register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Db09ms3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

tripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default My next step?

I'm not really sure what to do next or what to read about next.

You can see what I added to my car in the signature. I have sourced a used CS catted TBE and want to toss that in in the future. I am also planning a TMIC or FMIC when I find a decent used one around locally.

I am not sure what would be the next step. Im going to read up on BCS next. I'm waiting to add the exhaust, and intercooler prior to getting a real tune. For now the OTS map is working well for me.

Any suggestions where I should direct my research and money?
Autotech HPFP
JBR solid shift bushing
DM short shift plate
HPS SRI
G-plus TIP
CP-e TMIC
AP V3 Stage 1 +SF
tripppleP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #2

Bertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant futureBertospeed3 has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do you have a goal?
Cobb SF Intake & TIH w. Blitz Filter
CP-e TMIC
Corksport Dual VTA BPV
JBR 88 Duro RMM
Bertospeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bertospeed3 For This Useful Post:
tripppleP (09-12-2019)
 Old 09-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #3

Db09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the worldDb09ms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 96
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Peeps dig the ethanol, try that after you bolt everything on and get frisky with the E-tune. Don't know what else to tell you
danb likes this.
 Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

tripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of lighttripppleP is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bertospeed3 View Post
do you have a goal?
No I don't. I really don't know a ton of car guys so I can't say I want my car ____ many HP. I don't know what my goal should be. I guess I kind of learn about a new part and try and buy it and put it in the car and whatever happens happens.

I actually and very happy with where the car is at now. But I enjoy the process of learning, working on the car and then being proud of the outcome.

Originally Posted by Db09ms3 View Post
Peeps dig the ethanol, try that after you bolt everything on and get frisky with the E-tune. Don't know what else to tell you
Thanks for your input. I'll put that on my reading list. It this the "meth" people are talking about?
Autotech HPFP
JBR solid shift bushing
DM short shift plate
HPS SRI
G-plus TIP
CP-e TMIC
AP V3 Stage 1 +SF

Last edited by tripppleP; 09-11-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
tripppleP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,999 Times in 2,801 Posts
Groans: 1,906
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tripppleP View Post
No I don't. I really don't know a ton of car guys so I can't say I want my car ____ many HP. I don't know what my goal should be. I guess I kind of learn about a new part and try and buy it and put it in the car and whatever happens happens.

I actually and very happy with where the car is at now. But I enjoy the process of learning, working on the car and then being proud of the outcome.

Thanks for your input. I'll put that on my reading list. It this the "meth" people are talking about?
Ethanol = the "E" in E85 or E35, or E15, etc.

Methanol = Meth

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
tripppleP (09-12-2019)
 Old 09-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #6

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,039 Posts
Groans: 154
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tripppleP View Post
I'm not really sure what to do next or what to read about next.

You can see what I added to my car in the signature. I have sourced a used CS catted TBE and want to toss that in in the future. I am also planning a TMIC or FMIC when I find a decent used one around locally.

I am not sure what would be the next step. Im going to read up on BCS next. I'm waiting to add the exhaust, and intercooler prior to getting a real tune. For now the OTS map is working well for me.

Any suggestions where I should direct my research and money?
Install the catted DP and get a good custom tune. It will take some revisions to optimize it. Working with a custom e-tuner takes patience and time. Tune for 93 octane if available.

Stop then and enjoy for a while. You may be happy right there. You will have maxed out the K04 at that point, anyway at about 300-310 whp if done right. Maybe explore a tune for ethanol for 15-20 more whp.

Intercooler does not add power, it just keeps you from losing power due to heat soak and hit weather. A FMIC will increase turbo lag and spool time due to longer piping. It’s a trade off. I never found the benefit justified the extra length between intake and turbo.

I’d slow down at that point and get to know the car. Oh, yes, that’s what I did.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10+ years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
tripppleP (09-12-2019)