register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
Jym

Jym has a spectacular aura aboutJym has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default No sound when engaging turn signals or blinkers?

Hi guys,

I just bougth a new (for me) 2008 CX7 GT, I just noticed that there is no "ticking" or "clicking" sound while activating the turn signals or blinkers, the bulbs do turn on, just there is no sound.

Any ideas about where or what to start looking in order to fix this? I searchd but found nothing...

Thanks!

Jym
Jym is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,881 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

from my understanding of how those work on older cars the lil relay click on and off and thats what u hear... are they just constantly on? or still blinks and no clicking? cuz the clicking on older cars came from the relay making contact and releasing making this clicking sound....now who the fuck knows , prolly comes through your radio speaker just to make u think its clicking lol

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Jym

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi there Lenny127, answering your question it does blink normally, both when engaging the turn signals and when hitting the hazards, withouy any souund whatsoever.
 Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,881 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

interesting, then its not like older cars.......who knows.... no clue then.

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #5

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my 2010 speed 3 does same. blinkers work normal, with no sound. i also thought it was weird but i'm glad they don't make noise.
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #6

Black(M) has a spectacular aura aboutBlack(M) has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^yep, don't see how this is a bad thing

I wouldn't mind if there was a way to turn off the sound on the turn signals
Black(M) is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #7
Banned

gtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,300 Times in 710 Posts
Groans: 444
Groaned at 154 Times in 97 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm suprised no1 has even thought of this yet

its obvious your blinker fluid is low and you need to top that off

the blinker fluid keeps a constant pressure on the relay for your blinker -- if there isnt enough fluid in your resevour, there wont be enough PSI to hold the relay in place -- hence your blinker not making any sound

if you look in your engine bay, the filler cap is in front of the windshield washer fluid
gtarman77787 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtarman77787 For This Useful Post:
lyonsroar (01-24-2011), Raider (01-24-2011), sellers (01-25-2011)
 Old 01-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #8

neotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the worldneotide87 is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do u have your seat belt on? I know when I first get in my car and want to signal to turn there is no noise until I get seat belt on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #9

ottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on the blinker fluid. in the front next to the xenon gas gauge.

ottoblotto is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #10

mikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to beholdmikomi is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Blinker Fluid [BF-01] - $8.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!
mikomi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikomi For This Useful Post:
gtarman77787 (01-24-2011), sellers (01-25-2011)
 Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #11

Smileyswiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by neotide87 View Post
Do u have your seat belt on? I know when I first get in my car and want to signal to turn there is no noise until I get seat belt on
I noticed the same thing. The blinker clicker doesn't tick while the seat belt beeper is dinging.
Smileyswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
Jym

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I checked the fluid, it is all the way to the top, the previous owner said that he had it flushed some months ago and used top of the line unobtanium based premium ultra expensive fluid... So no worries there...

Now that some of you guys mentioned it, I am not getting a seat belt chime either, maybe the same "speaker" plays both sounds? That would explain why some of you guys don't get the blinker's sound while the seat belt one is playing...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jym For This Useful Post:
gtarman77787 (01-25-2011), Raider (01-24-2011), sellers (01-25-2011)
 Old 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #13

thejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also, when you first buy a Mazda, there is an option to turn off the blinker noises, and certain other options (interior lights on 5,7,15 seconds after ignition off, etc) that the Dealership can change for you. Might have been muted for you?! Mine clicks in my '10 MS3.
thejackel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
Jym

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That sounds fairly reasonable, agains all my instincts I may have to drop by a dealership...

Thanks
 Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #15

ottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

bs aside, the click noise is the relay engaging. maybe there is a new style relay? odd that your seatbelt doesnt chime. put a heavy backpack in the passenger seat and drive. should bing after a few seconds along with the light on the dash.

ottoblotto is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #16

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, so i was wrong. My blinkers do click, just seems that they are not very loud, and as a few others have said, they are not audible when you are not wearing seatbelt.
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #17
Banned

gtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the worldgtarman77787 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,300 Times in 710 Posts
Groans: 444
Groaned at 154 Times in 97 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jym View Post
I checked the fluid, it is all the way to the top, the previous owner said that he had it flushed some months ago and used top of the line unobtanium based premium ultra expensive fluid... So no worries there...

Now that some of you guys mentioned it, I am not getting a seat belt chime either, maybe the same "speaker" plays both sounds? That would explain why some of you guys don't get the blinker's sound while the seat belt one is playing...
hahaha -- welcome to MSF -- i like you

as for your idea of just a single speaker that plays the two different sounds, i think that sounds more than feasable to be the case... or, as another member mentioned, apparently you can have it muted at the stealership
i wouldnt know because i have a gen1 -- but hopefully you get it figured out
i'd actually like to know what the problem was
gtarman77787 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I actually never knew you could mute the relay. That is a new one.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #19

pingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the worldpingaboo is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 30 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the manual says you can turn the blinker sound off, or decrease the volume. only dealer is able to do this for you, i assume they have to hook it up to a computer. anyone know how to do this yourself? i want to turn mine off.
pingaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #20

Swagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the worldSwagerwagon03 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys if you have the display in the dash where it tells you fuel milage and back up camera....there is a settings then there is actually a setting where you can turn blinker sound low high or off.....hope this helps...