register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds

2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds Genpu - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By VoodooJef
  • 1 Post By VoodooJef
  • 1 Post By andale927

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Andale927s BNR S4 Build

A brief history about me. I've been browsing the Mazdaspeed3 forums since 2011 and always wanted one. At the time I needed a car quick and wasn't able to find one in my price range, so I ended up with a 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V lol. Fast forward a few years, I went big turbo on the Sentra and made 320whp. Here's the dyno in case anyone is interested:

That lasted about a year and a half before blowing up and I finally got a chance to get the car I always wanted.

I went from nearly stock to the mods you see in my sig over the course of 2 months.

Now its time to make some real power though, the goal is 360-380 whp or whatever Justin can get me to without aux fueling on an E25 mix. I want to keep the build reliable while I save up for an engine build before I push the car any further.

Parts ordered:
BNR S4 v2
JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake
CS Battery Box
CS Dual VTA BPV
Depo Racing Catless Downpipe
NGK Iridium 1 Step Colder Plugs
Bosch 3 BAR MAP
JBR 3 Port EBCS
Damond RMM

Here's what came in so far, big thanks to @Prodigalson:

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
andale927 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #2

VoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

S4v2 is a great turbo. Several of us have gotten great results with it. I posted up 414whp with a top mount last trip to the dyno (mind you that was with 12gph of methanol as well) . Of course I just kept pushing and pushing until I bent a rod but that was a consideration all along. Now I`m building the motor to get what the turbo really has to offer. You`ll enjoy it, looking forward to seeing your build come along.
Brndlpt93 likes this.
Built motor w/ Manley rods & Mahle 4032 pistons,BNR S4v2, 3.5" JBR tru-wide, XS power V3 exhaust mani, ST intake mani, CNT catless dp, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, autotech hpfp, Coolingmist progressive (lots of methanol), Cobb FMIC, Cobb RMM, DM PMM, JBR shifter w/ Maisonvi knob, 255/35/18 Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilovers (f), Bilstein cartridges in (r) with BC linear spring conversion, GFB valve w/ a GA, Versatune so I can be a rebel, just a little north of 500whp.
And Yeah, that`s Steve Vai playing my arm in my avatar.
VoodooJef is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #3

andale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud ofandale927 has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by VoodooJef View Post
S4v2 is a great turbo. Several of us have gotten great results with it. I posted up 414whp with a top mount last trip to the dyno (mind you that was with 12gph of methanol as well) . Of course I just kept pushing and pushing until I bent a rod but that was a consideration all along. Now I`m building the motor to get what the turbo really has to offer. You`ll enjoy it, looking forward to seeing your build come along.
Yeah, I'm hoping to resist the urge to keep adding power, especially when there's more headroom with the turbo lol.

I just spent the last 3 hours reading @phate's thread on EGT testing individual cylinder runner's. That lead to a different thread with a conclusion that the exhaust manifold is responsible for the common death of cylinder 3. Now just sitting here trying to resist ordering the XS power exhaust manifold...

The question is whether I'm better off spending (a) $450 on the exhaust manifold for more balanced flow or (b) $450 on a meth kit for additional engine protection or (c) I'm overthinking it and don't need to spend more money for my meager 370whp goal.

Power:
BNR S4 v2 Turbocharger | JBR 3.5" Aluminum Intake | JBR Battery Box | GFB Respons BPV |Depo Racing Catless Downpipe | Bosch 3 BAR MAP | JBR 3 Port EBC | Treadstone TR8 Kit w/ Piping | Autotech HPFP Internals | Ultimate Racing Catback | Cobb Accessport V3 | Devils Own Meth Kit (D05) | Custom Tru-Cool Oil Cooler | FREEKTUNED E30 Mix+Meth

Handling:
KW V3 Coilovers | CS Camber Plates | SPC Rear Camber Arms | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40/18 | Full Damond Motor Mounts | JBR Weighted Shift Knob | JBR Shift Bushings | JBR Rear Sway Bar | Damond Short Shift Plate

Other:
Cobb Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers | Speedline Hood Struts | Corksport CF Hood Scoop | Damond OCC Stage 1 | Corksport E-Brake | Corksport Steering Wheel | Avid.1 AV-20 Wheels 18x8 +35
The Following User Says Thank You to andale927 For This Useful Post:
phate (06-03-2017)
 Old 06-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #4

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andale927 View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping to resist the urge to keep adding power, especially when there's more headroom with the turbo lol.

I just spent the last 3 hours reading @phate's thread on EGT testing individual cylinder runner's. That lead to a different thread with a conclusion that the exhaust manifold is responsible for the common death of cylinder 3. Now just sitting here trying to resist ordering the XS power exhaust manifold...

The question is whether I'm better off spending (a) $450 on the exhaust manifold for more balanced flow or (b) $450 on a meth kit for additional engine protection or (c) I'm overthinking it and don't need to spend more money for my meager 370whp goal.
Would you mind sharing the thread with the info on the exhaust manifold? My cylinder 3 was low that is why I built the motor.

I will be going bnr s4 too soonish, so this thread is pretty sweet.
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, CorkSport Turbo, TR8 Front Mount w/CX piping, JBR 3" intake, COBB EBCS, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, Fidanza flywheel/LUK clutch, Forge BPV v2, cp-e xFlex stage 2 RMM, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, Dual DM catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, stock CBE

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mods include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2017, 05:58 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stockms3 View Post
Would you mind sharing the thread with the info on the exhaust manifold? My cylinder 3 was low that is why I built the motor.

I will be going bnr s4 too soonish, so this thread is pretty sweet.

Here's the thread, look at post # 12 :
XS Power Turbo Manifold is here... Install pics & Dyno results to follow soon.

The results aren't necessarily conclusive, but I'm willing to make that jump. If Cylinder 3 flows that much better than the rest of the cylinders, then as power is added Cyl 3 will have the most exhaust gasses evacuated. Exhaust gas is inert and thus Cyl 3 would be filling with the most air relative to others and it would run the leanest.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
stockms3 (06-04-2017)
 Old 06-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Look what showed up in the mail today!

I never realized how insanely small the k04 hotside is...I'm impressed the turbo can support 400+whp with what appears to be such limited flow through the exhaust housing!

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #7

VoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond reputeVoodooJef has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

do yourself a favor and check the WG crack pressure on your S4 **BEFORE** installing it. There have been several delivered with 21psi WG actuators, and while 21 isn`t really going to break anything, most tuners would prefer to build your tune from a lower base.
Built motor w/ Manley rods & Mahle 4032 pistons,BNR S4v2, 3.5" JBR tru-wide, XS power V3 exhaust mani, ST intake mani, CNT catless dp, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, autotech hpfp, Coolingmist progressive (lots of methanol), Cobb FMIC, Cobb RMM, DM PMM, JBR shifter w/ Maisonvi knob, 255/35/18 Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilovers (f), Bilstein cartridges in (r) with BC linear spring conversion, GFB valve w/ a GA, Versatune so I can be a rebel, just a little north of 500whp.
The Following User Says Thank You to VoodooJef For This Useful Post:
mendeezyJay10 (06-11-2017)
 Old 06-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

do yourself a favor and check the WG crack pressure on your S4 **BEFORE** installing it. There have been several delivered with 21psi WG actuators, and while 21 isn`t really going to break anything, most tuners would prefer to build your tune from a lower base.
Thanks for the heads up! Any ways to test without an air compressor? Also I thought exhaust pressure also helped open the WG so there wouldn't be a way to accurately check beforehand.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

You can do a quick and dirty test with a bike pump. Just connect it to the WGA inlet and push the pump handle with one hand with your other hand on the WGA. Note what psi you felt the actuator arm move. You`ll not tell the difference between 16 or 18psi, but you would between 16 and 21. It`s nor definitive by any means, but will give you an idea which WGA you have. If it`s the high boost one just call Bryan at BNR and ask him to send you an S3 actuator.
andale927 likes this.
 Old 06-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did the test using the bike pump and my WG cracked open at 16psi, so looks like I'm good!

Began the install today... made decent progress. Manifold, turbo and stock downpipe are out. Depo Racing downpipe is in. Would have made more progress but I spent 3 hours trying to get the heatshields off the downpipe because of a rounded nut... wasn't thinking clearly. Then I smacked myself in the head when I realized I could pull the turbo and manifold first, then pull the downpipe out the top, heatshields and all. Also, I sure am glad I invested in a ratcheting flexhead wrench to remove the exhaust manifold.

The smile on my face shows I don't know what I'm getting into lol.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Install was finished on Friday. Holy shit this turbo sounds amazing. I love the anti-surge housing noise as rice as that might sound lol. Also the turbo definitely isn't too laggy, I feel like it is just right. Powerband is very linear.

Looks stock:

So it seems like I am overboosting. When I tested the WGA using a bike pump the flap did start to crack at 16 PSI... but I guess it's not enough It holds 20 PSI up to about 4500rpm but then creeps to 22.5+

So... is this as simple as reducing the preload on the WGA to fix, or do I need to request a different WGA from BNR @VoodooJef; I'm sure that reducing preload will help, but I don't want to apply a bandaid fix if it means slower spool.

I'm pretty pissed that you mentioned this and I checked and I still didn't catch on to the fact that it needed adjustment...

I also did end up ordering a DO DVC-30 meth kit. I'm planning on running a DO3 nozzle w/ 100% methanol for strictly BAT reduction.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog2.csv (16.2 KB, 15 views)

Power:

Handling:

Other:

Last edited by andale927; 06-11-2017 at 10:17 AM.
 Old 06-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

At just a quick glance at your log the 22 isn`t really going to hurt anything (your AFR and IDC are on point and no KR), but your tuner may want the headroom. Ask your tuner what they`d recommend. Your tune would be over 22psi by about the 2nd revision anyway. It`s an easy swap from underneath the car, takes about 15 minutes.
 Old 06-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

At just a quick glance at your log the 22 isn`t really going to hurt anything (your AFR and IDC are on point and no KR), but your tuner may want the headroom. Ask your tuner what they`d recommend. Your tune would be over 22psi by about the 2nd revision anyway. It`s an easy swap from underneath the car, takes about 15 minutes.
Okay, good to hear that it's an easy swap. Thanks!

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #14

knocturnal has disabled reputation
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did mine from the top.

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by knocturnal View Post
I did mine from the top.
I did it the first time from the top, and it was easy enough. Then I wanted to kick myself in the nuts for not doing it from the bottom when I did it a second time. It`s not "hard" either way
 Old 06-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I reduced wastegate preload today by 1 turn and spool slowed down significantly. Full boost at ~500rpm later and still 21 PSI up top. I guess I'll have to call Bryan tomorrow about getting that BNR S3 actuator.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed my meth kit a week ago. Regret not doing it sooner, it's nice not have the high BAT flag robbing me of power all the time.

Install went pretty smoothly, I wish I got a bigger tank as I'm pretty sure I could have made it fit.

Remote fill:

Pump bypass switch:

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

I`m using a 1G tank right now but as soon as my car comes back from the shop I`ve got a 2.5G ready for it. At 19gph it doesn`t take long to empty the tank LOL.

**BTW, did you ever get the replacement actuator?
 Old 06-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I`m using a 1G tank right now but as soon as my car comes back from the shop I`ve got a 2.5G ready for it. At 19gph it doesn`t take long to empty the tank LOL.

**BTW, did you ever get the replacement actuator?
Yup, I got the actuator and readjusted pre-load, everything looks great!

Also I'm on my 3rd revision, here's what my Vdyno looks like now:

Attached Files
File Type: csv 4th WOT_meth.csv (22.5 KB, 4 views)

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 08-29-2017, 08:02 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just wanted to post another update on the tuning, I am now on my 2nd E25 map.

Here is a v-dyno:

I'll definitely get some power pulls done at a dyno after my E85 tune is done.

I'll also probably push for more power as well with a meth tune later down the road, just trying to be smart and waiting until I have at least 4k set aside for an engine build.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
[R]usty (08-29-2017)
 Old 08-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice! It`s spooling really well and the curve looks great.
The Following User Says Thank You to VoodooJef For This Useful Post:
andale927 (08-29-2017)
 Old 08-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #22

flyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond reputeflyhigh has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this build. Too much time spent on the other forum. Looking very good @andale927;
12' black mica w/tech: BNR S4 V2; CM STG 2 WMI; DAMOND TB SPACER; GUARDIAN ANGEL V3; KOZMIC OCC; CP-E SAFE SEALS; DAMOND EGR DELETE; WHITEWIDOW INTAKE GASKET; Cobb AP V3 CP-E Xcel XL SRI; CP-E 4" TIP; CP-E Catted DP; CP-E Cat-back exhaust; CP-E TMIC; Cobb BPV; JBR EBCS; Cobb RMM; CorkSport HPFP internals; JBR turbo hoses; NGK (6510) LTR7IX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plugs; JBR short shifter; JBR Small battery tray; Optima 51r Battery
Rice--CorkSport interior lights and carbon fiber hood scoop
ETH/METH tune by Stratified in progress
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flyhigh For This Useful Post:
andale927 (08-29-2017)
 Old 08-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #23

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Install was finished on Friday. Holy shit this turbo sounds amazing. I love the anti-surge housing noise as rice as that might sound lol. Also the turbo definitely isn't too laggy, I feel like it is just right. Powerband is very linear.

Looks stock:

Not to threadjack, but wtf, how did you get your 3.5" intake to fit that well with the CS battery box?! Granted I'm sure the BNR locates the turbo inlet slightly differently than the K04, but I can't even get the front panel to sit properly due to the TIP pushing into it...wonder if my motor is somehow shifted to the driver's side by like .5" or something stupid.
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, DM PMM, DM TMM, CS Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, CS Dual VTA BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

Handling: JBR .250 RSB w/ billet brackets.

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
MoMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MoMS3 View Post
Not to threadjack, but wtf, how did you get your 3.5" intake to fit that well with the CS battery box?! Granted I'm sure the BNR locates the turbo inlet slightly differently than the K04, but I can't even get the front panel to sit properly due to the TIP pushing into it...wonder if my motor is somehow shifted to the driver's side by like .5" or something stupid.
Well, it was a pretty big pain in the ass haha. You could try loosening the bolts that hold down the battery box and that gives you a little more wiggle room to fit the intake. I thought I was gonna break the box a few times but it eventually fit. It's probably mostly the different turbo though.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 08-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #25

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, it was a pretty big pain in the ass haha. You could try loosening the bolts that hold down the battery box and that gives you a little more wiggle room to fit the intake. I thought I was gonna break the box a few times but it eventually fit. It's probably mostly the different turbo though.
Welp, guess I'll have to find out when I finally get around to doing the BNR S4 myself haha. Do you have any clearance between the TIP and battery box as it sits now?
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, DM PMM, DM TMM, CS Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, CS Dual VTA BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

Handling: JBR .250 RSB w/ billet brackets.

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
MoMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MoMS3 View Post
Welp, guess I'll have to find out when I finally get around to doing the BNR S4 myself haha. Do you have any clearance between the TIP and battery box as it sits now?
Not really, they touch but I haven't seen any wear or anything.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 09-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Took my car to the dyno after Justin finished up my tune. Really happy with the results considering that it's a Mustang dyno and my BATs were through the roof even with meth.

365whp/341wtq

Also here's a video:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-09-25 14.51.20.jpg (4.86 MB, 46 views)
Attached Files
File Type: csv Dyno Log.csv (49.4 KB, 6 views)

Power:

Handling:

Other:

Last edited by andale927; 09-25-2017 at 12:44 PM.
 Old 10-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went to my first autocross yesterday, it was a lot of fun! Not sure why people knock the S4 as a turbo for autocross, I did better than pretty much every stock turbo inline 4 FWD car. Here's a clip if anyone is interested:

soaptray likes this.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 10-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #29

panaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to beholdpanaspeed3 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 23 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great Build. i just got the meth kit for my build.
panaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #30

z28forlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I’m new to the speed3’s but it seems everyone is running meth. Do you have to run meth or can you run some e85 if you wanna make 350ish hp? Any mods need to be done to run e85 fuel? I have 2 gas stations that pump e85 within 10 miles of where I live. Great build btw! Sorry if I hijacked with the question
z28forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by z28forlife View Post
I’m new to the speed3’s but it seems everyone is running meth. Do you have to run meth or can you run some e85 if you wanna make 350ish hp? Any mods need to be done to run e85 fuel? I have 2 gas stations that pump e85 within 10 miles of where I live. Great build btw! Sorry if I hijacked with the question
Our DI fuel system tops out around 370whp for a safe tune. Running E85 is great for 350-370whp. You can add meth for either extra cooling or for extra fuel for >370whp. The only mod you need to run E85 is a tune from one of the E-tuners for our platform.

Power:

Handling:

Other:
 Old 11-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #32

z28forlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Our DI fuel system tops out around 370whp for a safe tune. Running E85 is great for 350-370whp. You can add meth for either extra cooling or for extra fuel for >370whp. The only mod you need to run E85 is a tune from one of the E-tuners for our platform.
Thanks for the info.
z28forlife is offline   Reply With Quote