register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Build Diaries MazdaSpeed 3/6 - General Build Threads/Diaries

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #1

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Virgin genjuan needs zoom zoom W/O boom

Alright, after reading here for a couple of months I'm going to start the build up.

Main point in this post is to make sure I'm not forgetting something important, or mix match of goods won't cause any problems.

Motor goods first.
TBE probably CS
AP
SRI from JBR
RMM from JBR
Fuel internals (sources / preference)
FMIC from CXR

Now all of this will go on in one shot. Once i get that dealt with I'll turn to suspension ( everything is original 62k Miles)

(Get rid of Brownie status asap.)
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #2

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,519 Times in 1,761 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well the CX Racing FMIC will make a nice paperweight/doorstop; what core will you be using?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

jtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the worldjtday is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good list. Make sure you get the TIP as well as the SRI. The TIP is the most restrictive part of the intake.

Most people here run Autotech internals.

Like btstarcher said, the CX core is not good. Get something from the likes of treadstone, like the TR8.

- JBR SRI/TIP - CS Racepipe - TurboXS CBE - Cobb AP - Stratified E85 Flash Tune Stg. II (294/342) - Stratified Guardian Angel - Autotechs -
CP-e S2 RMM - KW V2 - SPC RUCAs
jtday is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2015, 03:59 PM   #4

Addikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the worldAddikted To Boost is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,498 Times in 432 Posts
Groans: 157
Groaned at 29 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In my opinion, its never a good idea to throw on a ton of mods at one time. If something is causing an issue, it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot when you just did 6 major mods to the car. As others said, get autotech internals.

BNR S3 V2, Freek'd Corn Toon, Cobb AP V3, Cobb FMIC w/ JBR piping, JBR WP 3.5 silicone, Cobb EBCS, Turbo XS Catless DP and TP, CPE Nexus CBE, Autotechs, GFB Hybrid BPV, Damond Trilogy mounts (FTMFW), Bilstein B14 Coils, RX8 R3s

Addikted To Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #5

PurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the worldPurplFox is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

From what I've read the crx fmic with the updated ic should be fine to start with. Houston weather sucks.
I'll agree with the idea of just putting on one mod at a time for easy trouble shooting.

And yes the jbr intake I'm looking at has the tip with it. Inly makes sense to me.

Thanks for the confidence. This forum is proving to be worthwhile. VIP member very soon.
PurplFox is offline   Reply With Quote