register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds

2010 MS3 - Big Turbo Builds Genpu - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #1

GabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Stock block, gtx2867 build

Whats up everyone, I think its time I shared my build and progress.

Let me begin by saying that ive been part of this forum for about 3 years now and cannot even begin to say how much ive learned thanks to everyone here.

before the BT, I was pretty much bolted on the k04 and had done 90% of all installs myself which was a lot of fun, sometimes frustrating, but always learning. how this car never fell apart with me doing the wrenching on it is beyond me. I also sprayed myself in the face with fuel while doing the HPFP, and left half my hand skin behind while doing the DP too, that was fun...

So far I must say that the most fun part has been learning to tune a car. Ill be the first to say that I am far from an expert doing it, but thanks to the guys here I can hold my own.

now on to the actual build... I finally took the plunge and after much debate I went with the GTX2867R.
paired that sucker with Cp-e exhaust mani, Tial 44mm EWG, Cp-e downscream dp and VTA dump tube with the Triton catback, Cp-e XcelXL intake and TIH. Cobb EBCS, corksport 3.5 bar map sensor, and AEM V2 W/M kit.
plus what was already on the car; Cp-e FMIC and all 3 motor mounts, Tial BPV, JBR short shifter, shifter knob & mud flaps, and corksport springs.

things I wanna do soon; Intake mani, I'm open to suggestions on this one. probably do injector seals while I'm at it too and a catch can.

most of the work for the BT was done by Mitch @www.cp-e.com; so big thanks to him for working day and night, especially the w/m kit install. While doing this I got to see all of their facility and was very impressed with their work.

Currently @rfinkle2; is tuning me for solid maps so once we finish I will share the results, and in between that process I have been playing around with own maps that ive customized from simple OTS maps, and I'm pretty pleased with how its running so far.

Vdyno is self tune, spraying about 80/20 mix thru a snow 375 cc/min but not tuning for it really, just taking the added octane/ temp and cleaning benefit for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vdyno.jpg (70.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0199.JPG (2.39 MB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0206.JPG (2.16 MB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0207.JPG (2.11 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (1.53 MB, 30 views)
GabbyChaves is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #2

iwabo will become famous soon enoughiwabo will become famous soon enough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm pretty much doing the same thing minus the EWG. I'm still skeptical about doing the meth kit myself, i'' probably have to pay someone who has more knowledge than myself to do it.
iwabo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #3

GabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the worldGabbyChaves is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by iwabo View Post
I'm pretty much doing the same thing minus the EWG. I'm still skeptical about doing the meth kit myself, i'' probably have to pay someone who has more knowledge than myself to do it.
Yup, I am pretty hands on with anything mechanical but as soon as there are wires and electricity involved, i take a step back. If you can afford to have someone who knows what they're doing do your install, that's the way to go for sure if you are nervous about doing it yourself.
GabbyChaves is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #4

iwabo will become famous soon enoughiwabo will become famous soon enough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GabbyChaves View Post
Yup, I am pretty hands on with anything mechanical but as soon as there are wires and electricity involved, i take a step back. If you can afford to have someone who knows what they're doing do your install, that's the way to go for sure if you are nervous about doing it yourself.
trust me i have sweaty palms about it
iwabo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #5

jdmluvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks a lot, that exhaust mani is so beautiful that I may have to get one!
jdmluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #6

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good luck and make sure you post where you end up with the tune.

When I grow up (blow the K04), I've been really thinking about the same GTX2867R turbo. I beat the K04 harder than most, and hopefully the GTX will just up the curve and still have almost instantaneous torque
 Old 03-10-2017, 08:50 PM   #7

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been running this turbo for years now. I am super happy with it and wouldn't change the setup. It's been super reliable and and sounds fucking badass. Have fun with the car!
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #8

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not to thread jack, but maybe OP would like to see it as well,
@snailD; could you post some more details about your set-up? Seems you would need additional fueling. what boost, .... etc

Thanks
 Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #9

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
Not to thread jack, but maybe OP would like to see it as well,
@snailD; could you post some more details about your set-up? Seems you would need additional fueling. what boost, .... etc

Thanks
the power in my sig was corrected for 4500ft asl. i was on the edge for fueling. i have since been mainly running 350whp corrected. you will need additional fueling for 400 range power at sea level.
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote