register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #1

hypercar is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Groaning noise when going slow - ideas?

Hi, I'm looking for some advise regarding my new 2012 speed3. It sometimes groans quite loudly when I'm going slowly - pulling into a parking stall, going through a drive through line, pulling into my garage, stop and go traffic. All I can tell is it comes from the front of the car and when it comes on it can be quite loud (it happened with a passenger in the car while pulling into a parking stall and they thought I'd scrapped up against the car next to us). It sounds like metal on metal, like something is turning but sure doesn't want to! I've tried to capture it on video but it's completely random. In gear, out of gear, cluth in, clutch out, on the brakes, off the brakes, turning, going straight...I never know when it's goint to appear but it's usually a couple times every trip. I will be coasting up to a stop sign and grroooaaann. Then I'll get to the next 10 stop signs/red lights and nothing. I went for a ride with my dealer's shop foreman to try and have him hear it but of course it wouldn't make the sound with him in the car and without hearing it he wasn't sure where to start looking and has asked me to give it a another 1000kms or so and see what happens. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #2

Pseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the worldPseud0logik is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,603 Times in 837 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This might sound elementary, but have you checked to make sure your lug nuts are tight?

Pseud0logik is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #3

leon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the worldleon78 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,262 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 33 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Open hood and make sure all the heat shields are tight....jack car up and make sure every thing you can get your hands on is tight.
GunMetal 16x8+25 Enkei CompE_Cusco OCC_ Kartboy Crank Pulley_Kartboy TMM insert_Koni Yellows_RCE Springs_K&N Drop-In_Eibach FSB_J2 Catless FP_WhiteLine Camber Bolts_Nameless Race Pipe_RBF600_Ferodo DS2500_PTUNING Tuned

Less parking more racing
leon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #4

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The car is groaning at you because it wants to go moar fast

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to manila For This Useful Post:
bradkn (06-08-2013), fortressofcomfort (09-25-2012), GunGuru727 (09-24-2012), johnredding (06-05-2013), Koke382 (01-07-2013), Lanegrita11 (06-05-2013), SarcasticOne (09-25-2012), Worbit (06-03-2013)
 Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #5

MazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the worldMazdaBoy2.3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,975 Posts
Groans: 51
Groaned at 29 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe the plastic of the inner wheel well was knocked loose.

Now i drive a slow stockish Focus ST...
MazdaBoy2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #6

edubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond reputeedubs978 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Last edited by edubs978; 07-15-2015 at 09:51 AM.
edubs978 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #7

BlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the worldBlackBandit is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hub bearing maybe?

Corksport: SRI/TIP - TMIC - RMM - SSP and Bushings - Led Conversions inside and out - DP - Coilovers- Rear Camber Arms
Denso: ITV+22 Plugs
Stratified - EBCS - E-tune.
Cobb: AP
Custom 3" CBE
Autotech: HPFP Internals
Drag: Bronze DR31 18x8 +48
Michelin SS 245/35/18

Awating Install: - CS RSB - Front and Rear adjustable End Links - Stratified GA
BlackBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #8

Spoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the worldSpoofmastafly is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,160 Times in 516 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is the car stock? Have you done any work to it yourself?
Spoofmastafly is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the replies. I will tighten what I can get my hands on. I've been trying to record the noise on video for weeks without success. The car will do it's groan thing and if it's possible I whip out my phone and try and replicate exactly what I just did, but the groan will be gone! I'm also going to try bedding in the brakes (I hope that's the right term, read about it in a brake issue thread) as the car only has 1100 kms on it. Although the car will make the noise when I'm not even using the brakes I guess it can't hurt.
 Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can I ask another favor forum members? If the car continues to make this noise I am going to ask the dealership to take a look at it when I bring it in for the first oil change which I plan to do early anyway. But I know nothing about cars (literally, nothing). What is a reasonable level of inspection for me to ask of the dealer given I can't replicate the noise for them? Can I say, 'Can you see if everything is ok with the brakes?' or 'Can you take a look at the wheel bearings?'. I've read the LSD can get noisy but what would the dealership do to inspect it?

What would you guys ask them to do? Where would you start?

My dealership seems pretty willing to help. As I said the foreman was more than willing to take a ride with me but I couldn't replicate the sound in 30 minutes of driving with him (figures, right?!). I'd just like to sound a little educated befor I bring it in!
 Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #11

embibb is just really niceembibb is just really niceembibb is just really niceembibb is just really niceembibb is just really nice
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the same experience and it turned out to be front wheel bearings.
 Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #12

CornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond reputeCornBread has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 8
Groaned at 24 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

front brakes? if you touch the pedal harder does it quit?

could be brake dust causing the groan

mine does it too. 2012 with 6k on the clock. think it is narrowed to brakes

Last edited by CornBread; 09-24-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling like a tard
CornBread is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #13

desertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to beholddesertmike680 is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 44 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine does the same thing. I've narrowed it down to brakes more or less. My 2012 currently has 13k on it (bought it last Oct), and when you give it gas and let your foot off of the accelerator, it constantly squeaks when the clutch is engaged and the engine shifts back and forth. I took it to the dealer and guess what they said....unable to duplicate issue. Imagine that. I'm not even going to bother taking my car to the dealer. Not worth my time.
 Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #14

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i think i know exactly what your talking about. its almost like a metal dragging sound? this happened to me a few times when i first bought the car, then went away and i forgot about it. it just happened at the track in front of an official the other day and they thought my car was broken. i stopped and inched forward and the noise was gone.

i was told its probably a little pebble getting stuck and said fuck it. i havent crashed yet
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
cshunter (06-05-2013)
 Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #15

gearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was going to start a thread on this today, but I searched and found this. Within the past few days my 2012 is making the same noise. It's coming from the front drivers side wheel and only happens intermittently. It's fairly loud and sounds like two empty coffee cans clanging together. It's driving me absolutely fucking nuts. It does sound like a loose heat shield, but I've checked everything I can get my hands on and can't find anything loose. Someone make it go away please.

Originally Posted by DarkHeartMS6 View Post
I didnt think there was a person on this planet as stupid as you... Congratulations, you proved me wrong. WTF is a Mazda RX-7 if not one of the best "tuner" cars as you put it.. out there. Jump off the honda dick, pull the Golf R cock out of your mouth... replace it with a gun and end this world of your stupidity! Please, before you cause a retard apocolyptic end to our world

gearhead750 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #16

Darth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the worldDarth_Nuruodo is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,795 Times in 1,543 Posts
Groans: 88
Groaned at 57 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gearhead750 View Post
I was going to start a thread on this today, but I searched and found this.
I can't help with the problem, I just wanted to say you're doing it right.

tapatatapa... DROID 2 Global... etc etc
Cobb AP -- 3" SRI + TIP -- gutted mid-pipe -- CX Racing FMIC -- JBR 88duro Mount Trilogy -- GrimmSpeed EBCS -- 3 Bar Map Sensor -- Kozmic vented OCC -- Synapse DV -- Magnaflow CBE -- DDM 55w 5000K low beams
4 gallon E85 mix self tune 314/370 Dynojet

2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed MX-5
Bone stock so far
Darth_Nuruodo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
RIP: November 21, 2012

fortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the worldfortressofcomfort is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 20 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by snailD View Post
i think i know exactly what your talking about. its almost like a metal dragging sound? this happened to me a few times when i first bought the car, then went away and i forgot about it. it just happened at the track in front of an official the other day and they thought my car was broken. i stopped and inched forward and the noise was gone.

i was told its probably a little pebble getting stuck and said fuck it. i havent crashed yet
^^ this. I had a couple incidents where it sounded like metal on metal for a couple miles but went away and has not returned. When the car was pretty new. I'm almost sure it was the brake compound not playing nicely in that particular weather combination.

Loose lug nuts will sound like a helicopter at high speeds and possibly a clunk at low speeds. If its metal on metal sounding then I second (or third or fourth) the brakes and its ok. If it doesn't go away after oh say 10 miles of driving then I would get it looked at.
Mods (in order of significance): Cobb AccessPort, Autotech CDFP upgrade (thanks Captain KR for your assisstance), Cobb SF SRI Intake, Ultimate Racing cat and resonator-less test pipe, Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose, Cobb Knob, Cobb 300g shifter weight

Tune: My own (based on the v210 and v231 Cobb OTS maps but ramped way up)

Street creds:
- Fastest known K04/93 MS3/driver with only an AP, CDFP upgrade, intake, and tune | 13.37@106.83mph on stock Dunlops (2.04 sec 60' time, full curb weight, 75*F ambient temp)
- Has gone an indicated 146mph on three occasions now.

Yes I will help you tune your K04/pump gas car; I have much less experience than the major players but I also charge you $0 and can turn you around quickly. 4 satisfied customers and counting...
fortressofcomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #18

Mclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What about the power steering pump? My 2007 Sierra used to wine at low speeds especially on cold mornings until I flushed and replaced the power steering fluid.
Mclovin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #19

TRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,381 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 106 Times in 69 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

gen ones have a pretty well documented case of rattle coming from the tensioner pulley (located on the passenger side of the engine)

look it up

rattle should increase slightly with rpms or blipping the throttle, try it out in the garage for the easiest way to hear it
TRex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRex For This Useful Post:
Koke382 (01-07-2013)
 Old 09-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #20

BeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the worldBeeZaa is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have this same EXACT issue. It's just as you describe it, doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it sounds terrible. I first suspected it to be a wheel bearing, but I need new brakes and rotors so now Im just hoping its that. I am gonna change those next week. Please someone update this thread if you figure it out.
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - Evo X Wheels(Enkei's 18x8.5 +38) - H&R Springs - CS SRI - CS TIP - CP-E TMIC - CNT DP - Turbosmart BPV - KMD Internals - Cobb AP - JBR 88 RMM - JBR EGR Delete + Block Off - 5k HID low beams - Maisonvi Shift Knob - JBR Shifter Bushings - JBR RSB - Ford Motorcraft Tranny Fluid - Rotella 5w40 Oil - Moog Front/Rear End Links.
BeeZaa is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #21

gearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think it's the heat shield behind the rotor. I pushed in on mine and it made the same sound I've been hearing when I went over bumps (sometimes) It made a little click when I pushed on it some more, like it went into place or something. No more sound and it's not loose at all. Maybe something (like a pebble mentioned above) got caught up in there. Who knows.

Originally Posted by DarkHeartMS6 View Post
I didnt think there was a person on this planet as stupid as you... Congratulations, you proved me wrong. WTF is a Mazda RX-7 if not one of the best "tuner" cars as you put it.. out there. Jump off the honda dick, pull the Golf R cock out of your mouth... replace it with a gun and end this world of your stupidity! Please, before you cause a retard apocolyptic end to our world

gearhead750 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #22

PokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond reputePokeyHokie has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gearhead750 View Post
I think it's the heat shield behind the rotor. I pushed in on mine and it made the same sound I've been hearing when I went over bumps (sometimes) It made a little click when I pushed on it some more, like it went into place or something. No more sound and it's not loose at all. Maybe something (like a pebble mentioned above) got caught up in there. Who knows.
THIS. A got a rock between the shield and rotor when the car had 200 miles on it -- I almost shit my fucking pants. Sounded just like what OP's describing. I pulled over and beat on the shield with the back of a screwdriver and a rock fell out and the sound has never happened again.
PokeyHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #23

rtekkam is a name known to allrtekkam is a name known to allrtekkam is a name known to allrtekkam is a name known to allrtekkam is a name known to allrtekkam is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bearings

Originally Posted by hypercar View Post
Hi, I'm looking for some advise regarding my new 2012 speed3. It sometimes groans quite loudly when I'm going slowly - pulling into a parking stall, going through a drive through line, pulling into my garage, stop and go traffic. All I can tell is it comes from the front of the car and when it comes on it can be quite loud (it happened with a passenger in the car while pulling into a parking stall and they thought I'd scrapped up against the car next to us). It sounds like metal on metal, like something is turning but sure doesn't want to! I've tried to capture it on video but it's completely random. In gear, out of gear, cluth in, clutch out, on the brakes, off the brakes, turning, going straight...I never know when it's goint to appear but it's usually a couple times every trip. I will be coasting up to a stop sign and grroooaaann. Then I'll get to the next 10 stop signs/red lights and nothing. I went for a ride with my dealer's shop foreman to try and have him hear it but of course it wouldn't make the sound with him in the car and without hearing it he wasn't sure where to start looking and has asked me to give it a another 1000kms or so and see what happens. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Not sure the noise you are referring to is during low speed when turning left/right or reversing with the wheel turned left/right. I had this noise for a while.took it in today. Mazda dealer of course could not replicate the noise..so one day i drove it for an hour and when the noise was apparent had the technician drive in with me..he had no idea about the noise. So when you do get the noise take it in and have them hear it.
it only is apparent (when after driving for like 1/2 hr). today the delaler did that and replicated the noise. they called Mazda and apparently this is a known issue is is a wheel bearing issue. This is covered by the powertrain warranty. New parts to be installed.
rtekkam is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
I fart in my sleep

Rkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The genpu has a very noise power steering pump could me that.
Rkrise216 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #25

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had groaning on my new 12 pu, it was around 15-25 mph, a slight pull left or right on the wheel would increase it sometimes, application of brakes would stop it, turned out to be a rock (small) stuck in the left front caliper, when the rotor got hot it would rub... as it was one day new I took it to the dealership, they also were a bit astonished at the noise (raced many, never heard this before) but happy/pleased when they found the rock..

odds are funny but I had another noise come from my better halves audi, it was a rock between dust shield and rotor....

Colorado winter driving I suppose.
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #26

GunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the worldGunGuru727 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,386 Times in 1,999 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well sometimes, I have to slow down and I happen to make a groaning noise or I may last all of 5min.

Does this help?
JBR 80D Trilogy Mount Package - Grimmspeed EBCS Autotech Internals
Bosch 3 Bar Map Sensor - Bit Wise Plug n Play - GFB Hybrid BOV
Bilstein Struts - H&R Sport Lowering Springs - Cobb v3 - e85
Granite State Dyno 4/3/15: 363hp/370trq
------------------------------------------------
2013 Plasma Blue Subaru STI Hatch
E85 FreekTune - Full Bolt-ons
5/14/14 - 12.4@110
------------------------------------------------
2010 NASA Space Shuttle Silver GenPu
E85 FreekTune
EWG GTX3071r: 401HP/386TRQ
K04: 323HP/TachFail SAE
GunGuru727 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #27

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,867 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rtekkam View Post
Not sure the noise you are referring to is during low speed when turning left/right or reversing with the wheel turned left/right. I had this noise for a while.took it in today. Mazda dealer of course could not replicate the noise..so one day i drove it for an hour and when the noise was apparent had the technician drive in with me..he had no idea about the noise. So when you do get the noise take it in and have them hear it.
it only is apparent (when after driving for like 1/2 hr). today the delaler did that and replicated the noise. they called Mazda and apparently this is a known issue is is a wheel bearing issue. This is covered by the powertrain warranty. New parts to be installed.
Sweet Jesus, I was getting ready to post something about this. I just recently replaced my front swaybar bushing and one of my strut bearings do to other noises. This one has eluded me as well.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #28

ruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the worldruthless013 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i didnt expect to get any results for 'low speed groan.' search function FTMFW!

mine began recently after suspension install, so i figured it had something to do with that. i know i tweaked one of the brake heat shields doing the jack method. due for brakes anyway, so hopefully i'll see something obvious when i go back in there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ruthless013 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #29

gt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Add me to the list....symptoms are pretty much exactly as Op described. Groaning noise at low speeds with wheels turned hard right or left. Does this with clutch in our out.

So was this a bearing issue? Anyone know?

Sent from my mobile device
gt_nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #30
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,752 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Its me and your mom in the trunk.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
Tizbitz (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #31

gt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond reputegt_nfr has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
Thanks dood

Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #32
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world

Originally Posted by gt_nfr View Post
Thanks dood

lol... I was talking about the OP. I didn't read anything but the title of the thread. But yeah, me and your mom are in your trunk too.
Tizbitz likes this.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
Raider (06-05-2013), Tizbitz (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #33

Tizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

All that so called "ectoplasm" you had been finding in your car? Yeah, not from ghosts.
Tizbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tizbitz For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
hidin in yo bushes

Originally Posted by Tizbitz View Post
All that so called "ectoplasm" you had been finding in your car? Yeah, not from ghosts.
I know... That's the slug trail your mom left in the hatch from me and her foolin around in my car.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

lol... I was talking about the OP. I didn't read anything but the title of the thread. But yeah, me and your mom are in your trunk too.
Hahaha hahaha. That is the just the cleverest thing I've heard all month. I mean, who would have thought you can make a joke put of a groaning noises thread! Damn it, that is some funny shit right there. Keep up the awesome work man, I mean I just can't get enough of your helpful and constructive comments.

I'm gonna give you one WHOLE dollar for making my month.

You sir, win the Internet award of the Day!

The Following User Says Thank You to gt_nfr For This Useful Post:
Darth_Nuruodo (06-05-2013)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to gt_nfr For This Un-useful Post:
SofaKingAwesome (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #36
hidin in yo bushes

Hahaha hahaha. That is the just the cleverest thing I've heard all month. I mean, who would have thought you can make a joke put of a groaning noises thread! Damn it, that is some funny shit right there. Keep up the awesome work man, I mean I just can't get enough of your helpful and constructive comments.

Maybe the groaning noise was from you being so butthurt. You don't sound cutout for this forum. lol
johnredding likes this.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWP_MS3 For This Useful Post:
johnredding (06-05-2013), Tizbitz (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #37

Tizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond reputeTizbitz has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Uhh
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg notSureIfsrs.jpeg (74.1 KB, 13 views)
Tizbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tizbitz For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #38
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,770 Times in 4,954 Posts
Groans: 890
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Jim, I'd settle for banging your wife.

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SofaKingAwesome For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (06-05-2013), doubleflusher (06-05-2013), Tizbitz (06-05-2013), Zpuhalla (10-21-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

[QUOTE=SofaKingAwesome;2098938]Jim, I'd settle for banging your wife.

This is not called for ever. Please leave the photo stalking out of this.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
hidin in yo bushes

yeah, you definitely dont know how this forum works dude...

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ