register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #1

mrbrace will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default U0073 U0101 P2187 Check Engine Light ??

I had to dealership do all the latest PCM flash updates to the Mazda CX-7 on Monday, it appeared that after that the check engine light disappeared and all was well. Running some errands later that day the light re-appearing and now getting the codes as listed above.

I know what the P2187 code is but now I need to determine if the high pressure fuel pump is messed up or if its something more simple than that. I had the dealership we bought it from run a smoke machine through the vacuum lines to see if there are any leaks and they could not find any.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, I am not sure what the other codes are related too.
mrbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #2

mrbrace will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So in more research I noticed last night I gunned the accelerator and the check engine light went off magically and has yet to return..I am thinking of cleaning the MAF sensor and the throttle body for a build up of gunk possibly causing the CEL to come on....stay tuned (no pun intended)
mrbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #3

Daniel Freeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default code u0073 and u0101

Hi, I'm new to the forums and have some questions but first let me say hello.

Hello!

I live in upstate New York and am on my 3rd Mazda. I've had great experiences with all three and owned one since 1998. I have a protege, had a mazda6 wagon that was a champ for our family and currently have a 2010 CX-9 that I loved right up until Friday. I've been watching the forums for a while and finally decided to join. Glad to be a part of it and hopefully I'll be an asset soon but I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit of a burden first, sorry bout that.

Sequence of events with the CX-9 goes like this:
- Was running flawlessly thursday, no issues.
- Had a state inspection done friday, passed emissions but failed for tie rod end.
- next day started seeing BSM off warning light flash.
- had the tie rod ends replaced and new sticker now in windshield.
- same day AT warning came on. Stuck in 3rd gear.
- wife limped the car home and when I went to investigate I couldn't reproduce the issue and the car ran fine.
- Next day go to head to work and AT light is on, Brake warning light is on, check engine light is on, TCS off is flashing, BSM off is flashing.
- CEL codes u0073, u0101, u1010, P0463 and 10 MIL codes, everything from catalyst, 02 sensor, evap misfire and more.
- enigine sounds fine though. purrs like a kitten.

Looks electrical to me. I assume not everything failed in one day. Looked through the forums but didn't see anything as extensive as this.

I'm Guessing but perhaps the BCM failed?
Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide.
Daniel Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #4

ProjectMS6 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Happened to me i cleaned maf and o2 and was good to go reset and go for a test drive
ProjectMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote