register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree26Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #1

davychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Davychronic's corksport/gtx build

So I guess im far enough along now to start a build thread.
Bought this car in February because I felt it was appropriate to have an awd grocery getter since the winters here tend to suck. Im not trying to acheive the highest hp or test the strength of the internals, im just trying to make this car how mazda should have from the factory for the most part.<---This may have slightly changed... My factory k04 never had any issues, im am just tired of such a weak powerband. I will be very happy with 350whp<---not happy anymore, I need moar, so that was kind of my goal. Just enough to shit on a minor bolt-on 5.0 or equivalent since thats what most people have around here.

So mods before this project started goes as follows...
jbr pp2 intake
corksport internals
cs rmm
3 bar map
ill post a dl with that shit on e30 tuned by myself...

So I bought a @CorkSport; turbo because I like the td05 ra since ive used them in the past with a lot of success and I really like what cs is doing for our platform and not giving up on us. I also picked up the turboxs v3 exhaust mani after reading the long ass thread by @Turbo_Steve; and I appreciate what he has done for us and I wanted to keep my tmic setup and a lot of toob manifolds dont allow for it. Also went with the divorced cs downpipe mainly because its a small exit out of the turbo and tapers to 3 inch (im guessing to help with any creep associated with an bellmouth dp).

Then I started searching for a tuner, I read a lot of threads about tuners and called a few and ended up choosing the guys over at Purple Drank. What made me choose was the conversation I had with Will on the phone about what my power goals were and what I could expect out of what I got. This was about a month before I started my install that I started inquiring about a tune. He also made a couple recommendations about how to squeeze a few extra ponies so I picked up a jbr 3.5" intake and took my intake manifold off to check my valves' condition.

After checking my valves they looked like shit so I pulled the head and had it built with all supertech hardware 1mm oversized with inconel exhaust valves and 55lb valvesprings (20lb over stock)..
I also used this opportunity to change the vvt, timing chain, tensioner, guides.
I also figured id ditch the vtcs so i cut that crap out and did a little port matching.
I decided on arp8740 studs, I read the thread after the fact but still not concerned. So I torqued mine to 80ft/lb on a cometic .01 thickness increase hg.

So it went together pretty easy in a day by myself, added a DamondMotorsports vented catch can, blocked off egr, painted the valvecover wrinkle black, got some cpe inj seals (i added permatex #2 ), jbr tig, and a cpe deltacore tmic. I wrapped the header and dp in dei titanium and used dei gold on the underside of the tmic and shroud, probably forgetting some stuff but you get the picture I did a lot of shit.

At first I wasn't all too impressed with the new sound coming from the exhaust, so I will probably pick up a resonated tp from corksport to quiet the tone down and hopefully take the "raspy" sound away.
The new 3.5" intake is nice and quiet until you get into boost, then you hear the turbo screaming to life.

I dont want to go through and post a bunch of datalogs unless some specific parts that are requested but once the tune is finished I will be taking it down to Karls Performance and see what the real dyno numbers are compared to vdyno.

So after a bunch of going back and forth with Ryan from PD, he is suggesting that I scale down to a 3 gallon (e24) mix instead of a 4 gallon (e30) mix because my engine is flowing a little better than expected and I am running out of fuel at 20psi on e30. Honestly the main reason I am wanting to run e30 is because it is very plentiful for me in my area, in fact more plentiful than 91 octane (I can buy e30 straight from the pump).

So now I just ordered the Aquamist HFS-4 methanol kit with two 1.2mm injectors and I plan to tap my cold pipe for both injectors as suggested by Ryan.
I really wanted to make good power on e30 without meth but running out of fuel at 20psi only got me to 330ish on vdyno.

So now im walking down a slippery slope with my stock internals once its addicted to meth and probably going to build it next summer but ill see how far I can go with this turbo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150921_185026.jpg (4.54 MB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 20151001_171928.jpg (4.83 MB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg 20151002_162149.jpg (4.58 MB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 20151002_183459.jpg (3.89 MB, 157 views)
Attached Files
File Type: csv last k04 dl.csv (11.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv e30 running out of fuel.csv (8.6 KB, 12 views)

Got some go fast parts, some comfortable seats and some stopping power

Last edited by davychronic; 05-03-2016 at 01:31 PM.
davychronic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to davychronic For This Useful Post:
09speedaddict (10-02-2015), amoosenamedhank (11-02-2015), Barett@CorkSport (11-02-2015), dr0 (10-04-2015), ericrapp0507@gmail.com (01-01-2016), ItsNox (11-02-2015), Jackis (10-04-2015), nekret (10-03-2015), rolliepollie07 (10-02-2015), speedfreak44 (10-02-2015), Thepedigree13 (10-02-2015)
 Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #2

davychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the worlddavychronic is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is last vdyno on k04
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last stock turbo run.jpg (79.6 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by davychronic; 10-03-2015 at 07:08 PM.
 Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #3

09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute09speedaddict has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 28
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet setup. I'm really leaning towards this turbo in my speed3. Just a small note; worried about it being lean? or is that covered under the "base map"category?
09speedaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 09speedaddict View Post
Sweet setup. I'm really leaning towards this turbo in my speed3. Just a small note; worried about it being lean? or is that covered under the "base map"category?
There wasnt any knock, its on e30 and targets were 11.6 so the future revisions im sure will iron that out. It pulls strong up top, great turbo so far.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:07 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is my last e30 vdyno, we were barely started on this tune (2nd revision) before a 3 gallon mix was suggested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e30 tuning.jpg (81.4 KB, 276 views)

Old 11-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #6

JakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the worldJakeMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice numbers bet it's fun to take off from those stop lights!!

Cobb AP V3, CBE
Corksport Catted DP
JBR FMIC Pipe Kit w/TR8
CP-E TIP/3.5" Intake
DM OCC/TMM
Forge V2 BPV
Bilstein B8 w/Swift springs
Sure RDS-05
EBC RedStuff 4 corners
XXR 555 18x8.5 + 35
JakeMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JakeMS3 View Post
Nice numbers bet it's fun to take off from those stop lights!!
Haha where I live the closest stoplight is like 40 miles away, but yea it is pretty fun to drive. Just looking for a little bit more, trying to shoot for 400whp with meth now. I would like to push 26-28 psi on e30 and meth and see what it'll do.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #8

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,614 Times in 1,803 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by davychronic View Post
Im not trying to acheive the highest hp or test the strength of the internals, im just trying to make this car how mazda should have from the factory for the most part. So now im walking down a slippery slope with my stock internals once its addicted to meth and probably going to build it next summer
Quoted for lol

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
davychronic (11-02-2015), Gitcherex (05-09-2016)
 Old 11-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Quoted for lol
Haha thanks...Just not happy with only 20psi so away I go with testing the integrity of the factory internals for a few months (which will be in the winter and we get a lot of snow so wot wont be a common occurrence). I thought I would be happy with it until a new corvette beat me on a roll.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davychronic For This Useful Post:
Gitcherex (01-01-2016), Mazdazilla6 (11-02-2015)
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #10

Gitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud of
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has the final revision been completed yet? If so, what #'s are you hitting?

p.s. Did ya ever get another chance at the Corvette?
Gitcherex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I tried to get some dyno time in before vacation to complete my tune and get some real numbers but weather wasnt cooperating. My last datalog put me at 367hp 373tq on e30 with 1.01cf

Originally Posted by Gitcherex View Post
Has the final revision been completed yet? If so, what #'s are you hitting?

p.s. Did ya ever get another chance at the Corvette?

Nah no chance at the vette yet and i havent got any good races down here in Dallas et either, kind of surprising but there is also fuggin construction everywhere so its kind of hard to find a safe place to run

Last edited by davychronic; 01-01-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to davychronic For This Useful Post:
Gitcherex (01-01-2016)
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #12

ericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the worldericrapp0507@gmail.com is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha thanks...Just not happy with only 20psi so away I go with testing the integrity of the factory internals for a few months (which will be in the winter and we get a lot of snow so wot wont be a common occurrence). I thought I would be happy with it until a new corvette beat me on a roll.
This is our life

Race his ass in the snow !!

a win is a win
Gitcherex likes this.
ericrapp0507@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ericrapp0507@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
Gitcherex (01-01-2016)
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:43 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hahaha

Old 01-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #14

Gitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud ofGitcherex has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

I tried to get some dyno time in before vacation to complete my tune and get some real numbers but weather wasnt cooperating. My last datalog put me at 367hp 373tq on e30 with 1.01cf

Nah no chance at the vette yet and i havent got any good races down here in Dallas et either, kind of surprising but there is also fuggin construction everywhere so its kind of hard to find a safe place to run
very nice, thats roughly what my goal is (for now lol). But I know the feeling all too well, no matter how much I taunt em, people ignore me lol.
Gitcherex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Its good power, im happy with it. I have an aquamist meth kit ready to be installed but ill probably wait til i build the motor. On 93 I can hit 27psi super fast (like 3700rpm) and hold it to about 5500rpm wher i need to taper it down to 25psi hitting fuel limits. I need to datalog one of my 93 runs and see where im at there. Ive started to play with running 12.0afr on my e30 tune to get more boost but i richen it to 11.8 at 5500 and up.

Mazdazilla6 (01-01-2016)
 Old 01-02-2016, 05:42 PM   #16

redgenpu has a spectacular aura aboutredgenpu has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would not feel bad losing to a Stingray. Any 'vette made in the last few years is very quick, plus you have AWD slowing you down at higher speeds. I am considering this turbo and can only hope to be competitive with a new vette. Congrats on the install - 27 psi seems insane
davychronic likes this.
redgenpu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just to add a few things to my bulid thread

Got a pair of Corbeau RRS seats with heaters and brackets all from Corbeau. Install was pretty straight forward, still waiting on resistors to come in to fix airbag lights. Passenger rail is missing a spot fot the lower seat belt anchor so i bolted it to the floor. The seats are great, they sit about 2 inches lower than stock so it takes a little getting used to the new driving position.

Also got a set of Enkei Raijin 18x8 +40 wheels that are maybe a pound lighter than stock. For now they are wrapped in the Goodyear Eagle sport all seasons that were on my stock wheels 225/45 but come summer they will get summer rubber 245/40.

I started tuning my e30 tune leaner, starting at 12 and working my way up. Reason being is that i am making more power without detonation and you know the old saying leaner is meaner. Also stepped boost up to 23 psi so ill get some good vdyno numbers and datalogs to post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davychronic For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (01-22-2016), impossible (02-11-2017), Mazdazilla6 (01-20-2016)
 Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Davychronic's corksport turbo build

So while doing a log tuning for 100% meth i bent a rod a couple weeks ago. 30 psi is too good to be true on these puny factory internals.

You can see third one down (cylinder 3) the rod is tweaked. So i went ahead and order Manley H beams and Manley pistons and rebuilt it in car.

You can see the spagetti factory rods compared to the beefy Manley rods.

So i bought a cylinder bore gauge and a couple other tools to make sure everything was within specs to do it without pulling it out and all went well. I honed it with 220 grit and finished it off with 320. I check flatness on the block and head (which i had built a couple months ago) and all was good. Installed everything without too many problems, Manley dis send me oversize pistons in a standard size box and they had a hell of a time believing me since "they are check sooo many times before they ship" but if they jad only paid attention to the weight on the box it could have been caught.

So after a bunch of bs with Manley, i finally got Edge to overnight me the right pistons and everything went smoothly from then on.

They look soooo pretty, shame ill never get to see them again, i hope.

Heres so in process pics

So now i got about 100 miles on it and all is well, ill check compression at 500 and see how its goin.

Ill post my log from when i bent the rod in a few hours, you can see where it happened.
zjnspeed3 likes this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to davychronic For This Useful Post:
allo80 (03-20-2016), Code Monkey (03-19-2016), Poohster (03-19-2016), speedfreak44 (03-19-2016)
 Old 03-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is the datalog vdyno of the rod bending action
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bent rod.jpg (56.5 KB, 163 views)

Code Monkey (03-19-2016)
 Old 03-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #20

Etipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the worldEtipp98 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,711 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like you were trying to have an excuse to go built with a curve like that.

I also do diesel gear swaps hit me up for more info.
Etipp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Etipp98 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-19-2016), impossible (02-11-2017)
 Old 03-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea I was seeing how far i could push my luck. I was originally tapering boost up to redline but i missed the big torque shove so i said fuck it. Im trying to see how far this corksport turbo will go. Its clearly good for over 400hp.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I guess to update this, i've passed my "break-in" period so I changed the oil with Royal Purple HPS 5w30. I turned the meth back on and got back to tuning. Im on my 4th revision and starting to wind down with my 91 and meth tune and numbers are looking pretty good. I dont expect to hit the dyno til i finish my e30 and meth tune. Im having a little trouble overboosting once the 2nd meth nozzle kicks on and I cant really get it to slow up so im tuning around it and making it work. It feels like the vdyno should be close, it pulls very strong all the way to 7k with no knock over .35 and im running 18.5* at 7k rpm so mild timing since i run a little more on my e30 tune without meth. I could flatten my torque curve out by tapering my boost up to redline but im happy with the big initial torque shove.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meth tuning 4th revision.jpg (58.7 KB, 131 views)
Jonb82 likes this.

Code Monkey (04-03-2016)
 Old 04-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #23

GEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much wgdc are you at?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
 Old 04-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty much 90s across like 95 up top

Old 04-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #25

GEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant futureGEE1989 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotcha. May 2 I'm getting tuned with built motor, meth, and corksport turbo so I'm curious to see what this can do. How much meth are you running?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

And also how loud is that turbo at 28 psi lol. I know it screamed at 22 before the zoom zoom boom

Old 04-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I spray 9gph of 100% and get 85%idc at 7k rpm. This is about all the turbo can do i think. Even with meth boost temps come up to intake temps at high rpm so come summer time im sure ill have to back down a frw degrees of timing

Its a good turbo tho, you wont regret your purchase. It feels like the turbo that should have came on the car, excellent powerband.

Last edited by davychronic; 04-02-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

That's still solid power. Yea I'm gonna run 100% meth 10gph. I'm already impressed with this turbo
It's definately a perfect turbo for this car. It pulls hard to redline. I would say this is like a bnr s3.5 lol

Old 04-03-2016, 05:41 AM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ive never had the bnr so I cant really compare but its a great turbo for its size. Ive started looking at a pte 5862 and water to air intercooler. I am well passed the efficiency range for this turbo and its just blowing hot air.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #30

c_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to beholdc_bye is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been super impressed with this turbo so far too, been running 24psi on 93 and it pulls all the way to redline.

Awesome build, keep it up.
davychronic likes this.
2008 Cosmic Blue MS3 GT // CS TD05-18G Turbo // Freektuned //Denso ITV22 // CS DP // CS 3.5" Full Intake // CS 3.5 Bar Map // CNT Catback // CS HPFP // JBR FMIC Piping // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // CS OCC // CS Heat Sheilds // CS boost hoses // CS ECU relocation // Cobb AP3 // Cobb RMM // HKS SSQV 4 // CS Short Shifter // CS Short Shift plate // Fifteen52 18x9 Tarmacs // Hankook RS3 235/40 // Koni Yellows // GC Coilovers // CS F&R Sway Bars // CS front Endlinks // Whiteline rear Endlinks // GC bump stops // CS mid chassis brace // Megan front H brace // CS rear strut tower bar // Stoptech rotors/pads/ss lines // DG carbon spoiler // DG carbon bumper cover // V2 Side Skirts // STi Lip // CS Antenna // CS Lisence plate relocator // CS LED Fogs // PIAA yellow high beams // Pioneer NEX-7100 // Prosport Premium gauges (Boost/OP/OT) // CP-E Gauge Pod // TWM Shift Knob // Sparco Pedals // Royal Purple 5w/30
c_bye is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #31

Tommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

In for rest of build, been considering this turbo for my BT build, or maybe even going bigger lol. Always wanted a GTX3071R/GTX3076R (can't decide). That and quite a few people up here in MN have BNR's so I want to be different haha.
davychronic likes this.
SOLD | '07 Cosmic Blue Mica MS3 GT #Genjuan | Hypnotic Tuned | M2 Catless DP w/Titanium Header Wrap | Damond "Gold" RMM | AutoTech HPFP | HTP 3.5" Intake | Turbosmart 50/50 | RallyArmor Mud Flaps | JBR Weighted Knob | JBR Shift Weight | H&R Coilovers | Grimmspeed EBCS | Corksport FSB w/billet brackets | Sparco Pro Corsa's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza DZ102's |
Tommy_y0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea my build is changing direction, ive been meaning to update this.
Ill attach my last datalog it is on e30 and is about 10-15 more hp than my 91 map thanks to leaner afrs. The only way i could get decent control of boost was to taper it up to redline which killed peak torque but gave me a good flat curve. In my opinion this is the best turbo for the stock block. I have absolutely no gripes, it would be better with an ewg if you are trying to spool it up as fast as you can but on a stock block thats not recommended. I am at the limit of the turbo and my tmic at the moment and another build is under way. Im running 100% wgdc at redline and can only get 28-30 psi which is great and well beyond the efficiency range of the turbo.

Im starting a new build because i want 500-550 awhp that will take me the next several months to get everything together and this is how im going to get there:

sp63 stage 2 long block (the reason im going this route since im already biult is because the down time and cost would be very similar if i tore my motor apart, sent my crank and cams in to have them keyed and have my block machined and etc. it comes out to about the same cost but with much less downtime if i just buy the long block already keyed)
cp-e havoc intake mani and fuel rail
im exploring a few options on fuel controllers still, id like to have my aux injectors to be spraying all the time to keep my valves clean but im looking at 4 750cc injectors and a walbro 450lph pump
treadstone vertical flow fmic TRV1859 with a blow through maf and custom piping
i intend to keep the meth but ill be spraying only one nozzle and more for temp control and knock protection
cp-e atmosphere barebones kit, tial vband mani and dp
tial 44mm mvr ewg
and either a gtx3076r or gtx3582r
still staying self tuned

Im split on turbo choices because I still want to be able to track the car but I dont want to be pushing the turbo passed its efficiency range either. I dont think the gtx3582r would be so great on the track so im really just researching a lot of other guys with the 35r to see if i can make 26-28psi by like 3700-3800 rpm.

I am about to install my new 8 puck RD Motorsports clutch and act streetlite flywheel next weekend to make sure i get that broken in before the new motor goes in. Hard to break in a new motor with a new clutch. Ill try to post a pic of the clutch later today.

But yea i highly recommend the corksport turbo to anyone looking for good power on a stock block, i dont regret my purchase at all. I plan to have my new build finished by August or September if all goes well. Ill probably do it in phases when I have time. Id like to break the new motor in with the corksport turbo. Come Christmas time i'll have a ton of goodies to sell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last meth dl.jpg (58.1 KB, 104 views)
CharlieD and Tommy_y0 like this.

Last edited by davychronic; 05-03-2016 at 07:20 PM.
SpeedRebirth (05-04-2016), Tommy_y0 (05-03-2016)
 Old 05-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #33

Tommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_y0 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

......Come Christmas time i'll have a ton of goodies to sell
Hell yee in for that! Hahaha
davychronic likes this.
SOLD | '07 Cosmic Blue Mica MS3 GT #Genjuan | Hypnotic Tuned | M2 Catless DP w/Titanium Header Wrap | Damond "Gold" RMM | AutoTech HPFP | HTP 3.5" Intake | Turbosmart 50/50 | RallyArmor Mud Flaps | JBR Weighted Knob | JBR Shift Weight | H&R Coilovers | Grimmspeed EBCS | Corksport FSB w/billet brackets | Sparco Pro Corsa's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza DZ102's |
 Old 05-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #34

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Whats up with that boost control. Geez
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-04-2016, 05:22 AM   #35

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blackms3_71 View Post
Whats up with that boost control. Geez

Yea its tough to slow spool down with meth especially when you are working at the upper limit of the map sensor. I debated getting an ewg to make it easier but im just changing it all so its about as smooth as i could get it. Took me a lot of logs just to get it where it is, ive tried so many different ways to slow it down once it hit 28. I tried load targeting, throttle closing, lowered boost targets and wgdc, wgdc correction, everything i could think of didnt work so i had to taper it slowly which is ok it still pulls hard. See the way i have my meth set up is one nozzle comes on at 15psi and a second one comes on at 25psi and its when that second one comes on that makes the turbo hard to slow down. This was the best method i think to keep it from bogging from coming on with too much too early. Two different size nozzles too.

Gitcherex (05-09-2016)
 Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

@herzloglover; @lasserudn;
The gnarly Corksport turbo build I was talking about at ENM-MN
herzloglover likes this.
 Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #37

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guess I should update this, never made it to the dyno to see what this ended up making but it felt strong and the corksport turbo is great. I highly recommend it for someone who is still stock block that wants a little more power for pretty cheap.

I have started a new build it probably needs a new thread but im going with a cpe precision vband mani with a pte5858 with a ported s compressor housing and .82 a/r exhaust housing turbo with a tial mv-r wg that i am going to build a custom recirc pipe into the kozmic dp.
I have a tr-10 intercooler on the way and a couple sets of universal intercooler piping kits, 2.5" hot side, 3" cold side with a tial qr bpv.
Waiting on Damond to release the intake mani adapter to run the focus manifold
Still need to make a custom oil drain line so im waiting on everything to show up before i start disassembling everything

Should have a ton of shit coming up for sale in the next couple months like the corksport turbo,xs v3 exhaust mani that is wrapped in dei titanium, corksport divorced downpipe also wrapped, cpe deltacore anodized in black, hks bov

So far all I have is the turbo but in the coming weeks the rest of the stuff should trickle in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pte5858.jpg (382.3 KB, 51 views)
impossible likes this.

Last edited by davychronic; 08-25-2016 at 07:09 PM.
DingoDave (08-25-2016), impossible (10-26-2016)
 Old 08-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #38

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking forward to see how you push this set up. Are your goals still only a little more than you got out of the Corksport, or have those changed also?
 Old 08-25-2016, 06:25 PM   #39

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
Looking forward to see how you push this set up. Are your goals still only a little more than you got out of the Corksport, or have those changed also?

Id like a solid 500-550whp and id like to stick with a 3 bar map but we will see how it turns out when i start tuning

Old 08-29-2016, 12:15 AM   #40

shaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the worldshaneski is the leader of the world
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There's a good chance you will have to run a 3.5 bar map sensor to run the power you wan't, boost will possibly be out of range for the 3 bar, especially to catch head lifting boost spikes.
Gen 2 2012 - ATP GTX3076r IWG - Full Race exhaust mani - 2NV Industries built Forged bottom end - PNP Head - JMF Intake Mani- UR Turbo Back - JBR tru 3.5 intake - TR8 FMIC - Devils own stage 2 WM - Cobb 3 port EBC- Autotech internals - FREEKTUNED.
shaneski is offline   Reply With Quote