get more power out of these cars very well also.
I Must have misunderstood the logging part, I apologize. But that's fine you don't need to be a God lol couple ppl in town have said your awesome and that's cool with me. I should be ready next week!

I never said anything about I would do the logging for you while you're in the car, that's on you. I said we can meet up to discuss things in person since you are local. Free revisions means while you have the same parts on the car, you won't need to pay anything extra until we finalize the tune.

And while I'm no Freek/Nishan/tuning god... I know how to safely get more power out of these cars very well also.
I knew iv seen the car on your profile pic somewhere lol

Last edited by SPEEDO90; 07-13-2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #16

avesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the worldavesfan101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 17 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No offense to the "tuner" here but spend the extra $100 and go with someone reputable who has tuned more than 3 cars. Someone like the aforementioned tuners who know both the limits and nuances of this platform.
Just because a tune isnt super aggressive doesn't mean it's safe. You can still end up with a hole in your block.
Scare Dem and FSUMazdaSpeed like this.
Nel Mazdaspeed (07-13-2015), Scare Dem (07-13-2015), Shampu (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #17
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,010 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

And anyone using MSF to conduct business MUST be an approved vendor. Getting caught using PMs and posts to do business while not approved is subject to permaban.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Scare Dem (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #18

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guy is local, talked to him on facebook and text. No business was conducted on here.

I love how people automatically assume if you aren't an "MSF approved tuner", you don't know what you're doing. I never once called myself a tuner. And since I'm not "reputable" apparently, it must mean I don't know the "limits and nuances" of this platform. 25,000+ tuned miles on my car, 20,000+ tuned on my friend's who I've tuned and worked on, both still running strong, among the couple others in the area I've also tuned and worked on. Not to mention the hundreds of hours of reading/research I've done to understand what I am doing. Not to only do it, but to feel confident enough to actually charge others for my work.

I already said I wasn't on a level of the MSF tuning gods. But with a k04 powered Mazdaspeed, I know what I'm doing. Now if he had a BT, I would have told him to come here and get a tune from Freek/Nishan/etc. Because I haven't tuned any BT Mazdaspeed, and someone else's motor won't be the guinea pig for me to try it first. The same reason I never offered to tune anyone else I know before I was confident enough with what I was doing with my own car with just the k04.
Gr8Speed (07-13-2015), Raider (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guy is local, talked to him on facebook and text. No business was conducted on here.

I love how people automatically assume if you aren't an "MSF approved tuner", you don't know what you're doing. I never once called myself a tuner. And since I'm not "reputable" apparently, it must mean I don't know the "limits and nuances" of this platform. 25,000+ tuned miles on my car, 20,000+ tuned on my friend's who I've tuned and worked on, both still running strong, among the couple others in the area I've also tuned and worked on. Not to mention the hundreds of hours of reading/research I've done to understand what I am doing. Not to only do it, but to feel confident enough to actually charge others for my work.

I already said I wasn't on a level of the MSF tuning gods. But with a k04 powered Mazdaspeed, I know what I'm doing. Now if he had a BT, I would have told him to come here and get a tune from Freek/Nishan/etc. Because I haven't tuned any BT Mazdaspeed, and someone else's motor won't be the guinea pig for me to try it first. The same reason I never offered to tune anyone else I know before I was confident enough with what I was doing with my own car with just the k04.
I was just going to say that we did not conduct business on here you couldn't say it any better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPEEDO90 For This Useful Post:
Raider (07-13-2015), Vansquish (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree on many points. My tuner is not approved here either. That said, 400 so called tuners are out there and many are great. Some are sketchy. Few have been banned or outed as dangerous.

I have to take the stand of protecting msf members and figured you knew better than to do business here lol. You know me, I trust nobody and have to make tough calls as a result.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #21

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love how people automatically assume if you aren't an "MSF approved tuner", you don't know what you're doing.
Couldn't agree more. You don't even need to know what you're doing with how stupid simple ATR is set up. It's not like you're building a map on a standalone. Cobb's software makes it so easy I could (and have) teach my 11 year old brother the basics of it.
g00s3y (07-13-2015)
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #22
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
Couldn't agree more. You don't even need to know what you're doing with how stupid simple ATR is set up. It's not like you're building a map on a standalone. Cobb's software makes it so easy I could (and have) teach my 11 year old brother the basics of it.

Not true. Many have tried, and blew up engines of poor unsuspecting owners. There are variables that some asshat with a dated abilors guide and a copy of ATR and a nickname to use can call themselves a tuner.

And because of that, the list of legit tuners is small. And bad ones can blow your motor.
 Old 07-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #23

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Not true. Many have tried, and blew up engines of poor unsuspecting owners. There are variables that some asshat with a dated abilors guide and a copy of ATR and a nickname to use can call themselves a tuner.

And because of that, the list of legit tuners is small. And bad ones can blow your motor.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but it is pretty damn easy if you have a little guidance and some common sense. Yes many have tried and failed, but they were lacking in either one or both of those departments.
 Old 07-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #24
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Their lacking was masked until motors stated detonating left and right.
 Old 07-13-2015, 10:37 AM   #25

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree on many points. My tuner is not approved here either. That said, 400 so called tuners are out there and many are great. Some are sketchy. Few have been banned or outed as dangerous.

I have to take the stand of protecting msf members and figured you knew better than to do business here lol. You know me, I trust nobody and have to make tough calls as a result.
Oh yes lol, I've already got a couple infractions for things I've forgotten in the For Sale section. Don't need to get banned from here, I still need this website for it's knowledge.

Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but it is pretty damn easy if you have a little guidance and some common sense. Yes many have tried and failed, but they were lacking in either one or both of those departments.
ATR is simple in it's setup (especially boost tuning), but only after you understand the tables, what they do, and how they work in conjunction with each other. When I first opened up ATR about 2 years ago, I looked and said "fuck that, too much to deal with", and started looking around for a tune. I decided the price to pay someone else to look at a spreadsheet, and edit cells in another program based upon that data, wasn't worth it for me. Especially when I know I could learn it myself, because there is this amazing thing called the internet, and this website comes along with it.

I decided I needed to learn myself when I kept getting fuel cut (because Cobb OTS & catless DP), and didn't want to pay for a tune, just to basically stop that. So started reading and making revisions to a Cobb OTS tune. I also was able to get some good help from this guy Anthony (Drunkmann Tuning, big in the Subie world, had an MS3 for a while) in understanding ATR and how it works. Also helped me understand how the 2.3 we have is quite different from other motors out there. From there it was just more reading every time I came into an issue, or if there was something I didn't understand.

Like I said before, I recently decided I was at the point where I am confident enough with what I do, to be able to actually charge people. I still try to get anyone who asks me about it, to learn themselves first, because I also agree that ATR makes it easy to do, once you understand it all. It's especially easy and safe (imo) with a k04 (on 93) if you have internals, and aren't an idiot who knows how to use google.
Raider (07-13-2015)