register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> Gen2 MS3 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stockms3
  • 1 Post By MSMS3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

stock_MS3 will become famous soon enoughstock_MS3 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Exclamation New to datalogs

hey so i just bought my ap and i chose the stage 1 91 octane v260 map for my completely stock mazdaspeed 3 (aside from a jbr rmm). i did some logs on a 3rd gear pull and i wanted your insight bc i noticed some knock in the logs. Anything would be appreciated!

ps: i'm new to tuning and i'm french so sorry for the mistakes

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog5.csv (30.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv datalog6.csv (19.7 KB, 1 views)
stock_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-07-2018, 04:57 PM   #2

JSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the worldJSmith is the leader of the world
Groans: 80
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didnt see anything terribly out of the ordinary in datalog5.csv.

Your HPFP is borderline at 1650ish PSI. Below 1600 PSI, from what I remember, is the no go zone.

You could try adding a gallon of E-85 (if you have any available) to a full tank and see if the knock goes away.
JSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #3

stock_MS3 will become famous soon enoughstock_MS3 will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
I didnt see anything terribly out of the ordinary in datalog5.csv.

Your HPFP is borderline at 1650ish PSI. Below 1600 PSI, from what I remember, is the no go zone.

You could try adding a gallon of E-85 (if you have any available) to a full tank and see if the knock goes away.
i guess upgrading to AT hpfp would solve the borderline pressure?

And i live in Quebec, Canada so E85 isn't available..the best i can get is 94 octane. should i be concerned about the knock?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk
 Old 08-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #4

stockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the worldstockms3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

WHY YOU GOTTA STEAL MY USERNAME
stock_MS3 likes this.
2007 TR MazdaSpeed3:Autotech FP inernals, Cobb AP, Toyota Injector Seals, FR stud mod, FMIC, Fidanza flywheel/stock clutch, Forge BPV, CorkSport Stage 2 RMM, COBB SRI/PG Inlet pipe, Wiseco .20 Pistons/Manley Rods/BSD, DM/ebay catch cans, Koni Yellows/H&R springs, FD wheels, eBay downpipe, CNT catback

Soon to come: CS turbo, TR8 front mount, JBR 3" intake, EBCS, and maybe a clutch.

2005 Mazda 3 SP23: mod include rusty quarter panels and grinding 3rd gear. It does have a fusion motor, so I guess that's a mod too.
stockms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stockms3 For This Useful Post:
JSmith (08-08-2018), Thor Hammer (08-09-2018)
 Old 08-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stockms3 View Post
WHY YOU GOTTA STEAL MY USERNAME
my bad

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk
 Old 08-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #6

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 914 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On Gen 2 cars, any power mods, even a simple intake, put a serious strain on the HPFP. Any tune that raises boost or timing even slightly, is not safe on the OEM pump. That's even on a new OEM pump. Add the years of wear on that pump and it is an invitation for zoom, zoom, boom.

Get upgraded internals. Run the car on stock equivalent AP map until you get that done, IMHO. Then start tuning.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
stock_MS3 (08-10-2018)
 Old 08-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i sent a message to Cobb tuning if a stage 1 map was safe on a stock ms3 and the answer was yes....

i guess i'll flash the stage 0 map until i get my internals just to be safe
The Following User Says Thank You to stock_MS3 For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (08-09-2018)
 Old 08-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #8

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,743 Times in 914 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stock_MS3 View Post
i sent a message to Cobb tuning if a stage 1 map was safe on a stock ms3 and the answer was yes....

i guess i'll flash the stage 0 map until i get my internals just to be safe
There are threads here (search is your friend) about new Gen 2 cars having the HPFP shit the bed with only an intake or a mild stage 1 tune.

A summary (albeit eight pages in one thread):

THE OFFICIAL HPFP CDFP FUEL PUMP THREAD

Gen 1 cars are less sensitive to this problem for some reason. The person you spoke with may not be as knowledgeable about the difference in generations of the MS3, and Cobb is now not very interested in supporting this platform. Nor does the Cobb guy have any clue about how many miles may be on your OEM HPFP and how worn the piston and cylinder may be.

Do as you please, but it would be good to get those internals in place as a high priority.
stock_MS3 likes this.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSMS3 For This Useful Post:
stock_MS3 (08-10-2018)