register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds

2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds Genpu - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #1

CMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cas' 6266 Stock Block (for now) Build

Well I figured I'd finally post up a build thread. I have it posted up on MSO but figured I'd throw it up here too. I plan to have something that will probably scare the shit out of me every time I step on the gas. Preferably 700+ is a number goal that comes to mind but that's down the road. I am tuned by the one and only RealGib3.

I bought my car on April 7th, 2015. Drove all the way from Cincinnati, OH up to to Minneapolis, MN, about 11 hours one way haha. I did stop in Chicago at a friend's place on the way up but on the way back I drove straight through. It was pretty rough but well worth it, the car only had 13000 miles on it. This is my first turbo'd car and really first car I've set off to modify. It has been my best and worst purchase that I have made. I'm sure some of you can attest to that same thing haha.

My car was basically stock when I picked it up, it had a CS RMM and CS SRI. I went from basically stock to a fully bolted K04 in a few months. I kept wanting more power out of my car. I was making about 330/370 on a 33% e mix which I was happy with at the time. I had been talking with some of the North East Ohio guys about upgrading and no one in my area had a Precision turbo.

Wouldn't you know a gen 2 5858 goes up for sale around Christmas time later that year. Soooo

Got help with the installation on the 5858, you can read about all of the gory details here if you choose to.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...2/#post3077281

To pick up where that kind of left off and more importantly where my car currently is. I have a Gen 2 6266, custom 6th port with 2200 cc injectors being controlled by a Split Second AIC, WOT box (Literally the best purchase I have made for my car), custom 4" whale peen RamFab intake, JMF intake mani with meth bungs that don't work (sad face), CP-E exhaust mani, Kozmic downpipe and dumptube, Tial 44mm EWG, Ultimate Racing cat-back with titanium 4" tips, Grimspeed 3 port EBCS, Bosch 3 bar MAP sensor with PNP harness, trilogy of Damond mounts, Damond OCC and EGR delete, BC Racing coilovers, JBR camber arms, Stop Tech slotted rotors and Hawk HP+ brake pads. That's pretty much it for power and suspension. Oh all of this is on the stock block and stock clutch, I like to live life on the edge lolz. I have a few aesthetic mods: Bayson R front lip, CS shifter, CS shifter bushings, CS heat shield , 30% tinted windows. Also I have Nitto NT05s (225/40/18) which I really enjoy they have held up all summer of beating on them and do fine in the rain which is a bit surprising considering the tread pattern. I think that's pretty much it.
Here's the 5858 versus the 6266. Not really a huge difference other than the compressor wheel.

There she is under the knife for the 6266 install.

Now my plans for my car, I would love to get these wheels because I haven't seen anyone run them on a speed yet. No I wasn't being sarcastic and they aren't RPF1s.

I actually recently talked to a guy about a ported 6466 up for sale but I can't really justify it, especially since I literally just installed the 6266. When I first started thinking about my build I thought for sure I was going to go with the 6466 but the price of the 6266 wasn't too bad so I couldn't pass it up. I would of waited another month if I would of known the 6466 was going up for sale. Maybe the stars will align one day.

I plan on having @HOCKEYNUBE; build my motor, I have a block waiting at his shop to be machined and everything when I get the money. It's going to be able to handle whatever I throw at it, meaning it's probably gonna cost a shit ton of money haha. I purchased a set of Manley H-beam rods but Kevin's motor is going to be done before mine so he bought them off of me. Other than that I haven't bought anything else for the motor. Tuition was due and that kind of put a hold on things for now. When I can start accumulating some more cash I'll start throwing money his way to get the motor underway.

At some point I'm going to be installing my GV style grill. My long term plans are to create a mold from the one I have and make a carbon fiber one from the mold. I actually have all the stuff to make the mold, I just need to practice. I initially sanded down the grill and painted it but ruined it when I sprayed a clear coat on top. I need to go back and sand it down again. It shouldn't be too hard make the mold though. From what I've read about making molds, you need to have the part you're making the cast off of clear of any imperfections so it doesn't get relayed to the mold. Here's the grill so far, I think this was before any paint hit it. I put 3-4 coats of Satin black and wasn't crazy about it but figured I'd throw the clear on which ruined it like I said. Oh well it's all a learning experience.

If you have any questions about my build or just wanna comment, feel free to do so. I'll try to keep this updated now that I took the time actually create it.

Currently waiting on my car in the body shop because some jackass driving a dump truck decided to dump his clutch right behind me at a stop light. My hatch was the only thing that was messed up which I'd say that's pretty lucky considering the circumstances.

I put my car in on last week on Monday and it was supposed to be done last Friday but they had to order some switch that wouldn't be there until Friday. I suspect it will be done by the end of the week at the latest. I just hope they do it right the first time so I don't have to keep driving around this Focus rental car.

Car is under construction...

1969 Camaro: Next project

Last edited by CMajor; 10-06-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
CMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMajor For This Useful Post:
Mazdazilla6 (10-03-2016), SteppingStones (10-03-2016), xfeejayx (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #2

CMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond reputeCMajor has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Small update, I get the car back from the body shop tomorrow from getting the hatch repaired. It was supposed to be today but they said there was one small thing left to do that I asked them to look at (not related to the accident but from the previous owner). I went by the body shop a couple of days ago to check on the progress, they had to cut a giant hole in the old hatch to get the latch released. I was going to take a picture but I got caught up talking to the manager. It was kinda funny seeing a big chunk cut away from my car.

I can't wait to get back to tuning. Mark is doing an amazing job and here's a little vdyno (for what it's worth) to show about where I'm at with my stock block.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMajor For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (10-06-2016), Mazdazilla6 (10-06-2016)
 Old 10-06-2016, 05:04 AM   #3

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,449 Times in 1,978 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

local guy has a spare silver hatch just sitting around if you end up needing one @mize13; I'm sure his girlfriend would be glad to have it out of the living room

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
CMajor (10-06-2016)
 Old 10-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
local guy has a spare silver hatch just sitting around if you end up needing one @mize13; I'm sure his girlfriend would be glad to have it out of the living room
Appreciate the thought but the other guys insurance is paying for everything and it's supposed to be done today (hopefully).

Old 10-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #5

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 127
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Amazing. How much HP can a stock block handle? Or rather, for how long?

I like those wheels. What model are they?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
Amazing. How much HP can a stock block handle? Or rather, for how long?

I like those wheels. What model are they?
Well the stock block record is somewhere in the 550 range haha. That's kinda a loaded question considering how many factors can play a role in how long it will last. I would think it's based on how well maintained the car is and what kind of tune its running. As long as the torque is kept in check and the power tapers up it should be safe.

The wheels are Enkei GTC01RR, I hope to get a set sometime next year when I can save up some funds.

The Following User Says Thank You to CMajor For This Useful Post:
xfeejayx (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got my car back and extremely pleased with the results! The hatch actually looks better than the rest of my car haha.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #8

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,671 Times in 1,833 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a lot of boost for that turbo on a stock block, how does timing look?

You're giving me bad ideas, might put some more work into my tune this weekend lol

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
CMajor (10-06-2016)
 Old 10-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
That's a lot of boost for that turbo on a stock block, how does timing look?

You're giving me bad ideas, might put some more work into my tune this weekend lol
Haha well @Realgib3; is the mastermind behind it but it tops out at 16.5* at 7K. It has a smooth, slight ramp from 4K to 7K.

Mazdazilla6 (10-06-2016)
 Old 10-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #10

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 127
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CMajor View Post
Well the stock block record is somewhere in the 550 range haha. That's kinda a loaded question considering how many factors can play a role in how long it will last. I would think it's based on how well maintained the car is and what kind of tune its running. As long as the torque is kept in check and the power tapers up it should be safe.

The wheels are Enkei GTC01RR, I hope to get a set sometime next year when I can save up some funds.
Exactly. And the other variable being your right foot. Subbed for results...

I've been trying to find a lightweight wheel in silver or machined for a while. Tough decision. I really like those wheels but they're more expensive than the Ray's Gram Lights 57FXX, Getter, and Xtreme I've been looking at. Those wheels will look great on your ride.

Good luck on your build man.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
CMajor (10-07-2016)
 Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
Exactly. And the other variable being your right foot. Subbed for results...

I've been trying to find a lightweight wheel in silver or machined for a while. Tough decision. I really like those wheels but they're more expensive than the Ray's Gram Lights 57FXX, Getter, and Xtreme I've been looking at. Those wheels will look great on your ride.

Good luck on your build man.
My right foot is pretty much lead so that's actually a constant hahah.

The wheels are a bit on the expensive side but so is everything about my car so why not and appreciate it!

Among other things:
1. I need to fix my exhaust because I blew out the gasket from my downpipe to catback from shooting fireballs.
2. Installing CS injector seals because of the increasing power levels. I bought them to install last month then got rear ended so that put things on hold.
3. I'll be working on a new wire tuck soon and I'll post up my results when I get it finished. My current wire tuck by RD Motorsportz wasn't done to my liking so I bought a new harness to redo it since they soldered the grounds together for whatever reason.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was able to fix my exhaust on Saturday, I just threw a bunch of RTV on it as a temporary fix. I have a friend that's going to chop off both flanges and weld some vband flanges in place because who doesn't love vband connections

I did some experimenting on Saturday too. First time ever messing with carbon fiber. It was pretty cool, especially the part when the pot life expired of the epoxy and it got really hot then started steaming. I thought it was a good learning experience, I still need to sand the samples down which I may try sometime this week. I didn't use enough epoxy in some areas. You can see on the middle one where it looks like there's a puddle, but I just didn't put enough epoxy on the sample.

If anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated. I've watched videos and done some reading online but not really the same as actually doing it.

Mazdazilla6 (10-10-2016)
 Old 10-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Vdyno needs to stop playing with my emotions. It was pretty chilly on my way home from work tonight so I figured I'd take some logs on my way home to see how things looked. I wasn't disappointed...

But holy shit balls my car feels fast, I absolutely love it!

Mazdazilla6 (10-12-2016)
 Old 10-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #14

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
CP-e S2 RMM - KW V2 - SPC RUCAs
jtday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtday For This Useful Post:
CMajor (10-12-2016)
 Old 10-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jtday View Post
Hahah well a couple of guys up in Cleveland, OH ran a BT on the stock for a couple of years with no issues and tuned by the same guy that I am being tuned by(RealGib3). One of the guys(Etipp98) holds the stock block record so they did all the footwork, I'm just reaping the benefits of their years of experimenting on the platform.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMajor For This Useful Post:
jtday (10-23-2016), Thor Hammer (10-12-2016)
 Old 10-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #16

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Das flat torque curve is key. I've love to end up around 450whp on my 6 before I drop a built engine in.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
CMajor (10-13-2016)
 Old 10-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Das flat torque curve is key. I've love to end up around 450whp on my 6 before I drop a built engine in.
Yes sir! What are you at now? I take it you have aux fueling

Mazdazilla6 (10-13-2016)
 Old 10-13-2016, 06:13 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CMajor View Post
Yes sir! What are you at now? I take it you have aux fueling
I'm somewhere in the 330whp area. I do have aux fuel but it's not turned on yet and I'm still on 93. After I get my 93 tune stapled down I'll work on an E30 tune. I'm hoping to end up around 350whp on 93.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
CMajor (10-13-2016)
 Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #19

whatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

congrats on those numbers man, its amazing the potential of these motors when done properly.
also good luck with the carbon fiber.. maybe a possible "how to" if it goes well ?
whatsabrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whatsabrooklyn For This Useful Post:
CMajor (10-13-2016)
 Old 10-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by whatsabrooklyn View Post
congrats on those numbers man, its amazing the potential of these motors when done properly.
also good luck with the carbon fiber.. maybe a possible "how to" if it goes well ?
Thank you! I know right haha. For the carbon fiber, sure I'd be able to do something like that. I'm still learning about it, so I wanna get some more experience before trying to explain how to do it.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ran into some issues with my car over the weekend. Now before anyone flames me, I bought these JBR parts when I was a noob and didn't know anything (It's arguable that I still don't know anything). One of my camber arms snapped at a weld point causing my wheel to cave in and make me look like a stance bro. I now have a nice ring around the inner rim of my wheel from it rubbing against to strut. Weird thing is I didn't even hear this happening, probably because my car is so damn loud. I also got a metal splinter from rubbing the rim of my wheel to make it feel better.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:16 AM   #22

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Travisms3;

inb4warrantydeniedbecauseyoudidn'tlubethethreads

See travis the stupid maintenance schedule is just to make sure you're checking them for failure every couple thousand miles

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
CMajor (10-24-2016)
 Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Major Update:
Well some of you may have expected this post at some point but I went ZZB. A little background before I get to how it happened. A couple of days before I changed some settings in my WOT box because it didn't seem to be working correctly for flat-foot shifting. Basically I would go to FFS and literally my car would fall on its face. I was thinking maybe I was hitting fuel cut or throttle close but it turned out somehow my settings didn't save correctly or got reset. For any of you that aren't familiar with the WOT box, it cuts ignition instead of fuel between shifts when you FFS which keeps your turbo spooled better. You set the duration for how long it cuts ignition and that value was around 2400ms from some reason. Meaning it would cut ignition for 2.4 seconds in between shifts. I had set it to 75ms but for whatever reason that didn't get saved the first time. Now the second time it seemed to be working slightly better but every FFS I would get some slight boost creep, only up to 29 psi when I'm targetting 28. So to the actual event, last Thursday on my way to work there was some traffic and naturally when it cleared I went WOT. Now I went to FFS from 3rd to 4th, first time in those gears since the change, and my RPMs dipped like normal but then shot up. I got some crazy boost creep that hit 32 psi in basically a second and got 9.8* of knock. I heard an awfully loud metal on metal noise come from my engine and thought for sure I had just vented my block but there was no oil trail behind my car. I was super close to work so I went ahead and drove it the rest of the way there. Probably a bad idea in hind sight to keep driving but oh well can't dwell on that now. Took a video when I got to work and you can hear the depression sinking in at the end of the video with my huge sigh hahah.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HaiTE7Gx7hM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Got my car towed home the next day and now she sits in my garage awaiting a heart transplant.

I called my dad up and told him what happened so we made a plan that I would fly down on Saturday and drive back the 1969 Camaro that we restored on Sunday. So I can't say that I'm mad about that haha. It's still in his name right now because of insurance but when I get back on my feet after paying for this engagement ring then I'll take the car over in my name so I can get full coverage on it. But here she is

I made an 8 and half hour drive from Mississippi back to Ohio in this car. It actually rides better than my speed so it really wasn't a bad trip, just boring because the radio wasn't working for some reason. We have an aftermarket radio in the glove box to keep the original look in the dash area.

For my plans with the speed, I'm going to pull the engine in my garage and tear it down to see what happened to it. If the block is still good, it's going to get bored, honed and sleeved. I do plan on still building my car so no part out, well maybe a slight part out on stuff I don't want anymore. I may be upgrading to a 6466 like my original plan and possible going to PI over my 6th port setup. I figure I can make most of my money back that I put into them which will help fund the start of the build. As far as internals, I haven't worked out all the specifics but this is the small list that I have so far:

Manley I-Beams with the upgraded 625 bolts, good for ~1000 crank hp
I'm leaning towards Wiseco high compression pistons, I need to finish discussing that with @Realgib3 before proceeding with that route
1/2" head studs with some porting/honing work on the intake/exhaust sides
HD wrist pins
Clevite bearings
JMF w/ PI, maybe 16 fabworks intake mani if they ever finish testing it
Some sort of clutch that will hold this power, haven't researched it yet
Wider wheels so I can burn more rubber when I spin
Probably the most important mod is a new license plate, I didn't actually live up to the "ITHROW" but close enough

I hadn't finished planning everything out yet since obviously wasn't planning on the motor pooping out so a lot of things are up in the air right now. Any who, I'm mad at myself for not listening to my car but life goes on and I'll deal with my expensive mistake. Just to be clear, I don't blame Mark for any of this. God knows his tune has probably saved my motor more than once with the way I beat on my car haha. Any suggestions on a route to take would be cool if you guys have any ideas with my power goals in mind.

KiwiFlavor (05-03-2017)
 Old 11-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

You're going to daily a '69 camaro through an ohio winter......

I guess you liked restoring it so much you want to do it twice!

CMajor (11-03-2016)
 Old 11-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
You're going to daily a '69 camaro through an ohio winter......

I guess you liked restoring it so much you want to do it twice!
Haha sorry I should of been more clear. It'll be my daily until it starts snowing then I'm borrowing my girlfriend's, dad's company car. It's a 2012 Honda Civic, he has three of them and one isn't being driven right now. I just didn't want to call him and be like hey I need a car for 2-3 months so I went and picked up the Camaro. The plan is to pull the engine in the speed and then pull the Camaro in the garage. Trust me I hate that it's even sitting outside in nice weather and I wouldn't drive it in the winter. I contemplated buying any extra garage in my apartment complex but that's still up in the air. Someone else said the exact same thing you did on MSO about the Camaro, I didn't think to explain that part of the plan hahah.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haven't put an update in a bit. Engine is still in the car, I have had zero time to work on it between work and school. The Camaro is killing me, lost my brakes last week replaced the master cylinder and it's still leaking down in the front reservoir. I need to trace and see where the leak is coming from then probably replace the brake lines. Also my battery isn't charging so there's some sort of electrical issue going on. Lastly the whole front end of the Camaro needs to be rebuilt suspension wise, it's sketchy driving on the highway because the ruts turn my wheels when I'm trying to go straight. I'm hoping I can get all of this fixed on Saturday then finally start ordering parts for the speed when I know the Camaro is sound. It killed me to not buy anything on Black Friday with all the deals. Oh well, back to studying

Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Another update: A lot has happened since my last update. I graduated college (this past Saturday) with an Electrical Engineering degree , bought a new CX-5 with my fiance and fixed the Camaro!

Engine is disassembled, found that I bent a rod. I'm honestly surprised that it didn't break with how much it was bent.

Bought some KW V3s, Quaife LSD and Darton dry sleeves. Those are the main items.

I'm driving up to Cleveland this weekend to drop my block off with my engine builder to get it bored and sleeved. Some other exciting news is that I won a $500 gift card to Oddball Industries which is the shop that my engine builder works out of! So that should help me get my car back on the road even faster.

Last edited by CMajor; 05-02-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
KiwiFlavor (05-03-2017)
 Old 06-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Small update, CP-E is having issues with their wholesaler so I'm waiting on them to get my pistons. I contacted SP63 yesterday about their 3.7 final drive and brass shift forks so hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Also ordered 1/2" ARP2000 (Nissan Pulsar gti-r) head studs so there's that. Can't put my block in the machine shop until we have the pistons and head studs in hand so I'm mainly waiting on those. The 16wfab intake mani seems to be taking a bit longer than originally expected. I think Anthony is getting a new CNC machine so hopefully that's done soon. I will probably have that before I get my pistons from CP-E

Old 11-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #29

eroler1 will become famous soon enougheroler1 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey man, how did you confirm the 1/2 pulsar gti r head studs will fit the car, I mean aren't they longer than the 10mm we have as a stock, who's gonna drill your block, they gonna drill deeper right? Did you bought yours through mazworks?
eroler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2017, 04:33 PM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by eroler1 View Post
Hey man, how did you confirm the 1/2 pulsar gti r head studs will fit the car, I mean aren't they longer than the 10mm we have as a stock, who's gonna drill your block, they gonna drill deeper right? Did you bought yours through mazworks?
They fit with the proper machine work. I don’t know the name of the shop but Oddball Industries set it up with their local machine shop that they use. I bought them through Mazworks. I gave Oddball my head studs with the block and they told the machine shop what I wanted.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah thanks man, but the mazworks headstud is longer than stick right?
 Old 11-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah thanks man, but the mazworks headstud is longer than stick right?
Yes that’s correct. I didn’t update my pictures on this forum but I did on Mazdaspeeds.org if you check out my build thread over there

Old 11-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh I just checked it out, is there any way you guys can take a picture of it side by side, I wanna see the length difference from top to bottom
 Old 11-21-2017, 01:13 AM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

And sorry forgot to ask, only the block need to be machined to fit the oulsae gti r 1/2 headtstuds right? Or the mazworks headstud need to be machined as well?
 Old 11-25-2017, 06:53 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

And sorry forgot to ask, only the block need to be machined to fit the oulsae gti r 1/2 headtstuds right? Or the mazworks headstud need to be machined as well?
https://mazdaspeeds.org/index.php?th...d.2962/page-11

That’s the best picture I have (on page 11 of my other build thread), I don’t have them with me. The block and the head need to be machined the accept the headstuds. I’m sure if you found a machine shop that works on cars then they would know what to do.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:49 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, any update on your build? I read the last pages of your update on mazdaspeeds.
Bought the mazworx pulsar headstuds but I think it won't work. Mines is waaayyy longer than the stock headbolt like 2inches longer.
 Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #37

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, any update on your build? I read the last pages of your update on mazdaspeeds.
Bought the mazworx pulsar headstuds but I think it won't work. Mines is waaayyy longer than the stock headbolt like 2inches longer.
You can take them to a tool/machine shop and get them cut to what ever length you want, my engine builder had it done to my ARP main studs to use the balance shaft.

On a side note plenty of guys mainly the Freek built or parts supplied engines including his own 9 second car still using the 10mm H11 studs with around 800whp and have no issues with stock head gasket failure.
As long as the roughness of the decking for head and block is done to correct spec and proper torque procedure they have had no failures with boost around 40 or more psi
Gen 2 2012 - ATP GTX3076r IWG - Full Race exhaust mani - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF Intake Mani- UR Turbo Back - JBR tru 3.5 intake - TR8 FMIC - Devils own stage 2 WM - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the info man, I used to have sp63 CA625+ studs, but my headgasket is custom made for 1/2 HS anybody knows if that's gonna hold? Custom spec hokeynube head gasket
 Old 01-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #39

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That should hold, the custom one on his car had zero issues and made big hp.
Gen 2 2012 - ATP GTX3076r IWG - Full Race exhaust mani - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF Intake Mani- UR Turbo Back - JBR tru 3.5 intake - TR8 FMIC - Devils own stage 2 WM - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote