register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds

2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds Genpu - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #41

JSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the world
Groans: 94
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hope none of those DP studs are seized. Dont forget to properly bleed the coolant system afterwards either.
JSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #42

tbutts333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All the studs looked okay, and thanks for the advice ill look more into that also.
tbutts333 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #43

BlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the worldBlackFlag is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great writeup!
This will definitely come in handy.

Cobb ApV3///Cobb SRI+TIP///JBR Solid Shift Bushings///JBR 88 RMM///JBR SSP///
JBR Shift Knob///Cobb EBCM///MSR 045 18x8 +35///Nitto Nt05 235/40/18///CS Batt Box///CS Catted DP///ITV22's///Autotech Internals///TR8 FMIC///Koni FSD's/// CS springs
Freek Tuning Meow
BlackFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #44

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much fueling headroom do you have? Just wondering why you stopped at 21psi?
sheston is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #45

econman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the worldeconman is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

90-95% IDC at around 350whp w/ 21PSI. I had a bit left but didn't want to push it
econman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Turbo help

okay so I got the turbo in just wanna know if there are and torque specs for the manifold bolts?
 Old 11-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #47

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,771 Times in 3,848 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think it was about 55 ft/lbs. Not that it matters much as you will not be able to access most of the nuts with a torque wrench, just make sure the nuts are tight but not monkey tight.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome thanks. And one more thing how do you drain the colent? I'm not seeing a line and the cel light came on. The car at idle blows out cold air. But when it's being driven the car blows hot air I think that has to do with the coolent. Thanks
 Old 11-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #49

ShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to beholdShadowHunter117 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by econman View Post
90-95% IDC at around 350whp w/ 21PSI. I had a bit left but didn't want to push it
It sounds like the intake and exhaust manifold changes on my setup do make a difference then. I have a very similar set up to yours with the same turbo and intake, but I have a stock intake mani that is PnP and has VTC delete, as well as a Steedspeed exhaust mani. It has been a while since I have looked at some logs, but I am pushing 23.5-24 PSI and don't think I was reaching 90+ WGDC yet. The intake mani mods aren't to expensive to get done, but a different exhaust mani costs a bit.

Great write up on the install btw. I had some members of our local MazdaSpeed group who had already done some turbo upgrades to help out with mine.
Engine: HTP 3.5" Intake, HTP Small Battery Box, GTX2867R Turbo, TR6 Intercooler w/CX Racing Pipe, PNP Stock Intake Mani w/ VTC Delete, Steadspeed Exhaust Mani, CNT Catted DP, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust, Autotech HPFP Internals, JBR OCC, JBR EGR Delete, 3-bar MAP Sensor, Grimmspeed EBCS, Forge BPV V2, Stratified Tuned
Handling: CS Lowering Springs, JBR Rear Swaybar, JBR PMM/TMM(70 duro) RMM(88 duro), GTSPEC Chassis Braces(Except trunk), Front Strut Tower Bar, 17x9 TRMotorsports C3 Wheels w/ 245/40ZR17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
Waiting to Install: Stratified Guardian Angel, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit w/Failsafe and Trunk Mount Tank
ShadowHunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #50

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,771 Times in 3,848 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No need to drain the coolant, just make sure to replace the coolant you lost when you were installing the turbo, and make sure to burp the system so you do not have any air bubbles trapped in there.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #51

Tomumass06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the post. I have been working on this the past weekend and it has been a bitch so far. My car is a stock 2011with 120k on it now. The heat shields most likely will not be usable again. My last engine build made 7300 shp just sayin.
Tomumass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #52

Zozr will become famous soon enoughZozr will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks, great pictures

Last edited by Zozr; 11-10-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Pictures started showing for me again....weird
Zozr is offline   Reply With Quote