register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds

2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds Genpu - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 5doorsoffury

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-31-2018, 04:47 PM   #1

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default AEM WMI Failsafe Output

I know Iíll get a lot of slack for this but Iím using AEMís MAP based WMI as aux fueling, 100% methanol. I will eventually switch out the stupid push to connect fittings for proper fuel lines (probably just switch to full port injection since I have the manifold for it already), but in the mean time I would like to hook up the ground output that acts as a failsafe. Currently Iíve just been keeping the tank more than 1/2 full but in the rare event that the methanol runs out and Iím in boost Iíd like for my engine to not tear itself apart.

Question is where do I splice this 12V ground output to? My car is a 2013. And before someone says Ďsearchí the only threads Iíve found say to get a Guardian Angel, and Iím not even running a BPV so thatís not an option for me since the Guardian Angle controls the BPV as a failsafe.
achulz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-31-2018, 04:51 PM   #2

Ds_06_Speed6 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Soooo, Mazda made the 2013 Speed without a BPV? Or you removed it?
AP V3| CS TIP/SRI |CS 50/50 BPV |CS Test Pipe |CS FP internals|CS high pressure SS fuel line |CPE EGR delete |CPE TMIC |JBR Boost Tubes |JBR Trilogy race mounts |JBR short shift kit |Grimmspeed EBCS |GA V3|Custom FREEK tune
Ds_06_Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #3

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ds_06_Speed6 View Post
Blocked it off since it started leaking pretty bad and I havenít gotten a new one. I donít really care if it Ďcan damage the turboí like all the internet mechanics say because a 6466 is going in soon enough.

Can we get back on topic please? Iím not spending $250 on a GA when it already has a failsafe built in.
 Old 11-01-2018, 06:21 AM   #4

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

be carefull not to mix different things.

Your meth output isn't made for the same purpose of a GA.

Unless you have the full AEM failsafe system with the flow gage and extra stuff, the standard unit only trigger On when you are low in fluid or when the pump is dead. This isn't a fail safe but more a fault output. IT won't see a broken pipe or a plugged jet....
The most common way of using this kind of output is to wire it to a relay and have the relay wired to cut your EBCS signal.
Since the output give negative, you connect the other side of the relay coil to any fused 12v+ and then you wire both side of the NC contact of it to one of the wire going to the EBCS. This way, when AEM give grounds, the relay get activated and it's NC contact open and remove any wastegate duty to your EBCS to drop boost (return to mecanic wastegate spring boost)

The GA protection is made to protect against an overboost condition and use the BPV to make a good leak to drop boost. The Ga has an input to connect your meth fault output into it instead of playing with the EBCS wires but you need a BPV installed...

I won't argue with you for the benefit of a BPV but if you don't get this, you may still read a bit more before buying a 6466.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
be carefull not to mix different things.

Your meth output isn't made for the same purpose of a GA.

Unless you have the full AEM failsafe system with the flow gage and extra stuff, the standard unit only trigger On when you are low in fluid or when the pump is dead. This isn't a fail safe but more a fault output. IT won't see a broken pipe or a plugged jet....
The most common way of using this kind of output is to wire it to a relay and have the relay wired to cut your EBCS signal.
Since the output give negative, you connect the other side of the relay coil to any fused 12v+ and then you wire both side of the NC contact of it to one of the wire going to the EBCS. This way, when AEM give grounds, the relay get activated and it's NC contact open and remove any wastegate duty to your EBCS to drop boost (return to mecanic wastegate spring boost)

The GA protection is made to protect against an overboost condition and use the BPV to make a good leak to drop boost. The Ga has an input to connect your meth fault output into it instead of playing with the EBCS wires but you need a BPV installed...

I won't argue with you for the benefit of a BPV but if you don't get this, you may still read a bit more before buying a 6466.
Thanks for the info. Iíll end up using my port injection manifold and a Split Second controller when the 6466 goes in, just wish there was a better way to control methanol injection. Might have to get an additional Split Second controller and just run another injector with 100% meth along with the other 4 additional injectors instead of messing with the AEM controller.
 Old 11-01-2018, 12:06 PM   #6

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you planning fuel port injection or meth ? IMO The best and probably mandatory with a huge drag racing turbo is to inject gas and maybe from a secondary tank filled with race fuel.
I didn't see anyone with a split second driving methanol injection but maybe....
IMO the best methanol kit available : Aquamist HSF4.
---- 806-065 ----- HFS4-v3.1 system for DI engines The most advanced system to date. - aquamist-direct.com

There is other advanced methanol controller like the one i use:
https://torqbyte.com/products/torqbyte-cm5-lt

Or similar from snow
https://www.snowperformance.net/product-p/sno-70000.htm

There is no limitations about how much fuel you can use from methanol but it would be hard to come close to the reliability and control of gas port injection.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 11-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you planning fuel port injection or meth ? IMO The best and probably mandatory with a huge drag racing turbo is to inject gas and maybe from a secondary tank filled with race fuel.
I didn't see anyone with a split second driving methanol injection but maybe....
---- 806-065 ----- HFS4-v3.1 system for DI engines The most advanced system to date. - aquamist-direct.com

Or similar from snow

There is no limitations about how much fuel you can use from methanol but it would be hard to come close to the reliability and control of gas port injection.
Full port injection with 4 1000cc injectors. I have been considering adding another injector for methanol since the cooling effect is very helpful.
 Old 11-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok i bet you mean gaz injectors when saying it, not 4x meth nozzles (Both are port injection)

And the best cooling effect is when meth is mixed with water.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #9

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by achulz View Post
And before someone says ‘search’ the only threads I’ve found say to get a Guardian Angel, and I’m not even running a BPV .

Originally Posted by Ds_06_Speed6 View Post

Originally Posted by achulz View Post
Blocked it off since it started leaking pretty bad and I haven’t gotten a new one.

Sorry but i stopped reading the thread after this part. LMFAO maby you should not go near wot until this is solved...... Maby you should "search"... There is a way to make a fail safe with a relay, EBCS and a 12$ boost switch......
Jeff23spl likes this.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #10

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Or similar from snow

Meth port injection - Setting mine up at the moment with split second controller and 4x1700 ID injectors AEM 350 LPH inline pump. A few cars are already running it. Justin from Freektune pretty much came up with it for his Silver Gen 2 - You can run what ever type of fuel in the Aux tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuelcelljet.jpg (453.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg hidden pump.jpg (61.2 KB, 3 views)
Gen 2 2012 - Precision 6062 Turbo - CPE Exhaust Mani - PTE 46mm EWG - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF V2 Intake Mani- Custom DP UR Cat Back - HTP 4 inch intake - TR8 FMIC - Custom FREEKTUNE METH Port Injection - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shaneski For This Useful Post:
5doorsoffury (11-02-2018)
 Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
Meth port injection - Setting mine up at the moment with split second controller and 4x1700 ID injectors AEM 350 LPH inline pump. A few cars are already running it. Justin from Freektune pretty much came up with it for his Silver Gen 2 - You can run what ever type of fuel in the Aux tank.
Nice!

Are you using fuel injectors to control meth ? Similar to a gas setup but the tank is filled with meth ?
Is it hard to find stuffs with seals that handle full methanol content ?

I bet you no longer use quick connect pipe?

I really like that route!

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 11-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #12

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
I bet you can use the stock feed and dump it into that meth rez and make a under hood surge tank for the entire fuel system if you wanted to fun ethanol or hell even in tank meth. looks awesome now if you just painted it black!
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2018, 01:56 AM   #13

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice!

Are you using fuel injectors to control meth ? Similar to a gas setup but the tank is filled with meth ?
Is it hard to find stuffs with seals that handle full methanol content ?

I bet you no longer use quick connect pipe?

I really like that route!
The injectors in the port rail (injector dynamics 1700's) spray the meth via Split controller that is tuned to kick in via MAF voltage...The fittings are all AN and braided hoses...The inline pump runs constant with a return line back to the Aux tank to keep it circulating and pressurised...It will only spray when needed similar to a traditional meth kit but this set up can supply 400hp worth of Aux fueling.

5doorsoffury the tank will be coated black as well, it's just dummy fitted at the moment to get all the fittings etc right. The under bonnet tank running meth via the JMF rail and injectors are an individual system with a return line and inline pump (no surge set up needed)..The standard fuel tank uses stock fuel system and pump gas.
Gen 2 2012 - Precision 6062 Turbo - CPE Exhaust Mani - PTE 46mm EWG - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF V2 Intake Mani- Custom DP UR Cat Back - HTP 4 inch intake - TR8 FMIC - Custom FREEKTUNE METH Port Injection - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.

Last edited by shaneski; 11-03-2018 at 02:13 AM.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Perfect it is what i tough.
The precise injectors and pulsing controller is hard to be compared to a cheap traditional meth system. One start and stop a pump to spill methanol in the intake path while trying to adjust pump speed based to an incoming signal...Precision is inexistant, it lag at start and keep feeding for a second when it should stop...Not to mention the risks of leaks from the plastic lines and quick connect.
Yours is more like a reliable oem injection system from the 90s that remain in open loop
I really like it.

Wife drive 2010 CX7