register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree47Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #1

akurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Rescued a Genwon speed3

well guys, this is my new project. a Salvaged 2009 Mazdaspeed 3. I sold my 2007 Cobalt SS yes a rival to you guys lol. Most people would steer clear of a salvage car, but i have my reasoning. my family owns an auto body shop therefore i have all the tools and knowledge to do the work, can get parts at cost and so on. my Slobalt SS was also a salvage car when i got it as well. anyways below are some pictures my newly acquired project. I plan to keep this thread updated and active and hope that the community can help me with questions/advice along the way.

I picked up this running and driving 2009 mazdaspeed 3 with 29,611 miles. I have already ordered a whole front clip for that car that will be here Friday! For those not familiar a front clip is basically everything from the dashboard forwards minus the engine, trans and so on. I will use the sheet metal off of this clip.

These pictures were from the yard i bought the car at.

It came with some mods, and these springs but i can't find Red H&R's anywhere online all i can find is black. an why the logos are upside-down? lol

and a few hours later this is how i left her Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by akurma; 01-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.
akurma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to akurma For This Useful Post:
3Gee Tee (07-14-2015), BigJimMs3 (06-05-2014), btstarcher (06-21-2014), Bulgsta (06-01-2014), Cheapspeed (05-31-2014), Code Monkey (06-12-2014), daafisch (06-12-2014), dastpe (06-19-2014), Donut (06-12-2014), DynoBunny (02-24-2015), f15ms6 (06-18-2014), fasteddie128 (12-07-2014), jack_hammer (05-31-2014), kgb (11-06-2014), KiwiFlavor (07-15-2014), mr.speedy3 (06-02-2014), nybe0010 (09-29-2014), predapio (06-12-2014), sidekick (06-01-2014), speed23 (06-01-2014), thems3driver (05-31-2014), Tomas (01-30-2017), Vansquish (06-05-2014), veezyweezy (06-20-2014), WAHBAM (06-07-2014)
 Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #2

Block8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,526 Times in 1,354 Posts
Groans: 206
Groaned at 19 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That thing is low miles.. GL with your build.

BOSTON STRONG
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Block8head For This Useful Post:
mr.speedy3 (06-02-2014)
 Old 05-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #3

Dralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,485 Times in 533 Posts
Groans: 39
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any frame damage from the crash? Seems like you've got your work cut out for you, good luck.
 Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #4

akurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Block8head View Post
That thing is low miles.. GL with your build.
indeed is it low miles! was a plus and seems to be well taken care of. im going to call the mazda dealership where the car was bought and see if they can give me maintenance records

Originally Posted by Dralphy View Post
Any frame damage from the crash? Seems like you've got your work cut out for you, good luck.
the bumper bar support bracket is slightly tweaked, nothing terribly serious though. i do have my work cut out for me haha but im hoping to have the car finished and on the road by the end of June
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akurma For This Useful Post:
BigJimMs3 (06-05-2014), Dralphy (05-26-2014), ItsNox (05-31-2014), mxlplx71 (05-26-2014)
 Old 05-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

update for you guys that are following the build i had ordered a front clip from a part lot in Savannah Georgia, it got to my fathers shop Friday afternoon. the front clip was a flood car so they decided it would be worth more to cut it in half. some cars have to die for others to live lol anyways, i went to work this morning, arriving to the front clip looking like this

My progress throughout the morning

and in a little under five hours i had the front end looking like this.

now where do i go from here? i strip the paint and then prep the parts for paint, as well as swapping over the rad support.

Last edited by akurma; 04-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to akurma For This Useful Post:
Benis (05-31-2014), Code Monkey (06-12-2014), Donut (06-12-2014), DynoBunny (02-24-2015), f15ms6 (06-18-2014), ItsNox (06-03-2014), jack_hammer (05-31-2014), mr.speedy3 (06-02-2014), speed23 (06-01-2014), thems3driver (05-31-2014)
 Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #6

bryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant futurebryancregger has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by akurma View Post
I sold my 2007 Cobalt SS yes a rival to you guys lol.
Pfffffffffff.

JK good luck man looks like fun.
Worbit and 3Gee Tee like this.
\\ 2010 MS3 \\ BNRS3 \\ Cobb SF Intake \\ CP-E TMIC \\ Corksport TIP \\ Cobb AP v2 \\ Autotech HPFP \\ ACT Clutch \\ JBR PMM and RMM \\ Corksport TMM Insert \\ JBR SSP \\ Corksport Catch Can \\ FREEKTUNED \\ Cobb 3 Port EBCS \\ Stoptech Slotted Rotors \\ JBR EGR Delete \\ 3 Bar MAP \\
bryancregger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bryancregger For This Useful Post:
pzr2874 (05-31-2014), Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 05-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bryancregger View Post
Pfffffffffff.

JK good luck man looks like fun.
hahah well the turbo charged Cobalt SS is a competitor lol but thanks man!
 Old 05-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #8

Derp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like H&R Sport springs and yes they are installed upside down. Not a huge issue but easy to fix if you're so inclined. GL with build too.. Looks like you got a killer deal!

Current vehicle: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST

Past: 2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derp For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-21-2014)
 Old 05-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #9

pzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,742 Times in 1,846 Posts
Groans: 146
Groaned at 151 Times in 111 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That actually looks like fun... Good luck... a few pulls and you will be golden.... I need some of those parts off the white carcass btw

PM me when you are done with pulling from it
pzr2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #10

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That looks like a lot of fun!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
 Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #11

thems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the worldthems3driver is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good luck with the build dude. Hope to c a serious speed appear on the forum soon.
Current Installed: Autotech Internals | Cobb AP v3 | JBR SSB | JBR RMM 80A Duro | Pioneer HU - Alpine speakers - Alpine sub (cause fuck BOSE) | Goodyear F1 Asymmetric | CS Intake + TiP | Forge BPV v2.0 | Swift Springs Spec R | Redline MTL 80

Future Installs: CS Race Pipe | CP-E TMIC | WMI

Rice Maker Mods (not power mods): Daily Driven, Mazdaspeed Decals, Cobb x2, JBR Decal, Stratified Tuned Decal, RVinyl yellow fog overlays, Plastidip rear valance, G2 caliper pnt, 35W Kensun slim HID, CS LEDs Fogs | Footwell blue LEDs | Dual ported box | Foglight Covers dipped | Red Vinyl Wrapped Tail Lights

thems3driver is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 PM   #12

CosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the worldCosmicArkie is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,467 Times in 687 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice find - low miles and no a/bags blown.

"I only do what the voices in my wife’s head tell her to tell me to do"
CosmicArkie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Looks like H&R Sport springs and yes they are installed upside down. Not a huge issue but easy to fix if you're so inclined. GL with build too.. Looks like you got a killer deal!
aren't they going to ride like crap being put in upside down? lol

Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
That actually looks like fun... Good luck... a few pulls and you will be golden.... I need some of those parts off the white carcass btw

PM me when you are done with pulling from it
so far im having a blast, gives me something new to do in my free time haha but once i get 15 posts ill PM you.

Originally Posted by jack_hammer View Post
That looks like a lot of fun!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
thank man, so far it has been fun

Originally Posted by thems3driver View Post
Good luck with the build dude. Hope to c a serious speed appear on the forum soon.
follow this thread and you shall see

Originally Posted by CosmicArkie View Post
Nice find - low miles and no a/bags blown.

Last edited by akurma; 06-01-2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #14

Derp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond reputeDerp has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

My rear coils on my h&r coilover kit were on upside down for a month. Once I got them fixed I didn't notice any difference. The main problem is that the spring doesn't seat properly like this.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

update for everyone, i have started the early stages of paint prep. i scuffed the hood, and both fenders and tore down the bumper. next up is to scuff the bumper bar. ill upload pictures tomorrow.

EDIT: uploaded pictures

it's hard to see because it is white paint, it would be a night and day difference if i scuffed black, but i scuffed the outlines and groves of the hood and the entire underside of the hood as well. i didn't take and pictures of the fenders. Also my Koni yellow adjustables came

My rear coils on my h&r coilover kit were on upside down for a month. Once I got them fixed I didn't notice any difference. The main problem is that the spring doesn't seat properly like this.
i will probably just flip them next time its up in the air. i have to replace both front struts any ways so that will push me to fix them. i purchased Koni yellow adjustables all the research i did lead me to them. plus Koni was having a great sale on them.

Last edited by akurma; 04-15-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to akurma For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-21-2014)
 Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #16

mr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the worldmr.speedy3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,427 Times in 647 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy shit...

talk about a project.

Wish i had time to do something like this.

In4results! GL!

edit -

Guess I have some time... I did do my build in the garage lol
 Old 06-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mr.speedy3 View Post
Holy shit...

talk about a project.

Wish i had time to do something like this.

In4results! GL!

edit -

Guess I have some time... I did do my build in the garage lol
You can always make time for cars hhahah
 Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #18

ItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,656 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@aviator79; hath shown me the light.

Great project thanks for taking us along for the ride
Power & Drivetrain BNR S3v2 / AP V3 + 100% Meth / Autotechs / JBR Tru 3.5" SRI w/ 51R Battery / ETS TMIC / DO Meth D07 @ 100% / ACT6 Puck w/ Streetlight FW / 80mm CorkSport Exhaust / SLS Test Pipe / Turbosmart BPV / Techna-Fit SS CL / AP Shift Hammer / Bosch 3Bar / Grimspeed EBCS / NGK 1 Step Colder / JBR Boost Tubes / ProSport Sammich Plate / Rotella
Suspension & Mounts KWv2 Fronts & Bilstein Rears / AIDS Rear Diff Mounts / Whiteline RSB / Prothane Lowpro Bushings / Steeda Endlinks / JBR 88RMM / JBR Solid Bushings
Brakes & Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors & Pads / Technafit SS Brake Lines / Evo X Wheels / 245/40/18 Potenza RE760s
Misc Redline & Unicorn Jizz (XTM5QS) / Sharkfin Antenna / Kuda Mount of Sweetness / Full TRS Mini-H1 Retrofit w/ Demon Eyes / TRS Xb LED Fogs / Hardwired Valentine 1 w/ Bluetooth / AuxMod w/Bluetooth

- Miltuned

On order/To be installed: E-btec Built Motor , BNR S4, CPe EWG Exhaust Mani, Precision 46mm WG, Kozmic 6th Port, CS FSB, RDMotorsportz Crash Bar, CS Injector Seals.

Georgia Motherfucking Nator
Originally Posted by Ziggylittles View Post
I hate that you can sleep on suckas and then make rape with your family sedan

Last edited by ItsNox; 06-28-2014 at 09:30 PM.
ItsNox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItsNox For This Useful Post:
akurma (07-19-2014), aviator79 (06-29-2014)
 Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ItsNox View Post
Brownie faggot go VIP already

Cant believe I'm the first to say this.

Oh and great project thanks for taking us along for the ride
Not sure if I want to go VIP just yet.
aviator79 (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #20

Neutral  +1 score     

Worbit likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derp For This Useful Post:
ItsNox (06-03-2014), Raider (06-05-2014), Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 06-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lmao, i can change my mind lol
aviator79 (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #22

ItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,656 Posts
Groans: 7
Not Ranked  0 score     

Trust me you do. Access to the full shop manual and to the for sale section. Youll make the $25 back in your first purchases savings and ZERO fear of scammers. The for sale section is worth it alone.

Sent via Tapafail
Power & Drivetrain BNR S3v2 / AP V3 + 100% Meth / Autotechs / JBR Tru 3.5" SRI w/ 51R Battery / ETS TMIC / DO Meth D07 @ 100% / ACT6 Puck w/ Streetlight FW / 80mm CorkSport Exhaust / SLS Test Pipe / Turbosmart BPV / Techna-Fit SS CL / AP Shift Hammer / Bosch 3Bar / Grimspeed EBCS / NGK 1 Step Colder / JBR Boost Tubes / ProSport Sammich Plate / Rotella
Suspension & Mounts KWv2 Fronts & Bilstein Rears / AIDS Rear Diff Mounts / Whiteline RSB / Prothane Lowpro Bushings / Steeda Endlinks / JBR 88RMM / JBR Solid Bushings
Brakes & Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors & Pads / Technafit SS Brake Lines / Evo X Wheels / 245/40/18 Potenza RE760s
Misc Redline & Unicorn Jizz (XTM5QS) / Sharkfin Antenna / Kuda Mount of Sweetness / Full TRS Mini-H1 Retrofit w/ Demon Eyes / TRS Xb LED Fogs / Hardwired Valentine 1 w/ Bluetooth / AuxMod w/Bluetooth

- Miltuned

On order/To be installed: E-btec Built Motor , BNR S4, CPe EWG Exhaust Mani, Precision 46mm WG, Kozmic 6th Port, CS FSB, RDMotorsportz Crash Bar, CS Injector Seals.

Georgia Motherfucking Nator
Originally Posted by Ziggylittles View Post
I hate that you can sleep on suckas and then make rape with your family sedan
ItsNox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ItsNox For This Useful Post:
jrsmith (07-09-2014), mxlplx71 (06-03-2014), pzr2874 (06-03-2014), Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 06-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well guys, both fenders and hood are in the spray booth Now, i have two questions for you fine people.

Question #1- the car has a Cobb SRI but the filter is cracked and the filter fins are bent slightly. obviously going to replace it however would i benefit from fitting a bigger filter or should i just get s Cobb replacement ?

Question #2 - the bottom of the bumper has a plastic lip, but the one off the white car looks way to short is it suppose to be like that or is it chewed up to hell? if someone could post a picture of their front bumper that would be awesome!

Last edited by akurma; 04-15-2018 at 09:47 AM.
 Old 06-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #24

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,128 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool project, I would replace that filter with an Amsoil EaU4560 filter.
It's what I run with my Cobb.

That bottom of the front bumper looks looks like it's been scraped a couple times.

Also you may want to replace that bumper moustache: Part number BA6R50B31A
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #25

itzfajardo801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That bottom has definitely scraped on its share of curbs
itzfajardo801 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #26

Dralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the worldDralphy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,485 Times in 533 Posts
Groans: 39
Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

AEM dry flow filter works well too. Bigger than the Cobb filter but no oiling necessary.

Sent from The One M8
 Old 06-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #27

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,128 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Either way, I have a spare Cobb filter if you want it, send me a pm and just pay shipping.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 06-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll have to look into those two filters

By the way, I got the hood and fenders primered I'll have pictures up tomorrow, working on it all day tomorrow. Going to scavaged what's left of the white front clip then hopefully pull the bumper bar bracket and bolt that up

As always I'll keep you guys updates
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akurma For This Useful Post:
Dizzy Turbo (06-12-2014), ItsNox (06-06-2014)
 Old 06-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Big update, or at least i feel like i made a decent amount of progress lmao anyways

picked apart what was left of the white front clip. using what i need then im going to probably go VIP and put the rest up for sale.

How it was this morning

And some time later

after the clip was scavenged, i pulled my parts out of the spray booth from the undersides and edges being primered and edged in. obviously this is not the final coat of paint.

I went ahead and took the hood hinges off of the white car just encase the ones on my MS3 were bent and you'll never guess, they were lol so good thing I had the white ones primered as well. the one on the left is the one off of the white car that i had painted, it actually looks a hell of a lot better than the one on the right that came from the factory on my MS3

Put the underside trim of the hood together

Then, with the help of my father we test fitted the fenders and hood to see how well they fit and they were a little off, but nothing to worry about just need to make some adjustments.

Last edited by akurma; 04-15-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Benis (06-07-2014)
 Old 06-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #30
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya need 150 posts to sell here. And ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402177278.445452.jpg
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Derp (06-07-2014), Easter Bunny (06-12-2014), ItsNox (06-07-2014), UnknownSuperhero (07-16-2014), Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 06-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Ya need 150 posts to sell here.
I know Hahah I don't plan on going VIP until the car is finished and on the road. Speaking of the side moldings how are they attached just double sided tape or tabs ?
 Old 06-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

I know Hahah I don't plan on going VIP until the car is finished and on the road. Speaking of the side moldings how are they attached just double sided tape or tabs ?
Just heat them up with a heat gun and rip them off and clean off the adhesive. There's no holes.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just heat them up with a heat gun and rip them off and clean off the adhesive. There's no holes.
Oh sweet easy process lol does anyone have pictures of them removed from their car? I'll probably end up searching for threads on it later
 Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #34
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Peel off. Put in metal can. Coat in gasoline. Light. Burn.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Derp (06-07-2014), SpeedThrizzle (06-20-2014)
 Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Derp For This Useful Post:
akurma (06-07-2014), btstarcher (07-07-2014), ItsNox (06-07-2014), Raider (06-07-2014), Worbit (12-31-2014)
 Old 06-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Peel off. Put in metal can. Coat in gasoline. Light. Burn.
I was thinking kerosene, but I guess gasoline works just as well
OoOoOoOo I like that a lot lol
Raider (06-07-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #37

Danfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud ofDanfriscia3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats a crazy project, what status are you at now?
Danfriscia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #38

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Danfriscia3 View Post
thats a crazy project, what status are you at now?
I'm still at where my last update post was, I've been super busy with work and havent had time to work on it
 Old 06-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #39

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is awesome. Way to take on a project and revive a dead speed. Moving right along eh?
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpencerC For This Useful Post:
akurma (07-19-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 05:54 PM   #40

Modality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond reputeModality14 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

This was my friends speed..I watched him wrecked it lol
turboxs fmic / turboxs catless dp&rp / hks catback / HTP 3.5" intake / ATP GTX3071r ewg / tial QR bpv / cpe hpfp / cp-e 75 duro motor mounts / cp-e safeseals / stoptech slotted & vented rotors & stoptech pads / BC Coilovers / RPF1s 18x8.5 +40 / BoostJunkyz stock location turbo manifold / killah built bitch bwah
Modality14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Modality14 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-21-2014)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f541/rescued-genwon-speed3-171090/
Posted By For Type Date
Looking at a 200k mile 96 GT tomorrow, am I crazy? - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 12-10-2015 04:37 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 27 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 10-18-2015 08:13 PM
Burn my car to ground or no? - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 10-14-2015 07:57 AM
Procharger intercooler question - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 10-03-2015 12:53 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 25 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 09-26-2015 09:16 AM
200k mustang GT - Page 24 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 08-11-2015 06:00 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 22 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 07-17-2015 12:36 PM
Miles per gallon - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 06-23-2015 09:09 AM
200k mustang GT - Page 21 - Forums at Modded Mustangs This thread Refback 06-10-2015 07:52 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 20 This thread Refback 05-06-2015 01:52 PM
Coming up on 150k miles This thread Refback 04-12-2015 12:05 PM
Power Window This thread Refback 04-09-2015 09:50 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 19 This thread Refback 04-08-2015 09:18 AM
200k mustang GT - Page 18 This thread Refback 04-05-2015 12:36 PM
New Raxiom Gen5 tail lights This thread Refback 03-14-2015 07:15 PM
run water through your engine This thread Refback 03-11-2015 03:01 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 11 This thread Refback 03-06-2015 09:54 AM
horrible mileage on stock 01 gt. (auto) This thread Refback 02-15-2015 08:20 AM
200k mustang GT - Page 15 This thread Refback 11-16-2014 04:12 PM
Official PA Chat and Meet thread - Page 362 - Cobalt SS Network This thread Pingback 11-01-2014 11:10 AM
200k mustang GT - Page 14 This thread Refback 10-12-2014 02:03 PM
X-pipe guru's This thread Refback 10-10-2014 06:52 PM
First ever pass down the strip - Page 2 This thread Refback 09-15-2014 08:00 PM
First ever pass down the strip This thread Refback 09-14-2014 07:32 PM
200k mustang GT - Page 13 This thread Refback 08-25-2014 09:16 AM
AM2014 Pictures This thread Refback 08-18-2014 04:01 PM
are these really Mach 1 brakes? - Page 2 This thread Refback 08-12-2014 03:10 PM