register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #1

Whitebullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 06 MS6 Build - Advice Welcome

SP63 new OEM Long Block Stage 1
Autotech Hi-Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit
JBR Rear Motor Mount 80A (moving to Damond for reduced NVH)
Mazda OEM Spin-On Conversion Kit
Bosch 3 Bar TMap Map Sensor with IAT
ATP Turbo Downpipe with high flow cat
Cobb Tuning AccessPort V3
Mazda OEM Oil Strainer Tube
BNR S4 Turbo Kit
Grimmspeed EBCS Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Mazdaspeed 6 2006-2007
3" intake of some sort
LUK clutch and resurface the dual mass flywheel or buy new. (I've read a resurfacing of dual mass will not last long? I want dual mass to retain the oem feel.)
Damond OCC

Tuned by SP63 guys or Freektune

new PCV valve, belts, rebuilt starter and alternator
new oils all around
New spark plugs, but what kind should i use?
Do i need a after market BOV/bypass with this set-up?

I am building for improved performer but a daily driver and long term driver
100K on the chassis

What key ingredients am i missing, to start with and then perhaps add later?
thanks

Last edited by Whitebullet; 12-04-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Whitebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,540 Times in 1,671 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You need both rear diff mounts.

Dont bother with the dual mass flywheel, the fidanza part is much cheaper, and I didn't notice any difference in NVH from the OEM.

If you dont already have the AP, buy Versatune instead. They're still actively working on our software, unlike Cobb.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
Whitebullet (12-05-2018)
 Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #3

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can get an heavier aftermarket flywheel from ACT that will keep traffic driving easier but the problem will be the disk. To hold s4 potential, (450+ pound of torque) you may need a ceramic multi pucks disc and this one can changes the feeling more than the flywheel it self. You can't have the best of both world unless you get an expensive twin or multidisk clutch kit and reviews about the availaible ones wasn't the greatest ever...
The pedal will also get harder with a stronger PP.

SP63 stage one claim to come with 4032 pistons that is the perfect choice for dayly driving but i would personally pay for a keyed crankshaft option for peace of mind there.

You miss a fmic in your list.

A bov isn't working good with these engine, the oem BPV could leak out of the plastic case but it isn't a big deal it can run with it without any real problems but a metal one remain better as long as it isn't the chineese one comming with a fmic kit.

I would go with a larger intake right a way as 3'' is the minimum but you can get benefit from running a 3.5 with a special battery tray or relocating ECU etc...

You would need a base tune as the setup won't work above iddle on stock tune with the map and intake difference.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

Last edited by Jeff23spl; 12-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff23spl For This Useful Post:
Whitebullet (12-06-2018)
 Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #4

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

by the way, starter and alt. doesn't need rebuild if it is still working fine, it may get worse if rebuild with chineese parts...

but you may need new iddler and belt tensionner, i would also check the AC clutch bearing once at it.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #5

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 195
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Whitebullet View Post
SP63 new OEM Long Block Stage 1
Autotech Hi-Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit
JBR Rear Motor Mount 80A (moving to Damond for reduced NVH)
Mazda OEM Spin-On Conversion Kit
Bosch 3 Bar TMap Map Sensor with IAT
ATP Turbo Downpipe with high flow cat
Cobb Tuning AccessPort V3
Mazda OEM Oil Strainer Tube
BNR S4 Turbo Kit
Grimmspeed EBCS Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Mazdaspeed 6 2006-2007
3" intake of some sort
LUK clutch and resurface the dual mass flywheel or buy new. (I've read a resurfacing of dual mass will not last long? I want dual mass to retain the oem feel.)
Damond OCC

Tuned by SP63 guys or Freektune

new PCV valve, belts, rebuilt starter and alternator
new oils all around
New spark plugs, but what kind should i use?
Do i need a after market BOV/bypass with this set-up?

I am building for improved performer but a daily driver and long term driver
100K on the chassis

What key ingredients am i missing, to start with and then perhaps add later?
thanks
Get to reading. Tons of build information on this site. All the questions you are asking have been answered tons of times.

If you go with the suggested HTP 3.5" intake locate your battery in the trunk. Those smaller batteries IMHO just don't have enough CCA to warrant their use. YMMV.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote