register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > Issues & Troubleshooting

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bzwyatt

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #1

bzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 35 Times in 14 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Warranty fix oil leaks?

So my car has had a leak for a long time, I don't really remember when I first noticed it during an oil change, maybe at 25k. It comes from the passenger side and runs down the side of the engine to the drain plug. It isn't enough to drip, but I don't like it and want it fixed.
I've thought about taking it to the dealer and finally asked the guy who has always helped me and been cool. He said they'd probably fix it under warranty. So I'm taking it in today, but I am worried (as usual) about what they will say. I don't want to pay them to look at it and say they aren't going to fix it. I don't want them to 'fix' it only to have more trouble later. Right now it's just a little leak that gets my engine dirty; what if they work on it and some real bad shit happens afterwards? I'm paranoid and I hate it!
You ever heard of a small leak getting fixed under warranty?
bzwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wonder where it is coming from. Oil return line to turbo=bad turbo seals possibly. That is powertrain.

Get an extended warranty before powertrain expires, is my advice. The VVT Actuator is $1200 to get done.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #3

bzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the worldbzwyatt is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, we'll see, just dropped it off. They replaced my turbo for smoking, not sure how many components are part of that procedure. I think it is likely to be part of the powertrain...

Another thing I don't like is that I put Pennzoil Ultra in my car last change, and was planning on doing an oil analysis the next time I drained it. If they fix it they might drain the oil, so I will lose my good oil and can't get a sample.
 Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #4

hung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond reputehung380 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just had mine done 3 weeks ago. It was leaking from the oil pan where transmission/clutch goes. Service guy said it was clutch residue so I ask to talk to Mazda tech and I asked him if clutch residue leaks like oil. Lol
Mazda tech agreed it was leaking oil and separated tranny, remove oil pan to put new seals. All took about 4-6 hours. All is good now no leaks. Warranty covered everything. Good luck

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
hung380 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hung380 For This Useful Post:
Blackspeed (11-03-2011)
 Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Went to dealer and my car was on the lift. We went to look at it and the guy said my occ is causing too much back pressure, which caused the leak. I asked if I could bring it back tomorrow without the occ on and he said sure. Also wants the stock bpv. So I guess I'm lucky and he's cool.

Can an occ actually do that? Seems like bs... and the leak was there long before I installed the occ, so I know on my car it didn't cause it. He seemed cool, just said that half the time Mazda wants to come inspect and if they did, they would definitely deny the claim. So if I want to get the claim, has to be stock.
 Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I made my car stock and dropped it off, they are working on it. I talked with them for a sec, and they said they are ordering parts and I think he said they are trying to get the ventilation kit. I don't know if the guy meant the smoking turbo thing or what, gotta talk to them and see what they are planning to do. He said it is really slow, so I sorta feel like they might be doing as much work as they can so they get the warranty payments from Mazda. He knows I probably won't pay him to fix it so warranty work is the best they can get from me. See what happens...

@MATT DAMOND (does this paging thing work?) what have you heard about OCCs causing leaks? I've searched a bit on this forum and others, read different things...
 Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I feel like the luckiest fucker ever. Didn't hear from the dealership yesterday, so I stopped by just now and talked to the tech working on my car. He said he ordered the VVT, timing chain, vent kit and valve cover and the gasket that is leaking oil. Said he would just do everything 'cause he knows they have problems and just an oil leak isn't enough so he would just do everything. Shit man, I got a new turbo, new compressor and now I'm going to have all the other updates too. Like a brand new engine man, it's awesome!
Alpha Wolf likes this.
 Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy crap, that is so awesome. You got a great dealer!
 Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Serious man, I feel like I should buy beer for them all for life or something.
 Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

YES, do that! I would find out what they like, and get em each a 12er of it. Then get pizzas for em for lunch.

$1200 for VVT/timing chain, FREE makes any effort worth it. Plus, if you need anything down the road, they will remember the free beer and pizza.
 Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do something. Getting 'em lunch is a good idea. The guy was real cool, we talked for a few minutes about cars and bikes and how long he's worked for Mazda. Sucks he'll have my car for the rest of the week (parts are coming sometime today) or maybe Monday, but like I told him, if he's fixing me up with all that shit, he can take all the time he needs.
 Old 10-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

You got the AC, turbo, and VVT replaced, you are good to go for 100K more miles.
 Old 10-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #13

BillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the worldBillsFan is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,117 Times in 135 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lucky bastard!
 Old 10-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my car Friday. No more leak, timing chain is quiet now, got the vent kit. I really am the luckiest dude and I love my dealer now...

Here's what they did - - >

2) PERFORM AND INSPECTION.
CUSTOMER STATE THAT HAS OIL LEAK COMING FROM
PASSENGER SIDE UNDERCOVER AND RATTLE NOISE
WHEN FIRST START IN MORNING
CHECK AND ADVISE
VERIFIED NOISE FROM ENGINE. EXCESSIVE RATTLE
FROM VALVE TRAIN. VALVE TIMING ACTUATOR NOGT
APPLYING ENOUGH TENSION. REPLACED VVT AN TIMI
NG CHAIN AND ADJUSTER PER TSB 01-018/11
(Tech:25) A
(3) PERFORM AND INSPECTION.
CUSTOMER STATE THAT HAS WHITE SMOKE COMING
FROM TAILPIPE CHECK AND ADVISE
VERIFIED SMOKE. OIL GETTING INTO TURBINE SHAF
T AND CAUSING EXCESSIVE SMOKE. INSTALL VENT K
IT PER TSB 01-002-11
(Tech:25) A
Labor 20 T25
L3K9-12-201A (CHAIN,TIMING) 1
LF01-11-406 (BOLT,LOCK-C.SH) 1
L3G6-10-602 (SEAL,OIL) 1
L3H5-11-407 (WASHER) 3
0000-77-1217-ES OM SILICON) 1
L3K9-12-500A (ADJUSTER,CHAIN) 1
L3K9-12-4X0C (ACTR,VARIABLE) 1
L3K9-12-429 (WASHER) 2
........... (Warranty ) .....
Labor 20 T25
L3Y1-13-S8OB (VENTILATION KIT)
............ (Warranty ) ............
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bzwyatt For This Useful Post:
Raider (10-25-2011)
 Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #15
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

How much was the cost for the pizza and beer?
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
BillsFan (10-25-2011)
 Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep, Costco is around the corner so took those guys pizza, they seemed pretty happy about it. Good trade for me man.
The Following User Says Thank You to bzwyatt For This Useful Post:
crazyp (11-01-2011)
 Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #17

Alpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the worldAlpha Wolf is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I do not know if I should be happy or worried..

51,000 miles and no issues...

Alpha Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #18
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would look into an extended warranty if you dont have one. Consider AC replacement is $1000 on average, and the timing chain is $1200. Throw in a $1500 turbo (dealer installed) and that is pretty much what might go bad with our cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
 Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #19

Pope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the worldPope is the leader of the world
Groans: 51
Groaned at 40 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah man treat them good and they will definatly hook you up. the way of the world. im lucky enough to have connections through the military to hook up lots of mechanics, pretty much will never have to worry about another state inspection for the rest of my days lol

extortins from iraq/afghan on shit you cant get in the US?!?! priceless lol

I suggest you start reading the forum in depth. This community is nothing like you have ever joined before.

its sexiest..
its perverted
its racist
its all performance

And somehow, it all manages to work.

Last edited by Pope; 11-03-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My timing chain was starting to make a bit of noise. I wasn't sure about it, thought maybe it was my paranoid imagination. It wasn't all crazy-loud like some I'ved heard, it just sounded a little rough when I first started it. When I found out Raider's failed at 80k or whatever, I figured mine was on schedule. The tech said my chain was stretched, so I guess it wasn't my imagination.
Hopefully you are lucky Alpha...
 Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #21

tchase will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I really don't want to jinks myself but I'm at 67k with several mods and no issues. I keep the CAI clean, change the oil full syn every 5k and nothing but premium.
tchase is offline   Reply With Quote