register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #1

yangliu is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default jerky 1st gear acceleration with light throttle

just do a gentle taking off (around 20% acc pedal) from stop traffic light. It is not always just intermittently having this annoying issue.
car suddenly lose power for a second then back to acceleration, then lose power again and back again.

i checked logs, during the problem:
1. acc pedal drop to 0, but actual i didn't lift my foot off the pedal, just keep pressing the pedal. it seems ECU forced stop the acc pedal?
2. "closed loop" went to 1024 which usually means going into open loop
3. "desired HPFP pressure" went to 292PSI which usually means injector is off.

i attached an ap3 logs file. i highlight the problem logs:
line 74-83
line 122-130
line 193-200

i attached my tune map (you need to load the map with australian version of ATR (i uploaded to google drive, just download the zip file then unzip and run "Accesstuner_AU_MS3_BASE_09.exe")

my ATR download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ul7n66u2XbOgW2

my mod list:
JBR 3.0" intake
one step colder plugs
autotech HPFP internal
cobb catted dumppipe
streetunit TMIC
BNR S3
injector seals
JBR 88duro RMM
DM PMM+TMM
EGR blocked
Forge V1 bpv with red spring

much appreciate!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog.zip (35.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: ptm 98 Yang 2.09 (3inch MAF cal, 3Bar, BNR_S3).ptm (43.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by yangliu; 04-03-2019 at 03:07 PM.
yangliu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,875 Times in 2,700 Posts
Groans: 1,843
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

If I had to guess, it has to do with the larger-diameter intake and (perhaps) a bad MAF calibration for that intake. I have had similar low-speed, low-throttle jerkiness on a couple of my self-tuned maps, but have always been able to fix the problem by cleaning up the MAF calibration.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
If I had to guess, it has to do with the larger-diameter intake and (perhaps) a bad MAF calibration for that intake. I have had similar low-speed, low-throttle jerkiness on a couple of my self-tuned maps, but have always been able to fix the problem by cleaning up the MAF calibration.
I just load the base 3.0inch maf data and try to dial in again.
MAF calibrations for bigger intakes
 Old 04-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,875 Times in 2,700 Posts
Groans: 1,843
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Forget what I said earlier. I hadn't looked at the logs yet, and it looks like you're having some issues with your accelerator pedal position sensor or (or possibly and) your throttle position sensor. One, the other, or both appear to be reading incorrectly (I would guess that it's your accelerator pedal position sensor).

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Forget what I said earlier. I hadn't looked at the logs yet, and it looks like you're having some issues with your accelerator pedal position sensor or (or possibly and) your throttle position sensor. One, the other, or both appear to be reading incorrectly (I would guess that it's your accelerator pedal position sensor).
yeah, im thinking the same thing, ECU thinks I left my foot off pedal...mostly could be accelerator pedal position sensor. but the strange thing is this issue only happens on 1st gear with light throttle. i would try disconnect acc pedal position sensor can clean the plug first too see.
 Old 04-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #6

crankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the worldcrankshaft is the leader of the world
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you sure it isn't the AC compressor? I have noticed that you REALLY feel it in this car, especially light throttle first gear.