register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #1

bschuske will become famous soon enoughbschuske will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel Leak

Hello all - I have a Q for you guys. I had a fuel leak recently in the main supply line and I am curious if it is possible that Cp-e's hpfp could have caused that or is it just a fluke? I only ask because a friend of mine does work with a variety of pumps and he says that it is possible that the pump could cause this, however, if it can I canít find any instance of this happening to anyone else. I am going to send the pump back to Cp-e for inspection but I would like your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks guys
Bryce
bschuske is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #2

JustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 45 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did you tighten the main fuel line up nice and tight, i read loads about upgrading fp and guys having that line leak due to not tightening
wheels will be here in a week or so: 18x9 +25 Fast Hayaku powder coated White (basically TE37 knockoffs)

Previous car... 2011 Velocity Red MS3 W/Tech
-Engine/Power Mods:
FREEK TUNE IN PROGRESS/UR CBE/UR Race Pipe/Injen SRI/COBB AP/AutoTech HPFP Internals/Stage 2 Driver Mod/Turbo Smart Duel Port/JBR SSP/JBR SSB/Razo Weighted Shift Knob/
-Wheels and suspension:
Lowered on H&R Springs
18x8.5 +30 offset XXR 522 in Gold.
/
JustanotherMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JustanotherMS3 View Post
did you tighten the main fuel line up nice and tight, i read loads about upgrading fp and guys having that line leak due to not tightening
It was tight, the issue was that there was a tiny whole in the line, at least that was according to Mazda. I had the pump on the car since last December and last Friday I suddenly had the leak.
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #4

JustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the worldJustanotherMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

thats pretty weird, i can't imagine it was rubbing on anything to cause it to wear through, the mazda tech did'nt have any conclusion to the hole?
wheels will be here in a week or so: 18x9 +25 Fast Hayaku powder coated White (basically TE37 knockoffs)

-Engine/Power Mods:
FREEK TUNE IN PROGRESS/UR CBE/UR Race Pipe/Injen SRI/COBB AP/AutoTech HPFP Internals/Stage 2 Driver Mod/Turbo Smart Duel Port/JBR SSP/JBR SSB/Razo Weighted Shift Knob/
-Wheels and suspension:
Lowered on H&R Springs
/
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #5

2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,261 Times in 533 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did they warranty it?

2011 Velocity red Mazdaspeed 3-SOLD.

FreeKtuned
fitty fitty
2011speed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
G26

G26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,285 Posts
Groans: 39
Groaned at 152 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well the hole didn't just appear. That line doesn't rub against anything.

2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 ~ Current ~ K&N SRI / 4300k HIDs
G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 2011speed View Post
did they warranty it?
The tech didnít have a clear reason why, just that there was a tiny leak.

Yes, they did cover it under warranty they replaced all the fuel lines and the pump. Before I took it in, I re-flashed the car to stock and reinstalled the stock pump. After that that all I had was intake, DP and TP, and a blow off. Initially they were trying to tell me that because of those mods it might not be covered but dealerships canít decide not honor the warranty just because of mods. There is an act called the MagnusonĖMoss Warranty Act of 1975 and among other things it says that the dealership must prove that the modifications lead to the fault. I didnít have to pull that card but I was prepared to. That act also says that warranties cannot be voided just because of mods (obviously not all mods are created equal but thatís the general idea of the act).
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by G26 View Post
Your right nothing rubs on it but that’s what my Q is about. Is it possible that I just happened to have a bad line to begin with? Or maybe I somehow damaged the line when I installed the pump but I can’t see how, I only ever touched that line with my hand and an open ended wrench. Or could it be that the hpfp caused excessive back pressure in the line? I don’t know.
 Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by G26 View Post
i know it dosen't rub on anything, i just think it's odd that the pump has been on since dec and only NOW is it deciding to leak.

-Engine/Power Mods:
-Wheels and suspension:
Lowered on H&R Springs
/
 Old 11-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
MoparGo
Lurkers

Arrow Honestly...

...you can't say the cp-e pump "caused the leak"... Also, it has been fixed under warranty so there should no longer be an issue.

You have a DP on the car, right?. You should probably re-install the cp-e pump, re-flash & motor on.
 Old 11-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #11
Banned

Rich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 62 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You said they replaced the pump...

So does that mean the dealership put a stock HPFP in place of your CPE pump?
Rich-PMS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #12

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Rich-PMS View Post
You said they replaced the pump...

So does that mean the dealership put a stock HPFP in place of your CPE pump?
Originally Posted by bschuske View Post
Before I took it in, I re-flashed the car to stock and reinstalled the stock pump.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
adlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adlpb For This Useful Post:
kmac (12-01-2011), Rich-PMS (11-25-2011)
 Old 11-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #13
Banned

Rich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 62 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I overlooked where he wrote stock pump. Thank you
Rich-PMS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Originally Posted by MS3go View Post
...you can't say the cp-e pump "caused the leak"... Also, it has been fixed under warranty so there should no longer be an issue.

You have a DP on the car, right?. You should probably re-install the cp-e pump, re-flash & motor on.
lol, you convinced me I did just what you said. I don’t actually think it was the pump. Before I reinstalled the stocker I hooked up my AP and fuel PSI held strong so...in the end I think it was just a bad line.
The Following User Says Thank You to bschuske For This Useful Post:
 Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #15

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's a defective line.