register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #1

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default My gen1 just burned and need advices if i should get a gen2

Hello
This morning my 2007 ms3 just catch fire and get totaled...the car was built and small BT. i need advides if i should just get a new shell for another first gen or get a second gen or even a 6 for more tractions but more problems ?
I know i post in the second gen forum so i may get positive answer to get one but my wonders is about the longer ratio gear, more electronics to mess with a tune and the black/red kind of interrior color...My first gen was also a good sleeper when a second gen let peoples know with the hood scoop that there is something under....

I was happy with my gen one after about 10 years, i was looking to change my gt2871 for a gtx3071 but this happened before i ordered it...I ask advices because i'm very slow to choose stuff, It took me a year to decide for a new turbo...

So just tell me about what do you think or if someone switched from a first gen to a second...etc...

At some point i was looking at 335Xi for a next car in few years but it can be the time too....

Is the second gen easier on the wheel arch to install slick on the front ?

It is a sad day for me so any advice is welcome.

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky for winter
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #2

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 102
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How did your clutch get hot enough to catch fire? Bummer man.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #3

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 64
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want to see pics.

I would go with a gen1 as it's cheaper and I don't like gen2 body style.

Hopefully your car was insured.
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, CorkSport Stage 2 RMM, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

Soon to come: CS turbo, TR8 front mount, JBR 3" intake, EBCS, and maybe a clutch.

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stockms3 For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (02-14-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #4

Db09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud ofDb09ms3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Not Ranked  0 score     

I 2nd the genwin. Get an '09, the interior trim looks nicer than my buddy's '07. Gloss black and white gauge needles, mmmmmmmm
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
How did your clutch get hot enough to catch fire? Bummer man.
don't see where i talk about my clutch ????
Actually i'm not sure what it was. I will check tomorrow but when i opened the hood, there was fire on the firewall and oil everywhere. The floor on the passenger side just below the transmission stick was also in fire.
My 4awg for my sub pass there below the carpet but i have a 80A fuse at the battery....
I was expecting at first, it came from the turbo because it happened 1-2 minutes after a heavy pull entering the highway...a Leak that catch fire splashing on the cherry hot turbo casting??? Or the oil just splashed after an oil line burned after something else made the fire....
I hope my insurrance won't bother me because of mecanic mods....The fmic and w/m is easy to see...

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #6

Spectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the worldSpectrix is the leader of the world
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just some food for thought - do you really wish to build the same car over again? If you're planning on a 335 in the future, building another Speed is an expensive stopover.

Sorry to hear about your car catching alight.

Cobb AP ~ Autotech HPFP Internals ~ HTP 3" Intake ~ Custom Testpipe ~ Cobb RSB ~ Sticky Tires.
E85 & Self tuned
Spectrix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #7

kTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here you guy, buy this guys car, fellow Canadian...

How much is my car worth?
 Old 02-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
Here you guy, buy this guys car, fellow Canadian...

How much is my car worth?
thanks for the offer but i'm completly on the other side of the country, i will check for something local...

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spectrix View Post
Just some food for thought - do you really wish to build the same car over again? If you're planning on a 335 in the future, building another Speed is an expensive stopover.

Sorry to hear about your car catching alight.
this is a part of my questions....why redo it....a good answer would be: because i know the speed pretty well and it would be easy to redo it but skip the mistake i may have made.
But it would just be a repeat.....

What stop me from bm is the range of money to build it compared to a speed. And the knowledge level seem a bit more limited than what we have here. I already joined some forum and peoples talk more about the cost of repairs at the dealership than about build thread and mods....The potential of the inline 6 for a recent car is tempting too....

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #10

flapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to allflapjack is a name known to all
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Really sorry to hear that. Take off what you can before insurance comes.

Genjaun 4 lyfe if you get another speed. But after 10 years I'd think you'd be tired of the car.

Depending on what you can afford, check out the newer golf gti/r and the focus st. Good 4cyl hatches that can make great power when tuned/BT. Also sleepers

Engine:
\\ JBR Solid RMM \\ AWR PMM \\ TRZ TMM \\ JBR PCV OCC \\ COBB SRI & TIP \\ CPE 3.25" TMIC \\ TurboXS 3" Catless DP \\ 3" Resonated Midpipe Back \\ Autotech HPFP Internals \\ Ford Transit Van Spin-on Oil Filter Adapter \\ Full EGR Delete \\ Throttle Body Coolant Bypass \\ Corksport Injector Seals \\ Greddy Type FV BPV \\

Tuning:
\\Cobb AP V3\\ Stratified Stage 3 E30 Mix S-OTS \\

Suspension/Brakes:
\\ BC Racing BR Type Coilovers \\ StopTech Street Pads F&R \\ Centric Drilled & Slotted Rotors \\ OZ Alleggerita Wheels 18x8 et48 \\
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #11

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
don't see where i talk about my clutch ????
Actually i'm not sure what it was. I will check tomorrow but when i opened the hood, there was fire on the firewall and oil everywhere. The floor on the passenger side just below the transmission stick was also in fire.
My 4awg for my sub pass there below the carpet but i have a 80A fuse at the battery....
I was expecting at first, it came from the turbo because it happened 1-2 minutes after a heavy pull entering the highway...a Leak that catch fire splashing on the cherry hot turbo casting??? Or the oil just splashed after an oil line burned after something else made the fire....
I hope my insurrance won't bother me because of mecanic mods....The fmic and w/m is easy to see...
My bad. I misread your post! Sorry that happened man.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

by the way is there a way to unmarry my ap if the wiring is burned or i have to pay cobb ?

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #13

kTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond reputekTaLgsTo has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am not sure, but I do know some other tuner companies can be used with an off board.

It's a home made job, you take the wiring going to your PCM and plug it into your PCM, give it desired power, hook up an OBD port and plug in the scanner. This obviously takes some wiring knowledge and what not, but can be used to unbrick PCM's and to unmarry tuners such as an AP.
It's the hard way, but probably cheaper than paying cobb if there isn't another way...
 Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #14

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,490 Times in 903 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Drive down here to NH and buy my gen2!

But sorry to hear about your car

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,163 Times in 1,760 Posts
Groans: 524
Groaned at 169 Times in 106 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Jeff23spl; did you run over a bucket?
 Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Pu Manchu View Post
@Jeff23spl; did you run over a bucket?
Not sure exactly what do you mean but I didn't run over anything special. (Do you mean a fuel bucket ? )

i'm not sure of the origin of the fire yet. Maybe the insurance will tell me....

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
Wife drive 2010 CX7

Last edited by Jeff23spl; 02-16-2018 at 02:46 PM.
 Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #17
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,163 Times in 1,760 Posts
Groans: 524
Groaned at 169 Times in 106 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sometimes you run over a bucket and it breaks your oil line and burns your car.

sorry for your loss.
 Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #18

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,327 Posts
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I second buying a piece of pu. Longer gears ftw. And smexier.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote