register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

Jazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 27 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fell in love.

So I happened to be driving by the Mazda dealer today... I decided to pull in, and found the two lonely MS3s on the lot. Salesman came over and asked if I wanted him to get the key to open it up. As I was checking out the car I told him I live out of the country so I am not looking to buy right now but when we return... I will be. Was just checking the space for my dog in the back and such. He still jumped right out to offer me a test drive. Very nice salesman, no pressure for the sale, just wanted to give me a chance to test the car out. Made sure I got to a spot where I could open up the throttle, etc.

I am very happy with this car. The response, the handling, the overall power, room, etc. Seats could be bolstered better, but I can deal with that. The shifter sits real high which felt strange, but another thing easily looked past. The one I drove was fully loaded with a sticker of 27k.. The push button start was nice.

Regardless. I was sad walking away from it. The color and everything I want in that lil package <3

I molested the white one <3

The Following User Says Thank You to Jazer For This Useful Post:
BigJimMs3 (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wait till you put a shifter extension on it.

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #3

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,987 Posts
Groans: 398
Groaned at 50 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

27k is way too much.

2014 5.0 Gotta Have It Green w/Track Pack
captain slow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #4

Jazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond reputeJazer has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Now why would I do that? Lol.

Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
27k is way too much.
Agreed. I wouldn't pay that, or I'd drop the tech package if needed to find one more in my price range... That's just what they had it listed at. Not ready to buy yet anyways, however seeing it in person up close and driving it certainly helped secure my decision for when we return to the US in 2013.

Last edited by Jazer; 09-10-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Jazer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #5

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Wait till you put a shifter extension on it.
the whole assembly sits a lot higher in the pu's. I have a 6" knob on my genwon which actually puts it right where it should have been imo.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jazer View Post
Now why would I do that? Lol.

Agreed. I wouldn't pay that, or I'd drop the tech package if needed to find one more in my price range... That's just what they had it listed at. Not ready to buy yet anyways, however seeing it in person up close and driving it certainly helped secure my decision for when we return to the US in 2013.

To make getting from the wheel to the shifter and back again, take less time.
It's a track rat thing.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No extension wanted/needed here, lol.
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,754 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

57 posts and you still haven't bought it yet?

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does it bother you that I joined the forum prior to buying one? I am headed back to Germany next month, it would be pointless to buy it now, lol.
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #10

YoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the worldYoursTruly is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No extension wanted/needed here, lol.
One wonderful thing about the ms3 is how much you can do to customize the feel of the shifter.

The previous owner of my car cut ~1/2" off the shifter shaft itself and threaded it farther down. With a deeply countersunk knob, my shifter sits about the same place as my miata and has shorter throw due to my JBR shift plate.

I am glad to see you like these wonderful cars.

2006 MS6 "Izzy" - Sold - Totaled by next owner - Shell sold to NATOR AL member

1999 Miata "Geisha" - Hawnduh VTAK VeeSax Swop

2009 Rx8 "Queso" - powered by high rpm Doritos

2001 Ford F250 "Wampa" - All of the slow.

YoursTruly is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think I'd change the shifter... It felt really awkward at first, but I got semi used to it by the end of the test drive. It looks nice and short, the console just sits farther up than I'm used to. My console is low, plus I have a B&M short throw, so my arm is almost reaching for the shifter, whereas the Mazda, I wasn't reaching for it at all. If anything I could see it being nice once used to it. I really liked the clutch and go fast pedal, nice and responsive.

Plan when one is purchased is to keep the warranty, and keep it pretty stock, for once I'm my life. Have any of you found Mazda to be good or bad about honoring their warranties?

Mitsubishi broke a couple bolts off in one of the Evos Brembos, and tried to tell me it was my responsibility to cover it... I gave them a piece of my mind.. They called Mitsu headquarters who honored the warranty immediately and replaced the caliper and paid for everything, minus the labor for installing the new pads/rotors.

So just curious how Mazda has been for any of you?
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #12

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,987 Posts
Groans: 398
Groaned at 50 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Honestly though, as much as I like CWP, for a Pu go black. It helps the whole smile thing. Doesn't seem so noticeable. If you go Gen1 though, find a CWP.

2014 5.0 Gotta Have It Green w/Track Pack
captain slow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to captain slow For This Useful Post:
3Gee Tee (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Reaching for a shifter is retarded.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My SS was black... I don't want another black car, but I agree with it hiding the smile a bit. Idc though, everyone knows it's a happy Mazda anyways, might as well embrace its goofiness! Lol.

I don't mean like really reaching, it's still comfortable, but my arm is mostly extended to have my hand on it. I'm used to it and like I said its comfortable... But it is probably why the mazda felt awkward. I haven't seen the Evo in 3 months so I can't compare that setup but we have a stock shifter on the Evo with bushing replacement so it doesn't have a stubby shifter in it like my car.
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #15

silentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the worldsilentwolf8 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,261 Times in 699 Posts
Groans: 44
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I molested the white one <3

Where are these pics?

2013 SPW STi // COBB SRI w/Box // COBB BPV // UR Catless DP// UR CBE // COBB Lowering Springs // COBB Sway Bars // +1 NGK // DW65c FP

AWDTuning Tuned
silentwolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silentwolf8 For This Useful Post:
Jazer (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world

Does it bother you that I joined the forum prior to buying one? I am headed back to Germany next month, it would be pointless to buy it now, lol.
Not at all. I joined before I bought mine, but I made 1 post.

Originally Posted by captain slow View Post
Honestly though, as much as I like CWP, for a Pu go black. It helps the whole smile thing. Doesn't seem so noticeable. If you go Gen1 though, find a CWP.
Once you own the car, the smile is the last of your concerns. You don't see that shit from the driver seat....

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ

Last edited by CWP_MS3; 09-10-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
Jazer (09-10-2012), lpugfan2004 (09-10-2012), MZRSPEED (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #17

Dr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the worldDr. Speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,036 Times in 298 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been on the forum for quite a while now (learning at first, and now contributing some) and I won't be getting my '13 MS3 until April.
Dr. Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Speed For This Useful Post:
Jazer (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #18

lpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the worldlpugfan2004 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
Once you own the car, the smile is the last of your concerns. You don't see that shit from the driver seat....
Tell these pu haters how it is!
- ETS TMIC - Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40-18 - JBR OCC Stage 2 - JBR EGR Delete - CorkSport Boost Tubes -
- JBR IM and TB gaskets w/ coolant bypass - Damond Motosports PMM - Corksport PMM Bushing Insert -

Tune in progress
lpugfan2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lpugfan2004 For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (09-10-2012), MZRSPEED (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
hidin in yo bushes

Originally Posted by lpugfan2004 View Post
Tell these pu haters how it is!
Well its like I said at a meet to an MS6 owner after a night of talking shit to each other:

He pointed at a white toyota sienna and said, dude someone is stealing your ride. Which I admit was fuckin hilarious. Then I asked him if he knew why the Pu was smiling. Of course he said no. And I said its because they don't make the MS6 anymore.

Same could be applied to juan, but truth be told, I love all speeds.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ

The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
lpugfan2004 (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #20

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if you get the silver one, make sure they put some air in that front tire...
GunGuru727 (09-10-2012)
 Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha ^^ not getting either posted above anyways.

The smile is goofy but it gives it character, lol. I'd like to see the next gen without it, but id rock it either way