Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazdaspeed Forums (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/)
-   Gen2 MS3 General Discussion (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f544/)
-   -   MS3 Gen 2 Electrical/ ecu problem? (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f544/mazdaspeed-3-gen-2-electrical-ecu-problem-222838/)

DadliMS3 10-22-2019 05:25 PM

MS3 Gen 2 Electrical/ ecu problem?
 
So guys, ive had my 2011 JDM speed for the last 5 weeks, and its been nothing but smiles on my face as having been my first performance car that I've owned but not driven. Any ways issues started 2 weeks ago when my traction control, abs light and rvm light came on a cold start. it stayed on for a few days and then came off and then back again. I went to a diagnostics mechanic and the diagnosis came back with abs faults and when we took it for a drive all 4 wheel sensors were unresponsive. He said that its highly unlikely all four would be faulty and said maybe its the abs module. Anyways drove off and the lights came off. The back again and stays on. This has been the cycle for 2 weeks with it coming off then coming on and staying on even with normal driving

issue 2:

Today was jus sitting idle and the car started reving by itself and a warning light on the dash screen comin on and off ...

I like this car but these things are doing my head in and wondering if i made a mistake.


anyone have anythoughts

MSMS3 10-22-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadliMS3 (Post 3171680)
So guys, ive had my 2011 JDM speed for the last 5 weeks, and its been nothing but smiles on my face as having been my first performance car that I've owned but not driven. Any ways issues started 2 weeks ago when my traction control, abs light and rvm light came on a cold start. it stayed on for a few days and then came off and then back again. I went to a diagnostics mechanic and the diagnosis came back with abs faults and when we took it for a drive all 4 wheel sensors were unresponsive. He said that its highly unlikely all four would be faulty and said maybe its the abs module. Anyways drove off and the lights came off. The back again and stays on. This has been the cycle for 2 weeks with it coming off then coming on and staying on even with normal driving

issue 2:

Today was jus sitting idle and the car started reving by itself and a warning light on the dash screen comin on and off ...

I like this car but these things are doing my head in and wondering if i made a mistake.


anyone have anythoughts

Please go somewhere and get it scanned for diagnostic error codes, if you don’t have a scanner, and report them here.

There is little we can do without those codes, and potentially a lot of help we can offer with them.

DadliMS3 10-22-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSMS3 (Post 3171681)
Please go somewhere and get it scanned for diagnostic error codes, if you don’t have a scanner, and report them here.

There is little we can do without those codes, and potentially a lot of help we can offer with them.

Thanks man, I will try and get codes this wekeend, just annoyed i gotta pay another 50USD to get it done

Vansquish 10-22-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadliMS3 (Post 3171683)
Thanks man, I will try and get codes this wekeend, just annoyed i gotta pay another 50USD to get it done

You can also just acquire an ELM327-style OBD2 reader that can interface with the Torque app. That will allow you to read and clear codes.

Jeff23spl 10-23-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansquish (Post 3171685)
You can also just acquire an ELM327-style OBD2 reader that can interface with the Torque app. That will allow you to read and clear codes.

is torque reading abs codes ? I think abs are on the lsCAN network and torque is just reading mscan error codes.

Instead you can also ack the same cheap elm327 with a toggle switch and load Forscan app and switch to the other communication protocol and pins to reach abs and air bag computers.
https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

DadliMS3 10-23-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl (Post 3171732)
is torque reading abs codes ? I think abs are on the lsCAN network and torque is just reading mscan error codes.

Instead you can also ack the same cheap elm327 with a toggle switch and load Forscan app and switch to the other communication protocol and pins to reach abs and air bag computers.
https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

Unfortunately where I live on this side of the world, it's abit of a hassle to get that device in a good time frame. So I have to stick to goin to a mechanic with the diagnostic device. The car runs good except for those faults.. when i first got the car the passenger side light wasn't working despite having a new bulb and all fuses being intact... then a week later it just started working but the AFS malfunctions from time to time.


:smashfreakB:

Jeff23spl 10-23-2019 01:13 PM

with your story of intermittent problems, i would add ground strap between body-engine-battery negative (the big3 used in car audio) and check all ground in the engine bay following electric diagram and make sure all of them are clean and tight.
then i would check both fuse box connection (in the back)
Is the engine been replaced ? Could it be a flooded and repaired car ?

which part of the world take more time to get Chineese parts than in North America ?

DadliMS3 10-23-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl (Post 3171742)
with your story of intermittent problems, i would add ground strap between body-engine-battery negative (the big3 used in car audio) and check all ground in the engine bay following electric diagram and make sure all of them are clean and tight.
then i would check both fuse box connection (in the back)
Is the engine been replaced ? Could it be a flooded and repaired car ?

which part of the world take more time to get Chineese parts than in North America ?

Noted, will check that out thanks for the advice. The car is a fresh import to the island, its only been here 1 year and it was driven by a friend of mine since it landed. and as far as i kno it never gave any issues. The engine hasnt been replaced as far as i know from japan, but the driver side (passenger side for USDM) needs replacing. I live in the caribbean and the logistics to get parts and not to mention the tax duty on car items is like 40 or 60% of the value including shipping lool!

DadliMS3 11-08-2019 08:33 PM

found the cause for the abs/traction control light issue was a faulty sensor. have two ordered and shipped as we speak.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors

©Copyright 2008 ; 2019 Cymru Internet Services LLC | FYHN™ Autosports HQ
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

Page generated in 0.17818 seconds with 11 queries