register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BMC
  • 1 Post By BMC

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
BMC

BMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need help with fuel pressure drop ... again

If anyone has thoughts on this I'd appreciate hearing them ( for background info, see thread " Fuel Pressure Woes"). In brief, I had intermittent fuel-pressure-drop-problems earlier this year. After a fair bit of trouble-shooting, including replacing the fuel rail sensor with no luck, I sent the internals back to Autotech who put them on the flow bench and found them to be in need of replacement. They were kind enough to do this under warranty (and very quickly). It corrected the issue and I ran the shit out of my car all summer and had a great time.

That said, I started it the other day and by the end of my driveway, it had stalled. There had been no problems at all for 2-3 months. I was able to start it again several minutes later and got it back up the drive. I've attached a couple of logs.

I was crying the blues to a mechanic friend about how much of a bother the trouble shooting process is, when he suggested that I could eliminate the spill valve as the culprit by simply unplugging it and starting the car. He believes that if pressure builds and holds, then the spill valve is likely where the problem lies and not with the pump housing or internals. He believes the pressure will release at the max allowable through a release mechanism built into the pump. I am hesitant to try this as I don't understand the mechanics of the fuel pump and what it might do without the feedback it gets from the ECU. As always any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog194.csv (161.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv datalog195.csv (69.0 KB, 0 views)
Black 2013 w/tech - initial installs - all COBB; FMIC, Accessport V3, SF Cold Airbox, Short Ram Intake, Turbo Inlet Hose, 3" SS Downpipe, 3" SS Cat-back Exhaust, Rear Motor Mount, XLE BPV, Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers. Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, Greddy catch can, Freektune,

Most recent installs/swaps; BNR S4 , HTP 3" intake kit, , TIG intake to head, CPE EGR delete, Swift lowering springs, rear camber arms, CPE 75 duro driver and passenger mounts, ProMeth Tank, Aquamist HFS-4 V-3 w/m injection kit (to combat our absolutely garbage, 91 octane), (.8 & 1.0 jets), vent gauge pod, Nitto NT05s

370whp 380 torque on dynojet (with Aquamist, while running 2 gal. in-tank-meth) (more whp and torque since psi up a lb. or two but no dynojet update yet)

Last edited by BMC; 09-06-2017 at 06:38 PM.
BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
BMC

BMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond reputeBMC has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like to close off my threads. Couldn't see the problem after pump disassembly/inspection and everything else seemed to be in order so I got a new pump. Problem solved. Expensive but with no feedback a week after posting (like did I offend the entire forum), options were limited. I know wahhh wahhh wahhh.
Bexar likes this.
Black 2013 w/tech - initial installs - all COBB; FMIC, Accessport V3, SF Cold Airbox, Short Ram Intake, Turbo Inlet Hose, 3" SS Downpipe, 3" SS Cat-back Exhaust, Rear Motor Mount, XLE BPV, Polyurethane Exhaust Hangers. Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, Greddy catch can, Freektune,

Most recent installs/swaps; BNR S4 , HTP 3" intake kit, , TIG intake to head, CPE EGR delete, Swift lowering springs, rear camber arms, CPE 75 duro driver and passenger mounts, ProMeth Tank, Aquamist HFS-4 V-3 w/m injection kit (to combat our absolutely garbage, 91 octane), (.8 & 1.0 jets), vent gauge pod, Nitto NT05s

370whp 380 torque on dynojet (with Aquamist, while running 2 gal. in-tank-meth) (more whp and torque since psi up a lb. or two but no dynojet update yet)
The Following User Says Thank You to BMC For This Useful Post:
manu (09-17-2017)
 Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

Bexar is just really niceBexar is just really niceBexar is just really niceBexar is just really niceBexar is just really nice
Groans: 1
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Expensive but with no feedback a week after posting (like did I offend the entire forum), options were limited. I know wahhh wahhh wahhh.
Maybe people genuinely didn't know of any solutions to your problem ?

Need to be installed: JBR RSB + billet brackets // HPFP

I ❤ hatches
Bexar is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bexar For This Useful Post:
BMC (09-13-2017)
 Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
BMC

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
Maybe people genuinely didn't know of any solutions to your problem ?
You're probably right. This forum has been very helpful over the years. Guess I'm just used to guys here jumping in with answers/suggestions. Plus, now that I've stopped sulking, it occurs to me that two huge centers are in the midst of dealing with the aftermath of some seriously f#cked up weather.
Bexar likes this.