register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Cobb Tuning

Cobb Tuning Cobb Tuning is the leader in Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 Performance!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #41

alex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond reputealex_speed13 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so far, an amazing add, vibes are ok, had a swapped urethane from sure and well that brings other vibes than of the RMM, though meanwhile i had only the pmm oem and the RMM was doing an amazing job with minimal noise and vibrations. as far as it concerns, a great product, i would recommend it to anyone.

Cobb AP (Freek tuned ) RMM // AutoTech int. // Jamies 3"cher/ JB TIG's// JB's shortcut// Stratified 3port ebcs// MAttdamond OCC kit// // CPE DP/Triton // ETS TMIC // HKS ssqv IV //Sure s3 track grade (surprisingly good so far)

Someday, i will just get drunk and randomly order a GTX2867 or even a ewg GTX3071, when the bill comes ill shit my pants, but when i'll install it, ill go nuts...
alex_speed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #42

Ssvtecsol is a name known to allSsvtecsol is a name known to allSsvtecsol is a name known to allSsvtecsol is a name known to allSsvtecsol is a name known to allSsvtecsol is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am def thinking of getting this. Anyone have any reviews on how bad the vibrations are at idle? I think this is the only mount I am going to change. I am not going crazy with my MS3 but def want it to shift better than stock. I miss my SI shifting....

09 Si Civic
07 Del Sol (B16)
Ssvtecsol is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #43

moonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@COBB: I got my COBB RMM in the mail today and I wonder if it's not damaged (or I'm retarded, or both). I can't screw in the large bolt into the recessed nut all the way. I can maybe get it 25% in. Is this normal? It seems like something is not aligned properly. Threads look ok.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #44

Ryguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the worldRyguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
@COBB: I got my COBB RMM in the mail today and I wonder if it's not damaged (or I'm retarded, or both). I can't screw in the large bolt into the recessed nut all the way. I can maybe get it 25% in. Is this normal? It seems like something is not aligned properly. Threads look ok.

image-2871858543.jpg

Thats as tight as i could get with my hands but its all the way through
Ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #45

XLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the worldXLT_66 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 359 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
Hey there @moonrider_99;

Could you screw the bolt in with the mount out of the car? I suppose there is a possibility that the nut was pressed in a bit crooked. Usually you can straighten it out by torquing the bolt down to draw the nut in straight.

If it wont' do that, let me know via PM and I'll get a new mount out to you ASAP.

So sorry for the issue!

Edit: Sorry! I thought I was logged in with my Evan@COBB account. Please send a PM to Evan@COBB if you can't get the nut drawn in straight. If it won't, I'll throw the bad mount at the warehouse clerk's head for screwing it up!

SOLD!

2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
XLT_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #46

moonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by XLT_66 View Post
Hey there @moonrider_99;

Could you screw the bolt in with the mount out of the car? I suppose there is a possibility that the nut was pressed in a bit crooked. Usually you can straighten it out by torquing the bolt down to draw the nut in straight.

If it wont' do that, let me know via PM and I'll get a new mount out to you ASAP.

So sorry for the issue!

Edit: Sorry! I thought I was logged in with my Evan@COBB account. Please send a PM to Evan@COBB if you can't get the nut drawn in straight. If it won't, I'll throw the bad mount at the warehouse clerk's head for screwing it up!
Thank you for the follow up. I did not try to torque it because I did not want to ruin the threads. Here are the pics. The strange thing is that from the "opposite/wrong" side it goes through the nut no problem so it looks like either the nut or the other hole is not aligned when bolt is inserted the correct way.

Won't go more than this, barely catching the nut on the other side.

Can't see very well but the bolt is barely in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Screw it directly into the bolt from the opposite side, no problemo.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12

Last edited by moonrider_99; 04-09-2013 at 03:42 PM.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #47

jrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 17 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had mine installed today. You can really feel the mount while the car is cranking on a cold start but I'm sure it will break in a bit and calm down. I remember a similar feeling when I had an Ingalls engine torque damper on my last car.

You can also feel the mount when blipping the throttle at a stop but once on the move and the mount has some load on it, there aren't really any vibrations. Past maybe 1200-1500 rpm it's not noticeable.

Wheel hop and torque steer are much improved too...right now I have about 22,300 miles on the car so we'll see how long the break in takes. This weekend I'm goin to NY for a few days so that will be an easy 400 mile round trip.

One note, my installer told me that the vertical bolt was a bit cross threaded and he didn't like how it came out. Possibly a factory error? Or maybe from the dealer last year when I was chasing a small knock over bumps? They told me they tightened everything up (ugh dealers).

So, he re-tapped the threads and put in a new bolt, torqued to spec and assures me all is well. I suppose if they made a mistake, he wouldn't have said anything...

Liquid Silver 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Tech Package
Cobb: AP, SRI & RMM
Corksport: TIP, TMIC, RP,SSP
Autotech Internals
Bilstein PSS Coilovers
SPC Rear Camber Arms
JBR RSB
Gram Lights 57F - 18x8.5 +45

Rfinkle2 tuned @21psi
jrotaryb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #48

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,868 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jrotaryb View Post
I had mine installed today. You can really feel the mount while the car is cranking on a cold start but I'm sure it will break in a bit and calm down. I remember a similar feeling when I had an Ingalls engine torque damper on my last car.

You can also feel the mount when blipping the throttle at a stop but once on the move and the mount has some load on it, there aren't really any vibrations. Past maybe 1200-1500 rpm it's not noticeable.

Wheel hop and torque steer are much improved too...right now I have about 22,300 miles on the car so we'll see how long the break in takes. This weekend I'm goin to NY for a few days so that will be an easy 400 mile round trip.

One note, my installer told me that the vertical bolt was a bit cross threaded and he didn't like how it came out. Possibly a factory error? Or maybe from the dealer last year when I was chasing a small knock over bumps? They told me they tightened everything up (ugh dealers).

So, he re-tapped the threads and put in a new bolt, torqued to spec and assures me all is well. I suppose if they made a mistake, he wouldn't have said anything...
I would get a torque wrench down there and check it yourself. Mine stripped out and I had to install a helical because the threads were destroyed.

Sent via stocked out for a while ...

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #49

jrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the worldjrotaryb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put 600 miles on the mount with our little trip and its definitely calmed down since the first drive. Other than this trip, I really don't drive much...I will have them double check the torque on my next oil change in a couple of months or if I hear any noise. Again, they could have said nothing to me so I think all is fine.

Autotech Internals
Bilstein PSS Coilovers
SPC Rear Camber Arms
JBR RSB

Rfinkle2 tuned @21psi
 Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #50

Dablin is a name known to allDablin is a name known to allDablin is a name known to allDablin is a name known to allDablin is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

picked mine up saturday at cobb-socal, installed mines on sunday. so far the vibe that initially were present at the beginning are gone now only after 3ish days. I did my 1st launch/pull, fukin tits lol. took a couple turns, almost no wheel hop, I also noticed my clutch got stiffer?
great product cobb!
Dablin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #51

Not Ranked  0 score     

Update - 6 months and about 5000 miles on the mount with no problems to speak of. I've had one oil change since installation (late July) and asked the shop to inspect/check torque...all was ok.

Vibration is non-existent now and still no wheel hop. Another oil change is coming up so I'll have it checked again...

Autotech Internals
Bilstein PSS Coilovers
SPC Rear Camber Arms
JBR RSB

Rfinkle2 tuned @21psi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrotaryb For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (10-22-2013), KCi (10-24-2013), wishmaster (10-23-2013)
 Old 11-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #52

darkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the world
Groans: 26
Groaned at 13 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread. But has anyone had problems with the top bushing seperating from the mount? It happened to me about a month ago after a few hard launches at the drag strip. I took it out smacked the bushing back into the mount flush and reinstalled. I was under my car last night and noticed it seperated again. I got about 8,500 miles on the mount and I got a heavy foot. Ive torqued the mount to 75ftlbs and used blue loctite.
 Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Master of Hard Parts

Evan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,236 Times in 198 Posts
Groaned at 8 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darkstar5440 View Post
Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread. But has anyone had problems with the top bushing seperating from the mount? It happened to me about a month ago after a few hard launches at the drag strip. I took it out smacked the bushing back into the mount flush and reinstalled. I was under my car last night and noticed it seperated again. I got about 8,500 miles on the mount and I got a heavy foot. Ive torqued the mount to 75ftlbs and used blue loctite.
Can you snap me a picture? How far is it separated? The mount should be sandwiched in the subframe so I'm thinking the amount is very small? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hard Parts Engineer - Mazda Expert Group
2009 MS3 Sport - Built Motor//Twinscroll 35R//Everything Else - SOLD!
2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 - Current Daily Until Next Turbo Car
Evan@COBB is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #54

darkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the worlddarkstar5440 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just took it out and smacked it flush again, it seems like the center piece is raised a tad higher than the outer bushing and it works its way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 11-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #55

Not Ranked  0 score     

So is this normal @Evan@COBB; ?
 Old 11-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #56
Master of Hard Parts

Evan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the worldEvan@COBB is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the first I've seen a vehicle that has that kind of room for it to dislodge like that. Let me see it tomorrow when I'm back at a computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Evan@COBB For This Useful Post:
darkstar5440 (11-25-2013)
 Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

The center bushing is taller than the outer bushing. The center bushing fits snug when I slide the mount into the subframe, after I drive the car the outer bushing seems to work it's way out to the height of the center bushing. I would think both bushings should be the same height? @Evan@COBB;

I'm going to take it out again tomorrow and take a look at it, something is def wrong...this shouldnt be happening. Hopefully its a faulty part and not my subframe fucked up.
 Old 11-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #58

Not Ranked  0 score     

Although this is what it looked like when I first got it and the center bushing is taller than the outer one so something went wrong...like I said I'm gonna take it out again tomorrow and investigate

Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #59

El_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 769
Groaned at 46 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Me tinks u haz shrinkage....
2011 Mazdaspeed 3- AccessPORT V2, Autotech HPFP Internals, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 3" Catless Downpipe, CPE Stage 2 RMM, CPE TMM, Custom Saikou Michi OCC, CXR FMIC, Devils Own DVC-30, Forge V2 BPV, 3.5" HTP Intake, JBR TIG's, MME Shifter Bushings, NGK LTR7IX-11's, PNP Intake, SPEEDPERF6MANC3 Valve Cover Breather

2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #3142- Stock, but not for long.

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. ~ Thomas Jefferson
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
Me tinks u haz shrinkage....
Elaborate please...me and Evan are trying to figure out why this would possibly happen.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #61

El_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the worldEl_Diablo is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 769
Groaned at 46 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Temps are getting colder. Different materials or even durometers of the same material will expand and contract at different rates. Think of what happens to your pee-pee when it gets cold. It braves it at first while the boys run and hide.

2011 Mazdaspeed 3- AccessPORT V2, Autotech HPFP Internals, 3 Bar MAP Sensor, 3" Catless Downpipe, CPE Stage 2 RMM, CPE TMM, Custom Saikou Michi OCC, CXR FMIC, Devils Own DVC-30, Forge V2 BPV, 3.5" HTP Intake, JBR TIG's, MME Shifter Bushings, NGK LTR7IX-11's, PNP Intake, SPEEDPERF6MANC3 Valve Cover Breather

2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #3142- Stock, but not for long.

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. ~ Thomas Jefferson
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El_Diablo For This Useful Post:
WetzMS3 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #62

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Evan@COBB; what you think? It has been in the 20's here in NJ and that night I was at the track it was in the 40's. This would be the first test in cold weather for this mount right? It was released in the spring?

Koke382 (11-27-2013), WetzMS3 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #63

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did an oil change amoung other things today and decided to take a look at my Cobb RMM. I have the same issue it looks like. I didn't remove it, so the pictures are kinda shitty.

It has also been fairly cold here lately. I have also notice more vibrations than a month or two ago.

Is there any word on a resolution or the cause of this?

@Evan@COBB?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (1.40 MB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (1.69 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (1.41 MB, 34 views)

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WetzMS3 For This Useful Post:
darkstar5440 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #64

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well that's comforting knowing I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm debating wether or not I should make the switch to jbr. Cobbs customer service has always been outstanding, I have to say that.
@Evan@COBB; what are your thoughts on the bushing wearing out prematurely?

WetzMS3 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #65

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well that's comforting knowing I'm not the only one this has happened to. I'm debating wether or not I should make the switch to jbr. Cobbs customer service has always been outstanding, I have to say that.
@Evan@COBB; what are your thoughts on the bushing wearing out prematurely?

You're not the only one @darkstar5440. And thanks for addressing it here. I may not have paid much attention to it without your heads up. I really liked the mount until a few weeks ago when it got rougher in some conditions, and this likely happened. I am hoping we got bad apples, and this will not be a common issue. But I'm not sure where my confidence in that is yet.

I know John, @Chuthor, runs the same mount, in similar weather to me. I'd be curious if he has taken a look at his recently and seen any issues. I do drive it really aggressively, and it's seen a lot of pulls in the few months its been in.

Any word from Cobb about a resolution? I'm not sure if it's better to run this mount like this, or the stock until I replace it, and I would rather not have to buy a new one.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
 Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #66

Not Ranked  0 score     

Me and @Evan@COBB; have exchanged several private messages. I had supplied him with detailed pictures of the mount installed, disassembled, just the pin in the subframe housing, and the pin with the bushings in the housing. My pin fits nice and snug there def is no excessive room like he thought there was.

He told me out of the 850+ mounts they have sold I am the only person to have this problem and he has never seen anything like it. He told me he thinks it doesn't interfere with the way the mount was designed to work, even though the top bushing has become dislodged significantly. He asked for my thoughts and I am curious if the mount will fail later on down the road. He also offered me a full refund and no exchange he seems to think mine is not defective.....I have yet to hear back from him

WetzMS3 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #67

Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting. I sent him a pm before that last post.

I have noticed a difference in feel. So it is not working the way it was intended to, or did for a few months prior in the very least.

I'm glad to hear that so many have been sold with so few issues. I would prefer to run this mount over a rougher similar preforming mount.

Maybe others with the mount can check theirs and chime in. If the separation is as rare as it sounds, seems like our mounts are failing, or will fail.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
The Following User Says Thank You to WetzMS3 For This Useful Post:
darkstar5440 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #68

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Sneak Peek: COBB Tuning Rear Motor Mount

I would imagine we can't be the only ones, I'm always checking over everything on my car. I first noticed it in October after like 20 pulls at the drag strip. On one of the pulls I had a rough launch and popped the hood, assuming my intercooler hit the hood and popped it.

That prompted me to jack the car up the next day and check everything out. That's when I noticed the mount dislodged. I smacked it back flushed and thought nothing of it. I got back underneath the car about a month later and it was dislodged again. That's when I brought this issue to cobbs attention. I once again pulled it out and smacked it flush, drove it for a day and got underneath the car again to find out it dislodged yet again within a very short period of time. I also drive my shit wreckless on a daily basis

Although its very hard for me to say I've noticed a difference in drive ability since I really have no clue when the mount initially dislodged itself.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #69

Chuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the worldChuthor is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm I thought mine got a little rougher, but not enough to bother me to actually go look. I don't have a garage or anything so popping it up to take a look isn't the easiest for me, but I'll try to take a look at mine the next opportunity I get.
darkstar5440 (11-30-2013), WetzMS3 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #70

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks @Chuthor

Perhaps we need to start another thread to get this the proper attention.

I don't expect much response during the weekend, but the thread title is not relevant to this issue. There may be other people with the problem, who won;t read this thread because of it's title.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WetzMS3 For This Useful Post:
Chuthor (11-30-2013), darkstar5440 (11-30-2013)
 Old 11-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #71

Not Ranked  0 score     

@WetzMS3; good idea, don't ask me I has the worst grammar. Lol I will contribute tho

Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #72

Not Ranked  0 score     

@WetzMS3; good idea, don't ask me I has the worst grammar. Lol I will contribute tho

Cobb RMM Problems

@darkstar5440 Please throw your .02 in!

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
 Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #73
Master of Hard Parts

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No worries, guys! You have my attention! I'll be working to come up with something for you guys to test out for me.

The test mule for this mount has been my own personal car. Built motor and a GT35R put more stress on this mount than must can make happen but I also don't do 20 pulls at the strip.

Do you guys have any other of the mounts upgraded as well? In all reality, if your dragging your car, you'll need more than just the one mount.

Stay tuned while I come up with something.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Evan@COBB For This Useful Post:
Agent_Orange (12-01-2013), darkstar5440 (12-01-2013), El_Diablo (12-02-2013), WetzMS3 (12-01-2013)
 Old 12-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #74

Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome!

I wasn't fully mounted when I ran at the strip last month. Three weeks ago I installed jbr TMM and PMM and the bushing is still pushing out.

Sub'd

Thanks, @Evan@COBB;

WetzMS3 (12-01-2013)
 Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #75

Not Ranked  0 score     

I am not fully mounted either. But I also am not running from a dig at the strip yet.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
 Old 04-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #76

RedMS3 will become famous soon enoughRedMS3 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like it...!
RedMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote