register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #1

DFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Emissions?

So my girlfriend's brother is going to do my inspection, but he says that the state makes him submit a ticket of the results from the OBD-II test or something like that.

My question is, If I'm running a catless downpipe and have the code cleared with accessport, will it pass?

1993 Suzuki VS800 Intruder Bobber
DFWSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #2

Dmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,621 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 64 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Short answer.....if its just an obd test...you will pass with no CELs...a visual or sniff test...you will fail

Dmurray06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #3

doctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 29 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My last toy was a 96 Cobra, had the offroad H on it, well I put a stocker on it and cleared the code, drove it to get inspection. They could tell the code was cleared and he said to drive it around for a set amount of time and come back.
doctavus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #4

ziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 19 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

From what i've gathered if the code is turned off the only thing the state computer is going to see is the ready monitors. You can pass with 1 saying not ready so if thats the only one you should be ok. Most handheld scanners can check the monitors like at an autozone for free if you wanted to get them to check. I'm a state inspector and i'm looking for a way to use a catless DP without having issues with it on the inspections too. Let me know if you can figure anything out.
* FREEKTUNE 9gal 93 / 3gal E85 * Cobb AP * JBR 3.5" WP * FMIC * Autotech HPFP * JBR Dogbone RMM * JBR RSB * Speed Daddy Catless DP * ** Speed Daddy CBE * H&R Sport Springs * Corksport Short Shift Plate *
ziggidy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #5

Metal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the worldMetal409 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, after the ECU has been reset, it needs to be driven around for a certain distance/times for the readiness codes to set. They can see that the codes arent ready and will make you come back. This is all my understanding anyway. From what I understand even with the AP and not turning on the dtc (or whatever) for the cat, they can see that during the reading. But my understanding is most (some?) states allow for 1 or 2 not to be set. This is what i've been told. I know on the subaru's people were able to hack into the ECU and force the readiness codes on for inspections. But apparently it has a chance of bricking it.

(posted after above, what he said. lol)
Metal409 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metal409 For This Useful Post:
ASHMS3 (06-05-2012)
 Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #6

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,683 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most states look at the OBD2 readiness tests, if you've only cleared that one MIL you should only have one not-ready test.

That will pass in most states.

But you can't remove any more MILs with the AP, or you will have two not-ready tests, and that's an automatic fail..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #7

4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world4G63 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,043 Times in 786 Posts
Groans: 123
Groaned at 157 Times in 79 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol emissions

BUILD PLANS: LR 2.0/2.4, 6466, 800+whp. Shooting for 9s at full weight. Time is on my side, gonna take forever.

Old: 2009 White MS3. Fully bolted and tuned. Sold
4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4G63 For This Useful Post:
DFWSpeed (02-15-2012)
 Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #8

ziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the worldziggidy08 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
But you can't remove any more MILs with the AP, or you will have two not-ready tests, and that's an automatic fail..
Sucks but its true.
* FREEKTUNE 9gal 93 / 3gal E85 * Cobb AP * JBR 3.5" WP * FMIC * Autotech HPFP * JBR Dogbone RMM * JBR RSB * Speed Daddy Catless DP * ** Speed Daddy CBE * H&R Sport Springs * Corksport Short Shift Plate *
 Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #9

infeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the worldinfeKteDx is the leader of the world
Groaned at 46 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm worried about this too here in PA. I'm putting my DP on in a week...although I have the o2 extension that is suppose to help, I hope...
infeKteDx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #10
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you need one of these...

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (06-06-2012), DFWSpeed (02-15-2012), helmetface (02-15-2012)
 Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #11

DFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeDFWSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I'm trying to understand the ready codes. I've had accessport for like a month and a half, and I cleared the code the first day I got it. I've driven around a shit ton.

1993 Suzuki VS800 Intruder Bobber
DFWSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JacksonMorgan View Post
So I'm trying to understand the ready codes. I've had accessport for like a month and a half, and I cleared the code the first day I got it. I've driven around a shit ton.
Go to an autozone or even the inspection station that you will be going to and have them check if your monitors are set to ready. The station can do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ziggidy08 For This Useful Post:
Manny3 (02-29-2012)
 Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #13

rolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the worldrolanblack is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would I have to put it back to stock mode or leave it in its current stage in order to pass emissions?
rolanblack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #14

greenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If Cobb wanted to they could fix this issue for us all and have the accessport set the mils to a ready state. If they wanted to. If enough of us tell them we want it done.

MODS : Cobb AP // Cobb SF // Sure TIP // JBR RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // Magnaflow CBE // MSR 045 18 X 8 +35 // ACT ZX5-HDG6 // M2 3" catless DP // AT HPFP Internals // NGK's -- FREEKTUNE in progress

Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.
greenespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rolanblack View Post
Would I have to put it back to stock mode or leave it in its current stage in order to pass emissions?
It could stay in the current mode, it just depends if the cel is on and if your ready monitors aren't set to incomplete.