register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Djohns
  • 1 Post By moonrider_99

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 AM   #1

HardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Mazdaspeed3 Replacement?

I have a 2012 MS3 with Tech Package and I just broke 30K miles. I'm thinking I could maybe get $13-$15K for the car and was wondering if there is anything even in that price range that would be able to replace the car. Since I commute mostly in traffic, I'm looking to get out of a manual car but still be something that is fun. What would you guys look into?
HardHitter is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #2

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you talking 13k-15k total or down payment wise?
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #3

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would never sell my Mazdaspeed 3. I would buy a cheap beater on Craigslist for the commute if it's that bad. There's a clean automatic 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5L SL right now near me for only $1,000 with 89k miles. That car will likely last beyond 200k miles without skipping a beat. Just sayin. In fact...I might look into that one myself... lol
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2018, 05:50 AM   #4

HardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond reputeHardHitter has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Are you talking 13k-15k total or down payment wise?
I'm talking 13-15K total.

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
I would never sell my Mazdaspeed 3. I would buy a cheap beater on Craigslist for the commute if it's that bad. There's a clean automatic 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5L SL right now near me for only $1,000 with 89k miles. That car will likely last beyond 200k miles without skipping a beat. Just sayin. In fact...I might look into that one myself... lol
Well the Mazdaspeed3 is just my daily driver. It used to be my "nice" car but since I bought it, I've gotten some fun toys and don't really need the 6 speed. My toy right now is a 997 911 Turbo but I'm looking to get into a 991 911 Turbo or potentially a McLaren.
 Old 07-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #5

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HardHitter View Post
I'm talking 13-15K total.

Well the Mazdaspeed3 is just my daily driver. It used to be my "nice" car but since I bought it, I've gotten some fun toys and don't really need the 6 speed. My toy right now is a 997 911 Turbo but I'm looking to get into a 991 911 Turbo or potentially a McLaren.
How the hell do you go from a mazdaspeed to nice Porsche’s and potentially a McLaren? Teach me your ways.
byzantines2000 likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
cyclist20 (07-06-2018), kTaLgsTo (07-02-2018), Solarsurge (07-02-2018), Tomas (09-18-2018)
 Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
How the hell do you go from a mazdaspeed to nice Porsche’s and potentially a McLaren? Teach me your ways.
Lol, a good career. I bought the Mazdaspeed3 brand new in 2012. Out of the 15+ cars I've bought, the only one that I've bought brand new. I had two Miata's that I played around with and then ended up buying a 1997 Viper GTS to be my fun car. Played around with that for 2 years and sold it to get a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Now I have a few scenarios I'm playing in my head, as I have a kid on the way in November

Scenario 1: Sell the Mazdaspeed3 and the Turbo, buy one "all around" car. I've been considering a 2014-2016 E63S or 2016 RS7. I'd be able to pick up one of those and bank $10-$15K

Scenario 2: Sell the Mazdaspeed3 and the Turbo and buy a new daily driver with the Mazdaspeed3 money (people have suggested a Golf R) and then buy another weekend car, which I'm looking at a 2014-2016 911 Turbo or a 2014 Mclaren MP4-12C.

I really don't know what approach to take. I feel like scenario 2 is the best, but we also want to buy another house so we'd be taking away from that.
 Old 07-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #7

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is that even a question? If you can get a McLaren, you take the McLaren. It spanks the 911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 07-03-2018, 05:15 AM   #8

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright alright. Possibly an unpopular opinion here. The entire German performance sedan segment is played out and boring. They're fast and normally pretty good looking but there doesn't seem to be any fun factor associated with them. It's just another twin turbo low-displacement v8 that puts out 5xx horsepower and weighs a stupid 45xx lbs. Even though they are quick, I feel like I would get bored of it so fast.

No, I would get something that will never stop feeling special. So far, my MS3 still does, which is why even though I said since before I graduated that I'd have an STI if I had more money, I'm still driving it. I wouldn't even think twice about it. Golf R and a 12C every time. Both cars will feel special each time you drive them, and you'll look forward to being behind the wheel of both. Especially for someone that's owned eccentric cars like a turbo and viper, a weighed down, automatic, neutral colored sedan would feel as if it's missing something.

Things that don't: Gen Pu wheels, CPE center pod with Prosport boost, OP, and OT gauges, Eonon G9151A.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #9

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Not Ranked  0 score     

Shoot I pick up a late 80's crown Victoria,displacement and HP can't replace the comforting embrace of 1980's red or blue velour
 Old 07-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Alright alright. Possibly an unpopular opinion here. The entire German performance sedan segment is played out and boring. They're fast and normally pretty good looking but there doesn't seem to be any fun factor associated with them. It's just another twin turbo low-displacement v8 that puts out 5xx horsepower and weighs a stupid 45xx lbs. Even though they are quick, I feel like I would get bored of it so fast.

No, I would get something that will never stop feeling special. So far, my MS3 still does, which is why even though I said since before I graduated that I'd have an STI if I had more money, I'm still driving it. I wouldn't even think twice about it. Golf R and a 12C every time. Both cars will feel special each time you drive them, and you'll look forward to being behind the wheel of both. Especially for someone that's owned eccentric cars like a turbo and viper, a weighed down, automatic, neutral colored sedan would feel as if it's missing something.

Not unpopular. We’re a “built not bought” crowd. But I’d venture a guess that’s likely because we’re either too poor or too sensible to buy a McLaren. But I also think it’s much cooler to have 500+ HP in a batshit crazy box on wheels we basically build ourselves than to just put the key in, hit the gas pedal and have the car basically drive itself.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:51 AM   #11

Bingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the worldBingo is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
Not unpopular. We’re a “built not bought” crowd. But I’d venture a guess that’s likely because we’re either too poor or too sensible to buy a McLaren. But I also think it’s much cooler to have 500+ HP in a batshit crazy box on wheels we basically build ourselves than to just put the key in, hit the gas pedal and have the car basically drive itself.

At least to me, it's not even about the whole built not bought thing. I've never really bought into it anyway. The "bought" guys are usually considered the "bad guys" even though they also worked hard to achieve having their dream car. But yes, I do believe it would be far more rewarding to have that 5xx horsepower in something exciting rather than a car that you could fall asleep driving.

Things that don't: Gen Pu wheels, CPE center pod with Prosport boost, OP, and OT gauges, Eonon G9151A.
 Old 07-03-2018, 05:58 AM   #12

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,826 Times in 980 Posts
Groans: 140
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol, a good career. I bought the Mazdaspeed3 brand new in 2012. Out of the 15+ cars I've bought, the only one that I've bought brand new. I had two Miata's that I played around with and then ended up buying a 1997 Viper GTS to be my fun car. Played around with that for 2 years and sold it to get a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Now I have a few scenarios I'm playing in my head, as I have a kid on the way in November

Scenario 1: Sell the Mazdaspeed3 and the Turbo, buy one "all around" car. I've been considering a 2014-2016 E63S or 2016 RS7. I'd be able to pick up one of those and bank $10-$15K

Scenario 2: Sell the Mazdaspeed3 and the Turbo and buy a new daily driver with the Mazdaspeed3 money (people have suggested a Golf R) and then buy another weekend car, which I'm looking at a 2014-2016 911 Turbo or a 2014 Mclaren MP4-12C.

I really don't know what approach to take. I feel like scenario 2 is the best, but we also want to buy another house so we'd be taking away from that.
The RS7 is extremely fast and competent. I'd lean in that direction.

FWIW, my MS3 was bought new by me in the spring of '08. All maintenance and mods done by me personally. It's still my weekend fun car, but I needed something with more room as a daily driver. So, my daily is an Audi SUV - '17 Q5 3.0 TFSI Quattro(supercharged version). With one pulley change to spin the blower faster and an appropriate tune it is 430 crank hp. Just right for my needs.

But an RS7 would be my dream ride.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10 years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #13
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,294 Times in 1,847 Posts
Groans: 541
Groaned at 179 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh, it's that guy who makes a new thread every 6 months talking about what he wants instead of his mazda that he bought in november 2012 that he's totally ready to get rid of and never does.

if you want us to spend your money then send it to us
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pu Manchu For This Useful Post:
daafisch (10-09-2018), Tomas (09-18-2018)
 Old 09-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #14

moonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buy a Focus RS, lol.

I too, don't get this thing about going from a MS3 to RS7, it's 10s of thousands of dollars apart.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #15

motoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond reputemotoman has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by moonrider_99 View Post
Buy a Focus RS, lol.

I too, don't get this thing about going from a MS3 to RS7, it's 10s of thousands of dollars apart.
Except that the RS has been discontinued and the motor is shit. Not sure if they fixed that for the 2018 model (the last model ever), but it's a risk you take with the thing. I wouldn't risk it for that kind of money.
 Old 10-18-2018, 04:00 AM   #16

moonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond reputemoonrider_99 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 46 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Except that the RS has been discontinued and the motor is shit. Not sure if they fixed that for the 2018 model (the last model ever), but it's a risk you take with the thing. I wouldn't risk it for that kind of money.
Engine is good. Wrong head gasket from factory, which was replaced by dealers as part of a recall. 2017.5-2018 have the correct one. I have no issues almost a year after the recall. Another internet overblown story. Ford fanboism aside, this car will go down in history as one of the best hot hatches. I dont track the RS because it's my daily, but I went to the Ford performance school in Utah to drive the RS on the track and it felt more like a sports car than a four door econo box with boltons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnT8_D15GrI
Vinnie likes this.

2004 MSM
- AEM Intake - BEGI - FM Turboback - Turbosmart BPV - Hallman Boost Controller - ...

"I'm a Turbo addict, I know."

SCCA Philadelphia: (http://www.phillyscca.com/solo/)

2012 MS3 Silver w/ Tech Package - sold in '17
2009 WRX Stage 2- sold in '12

Last edited by moonrider_99; 10-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.
moonrider_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

2 months later, I thought I'd give an update. Drove back a 2014 RS7 with Milltek exhaust and APR stage 1 tune to replace my Speed3 as the daily driver.
 Old 12-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice. Out of curiosity, you have a speed and a Miata in your profile picture. That Audi has 1000 lbs on the speed, and 1800 lbs on the Miata, hiow noticeable is that? It’s probably decent for on ramps, but I have a hard time believing you don’t feel it in the turns. I’m genuinely curious about it on the German (sporty) luxo barges.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Nice. Out of curiosity, you have a speed and a Miata in your profile picture. That Audi has 1000 lbs on the speed, and 1800 lbs on the Miata, hiow noticeable is that? It’s probably decent for on ramps, but I have a hard time believing you don’t feel it in the turns. I’m genuinely curious about it on the German (sporty) luxo barges.
Oh you definitely feel how big the car is. I've always had very small cars (RX7, Miata, Speed3, etc.) so its different. I haven't pushed the car too hard in turns yet because I'm still trying to get used to it. People say that the best mod to the car other than the tune is swaybars, so that is next.
 Old 12-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #20

kiwiiboii is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Hey!

Oh you definitely feel how big the car is. I've always had very small cars (RX7, Miata, Speed3, etc.) so its different. I haven't pushed the car too hard in turns yet because I'm still trying to get used to it. People say that the best mod to the car other than the tune is swaybars, so that is next.
Hey!

This might be really random but I'm pretty sure I contacted you a few days ago about buying your car. You told me yesterday you sold it back to Mazda

I was literally just talking to my parents during lunch about selling my Mazda3 and getting a small loan to buy your car when I got back up!

Oh well. Scouring the forums now for a potential buy!
kiwiiboii is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #21

Coffeespeed has a spectacular aura aboutCoffeespeed has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

How is the Audi treating you reliability wise? I always loved Audi. But the maintenance costs and reliability scared me. I was actually looking at an ATS V before I decided to go S4 route to keep my Mazda for a couple more years. If Audi has been bullet proof, I might need too look into this for my family DD fun mobile.
Coffeespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #22

Natey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the worldNatey is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 28 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2 months later, I thought I'd give an update. Drove back a 2014 RS7 with Milltek exhaust and APR stage 1 tune to replace my Speed3 as the daily driver.

You don't 'replace' a $10K car with a $70K+ one. Maybe the thread was created about cars that are comparable to the MS3 but are still available today?

I'm gonna replace my RX-7 with a Carrera GT.
Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kiwiiboii View Post
Hey!

This might be really random but I'm pretty sure I contacted you a few days ago about buying your car. You told me yesterday you sold it back to Mazda

I was literally just talking to my parents during lunch about selling my Mazda3 and getting a small loan to buy your car when I got back up!

Oh well. Scouring the forums now for a potential buy!
Yep that's me!

Sorry, I just wasn't willing to wait and have the car sit there. I feel as though I gave Mazda my Speed3 for free at $11.5K but the extra couple thousand wasn't worth the effort/wait. It should sell fast, low mile (33k) tech package Speed3.

Originally Posted by Coffeespeed View Post
How is the Audi treating you reliability wise? I always loved Audi. But the maintenance costs and reliability scared me. I was actually looking at an ATS V before I decided to go S4 route to keep my Mazda for a couple more years. If Audi has been bullet proof, I might need too look into this for my family DD fun mobile.
Audi has been fine, but I've only had it for a few weeks now. If I had problems within a few weeks, that'd be a problem. To be honest, the B8.5 S4 is a solid car. But then again, I am used to Porsche maintenance cost so Audi maintenance doesn't scare me.
 Old 12-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep that's me!

Sorry, I just wasn't willing to wait and have the car sit there. I feel as though I gave Mazda my Speed3 for free at $11.5K but the extra couple thousand wasn't worth the effort/wait. It should sell fast, low mile (33k) tech package Speed3.
No problem!

May I ask which dealer you sold it to? I might go try to snatch it up (if they havent sold already) if they have it at a reasonable price.
 Old 12-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No problem!

May I ask which dealer you sold it to? I might go try to snatch it up (if they havent sold already) if they have it at a reasonable price.
Oak Tree Mazda is where it will be at. They have to take off my UR exhaust and Cobb intake/inlet tubes as I gave them the stock parts and I'll end up selling my aftermarket parts (Let me know if you're interested).

If I were to guess, they will probably list it for $17-$18K and let it go for around $15K to make a couple grand profit.
 Old 12-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Oak Tree Mazda is where it will be at. They have to take off my UR exhaust and Cobb intake/inlet tubes as I gave them the stock parts and I'll end up selling my aftermarket parts (Let me know if you're interested).

If I were to guess, they will probably list it for $17-$18K and let it go for around $15K to make a couple grand profit.
Great thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

I'll definitely let you know about the parts if I do end up buying one.
 Old 12-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

I'll definitely let you know about the parts if I do end up buying one.
They just listed it up on their website for $15.6K. I have the exhaust up on craigslist if interested.
 Old 12-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

They just listed it up on their website for $15.6K. I have the exhaust up on craigslist if interested.
I see it now. Thanks!

They said they're still waiting on parts and it'll be available in a week or so. I left my contact info so they'll call me when it's ready.

I think I want a Corksport catback non-resonated, but if I do want your UR one, I'll definitely hit you up. I saw it on CL while I was seeing if any other Speed3's popped up.
 Old 12-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I see it now. Thanks!

They said they're still waiting on parts and it'll be available in a week or so. I left my contact info so they'll call me when it's ready.

I think I want a Corksport catback non-resonated, but if I do want your UR one, I'll definitely hit you up. I saw it on CL while I was seeing if any other Speed3's popped up.
Interesting, they just raised the price up from $15.6K to $16K even now hah.
 Old 12-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting, they just raised the price up from $15.6K to $16K even now hah.
They just upped it to 17,800 lol.

If they'll give it to me for like 15,500 OTD, I'll probably buy it.
 Old 01-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

They just upped it to 17,800 lol.

If they'll give it to me for like 15,500 OTD, I'll probably buy it.
Looks like the car is sold as I don't see it on the website. Did you pick it up?
 Old 01-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like the car is sold as I don't see it on the website. Did you pick it up?
No I did not. They wanted way too much for it.

I bought a silver 2012 with tech package from someone in Richmond for 12800 cash. 59k on it.