register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #1

nero is on a distinguished road
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Interior/Dash Problem...Covered by warranty?

I have a 2012 Mazdaspeed3 that I bought new in 2/12 and it now has 7600 miles on it. Going to work today I noticed that the dash directly over the mileage/stereo/GPS instrument panel is separating/coming unglued from the top of the instrument panel. The area separated/unglued is approx. 5-6" long. I'm not too pleased to see this as the car is only 18 months old. I'm planning on taking the car into the dealership on Monday, and would like to know if any of you'll have had the same issue with your MS3, and is this something that is covered under the manufacturer warranty? Thanks.

Nero
nero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #2

makjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I saw another post of this same exact situation about 4 months ago and I started using my sun protector things more often as a result so it doesn't happen to me

What area do you live in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
makjur is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

nero is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the reply and info Makjur. I found the thread that you mentioned. I called the Mazda dealership and scheduled an appointment for Monday AM. The service manager said that he was certain that my dash problem would be covered by the warranty, but stated that he also needed to take some pics of the damage when I came in. I asked if he had anyone else come in with this problem, but he was rather vague and evasive, just saying "it's probably just from the Florida sun and heat"... After I get it fixed I'm going to get the windows tinted and get a windshield shade.

Other than this minor issue, my MS3 has been flawless and a helluva lot of fun to drive!
nero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #4

galens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,146 Times in 507 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 19 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi Nero,

I just discovered mine has the same problem. About 4" long above the GPS. This is fucked. My 3 year warranty is gone, thinking that is the powertrain though.

I will be calling the dealer soon to get mine reglued. Plus my seat is making unpleasnt noises again.

Thanks for posting this.

G

2014 Mustang GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue. Boss 302 Steering wheel (Alcantara), SR Shift bracket, Roush Axelback -sold

2010 ms3 Black Mica Tech Package -sold

Internals are easy. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to point the genjuan's valve cover recirc tube at the EGR?

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” --Aristotle

galens47 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #5

makjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the worldmakjur is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by galens47 View Post
Hi Nero,

I just discovered mine has the same problem. About 4" long above the GPS. This is fucked. My 3 year warranty is gone, thinking that is the powertrain though.

I will be calling the dealer soon to get mine reglued. Plus my seat is making unpleasnt noises again.

Thanks for posting this.

G
3year or 36000 miles is the bumper to bumper warranty
Powertrain is covered 6yr/60k or something

U might still get lucky tho
makjur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to makjur For This Useful Post:
Raider (07-07-2014)
 Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #6

galens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the worldgalens47 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,146 Times in 507 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 19 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by makjur View Post
3year or 36000 miles is the bumper to bumper warranty
Powertrain is covered 6yr/60k or something

U might still get lucky tho
I'll give it a shot! 3 years-check, 36k - 33,500

Thanks,

G

2014 Mustang GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue. Boss 302 Steering wheel (Alcantara), SR Shift bracket, Roush Axelback -sold

2010 ms3 Black Mica Tech Package -sold

Internals are easy. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to point the genjuan's valve cover recirc tube at the EGR?

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” --Aristotle

galens47 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #7

Labelworkshop75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My dash is also separating right over the mpg screen. Has anyone repaired themselves? Currently out of warranty. I was going to call Mazda and see if they would fix for free out of warranty.
Labelworkshop75 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #8

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes another thing the gen 1 doesn't do over the gen 2 loll sorry couldn't resist
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #9

az_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond reputeaz_jayc has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine is also separating in the same area. It started coming up about a month ago now it's getting bad and I can see that it's not just glued down. There are tabs in the actual dash that plastic clips from the screen clip into. Looks like everything on mine is just a little to warped for me to get it to clip back in. This is definitely something that needs to be covered by warranty and possibly addressed in a permanent fix for future models. Anyways I will to be trying to get it covered under the extended warranty I bought. Hopefully everyone has good luck and gets it fixed.

Ksport coilovers// rear wiper delete // shaved rear hatch // 12 inch Rockford Fosgate p3 // 1800 Watt Kenwood amp // ddm tuning Hid headlights // JBR Motor mounts all around // JBR tigs // JBR rear adjustable camber plates // AT fuel pump internals // CP-e tmic // CP-e Cai // COBB TiH //CNT catted turbo back exhaust.....
az_jayc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,005 Times in 14,589 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blackms3_71 View Post
Yes another thing the gen 1 doesn't do over the gen 2 loll sorry couldn't resist
Actually, ours do crack. The far forward piece next to windshield is known to crack in the middle. The fix-entire dash removal to get to that strip to remove.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #11

deekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the worlddeekspeed is the leader of the world
Groaned at 12 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I took my 2010 to Mazda about this and I am out of warranty. They told me Mazda would pay for the part if I paid the labor. Its nearly $400 in labor. I have heard rumors that some dealerships are completely covering this even out of warranty. They are well aware it is an issue.
Corksport Race Pipe, M2 Catless Downpipe, CX Racing Piping with TR8 FMIC, Sure ID300 Aeros 3 inch intake, Forge V1 BPV, AccessPORT, FREEKTune 93 with 50/50 meth FTW!, Autotech HPFP Internals, BC Coilovers, JBR Rear Sway Bar, TC Performance Front Traction Bar, Custom Aluminum Shifter Bushings, SURE Short Shift Plate, SNOW Performance Meth Kit with Devils Own D07 nozzle, CP-E Stage 2 Flex RMM, BBS Wheels.

deekspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #12

blackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the worldblackms3_71 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Actually, ours do crack. The far forward piece next to windshield is known to crack in the middle. The fix-entire dash removal to get to that strip to remove.

Well i stand corrected :/
COBB ACCESSPORT//TURBOXS CATLESS DP+RACEPIPE//3 BAR MAP//3.5" HTP INTAKE//NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS//HKS CATBACK//AUTOTECH INTERNALS//COBB FMIC V2.0//HKS BOV BLACK EDITION IN VTA//RPF1 17x9//pilot super sport 245/45/17//ACT 6 PUCK//M.D OCC VTA//TOKAY SEALS//BNR S4//Hypnotic tuned
blackms3_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackms3_71 For This Useful Post:
Raider (07-07-2014)
 Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,759 Times in 4,951 Posts
Groans: 889
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had my Pu's entire dash replaced under warranty for it popping up above the info center.

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #14

reaper7534 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm having the same problem and my car just turned 37k and still within 3 years. Got in the car yesterday and noticed it happening with mine. I explained it to the service writer and she said she believed there was a recall on it and was covered.

Take my car back to service then come out and say it is just a bulletin and since I am barely out of warranty, Mazda agreed to cover 80 % of the cost leaving me owing 150.00

I have a extended warranty but don't know if it covers interior and the deductible is 100.00

For those of you that have had it done out of warranty, what has the cost been ?

They claim they have to order a new piece and that will take a week, I though it was just the glue failing, unless it is a bigger problem. Kind of aggravating, I'm starting to believe in the term " Planned obsolescence "

Are their any up to date sites that list bulletins and recalls ? Found one, but the info is pretty old.

Thanks
reaper7534 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,005 Times in 14,589 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have use extended warranty before, but we paid the $50 more for $0 deductible. Went in , swapped bad part, and left.

36,001 miles and 3 years 1 day is when bumper to bumper is over, so that is done, and when extended warranty kicks in. If you got a good plan, would cover everything, but deductible.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #16

Wizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn, I just noticed mine is doing the same thing. Tried pressing on it to put it back and it wants to stick but won't. Gonna try Mazda this week and see what they say. 2y9m but 59k miles so probably not.
Wizkid817 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #17

alonso will become famous soon enoughalonso will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any photos guys;....
 Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #18

Wizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll try to grab a photo of it in the morning. Gonna try to see the dealer on Wednesday.
 Old 10-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not the best pictures but hopefully you can see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0271.jpg (722.6 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0269.jpg (870.4 KB, 146 views)
 Old 06-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #20

elgeratl is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone tried fixing it with glue or something else? Without going to the dealer?
elgeratl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #21
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,792 Times in 2,648 Posts
Groans: 1,772
Groaned at 43 Times in 24 Posts

Just use some self-tapping screws.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
PolishMs3 (01-14-2016)
 Old 06-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #22

JJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm taking my car to the dealership tomorrow morning regarding this same issue I'm having. We will see what they say. I should still be within my 3 years of the warranty. My car has less than 11,000 miles as well. Very disappointed that this is happening.

*Edit* took it to the dealer and they are going to fix it under warranty. Good thing because I only had 1 month left in the 3 year bumper to bumper coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by JJ Killa Nole; 07-01-2015 at 07:02 AM.
JJ Killa Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #23

JPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

*Edit* took it to the dealer and they are going to fix it under warranty. Good thing because I only had 1 month left in the 3 year bumper to bumper coverage.
Good stuff.... I'm at 2011 with 14,000 miles and after seeing this thread I took a look at really noticed that mine is definitely separated. Oh well...looks like I might have to live with it.
JJ Killa Nole likes this.
CS Rear Swaybar | CS Short Shift Plate | CS Shifter Bushings | CS RMM | CS Transmission Mount Insert | CS PMM | Forged Recirculate Valve | CS & JBR Silicone Hoses | Cobb AP | Koni FSDs | AutoTech HPFP Internals | CS TIP/SRI | CP-E TMIC | Hella SuperTones | CS Test Pipe |
CS OCC | CS CF Hood Scoop | Stratified Flash Tune V2.10

- 2011 Black Mica Tech Package (15,500 miles)

Last edited by JPele21; 07-01-2015 at 09:19 PM.
JPele21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #24

JJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to beholdJJ Killa Nole is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JPele21 View Post
Good stuff.... I'm at 2011 with 14,000 miles and after seeing this thread I took a look at really noticed that mine is definitely separated. Oh well...looks like I might have to live with it.

It might not hurt to take it to them and have them look at it. Your car has very little miles, similar to mine, and is unacceptable that this is happening. I couldn't live with it to be honest. Every time I get in my car the first thing I see is this screwed up dash.

After reading up a bit I saw that there was a class action lawsuit regarding "melting" or warping Mazda 3 dashboards. That might be some leverage to take it in and have them look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ Killa Nole For This Useful Post:
JPele21 (07-02-2015)
 Old 07-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #25

JPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond reputeJPele21 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll do some research and grab a copy of the lawsuit. I agree with such low miles and always having a dash cover on the car you would think it would have lasted much longer than this. The car is babied for lack of a better term and barely has any miles on it if you ask me.
CS Rear Swaybar | CS Short Shift Plate | CS Shifter Bushings | CS RMM | CS Transmission Mount Insert | CS PMM | Forged Recirculate Valve | CS & JBR Silicone Hoses | Cobb AP | Koni FSDs | AutoTech HPFP Internals | CS TIP/SRI | CP-E TMIC | Hella SuperTones | CS Test Pipe |

Old 07-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #26

MMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud ofMMApex has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

See attached on what is starting to develop in my car. My camera does not do good work here, so I attached a red line of where it is as well - its not a crack but rather what seems to be a soft impression?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150725_095555.jpg (190.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150725_095555 - Copy.jpg (198.7 KB, 57 views)
 Old 07-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #27

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 67
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MMApex View Post
See attached on what is starting to develop in my car. My camera does not do good work here, so I attached a red line of where it is as well - its not a crack but rather what seems to be a soft impression?
What you are seeing is the airbag separation lines.

The lines are where the dash rips open to allow the air bag to inflate.

The vinyl is sagging into the pre cut grooves. I can see that on my car.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1// Air Lift 1000 in rear
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #28

1983_242 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Dash separating above data display

Well, its been a long while since I posted here. But, I got the dreaded dash separation issues some of the Gen2 folks are getting. I talked to my local dealer who acted as if my car was the only car to do this. I'm going to bring the car in tomorrow to see what can be done to fix it. I was curious if any of you that have had this issue fixed under warranty did it under an extended warranty. I got a 7yr/70k warranty when I bought my MS3 and am crossing my fingers they're going to take care of it when I bring it in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Car in question is a 2011 MS3 with 60k on it.

Thanks
Steve
1983_242 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

I took off 3 days this week and plan to stop by the dealer and see what he says since I'm low miles and use a sunvisor and leather/vinyl protector or conditioner. I have a feeling that with it being Hawaii they are going to be a PITA to deal with and of course I'm out of warranty, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #30

NCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the worldNCZ13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,214 Times in 538 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 44 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 1983_242 View Post
Well, its been a long while since I posted here. But, I got the dreaded dash separation issues some of the Gen2 folks are getting. I talked to my local dealer who acted as if my car was the only car to do this. I'm going to bring the car in tomorrow to see what can be done to fix it. I was curious if any of you that have had this issue fixed under warranty did it under an extended warranty. I got a 7yr/70k warranty when I bought my MS3 and am crossing my fingers they're going to take care of it when I bring it in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Car in question is a 2011 MS3 with 60k on it.

Thanks
Steve
Its the norm for advisers to "play dumb" because you dont want to back yourself in a corner as far as solutions are concerned. You tell a customer something about how its super common, and you see it all the time, and X is the solution and it turns out their situation isnt like that at all, and all parties are in for a bad time.

The extended warranty you got will be through a warranty company. The service staff cannot make any calls on what is or isnt covered. They will call in your claim once they know the problem and solution. Typically you just give approval for your deducible amount and thats all you pay in the end. The warranty company picks up the rest of the charges.

Originally Posted by JPele21 View Post
I took off 3 days this week and plan to stop by the dealer and see what he says since I'm low miles and use a sunvisor and leather/vinyl protector or conditioner. I have a feeling that with it being Hawaii they are going to be a PITA to deal with and of course I'm out of warranty, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Unless you have a real good reputation with that service department (as in youre a good customer that spends money) dont expect them to bend over backwards for you. Youre out of warranty, so anything they would cover would be out of the service departments wallet.

That said, dealers typically get allocated a certain amount of "goodwill" money to cover things that are out of warranty. Money like this is really only used for problem situations, like a good customer that got all of their services done there, and something go wrong when they were at 36,0001 miles. Again, the money is finite, and usually reserved for problem situations.

Source: Was in the industry for almost 8 years.
JJ Killa Nole likes this.

2008 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed3
1986 Mazda RX7
2002.5 Sunlightsilver Protege5 (sold 12/26/09)

Hey you should read this: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ler-you-58361/
NCZ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yah, I don't think it is so much about getting it fix as it is getting it annotated and maybe...just maybe...Mazda looks back at their design flaw and doesn't repeat it down the road.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #32

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,653 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I always thought it was some kind of puzzle. I like the zig zag look myself.

Sent from my iPhone 6
littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NCZ13 View Post
Its the norm for advisers to "play dumb" because you dont want to back yourself in a corner as far as solutions are concerned. You tell a customer something about how its super common, and you see it all the time, and X is the solution and it turns out their situation isnt like that at all, and all parties are in for a bad time.

The extended warranty you got will be through a warranty company. The service staff cannot make any calls on what is or isnt covered. They will call in your claim once they know the problem and solution. Typically you just give approval for your deducible amount and thats all you pay in the end. The warranty company picks up the rest of the charges.

Unless you have a real good reputation with that service department (as in youre a good customer that spends money) dont expect them to bend over backwards for you. Youre out of warranty, so anything they would cover would be out of the service departments wallet.

That said, dealers typically get allocated a certain amount of "goodwill" money to cover things that are out of warranty. Money like this is really only used for problem situations, like a good customer that got all of their services done there, and something go wrong when they were at 36,0001 miles. Again, the money is finite, and usually reserved for problem situations.

Source: Was in the industry for almost 8 years.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by 1983_242 View Post

Thanks

Steve

I consider myself somewhat "lucky" in this regard because my dash started separating when still under my bumper-to-bumper warranty. I called 3 dealerships that were somewhat close to me and they were all upfront and acknowledged that this was a common issue (I am in FL). Do you know if the extended warranty covers bumper-to-bumper or is just the drivetrain?
 Old 07-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #34

Paulabreu is just really nicePaulabreu is just really nicePaulabreu is just really nicePaulabreu is just really nicePaulabreu is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

CP-E top mount intercooler
CS TIP+SRI
Autotech HPFP
Turbosmart Dual Port
NGK Iridium IX 1 step colder
Rotella t6 5w-40
CS short shifter plate
Koni Yellow + Eibach Sportline
JBR Rear Camber Arms
17 x 9 +42 Rota DPT
255/40/17 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Paulabreu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I never ended up going to the dealer about the separation. I grabbed some permatex black rtv adhesive and pulled it apart a bit, pushed it back and stuck a 10lb weight on it. So far so good but I need to trim a bit off that oozed out.
makjur likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizkid817 For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (08-23-2015)
 Old 08-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #36

danmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the worlddanmillerok is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,626 Times in 797 Posts
Groans: 20
Not Ranked  0 score     

Noticed mine is separating in the same area over the info screens. Going to set up an appointment for this week some time. 2013 with 28k.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Cobb AP V2 / JBR SRI / JBR TIP / CP-e xFlex RMM / Forge V1 BPV / AT Internals / eBay TP / Hypnotic Tune in progress

8K Low Beams / Optilux Yellow Fogs / Plastidipped Emblems / Painted Calipers / Rear Wiper Delete / Resonator Delete

Thou shall sweep the fucking popcorn and keep dicks out of thy mouth. - Dan 3:16
danmillerok is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #37

Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Add me to the list. Mine is separating and I have 598xx miles. My extended warranty dies at 60k and it mentions that it does not cover trim. I'm guessing that I'm SOL unless there is a recall or a home solution.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #38

bluebisz will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Seems like I have the same problem as well ... dash separated over the weekend on my 2012 MS3. Only have 16k on it but a few months passed the 3 year warranty. Just called the dealer and will bring the car in on Friday. They mentioned they will give it a try to get it covered by the regional sales rep, so fingers crossed ... hope it will help a bit that this is our 3rd Mazda over the years (2006 3 and 2008 CX-9).
bluebisz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well the black rtv adhesive and a weight on it till it cured solved my problem for a few bucks in case the dealer wants mad monies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizkid817 For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #40

1ndytta has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Neutral  -1 score     

Just googled to find if there were any similar issues as i've just noticed this on my car also. First post on this site and this is what its about. Should have traded my car in a few months ago when i had the chance.
1ndytta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to 1ndytta For This Un-useful Post: