register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree14Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #161

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LenSpeed6 View Post
I'm skeptical on winter use with W/M
below -20deg C i switch it off to avoid any humidity to freeze inside the map tube because 1 time i got the controller triggering the pump at iddle!!!. But now i have a programmable controler that read rpm, boost and maf to control it so it won't happen again. BTW, winter washer fluid is a methanol mix (30-35%) with water to avoid freezing, a lot use that as W/M juice ...
Since last winter, i 'm a lot more afraid of OCC freezing than anything else...

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #162

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Eth and meth dont make motors immune to blowing up.
Usually it's a tuning issue or a mechanical/system failure.
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Forged build ongoing. Manley H-Tuff & 2618, King Bearings

Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #163

Solarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Eth and meth dont make motors immune to blowing up.
Usually it's a tuning issue or a mechanical/system failure.

That’s precisely the issue. Methanol can CAUSE a motor to blow up if the pump fails or a nozzle gets clogged. Ethanol alone RAISES combustion temps at max load, causing overheating issues. So, long story short, both = insurance against each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solarsurge is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2018, 04:35 PM   #164

LenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

sounds like the sideffects that are listed for all mediations... take this to combat that but also take this other thing to combat what that brings and so on and so on....
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump
Soon: CS HPFP line, fix oil leak from turbo return line and some more stuff....

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far

'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #165

Solarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond reputeSolarsurge has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LenSpeed6 View Post
sounds like the sideffects that are listed for all mediations... take this to combat that but also take this other thing to combat what that brings and so on and so on....
Warning: Ethanol + Methanol may cause premature ejaculation. lol
 Old 07-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #166

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I feel like I'm missing something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180707_172000.jpg (742.2 KB, 12 views)

Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
 Old 07-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #167

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Because Build Threads Are A Thing

Turbo oil feed line, belt tensioner pulley, crank position sensor, alternator, and perhaps a cylinder head lol

Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #168

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

D-Day (disassembly day) estimated to be next week Monday. Drop my car off at the shop Sunday evening after dropping my daughter off at her mom's.
I'm anticipating it will go a tad quicker this round. I had the engine out 9 months ago for clutch replacement and VVT inspection.
I pretty much have only a week and a half consisting of short evenings and 1 weekend to make it happen before I get to pick my daughter back up on Friday after work.
The agonizing truth is, there's always something I forget. Knock in wood it's something simple.

Other rides:
History:
 Old 07-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #169

LenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to allLenSpeed6 is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Seeing that you have prior experience, just take your time and try not to rush. I think your going to do just fine!
Sure Diff Mounts, JBR Intake, JBR I/C Hoses, Wiesco pistons .5mm over, Molnar H-Beam Rods, King bearings, New to me Cylinder Block, CS turbo, CS catted turbo back exhaust, CS HPFP, CS EBCS, CS injector seals, AP v3, FREEKTUNE, rebuilt clutch from Falcon Clutch with kevlar lining, DM PCV plate, DM stage 1 OCC, EcoBoost oil pump
Soon: CS HPFP line, fix oil leak from turbo return line and some more stuff....

To think... this is suppose to be my winter car... because,

'72 AMC Javelin AMX 366 CI, 4speed 13.13 quickest 1/4 mile et so far

'12 1/2 Triumph Daytona 675R stock some how
LenSpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #170

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

She's out again. And yes, from the top like last time.

Bad news, radiator upper hose connection is falling apart, so I guess that's the unplanned surprise and delay that I was waiting for. Wouldn't mind getting a nice upgrade...but I think those are hard to come by these days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (600.6 KB, 7 views)

Other rides:
History:
 Old 07-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #171

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

On my 3, i just cut half of an inch and squeeze it back until i got a new one...But it work only if it is just the far end that is damaged...

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 07-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #172

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's cracked back a good ways. Not worth the risk as a daily driver to get stuck out of town.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180718_194132.jpg (668.7 KB, 6 views)

Other rides:
History:
 Old 07-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #173

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
It's cracked back a good ways. Not worth the risk as a daily driver to get stuck out of town.

That legit looks like some sort of dog treat or a tube made of beef jerky lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsurge For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (07-20-2018)
 Old 07-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #174

Not Ranked  0 score     

right it is very damaged

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 07-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #175

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The other day, I had a IDGAF attitude and went full retard.
Looked for radiator upgrades and bought the Ron Davis radiator from Street Unit. I haven't received updates on my order, so I'm curious if they even have any in stock. If not, ill cancel the order (of course) and it may have saved me from needing a 2nd job to pay for it.

While I was in the spending mood, I also ordered AWR's trans mount. I didn't feel like waiting on Damond's version.

Other rides:
History:
 Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #176

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Okay. As I sort of expected, that radiator isn't available. I was hoping SU still had some in stock but at the same time hoping they didnt cause that's a lot of $$.
They already refunded the money.
Checked all the parts stores in the area and obviously none are in stock and only a couple places would allow me to order it. I'll have to call the local stealership in the morning.

Ordered a new water pump and spin-on oil filter conversion from Edge a few days ago, but they won't be delivered until Monday.

So this weekend will primarily be cleaning and painting.

Other rides:
History: