register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #1

RiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Knocking sound w/ video...

Hey guys, been having this problem for a while but been getting worse/louder. It will go away (barley audible) SOMETIMES after a long warm up, or driving for a few miles or so. Its louder when driving then it is in neutral. Now the sound is there more then not... Opposite of a month or so ago.

Couldnt really find the exact issue on here...Sorry if Ive missed it.

THANKS!!!

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...8-10-35-15.mp4

Last edited by RiceBurn2.3T; 03-08-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added link
RiceBurn2.3T is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #2

Novej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the worldNovej is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude if you can feel the engine vibrating, and your hearing it make a knocking noise, don't rev it OR EVEN RUN IT anymore (i understand you did that to create your video).......and get it towed to your dealership ASAP........At first I thought maybe that was just your tensioner making that sound (mine did the same thing) HOWEVER, you said you feel the engine vibrating too....yeah shut it down and get it towed in immediately!!!! DO NOT RUN IT ANYMORE!!!!

Of all the military achievements I've accomplished my first 10 years of service (made MSGT/E-7 at age 29), the one that makes me most proud is simply being able to serve my country during her darkest hour...NEVER FORGET those who made the ultimate sacrifice doing the same....I SALUTE ALL OUR FALLEN
Novej is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novej For This Useful Post:
ELiTeNeSs (03-08-2011), Raider (03-08-2011), RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #3

edwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Agreed
edwhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #4

RiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to beholdRiceBurn2.3T is a splendid one to behold
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. Does anybody know what the problem could be exactly?
 Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,915 Times in 7,770 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bet its your tensioner. If you car has sat for a long time, and developed a warp in the accessory belt, it can pull the tensioner in and out each time it passes. Try watching it while it makes the noise.

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
Raider (03-08-2011), RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #6

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 987 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

take you oil cap off and stick your finger in there and see if you can feel slack in the chain. I bet that is were your noise is. This is the TIMING CHAIN tensioner not to mistaken for the belt tensioner. you can also look inside of your valve cover just above where the chain is and see where it was hitting the cover..

If you were to pull your valve cover off it may look like this

VIDEO....
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtrmile beast For This Useful Post:
Raider (03-08-2011), RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ Also a good possibility

For the accessory belt, you could put a mark on it with a mark, and if that mark is in rhythm with the noise, it's the belt tensioner. If not, try the chain tensioner.
lvdukerider likes this.

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.

www.permtuning.com
The Following User Says Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, you guys are awesome!! Way better then other forums!

Ill deff. check that out. What might explain the vibrating? I can really feel it most of the time its idling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiceBurn2.3T For This Useful Post:
Alpha (05-17-2011), BrianZX10R (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well... like others before charles and i posted suggested.... it could be a bent rod.

Does your clutch pedal pulsate / vibrate when you just barely push it in (right when it begins to engage)? If so, turn the car off and do like the others suggested... tow it to the dealer.

www.permtuning.com
The Following User Says Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #10

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have multiple mounts on my car so my car vibrates to hell so if you are one those that can FEEL the slightest vibration then i could not help you with that one sorry.... do you have an aftermarket mount? maybe your car is idling low? not sure?
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
 Old 03-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #11

Amazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,174 Times in 931 Posts
Groans: 214
Groaned at 114 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think there is something wrong with this car
RiceBurn2.3T likes this.

Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amazon For This Useful Post:
RiceBurn2.3T (03-08-2011), ScarMS3 (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #12

ScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You hit the proverbial nail on the head with that comment amazon
ScarMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScarMS3 For This Useful Post:
Amazon (03-09-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Vibes, motor mounts. Passenger Sid have brown shit on the frame below it? It so it's bad. Rear might be torn too. The rest, chain is what I heard.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
RiceBurn2.3T (03-09-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
Well... like others before charles and i posted suggested.... it could be a bent rod.

Does your clutch pedal pulsate / vibrate when you just barely push it in (right when it begins to engage)? If so, turn the car off and do like the others suggested... tow it to the dealer.
A rod was my first thought but I kinda decided to go 'selective thinking' on that one till we eliminate ALL other possibilities
My trans is auto...
 Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #15

kabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,027 Times in 390 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So my car sounds exactly like this. I didn't notice it until I put in my TRZ tranny mount so I didn't really think much of it at first, but it has been getting louder. I just went out into the garage and stuck my finger in the oil cap and there is quite a bit of slack on the chain. Maybe just shy of the amount of slack in the video, but still a noticeable amount.

I'll take it in to the dealer if it needs looked at. How tight should it be?
2012 CWP MS3: Tuned by Phate - 50/50 E85 | Cobb AP | SURE Intake, TIP | Corksport Racepipe, TMM Inserts | ITV22's | AT Intl's | ACT Sprung 6Puck & Prolite Flywheel | CP-E Stg2 RMM | JBR SSB, EGR Plate
2008 Silver MS3: Sold
kabobulate is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #16

ScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kabobulate View Post
I didn't notice it until I put it in my trannyI just went out into the garage and stuck my finger In.How tight should it be?
Fixed it for you
ScarMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScarMS3 For This Useful Post:
2007speed3 (03-28-2011), asall667 (08-03-2011), kabobulate (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by qtrmile beast View Post
i have multiple mounts on my car so my car vibrates to hell so if you are one those that can FEEL the slightest vibration then i could not help you with that one sorry.... do you have an aftermarket mount? maybe your car is idling low? not sure?
I dont think I have any after market mounts. It might be idling a bit low, Ill check.

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Vibes, motor mounts. Passenger Sid have brown shit on the frame below it? It so it's bad. Rear might be torn too. The rest, chain is what I heard.
A bit, thanks.

Last edited by RiceBurn2.3T; 03-09-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #18
Captain

Not Ranked  0 score     

So my car sounds exactly like this. I didn't notice it until I put in my TRZ tranny mount so I didn't really think much of it at first, but it has been getting louder. I just went out into the garage and stuck my finger in the oil cap and there is quite a bit of slack on the chain. Maybe just shy of the amount of slack in the video, but still a noticeable amount.

I'll take it in to the dealer if it needs looked at. How tight should it be?
The chain tensioner uses oil pressure to tighten. So it's best to check it when the car is warm. If it's still loose, then you have a problem.

Originally Posted by RiceBurn2.3T View Post
A rod was my first thought but I kinda decided to go 'selective thinking' on that one till we eliminate ALL other possibilities
My trans is auto...
Oh snaps... didn't even know what forum i was in lol. GL and keep us posted with what you find.

www.permtuning.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djuosnteisn For This Useful Post:
4G63 (03-19-2011), kabobulate (03-09-2011)
 Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for the rotated video....but no oil in the motor and the chain stays tight.. But DJ is right when the VVT changes timing with oil pressure also the tensioner uses oil to push the pin out to keep the tension on the chain.. when the vvt rotates to advance or retard timing this is when the chain is loosening and tightening but the deflection is very minimal..

This is freshly built motor with all new parts that i was about to install...

track weight 3220
street weight 3370
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtrmile beast For This Useful Post:
djuosnteisn (03-09-2011), kabobulate (03-09-2011)
 Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #20

kabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the worldkabobulate is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,027 Times in 390 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djuosnteisn View Post
The chain tensioner uses oil pressure to tighten. So it's best to check it when the car is warm. If it's still loose, then you have a problem.
I checked when it was warm and it is tight. Thanks for the info. OP can have the thread back.
2012 CWP MS3: Tuned by Phate - 50/50 E85 | Cobb AP | SURE Intake, TIP | Corksport Racepipe, TMM Inserts | ITV22's | AT Intl's | ACT Sprung 6Puck & Prolite Flywheel | CP-E Stg2 RMM | JBR SSB, EGR Plate
2008 Silver MS3: Sold
kabobulate is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

I checked when it was warm and it is tight. Thanks for the info. OP can have the thread back.
What you might want to do is take the valve cover off and check to see if the chain was hitting the cover or not this will let you know that the chain is tooo loose or not. The chain will get loose and tight due to oil pressure and also the VVT rotating to change timing. You just want to check the deflection of the chain to see if that looseness is tooo loose or not..
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
 Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #22

edwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to alledwhayes is a name known to all
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

The chain should NOT get looser & tighter because of the VVT. The tensioner will or is supposed to keep a constant tension to the chain and has nothing to do with the VVt mechanism.
edwhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #23
Banned

Ascend can only hope to improve
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

When my motor mounts went it started sounding like this, but my AC went at the same time so I don't know which was actually making the noise.
Ascend is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #24

mikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got some engine vibration too. The timing chain tension was fine, turns out it was a the bearings on the crankshaft and a crankshaft walk.
 Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #25

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The noise could be the belt pensioners as dj and others said and the vibration can be the elastometer balancer is separating which will damage the tensioner and vibrate the veh as well.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys, sorry took so long. I've been super busy.

I pulled the valve cover and found that the timing chain IS loose. The funny thing is, I cant find a mark where the chain should be hitting the cover, creating the knocking sound. Is that the only spot it would hit to make that knocking sound? I really hope this is the only problem. Thanks guys!

Sorry, my friend kept talking during the video and I got a text lol.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...imingchain.mp4

Last edited by RiceBurn2.3T; 03-26-2011 at 03:00 PM.
 Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im shopping around for parts. Wont be able to buy them till maybe Wednesday. Found a chain for $30 and a tensioner for around the same. Do you guys recommend any brand, or somewhere to get it?

Tensioner...
2010 MAZDA CX-7 SPORT Engine Timing Chain Tensioner

Timing chain...
http://www.partswebsite.com/mazdapar...magecallout=16

Do you guys approve?!
THANKS!!
 Old 03-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

aaahh...Anyone home?

Gotta order the parts but I want to know if these are good reliable stuff.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by RiceBurn2.3T; 04-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.
 Old 04-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 04-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #31
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dude, I am so sorry! I thought i posted. There is a thread in the ms3 section where someone replaced the chain. There is a specific tool needed to keep shot lined up. Search for that thread and I will also check in the morning.

Did you ever look at the passenger side motor mount? $10 donation to the forum will get you access to the tech manuals for the speed 3 which crosses over.

I just watched your video, and that is loose!!!

Last edited by Raider; 04-20-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
RiceBurn2.3T (04-23-2011)
 Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #32
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Found the thread:
Replacing timing chain

Full of info for you!
RiceBurn2.3T (04-23-2011)
 Old 04-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks man! I thought you guys where ignoring me because I never donated yet, haha. I will donate but we are seriously tight with money right now. This car is draining me. On top of the timing chain issue, the ac went out and its getting hot, and the suspension is being weird. But I will definitely donate at least the minimum asap.

So what do you think of the parts Ive found?
 Old 04-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #34
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

I buy my oem parts from onlinemazdaparts.com. Check them out!
 Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dont know if I trust the OE parts after experiencing and hearing about so many problems so soon with them.
 Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #36
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

aftermarket can be sketchy though. Some cheap parts sites might be as trusting as the ebay turbonator.
 Old 05-10-2011, 03:40 AM   #37
The Angry Goose

Hectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,051 Times in 583 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like I might be dealing with this sooner than later!

I have to do some more investigating later.

2014 Mazda 3

2008 Mazdaspeed3-SOLD

1979 Mazda Rx7
Hectik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #38
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would be taking the valve cover off ASAP before driving it again, then. Otherwise, I expect a how-to on CX-7 motor replacement if it blows.
 Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
The Angry Goose

Hectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the worldHectik1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,051 Times in 583 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Right now I am leaning torwards something else. Don't hear it while cruising, etc. Time for more investigation.

2014 Mazda 3

2008 Mazdaspeed3-SOLD

1979 Mazda Rx7
Hectik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #40
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Passenger motor mount is always suspect. Look for signs it crapped itself. Brown liquid all around and below it.
Rotareez (02-27-2018)