register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Printman
  • 1 Post By monkey.bones.007
  • 1 Post By ABOSWORTH
  • 1 Post By ABOSWORTH

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #1

Printman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Hate to say Good Bye sold my mazdaspeed!

Never thought I would sell my 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 but when I test drove the 2018 Camaro ss 1LE I was in love. I just want to give a big shout out to all the people who educated me on self tuning my mazdaspeed and the community support that everyone shows at mazdaspeedforums.
I will still troll around here because of the great people on here but most of my time will be on the gen6 forums trying to learn the camaro platform a little more. The support there is good but will never be as good as MSF. Seems like the guys on the gen6 forums pay someone to do all their mods except for a few so the knowledge base is lacking compared to here. I have owned quite a few camaros over the years - 1967 rs - never fully restored it before selling, 1973 camaro Z28 heavily modded 427 stoked with tunnel ram and 2 1050 dominators and was in Super Chevy april 1984 edition. 1981 Z28 daily driver with cam, intake, headers Ported and polished heads and victor Jr. intake with holley dominator carb. Now this and it will be modded just not as quikly as I did the mazdaspeed becasue I want to make sure there is no defects in the LT1.

Thanks again to everyone here.

Printman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171102_181359.jpg (4.72 MB, 47 views)
dp3, BuddySpeed3 and Cheapspeed like this.

[/SIGPIC]
2012 Black Mica W/Tech

Cobb AP
AutoTech Internals
JBR 88DM RMM
JBR Heavy Knob
JBR 3" WP
JBR Rear camber arms
UR TP
Ford MOFO Tranny juice
Rotella T6
Self Tune - (Work in Process)
NGK Step 1 colder
5/7 corn fed
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Printman For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (11-19-2017), KiwiFlavor (11-20-2017), monkey.bones.007 (11-20-2017), MSMS3 (01-04-2018)
 Old 11-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #2

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,426 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Printman View Post
Never thought I would sell my 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 but when I test drove the 2018 Camaro ss 1LE I was in love. I just want to give a big shout out to all the people who educated me on self tuning my mazdaspeed and the community support that everyone shows at mazdaspeedforums.
I will still troll around here because of the great people on here but most of my time will be on the gen6 forums trying to learn the camaro platform a little more. The support there is good but will never be as good as MSF. Seems like the guys on the gen6 forums pay someone to do all their mods except for a few so the knowledge base is lacking compared to here. I have owned quite a few camaros over the years - 1967 rs - never fully restored it before selling, 1973 camaro Z28 heavily modded 427 stoked with tunnel ram and 2 1050 dominators and was in Super Chevy april 1984 edition. 1981 Z28 daily driver with cam, intake, headers Ported and polished heads and victor Jr. intake with holley dominator carb. Now this and it will be modded just not as quikly as I did the mazdaspeed becasue I want to make sure there is no defects in the LT1.

Printman
Now is a great time to get into a V8. Let's be real you won't miss the FWD.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
 Old 11-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #3

Printman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the worldPrintman is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Like they say no replacement for displacement. And yes I do not miss FWD, when that back end gets squirrelly I have the biggest grin on my face

[/SIGPIC]
2012 Black Mica W/Tech

Cobb AP
AutoTech Internals
JBR 88DM RMM
JBR Heavy Knob
JBR 3" WP
JBR Rear camber arms
UR TP
Ford MOFO Tranny juice
Rotella T6
NGK Step 1 colder
5/7 corn fed
 Old 11-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #4

crankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Printman
WOW! Congrats. That is most certainly a bad ass car.
I have a few more years getting my daughter thru college....then it is one on my short list as well.

Enjoy!
 Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #5

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,971 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

Printman
Very nice, I looked at the ZL1, but apparently the Chevy dealership wasn't as enthusiastic about ordering me a car as I was. So I got a Roush. The tail wiggles are awesome!

crapatalk it sucks for free
dp3 likes this.
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #6

ABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can't blame you. This platform is dying. Not sure what I'm going to do next myself.
dp3 likes this.

Current Mods
JBR Solid Shifter Bushings: Corksport Stage II SRI/TIP: CP-E Stage II Rear Motor Mount: AutoTech Internals: Cobb AccessPort V3: UR Test Pipe: Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust: JBR Boost Tubes: ETS TMIC: Denso ITV22s: JBR EGR Block Off Kit: JBR RSB: TS Kompact BPV: Tuned by Rob
ABOSWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABOSWORTH For This Useful Post:
dp3 (01-04-2018)
 Old 01-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #7

moonrider_99 has disabled reputation
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Printman
Congrats on the new car! RWD is a lot of fun, I think "on throttle oversteer" is the best thing in the entire world.

That being said, I also traded in my MS3 for another daily.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12

Last edited by moonrider_99; 02-14-2018 at 05:35 PM.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2018, 05:43 AM   #8

BuddySpeed3 has disabled reputation
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
Can't blame you. This platform is dying. Not sure what I'm going to do next myself.
If anything it's getting stronger. The platforms come a long way since 2007. People are making big power now a days. Only the hardcore will last
- 2009 Speed 3 - BNR S4 v2 - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb 3 Port Bcs - Cobb AP V2 - Guardian Angel V3 - Cpe Tmic - Cnt Catted Tb - Cobb Xle Bpv - Autotech Internals - Jbr Boost Tubes - Jbr Occ (Vta setup) - Jbr 88a Rmm - 88a Tmm - 80a Pmm - Corksport Injector Seals - Ngk 1 Step colder Plugs - Unplugged Egr - Koni Yellow Shocks - Eibach Springs - 94 Oct w/ In Tank Methanol (2 Gallons) - SP Stage 1 WMI 50/50 Mix (Strictly Cooling) -
BuddySpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #9

ABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the worldABOSWORTH is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BuddySpeed3 View Post
If anything it's getting stronger. The platforms come a long way since 2007. People are making big power now a days. Only the hardcore will last
Yeah but with no new cars being produced, we can't stay with this platform forever. Mazda had abandoned us.
dp3 likes this.

Current Mods
JBR Solid Shifter Bushings: Corksport Stage II SRI/TIP: CP-E Stage II Rear Motor Mount: AutoTech Internals: Cobb AccessPort V3: UR Test Pipe: Cobb 3" Catback Exhaust: JBR Boost Tubes: ETS TMIC: Denso ITV22s: JBR EGR Block Off Kit: JBR RSB: TS Kompact BPV: Tuned by Rob
ABOSWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABOSWORTH For This Useful Post:
dp3 (01-04-2018)
 Old 01-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #10

BuddySpeed3 has disabled reputation
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah but with no new cars being produced, we can't stay with this platform forever. Mazda had abandoned us.
That's true. Impatiently waiting for a 3rd Gen!
- 2009 Speed 3 - BNR S4 v2 - HTP 3" Intake - Cobb 3 Port Bcs - Cobb AP V2 - Guardian Angel V3 - Cpe Tmic - Cnt Catted Tb - Cobb Xle Bpv - Autotech Internals - Jbr Boost Tubes - Jbr Occ (Vta setup) - Jbr 88a Rmm - 88a Tmm - 80a Pmm - Corksport Injector Seals - Ngk 1 Step colder Plugs - Unplugged Egr - Koni Yellow Shocks - Eibach Springs - 94 Oct w/ In Tank Methanol (2 Gallons) - SP Stage 1 WMI 50/50 Mix (Strictly Cooling) -
BuddySpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #11
dp3

dp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to beholddp3 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

We have pretty much been kicked in the nuts by Mazda. As enthusiasts and also avid brand agents for this platform the message from Corp is loud and clear at this juncture.

Nothing like working to affect a big shift in the automotive industry, developing true fans then calling the car a childish exercise thereby denigrating the fan base.

One needs to understand Japanese culture to know just how severe this insult was. To us, well we go "Meh, big deal" . But make no mistake about it, this is a choice Mazda has made which is not in the best interests of most of us.

I spent today making a list of my future cars. Reading this thread motivated me.

I love the MS3.

But Mazda hosed us.

Mazda 6 w 2.5 turbo? Maybe. But we would need to mod it.
13 MS3 Eibach Pro kit Springs, Koni Ylw. F and R, Tanabe strut tower brace, 25 MM rear bar,CPE R mount, ETS TMIC, Autotech HPFP, ITV-22, CS: CAI, Cold Air Box, Boost tubes, Race Pipe, front spoiler. Forge BPV, Hypertech tune, Amsoil fluids,Philips DV H-11's and 9505's, Traklite RPM 18x8 +45 offset rims, 15mm Ichiba spacers(F&R) Rolled fenders w 235-40 Y rubber, Tint, Remix Rear Lip, Radar detector.
dp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by monkey.bones.007 View Post
Very nice, I looked at the ZL1, but apparently the Chevy dealership wasn't as enthusiastic about ordering me a car as I was. So I got a Roush. The tail wiggles are awesome!

Dumbass dealerships. They think your wasting their time but all they do is sit outside and smoke all day anyway maybe it was too close to smoke break when you got there LOL You came out good with the roush, badass car.

[/SIGPIC]
2012 Black Mica W/Tech

Cobb AP
AutoTech Internals
JBR 88DM RMM
JBR Heavy Knob
JBR 3" WP
JBR Rear camber arms
UR TP
Ford MOFO Tranny juice
Rotella T6
NGK Step 1 colder
5/7 corn fed
The Following User Says Thank You to Printman For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (01-11-2018)
 Old 01-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #13

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,971 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dumbass dealerships. They think your wasting their time but all they do is sit outside and smoke all day anyway maybe it was too close to smoke break when you got there LOL You came out good with the roush, badass car.
Yeah, when the sales guy called me to get the order going I had already bought the Roush and it was on its way to my place. I told him that and he was like, "oh". I told him I was very thankful he delayed in getting back to me to get the order going. Then hung up. Maybe next time he'll think about getting it going when he said he would.

monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #14

Kevindust has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
Congrats on the new car! RWD is a lot of fun, I think on throttle oversteer is the best thing to have ever happened.

That being said, I also traded in my MS3 for another daily.
Congrats to the OP for your new ride! I am a Mustang guy myself but I appreciate all performance cars and the 2018 Camaro ss 1LE is simply amazing.

Sorry to highjack the thread but Moonrider, I'd love to hear your feedback and comparisons on going from the MS3 to the RS as a daily driver.

2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Tech Celestial Blue Mica
2016 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade pkg 6 spd manual.
2005 Mustang GT (C&L Racer CAI, SCT SF3 + tune, MGW short shifter, GT500 swaybars, dampers, strut bar and wheels, Michelin PSS) sold
Kevindust is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #15

moonrider_99 has disabled reputation
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Kevindust View Post
Congrats to the OP for your new ride! I am a Mustang guy myself but I appreciate all performance cars and the 2018 Camaro ss 1LE is simply amazing.

Sorry to highjack the thread but Moonrider, I'd love to hear your feedback and comparisons on going from the MS3 to the RS as a daily driver.
Well, I'm obviously biased because I just bought the RS and as with any newly purchased car, when it's all new and shiny- it's perfect.

That being said. I really liked my MS3, far better than my GR WRX. However, Gen2 MS3 came out in 2010 and the RS is on the refreshed, more modern, focus platform. Therefore, in my opinion, the RS interior is nicer, despite the hard plastics: Sync3 is great, I have a heated steering wheel and seats, the Recaros are really amazing and overall interior feels well put together, it doesn't feel like a 40k USD car interior but I don't feel cheated.

The ride is rougher in the RS but that's the price to pay for grip and mid corner stability, the turn in also very sharp, the car just has this vibe of "motorsports" when you drive it. The AWD is well integrated and really helps the car put power down and rotate, without the typical AWD understeer. Although, I can't really comment on it too much because I need to autocross it or take it to the track to get a feel for it. The car's limits are really high and it's hard to judge on public roads. I think FORD did a compromise here and chose performance on a budget over comfort .

The engine is nice, I frankly would not do much to it besides a tune, it even comes with a cold air intake and cone filter (just need a nice AEM replacement). The exhaust has an active valve and does plenty of pops and crackles, the torque is very linear (the turbo is fairly small so it doesn't feel fast but it is). It's actually very easy to go above any speed limit. It's plenty of power for a daily, lots of boost (~20 PSI stock?).

Is it faster than the MS3? Yes, but it's not going to surprise you. For daily duties, they are similar, although the FWD MS3 can't match the handling of the RS, especially if it rains or snows. The RS is a more modern AWD MS3 to me.

I wanted a crazy daily, but also needed to keep a baby seat in there and some trunk space :the RS fits the bill, not many cars in this price range can match it's performance. The MS3 will always have a soft spot in my heart, it was just time for something new and exciting again and with the RS production ending in 2018 with a limited run of 1000 units, getting a 2017 was my last chance.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moonrider_99 For This Useful Post:
Kevindust (02-15-2018)