register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default can bus communication issues ?

Does anyone have ever experienced this on a 2010 cx7 ? I'm not sure if it is related to obd2 dongle connection into the communication port or not but this happened few times in the last year.
1-I lauched very hard on a green light and suddently manny lights on the dash came on. Pulled aside and check for any issues....everything looks fine but some TCS lights stay on with brakes light etc. Flashers don't works but everything else works fine.

Cannot reset the code with code reader. Disconnect battery and make a TSC calibration by turning sterring in both way as stated in the manual. Went fine and flashers start working fine again once the code cleared...

2-Connected the dungle, went into a car wash and drive it slowly to a friends house but 2min before being there, the same issue happened. Did the same remedy to solve it.

3-Nothing connected into the obd port that time but passanger belt wasn't buckled with someone on the seat. As long as the seat belt wasn't inserted in the lock, the car flasher doen't want to work and once the seat belt get correctly inserted and locked, the flasher just works again fine!!!

Any idea ?

BTW The dongle used works perfectly fine on my speed3 2007 without making any issues.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #2

torquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dont know if this is helpful but the TCS, ABS and e-brake light comes on when I disable the TCS (fuse bypass)...

I also have some weird electrical issue with my CX-7...my headlights will not automatically turn ON...I have to turn them ON manually!?
Ported Holset HY35 // Custom top mount EM // Tial MV-S 38mm // Custom DP and catback // L2A intercooler // Perrin MBC // 3.25 Blow-thru MAF // Aquamist HFS-4 v.2 direct port injection // Eagle rods // Supertech 4032 pistons // Forge BPV v.2 // Perrin air/oil separator // Autotech HPFP // Custom RMM insert // TB coolant bypass // Full EGR delete // 3.5 bar MAP // Launch control with anti-lag // Derale remote transmission cooler // Upgraded transmission boost valve // Shimmed transmission accumulators // Adjusted transmission clutch control valve // Digital overboost protection system // Custom firewall heatshield // JKS rear spoiler // Painted VC and IM // BSD // Custom vent pod with boost and meth gauge // Tuned with Versatuner

Coming soon : Composite ram-air intake // Hood with heat extraction vent

"When the turbo spins the bull$hit ends" BOOST the replacement for displacement
torquemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

Pipes is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Same issue

I had been using a bluetooth OBDII dongle on my CX-7. I was at the shops and started the car up ABS, 4WD and TSC lights on the dash, shifted hard in and out of reverse and drive. Seemed to really struggle to drive. 2 lights later AT light came on and had no response from the engine. It didn't stall but when I hit the gas no response. Shut the car off (girlfriend freaking out in the passenger seat), removed dongle and its run fine ever since. I'm praying it was the dongle and not the start of something serious with my AWD system or transmission.
Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #4

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

all the manny computers inside communicate toghether on the bus and i read about some report of cheap dongle making that kind of communication issues...

i avoid to connect it on the cx7. Everything is oem on it...If there is no CEL, it is useless. I was looking to make a boost gage at first but with the risks, i won't use it.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote