register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-24-2010, 08:01 AM   #1

ottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default strange trans shifting pattern

for the past few weeks, post mods, i have noticed that the transmissions shifts in an odd way. it goes normal through the first four gears and then when it goes into fifth, it bogs then sounds like it goes back into fourth, revs high for a sec and once it speeds up, sounds like it drops back into fifth the entire time showing 5 on the display. i may have to vid it so you get a better idea, but it is annoying as hell. doesnt do it when im in manual, but i normally drive auto in the morning on the way to work so i can enjoy my coffee and such. is it possible the ecu and tcm are tied together and for some reason after mods and ecu reset something got jacked up??? how are they tied together if they are? any input would be great...

EDIT:
i have attached some vids so you see the pattern. one you can hear it well. this is just getting agitating and im finding myself driving in manual more and more often. is this what the tcm flash is for? i swear i got that resolved in Georgia, but the dealer couldve been blowing smoke...

Last edited by ottoblotto; 02-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
ottoblotto is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is a tsb for that, tcm reflash needed. Sucks, as you are going to run into issues getting it done there. Also, check levels. Flush every 40k miles, too.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #3

ottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond reputeottoblotto has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ya im only at 27k-ish. but i had that done back in savannah prior to moving overseas. im thinking its tied into the ecu and i may have to disconnect and do a reset again... maybe i forgot to do the pedal push last time... ill try that tonight.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

added videos.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #5

Zdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,432 Posts
Groans: 145
Groaned at 80 Times in 77 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

car is probably scared from all the death metal
AEM Meth Injection, Cobb AP, HTP 3' Intake, KMD interals, Shitty FMIC, JBR 88d RMM, JBR 88d TMM, JBR TIG's x2, JBR BSD, JBR Short THrow Shifter, JBR shifter bushings, Corksport License Plate Bracket, Forge BPV v1, ATP Downpipe, UR Straightpipe Beast Mod, Progress RSB, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Kosei K1-TS Gold 17x8,
E85 FREEKTUNE
Zdraveca is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zdraveca View Post
car is probably scared from all the death metal
WHAT?!? fuck no, just makes her go faster...