register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #41

blackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, when I placed it it seemed to rotate itself back. I could never get it to "lock" in.

Just left dealership. They only had one of the crank gear washers and gave me fords part number. They wont have more until Tuesday, fml. Lol so you say I need there of these friction washers, not two?
blackbalts is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #42

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,747 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 123 Times in 84 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blackbalts View Post
Yeah, when I placed it it seemed to rotate itself back. I could never get it to "lock" in.

Just left dealership. They only had one of the crank gear washers and gave me fords part number. They wont have more until Tuesday, fml. Lol so you say I need there of these friction washers, not two?
2 of them to do timing chain. 3 if you remove the oil pump sprocket. You will also need 1 cam friction washer.
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #43

blackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to beholdblackbalts is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

This will be my go to mazda forum from now on. You guys are great! Not too many out there this friendly, helpful and responsive.

Originally Posted by Gr8Speed View Post
2 of them to do timing chain. 3 if you remove the oil pump sprocket. You will also need 1 cam friction washer.
Ok. Got my hands on a second for the crank gear. I am not removing oil pump sprocket. I also got two for the vvt, but sounds like I will only need the one. I have a quick meet now, but will resume shortly. Hopefully no more questions!

Last edited by blackbalts; 12-05-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackbalts For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (12-05-2014), jeopardy98 (12-05-2014), UnknownSuperhero (12-05-2014)
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #44

Gr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the worldGr8Speed is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

This will be my go to mazda forum from now on. You guys are great! Not too many out there this friendly, helpful and responsive.
We're normally assholes. You just seem like a decent guy that isn't pants on head retarded asking what BOV is the best so we're being nice haha. Also VVT is a bitch to do yourself so I commend your efforts.
frothy (12-05-2014), jeopardy98 (12-05-2014), mr.speedy3 (12-06-2014), UnknownSuperhero (12-05-2014)
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #45

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The friction washer on the oil pump sprocket is a bitch to replace, so most skip it. You should be fine leaving it as is. Definitely replace the other two.

If you loosen JUST the intake camshaft, you'll be fine with the one camshaft washer. If you loosen the exhaust side as well, you'll need a second. I loosened the exhaust side when I did mine, so I needed 2.
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol, right on. Well I moderate a cobalt forum and frequent an evo one so I understand the issues with people on forums and what to and not to ask! Definitely not my first timing job, just new to the keyless timing craziness!

And a synapse bov is the only answer to that question lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbalts For This Useful Post:
frothy (12-05-2014)
 Old 12-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #47

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

And a synapse bov is the only answer to that question lol.
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frothy For This Useful Post:
ALPINEST4RS (12-05-2014)
 Old 12-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

Quick update. Everything went together easily and a couple cranks and no cylinder/valve connection. Serp belt wasnt right size so waiting until tomorrow to finish and start. My only criticism so far for the how to is removal of coolant tank and power steer fluid resivoir is an unecessary step as well as seperating fuel pump. I'll post results tomorrow when I start it up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbalts For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (12-06-2014), jeopardy98 (12-06-2014)
 Old 12-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #49

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, it hasn't blown up yet! TC light is flashing at me so I must not have connected one of the connectors, wife isnt cool with it staying like that but i am, more fun that way. Otherwise thank you all for your help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbalts For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (12-06-2014), jeopardy98 (12-06-2014)
 Old 12-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, so TC OFF light will illuminate if the battery is replaced. After driving for three seconds it turns off. The TDC light is still illuminated and I heard there was a hard reset for this. I will update when I find it.

One more criticism of the how-to. It is unnecessary to remove the airbox. So that the PS resivoir and the coolant tank removal is unnecessary. Also, it doesn't refer to installing the 6mmx1.00 bolt when removing the crank pulley at first. Otherwise it's a great guide.
 Old 12-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #51

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is the fix after replacing the battery for windows (my passenger side needed this) and the DSC (what I referred to as TDC above).

Disconnected battery on your CX-7 and now the passenger window will not work? TCS land DSC lights on too? Read here!
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbalts For This Useful Post:
Gr8Speed (12-06-2014)
 Old 12-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is the fix after replacing the battery for windows (my passenger side needed this) and the DSC (what I referred to as TDC above).

Disconnected battery on your CX-7 and now the passenger window will not work? TCS land DSC lights on too? Read here!
Ahhh the window problem. Yeah no biggie. Congrats on getting the job done.