register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree18Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #81

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 195
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow! I never thought to just yank the motor instead of dropping the subframe. Nice you have the space and tools to get it done.

How long did it take you to yank it out?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #82

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
How long did it take you to yank it out?
Most of the progress happened in the first 2 hours because I've had all that stuff off many times before. It slowed way down after that. Didn't do enough research before hand because I thought it was going to be a Nator weekend where there would be some experienced individuals, but those plans fell through. Wanted to be doubly sure what needed to come off the engine before lift.

Mostly by myself, taking my time, I had it out in about 8-9 hours. There are pros and cons to doing it this way. I opted to leave the front of my car on. It was a squeeze between the overflow bottle and cowl, but it fit. It will be harder jiggling it back in.

The actual flywheel & clutch change was a breeze with the engine out. Once the trans is all cleaned up and axle seals replaced (and pivot seal) tonight, I can easily pop it back on. Then clean xfer case and replace all those axle seals and easily pop it back on.

Then I have to flop to the other end and replace all the VVT stuff. Again, easily accessible with the engine out. Picking up timing tools tomorrow after work from a local member.

During all that, I'll try to paint what I can so it looks pretty when it goes back together. Top of the trans is nasty from where the pivot seal has been leaking. Not sure if I'll have time to clean it well enough for paint. But I'll certainly give the valve cover a fresh coat. Basic silver/aluminum look. I'm not flashy with pinks/purples/greens/and blues.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
Thor Hammer (09-25-2017)
 Old 09-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #83

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pic of old ToB below. The new replacement is a slightly different design. Two parts held together with metal bracketry instead of bonding.

Also, decided to replace clutch fork too instead of just the pivot pin. So I need to see how quick the stealership can get one...and at what cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170925_185815.jpg (835.3 KB, 12 views)
Other rides:
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
 Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #84

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dang, I didn't do a follow up. Nothing crazy to note though.

Pulled timing chain tensioner/chain/guides/crank gear and the oil pump chain/tensioner/gears (to get to back friction washer out).

All looked good. Very little chain stretch. Guides looked good too. It was evident that it had been replaced at some point. So I put it all back together with the new washers and crank bolt.

Since then, it's been running as expected.

About a month ago I guess, I installed a 3-port EBCS. Mounted it to the firewall. Quite a bit of the clicky solenoid sound is heard from inside, so I need to move it somewhere else or isolate it a little.

Received CS lowering springs and CS diff mount yesterday. Currently undecided if I want to install them or sell them. Could really use the funds for my next task at hand.

Which is... I'm picking up a longblock on Monday. I won't really have much chance to dig into it until after Thanksgiving weekend. Top priority is tearing it down, throwing away the rods/pistons, cleaning it up, and measuring everything to see what I'm working with.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 12-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #85

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The first of many boxes are starting to arrive.

For @texasboy21;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171201_202329.jpg (677.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20171201_201652.jpg (705.7 KB, 12 views)
darkmx-6 likes this.
Other rides:
History:

Last edited by Fstrnyou; 12-01-2017 at 06:59 PM.
 Old 12-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #86

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mmm...more bling to be hidden inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (1.16 MB, 14 views)
Other rides:
History:
5doorsoffury (12-11-2017)
 Old 12-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #87

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tore apart the top end of the donor last night. Cylinders look fairly decent. Not sure what I'm going to do with the head/cams yet.
Started digging into the bottom tinight, but hit a snag on getting 1 of the rod bolts off. A 6pt 3/8 socket worked for all but 1. Need to hit up HF for the proper inverted torx socket. I'm guessing an E12 socket or something close to it. The 3 rod journals I can see look pretty good to me. Will put a mic on the crank when I get it out tomorrow.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 12-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #88

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im pretty sure they were 12pt metric when i took mine out. Iirc the only inverted torx was the hpfp bolts and studs. Thoes pistons look nice. My short block over head view was my desktop pic for a year.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2017, 07:02 PM   #89

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The OE bolts turned out to be E12 or something. The aftermarket rod bolts are 12pt.

Checked rod/main journals. Looks like I'll be putting in STD bearings, so that's nice.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 12-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #90

darkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Liking what I'm seeing on your build, Hopefully instead of going as far as you are going I'll just be happy with power I make from bolt-on's and a bit of E85.

This car was/is going to be my daily driver.

I think once I finish tuning and installing the current Items I have I'll chill out on this car. Then I can finally finish my other projects.
darkmx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #91

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Christmas isn't over yet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180104_180507.jpg (688.1 KB, 21 views)
darkmx-6 likes this.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 01-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #92

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mmm....more goodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (1.45 MB, 13 views)
darkmx-6 likes this.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 01-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #93

LenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to all
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is your plan for a catch can for your PCV set up? trying to get ideas on what to do.
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump
Soon: CS HPFP line, fix oil leak from turbo return line and some more stuff....

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far

'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #94

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I already have 2 catch cans. The one attached to the PCV is the Damond kit (Stage 2). I'm not sure what I want to do with the additional port in the plate...probably a 3rd can or possibly route them both to a new/larger can.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 01-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #95

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This aught to help get the power to the ground...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180115_174250.jpg (683.1 KB, 11 views)
Other rides:
History:
 Old 01-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #96

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This baby arrived the other day. Ordered 3, got 1. The other 2 are on a 4 month backorder. But Treadstone informed me of the backorder before shipping anything. I told them I will take the 1 and wait on the rest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180127_140119.jpg (772.3 KB, 14 views)
Other rides:
History:
 Old 02-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #97

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Magnaflow CBE went on the other night. Love the quiet sound, strong dislike for how it fits.

Of course the exhaust tip/shrouds had to be removed from the lower valence. The MF tip barely fits in the opening that's left.

My original plan was to chop up the kit to change the 2.5" pipe to 3" and then either trash the massive tips to put the shrouds back on or try to oval them out to fit better.

I have some contact somewhere that's rattling on rough roads that I need to figure out and the tips are touching the plastic. Need to fix that before it turns into a melted black goo.

Also, made progress on battery trunk mount. Will post pics later when it's closer to completion.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 02-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #98

LenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

that's good info on the MagnaFlow exhaust, I was thinking about going that root, my buddy has a CS exhaust that is awesome don't get me wrong, but now seems to droan like a mother after a couple years, we may add a resonator on his to quiet it down a tad.
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump

Old 02-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #99

darkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is it just me or is treadstone super slow at fulfilling orders and getting back to emails. Most places answer emails in within 24h.

do you mind a slight thread hijack I was going to say more ,but then I thought I should ask.
 Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #100

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

They are slow. I contacted them to ask for an update and only then did they try to call me but I couldn't answer at the time. they then emailed back with, "we've been trying to contact you about your order...blah blah...backorder...blah blah" They gave me the choice of cancelling the order or waiting on the cores.

It's obvious they don't make their own cores. But, they are at least manufactured specifically for them and probably to their specs.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 02-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #101

Not Ranked  0 score     

I ordered a simple check valve for the vacuum line going to the brake booster. 10mm is the hose size. Because I didn't want another stock one that would fail.
They took forever to just get it in the mail and now they are taking forever to answer back. I think I'm just going to open a paypal dispute with them.

Good luck on getting your stuff in a timely manner. Corksport had my long exhaust down pipe on back order for months , but at least they kept in touch.
 Old 02-28-2018, 08:19 AM   #102

Not Ranked  0 score     

I contacted Treadstone by phone and now they are clearing everything up. Much faster and better service than what I had. They sent me the wrong size and a new one is on the way.
 Old 03-17-2018, 11:34 PM   #103

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Picked up my block and crank from the machine shop on Friday. Looks good. Just needs a good cleaning and rinsing. Only had to take .004 off the deck for a smooth finish.

Also, working on my own oil pan baffle. Still developing templates for transferring to sheetmetal.
...because I have a very strong dislike for the available options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180316_174226.jpg (723.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180316_174131.jpg (674.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20180315_205546.jpg (590.9 KB, 9 views)
Other rides:
History:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
JSmith (03-18-2018), kTaLgsTo (03-18-2018)
 Old 03-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #104

Not Ranked  0 score     

Any thought into what you were going to set the piston ring gap to? I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to do it, was thinking about going slightly more then what the factory gap was because I plan on running anywhere between 20-25 psi and figure having slightly more gap would be beneficial to not having the rings bind with the extra pressure/heat over stock.

BTW that block looks awesome!

Old 03-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #105

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Additional heat requires additional gap. I read a very informative article a while back. Basically a thorough study regarding ring gaps. There were nearly no negatives having overly large gaps. So rather than putting a huge amount of science and thought behind the perfect ring gap, I was going to add a few thou to Manley's recommendation. I want to say the spec is 7-8 thou per inch bore, so 24-28 thousandths. I might do 26-30.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 03-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #106

Not Ranked  0 score     

I believe that wiseco's formula is bore x .0050 for the top and bore x .0055 for second ring on moderate turbo/nitrous cars and with 88mm or 3.464" pistons, if I remember right that brings it to .01732 for top and .019052 for second, of course rounding up for ease of measurement.

I forgot what the stock specs are, the book I printed are at home but I seem to remember that it was a few thou more then stock for both.

Seeing as we have similarish builds I wanted to see what your input was.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #107

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm aiming for 450whp and I believe it'll take more than 30 psi to do it. Manley has a spec for 30+psi and I just confirmed that it is .008 x bore. So 28 thou is Manley's recommendation for a 30+psi build.

Also, you don't "need" a larger gap on the 2nd ring. At running temperature, the top ring sees a lot more heat than the second ring, so it will tighten up more and therefore have a smaller gap anyways if they have the same cold gap.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #108

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hoping to have this monster reinstalled tomorrow.

Whiteline RSB
CS Diff Mount
White Widow Diff Mount
Russian Bushings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180403_000326.jpg (698.5 KB, 12 views)
Other rides:
History:
Thor Hammer (04-05-2018)
 Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #109

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow you just drop the whole thing out eh? Is that the only way to go about it?? (for those parts listed)
 Old 04-03-2018, 06:20 AM   #110

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I was only doing one item, I would have left it in.
But for both diff mounts, sway bar, and bushings, I figured it would be easier to work on without having to lay on the floor.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #111

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would assume this will make quite the improvement, making her nice and tight in the rear
 Old 04-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #112

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got her all buttoned up tonight. Didn't get an opportunity to take any hard corners on the way home to feel it out.
I do hear a slight whine from the rear that goes away when I disengage the AWD coupler. I think my tires have some irregularity thats loading up the gears.

But with that, I have confirmed for myself that the AWD is active above a certain mph, even at interstate speeds. At slow speeds, AWD is reactive.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #113

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 195
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
If I was only doing one item, I would have left it in.
But for both diff mounts, sway bar, and bushings, I figured it would be easier to work on without having to lay on the floor.
Absolutely easier to take it out for all of that. I took mine out to change the diff and had it done in about 6 hours. Wish I had done it that way when I installed my CPE diff mount and Whitline RSB!

How's it feel? Are you on the stiffest setting? I felt an immediate improvement!
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #114

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the bushings for over a year waiting for this job. Got my hands on the diff mounts and sway bar within the past few months. Took me these past few months to finally get a weekend available. This is something I planned from the beginning. Get all the parts and do it once.

Stiff setting. I haven't really had the opportunity to take it to the limit around a curve...yet. I'm going to gradually push it harder until I find the new limit. But regular driving around, it feels the same.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #115

Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you running stock bolts for mains and head or arp? Also are you planning g on a balance assembly delete?

Old 04-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #116

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My original plan was keep balance shaft and OE bolts for mains and head.

Changed mind to BSD with APR mains and making my own baffle but sticking with OE head bolts.

Reason behind ARP mains is that it looked like there was enough "extra" thread to attach a windage tray, but seeing how little space there is between the baffle plate and crank girdle, a windage tray seems pointless. Hadn't really considered selling the ARP mains until just now.
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #117

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is more exciting than when I got my turbo.

Let the build begin!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180417_215151.jpg (592.8 KB, 15 views)
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 PM   #118

Hoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the worldHoyoman is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks great. go with .020 top .022 bottom runs great for people in the 500+.

I also opted to make my own baffle looks similar to your template. you should add slits directional to the crank rotation for faster drain instead of the oil sitting on top trying to find its way down.
2012 black mica MS3 ; 3.5 HTP/ Catless DP/ AT HPFP/ APV2/ FMIC/ GFB BOv/ 3" CBE/ RMM/ XXR 530(18x9 +33)/ NT05 245/40/18/ 3bar map/ 3 port EBCS/ bnrs3/ DO stg2 dvc30/ REAR swaybar/ EBC Yellow/ CS Inj seals/ PNP IM/ Manley H-Beam/ Manley platinum piston 87.5/ soon...... PI+ BNRs6+ 44mm TIAL+ ACT 6 puck

E35 meth d012 26psi 420/451 self tuned/built
Hoyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #119

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why it's always a good idea to do a bolt check...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180418_194337.jpg (433.4 KB, 17 views)
Other rides:
History:
 Old 04-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #120

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Picked up a CPE TMIC from a local.

Also, a few things have arrived in the past few days...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (1.35 MB, 7 views)
Other rides:
History: